Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Looking for Help with DPS

Hello All

I am looking for some help with my rotation, my ilvl729, my logs will mainly be from ilvl728. I know I can do better, I peak 95-100k then drop to 75k and depending on movement might drop further.

Since I just joined up unable to post links, but I can be found at US armory Beltezar - Silverhand
    logs for me can be found at warcraft logs.com

let me know if i need more information.

Thanks for your assistance
    Beltezar

Deleted
    OK on Warcraft logs there are now the logs from some HFC HC fights where I remembered to activate combat log. Search Dugib of Mazrigos.

Don't mind Kormrok log because there I ended up in a crowd during pound and died very early...

Reading the logs, my dps apparently has a minimum of 40k and an average of 45k. I noticed in game that of late I've been able to burst up to 100k, but then dps rapidly falls to about 45k and I'm not able anymore to get it over 50k.
    Anyway, following Nephilheim hints I think I obtained some slight improvements. In order to maximize damage I now use the free DS whenever it's up but only after FV (so if 2 DS come up in a row I alternate another FV and then the second DS to get full damage), and I completely omitted HotR from the rotation because I did not get enough damage from it even during crowded fights (I did some tries during Assault and dungeons, and dps was sensibly better without HotR).

Still though, 45k is not nearly a decent dps. Christ's sake my best percentile is 29...
    I see other ret pala stabilize their dps over 60k even in the fights where you have to move the most. On the contrary whenever I have to move around for few seconds my dps falls and never get up again... this thing is driving me mad, I think I'm doing everything correct, now gear is fine and I only miss 2 set pieces (I've never seen drop either the helm or the cuirass, and when the greaves finally dropped I rolled 1...), really have no clue of what I'm doing wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Sablack View Post
    OK on Warcraft logs there are now the logs from some HFC HC fights where I remembered to activate combat log. Search Dugib of Mazrigos.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dugib/advanced
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/mazrigos/Dugib
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...863023/latest/

1: No enchants on your neck, ring, back, weapon.. bleeding hollow is 500 mastery rating aka around 10% mastery which is up near on 50% of the time, the other missing enchants are 200 mastery all the time!!!
    2: No str potions used on bosses, str potions are 1000 str!!! You want to pot 1-2s before combat (called pre potting) so that you can pot again at 2m into the fight with your 4th wings.

Are you even using a strength flask and mastery food for bosses?

This kind of min/maxing stuff is standard non lfr raiding.

Boss specific:
    - Gorefiend you can use 2 wings before 1st feast and still have 2 wings for during feast
    - Council on two targets with FV you should be using DS instead of FV when you previously used a FV and have the FV buff (FV DS weaving)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beltezar View Post
    Hello All

I am looking for some help with my rotation, my ilvl729, my logs will mainly be from ilvl728. I know I can do better, I peak 95-100k then drop to 75k and depending on movement might drop further.

Since I just joined up unable to post links, but I can be found at US armory Beltezar - Silverhand
    logs for me can be found at warcraft logs.com

Thanks for your assistance
    Beltezar
    Here's Casts in Event view from H Archi kill from May
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...11&view=events

You need to go back to the drawing board and read up on the correct opener and rotation priority because I'm afraid that's not close right at all. For example HoTR is only cast at 4 targets and you have 44 HoTR casts and 9 CS casts....
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2016-05-18 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Hi seeking some advice myself. I have had an issue with Fel Lord. Link below. I feel I should be doing more, but I am not sure if it repeated to me having to run out and soak or if I missed something.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

The same for mannorath.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I may not have killed him, but looking at my longer kills, I still feel I should be doing more!!

All help will be fantastic. I am doing this on my phone as well so sorry for mistakes. My paladin is Ferwyn on Nagrand (EU).

Thanks for the help on Xhul logs. Now for Archi progression I have been playing ret since none of our other healers have viable offspecs...

reports/XWTGzR9bCmYAd4B2

This was my first night learning the fight as melee, so there are a few pulls where I picked up fire stacks and also messed up the wrought chaos... but any advice here is appreciated. Currently I was using wings on pull, 2nd doomfire, and then the wombo combo wrought chaos when we ring for the 2nd time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    1: No enchants on your neck, ring, back, weapon.. bleeding hollow is 500 mastery rating aka around 10% mastery which is up near on 50% of the time, the other missing enchants are 200 mastery all the time!!!
    2: No str potions used on bosses, str potions are 1000 str!!! You want to pot 1-2s before combat (called pre potting) so that you can pot again at 2m into the fight with your 4th wings.

Are you even using a strength flask and mastery food for bosses?

This kind of min/maxing stuff is standard non lfr raiding.

Boss specific:
    - Gorefiend you can use 2 wings before 1st feast and still have 2 wings for during feast
    - Council on two targets with FV you should be using DS instead of FV when you previously used a FV and have the FV buff (FV DS weaving)
    I actually buff up before every boss, prepot and pot again during bl, maybe when I registered those logs I did not do, though it's kinda weird because I do it literally in every fight :/

Regarding the enchants I'll provide buying the necessary stuff.

I'll also do what you advised for Gorefiend and Council and do log of it.

Thank you, for the information. reading up on proper rotation now.

Beltezar

Deleted
    I'm obtaining results. I spent last days doing hfc hc and was able to stay over 50k against both Manno and Archi, and reached an average of 66k vs Tyrant. I tried to upload the logs but they're not showing up for some reason, so I'll fix that.

Lokking for help wih my DPS

It will not allow me to post URLS yet- Armory - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Markdees/simple

During the M-Manny encounter, I was using the Chipped Soul Prism and had the Bleeding Hollow Enchant on my weapon. I have since changed to m-unending hunger and Thunderlord. We had several attempts on Manny. My DPS was normally in the 50-60K range for most attempts. I was using POTs for most attempts Pre and timed during the fight. I was using haste food, though I probably could have switched to another since my Haste is at 30 percent WITH the Chipped soul Prism. I see other Paladins in the 80K+ range on this fight. I am obviously doing something basic, very wrong. Any help will be appreciated. We could have killed Manny several time if I could have increased my DPS by 30K.

I am using the Divine Purpose rotation suggested here:
    The 7.0 Pally update on MMO - mmo-champion.com/threads/2032993-7-0-Retribution-Paladin-Guide-and-Discussion

I am using weak Auras2 to track my avengers Wrath, and am trying to keep Judgement on cool down. I am not always using Justicar's Vengeance, if at all.

Hey guys wondering if you can help me out. My guild done some EN today and well my dps seems to be lacking compre to the rest of my guildies. I'm not sure if I'm doing thing right rotation/priority wise.

Here is my current log
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/AwkVHaKxN23tZbYg#type=damage-done&source=24
    Sorry can't link it as mmo seem to not letting me

I know some of my enchants/gems/pots/food buff on the fight are not the best but can't really afford buying the best one right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsettled View Post
    Hey guys wondering if you can help me out. My guild done some EN today and well my dps seems to be lacking compre to the rest of my guildies. I'm not sure if I'm doing thing right rotation/priority wise.

Here is my current log
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/AwkVHaKxN23tZbYg#type=damage-done&source=24
    Sorry can't link it as mmo seem to not letting me

I know some of my enchants/gems/pots/food buff on the fight are not the best but can't really afford buying the best one right now.

You kept spending AP after taking the short route to A2A. So now you lack a lot of decent dps traits. Should've followed this picture (probably too late now):

Take crusade over Divine Purpose, its just SO much better. (Then have your opener be: CS, BoW, CS, CS, Judgment, Wings, Spend 5/6 HoPo, A2A, Spend 5/6 HoPo, keep getting as many TVs in during wings. Then swap over to default rotation).

Your trinkets are not very good. Faulty Countermeasure (from Vault of the Wardens) is basically BiS, even at ilvl 825. Try to farm this and macro it in your wings.

You have an insane amount of mastery. Probably because drops turned out that way, but 40% is insanely much. If you can, try swapping it for more haste .

Dont have time to look at your rotation based off of the logs, sorry. I hope this gives you a little insight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone,

Guild downed H Nythendra last night and I was wondering if you can take a look at the logs. Want to see what I can improve on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

Yea sadly with gear drop I take what I can for the time being as I'm really unlucky with drops. I'm starting to built up my haste gear now that raid is up. I believe I'm now hovering at 20% haste.

In regards to the artifact trait I guess I was stupid enough not to do any research and went for Highlord 1st as the golden dragon (path 3) and only finding out that A2A is the better choice.

Deleted
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a GM of a guild who has run 1 raid so far in EN and we managed 5/7 normal.

I am writing this on behalf of my Ret paladin friend who is getting a lot of judgement (excuse the pun) from all of our guild members and some of my officers.

I don't want to kick him from the team and since this raid, i've talked to him about what I think is best but I'm no expert...that's where you guys come in

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...palypro/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=6

Talents during raid: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/p...tribution/c1Cz

Talents after I've spoken to him: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/p...tribution/c1NM

He also didn't save the 67,000 AP before the raid so was only surviving on Ashes to Ashes and not many more traits than that...Since then has now got Ashes to Ashes and many more traits at rank 18 or 19 so in your evaluation please bare that in mind when thinking of how much he will improve?

When looking at the logs please look at the two fights he survived on which is Ilgynoth and Dragons of Nightmare. Please try to find out anything that he can improve, be it rotation-wise or CDs.

Any help is appreciated and I'm happy to give you specific Artifact trees if needed.

Thank you so much in advanced!

- Hilly
    Last edited by mmoc2190ac0516; 2016-09-23 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Hey everyone,

Guild downed H Nythendra last night and I was wondering if you can take a look at the logs. Want to see what I can improve on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5
    Generally I'd say you might swap out a talent: You got the traits on Wrath of the Ashbringer and you have horn of valor aswell. With the traits alone Crusade should be stronger than DP, but in addition of an on-use trinket, Crusade should be far better than DP. That should be the major dps increase you're propably looking for.

Some minor stuff that might help in the long term:
    Your first wings were delayed (I assume you waited for the first rot debuff, that should be fine), your second wings got delayed due to you actually getting the debuff. While you can't do much more about it directly, e.g. you could try to use only one steed charge while wings are on cd, and use both if they're about to come up to maximize the uptime. (it isn't that much of a deal in this fight, as you were playing with DP and lost about 10seconds).

Additionally try to minimize overcapping HoPo (you only overcapped with WoA, that's quite good), a few more TVs get you a bit more dmg. Without taking a deeper look, but it seems, that you could've used WoA one or two times more, despite having to delay it due to rot, but I might be wrong. Five HoPo and the dmg shouldn't be wasted.

It also seems like you delayed your judge a bit, there could have been more cast as well (maybe my math is off, but with some haste you should be able to use it more frequently. I Could be wrong here). Your TVs seem to be only during jugde debuff, that's good.
    Looking at your gear, it's fine. A servicable amount of haste. Given you played with DP, your overall HoPo generation seems to be fine (If I'm not mistaken there should be more Judge/CS/BoW casts within seven minutes, but DP instead of Crusade should naturally decrease these amounts).
    Your RNG was normal, FoJ procced as expected (20/115), and DP procced close to 20% aswell (17/93). No major loses here.
    Also: You didn't used Horn of Valor at with your last wings. They're at same CD and almost same duration, you might just macro the Horn into your Wings.

You didn't use any pot at all, I won't judge that, they're expensive as fuck currently, but maybe use gunpowder charges from engeeniers? These are definitely worse than potions, but at least thats some additional damage.

I just took a quick look at the in my experience most common flaws, but most things are ok, maybe someone else can correct me at some points/add more, but I'd say the most important part is using DP, Crusade should bring more damage. Furthermore I'm not exactly sure what should be expected out of DP (160k seems to be at the lower end of expectations), but that might be due to downtime etc.

Deleted
    Im not very good at going indepth in logs. But I'll share what notices me.
    On Ilgynoth he only has 2% damage from Might, should be ~8-10%. He just flatout only buffed 1 person (probably himself), while he should buff 3x top dps. (He mightve buffed people with Wisdom and Kings, I can't tell. But thats not worth it).
    The logs are, as you mentioned, with DP. Crusade should already be a very noticable upgrade next raid.
    His trinkets are god awful. Probably not a lot he can do about it. But if you guys are nice enough as a guild, have 5 of you (incl him) farm Vault of the Wardens HC, as the 825+ Faulty Countermeasure trinket is BiS. Is a signifact boost as well.

Another thing he probably cant do a lot about, is his amount of haste. 14% is VERY low. Should be around 25-30%.

It looks like he just doesnt get the basic grasp of ret. Have him try Hekili's weakaura: https://wago.io/VJ68LVvwb to get him used to the rotation.
    What I notice is that he prioritizes Justicar's Vengeance over Templars Verdict. Even without Divine Purpose procs. This is bad.
    Very little amount of judgments used in a 5 and 8min fight. Judgment should basically be always on cooldown, as its probably the most important, and only, mechanic a ret has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillybilly View Post
    -snip-
    So he got the long route now? If so that's fine. I'm not sure how valueable Crusade is without the increased duration on it. Anyway, getting Ashes to Ashes and the increased wing duration are the major dps boost, the other traits (like 24% judge dmg e.g. are about 2-3% for each 3/3 traits). Summed up it should improve his damage.
    A smaller flaw, but still something to improve on is JV usage: It should only be used with either a DP procc or in desperate need of healing (later one doesn't seem to be the case).
    His haste seems a bit low, but should be sufficient to pull some damage. //after looking more into the logs I'd recommend working on this improvements later, as there are bigger issues.

Biggest issues:
    Since you linked Il'gynoth, that's a rather bad fight for Rets, as we aren't really shining there. But there are flaws visible: He can use Wings on pull, it's just wasted dps otherwise, as Wings will be ready for phase two anyway. Looking at Ursoc he used it once in a four minute fight, and that use didn't even lined up with hero. generally there are few exceptions, so he should use it on pull and whenever it's ready and he can make use of it (delay Avenging Wrath if boss runs/flies away, he has to move away from the boss or you want to save it for a certain phase).
    As example: he could have used wings in the beginning and a second time once your raid uses Lust/Hero.

But his major flaw is wasting HoPo! he overcapped often! 66 HoPo are 22 TV or DS cast, which are our main source of dmg. At this point it isn't about using it with jugdement, it's about using them at all! Holy Power is our resource and it usage should be optimized, he wasted about 25% of it by overcapping.
    Looking at Ursoc, the same thing happened. He has to learn to play around Holy Power, build, judge, spent.

I'd recommend to not talent crusade right now, as Crusade is all about Burst and to some extend about managing HoPo (areas where he currently seems to struggle on). He maybe should take a look at the rotation section of a guide (wowhead or icy veins should be beginner friendly to get the basics down, and here in the forum is one available aswell).
    Basically: use Jugde as often as possible, build up Holy Power, spend it during judge (outside of the judge window if overcapping otherwise), rinse and repeat.
    It's simplfied and a guide will do a much better explanation as I could.
    Once he got a better grip on the basics his damage should improve, since you seem motivated and invested in helping: maybe get a read on ret basics aswell (if you got the time) and help him out, or find another Ret who his willing to explain it, sometimes this helps more than just reading.
    And while it seems like overcapping is worse than wiping: a little bit is okay, it happens easily with WoA generating five or a FoJ proc gets unnoticed, but it just shouldn't be that much.

I hope this helps :/ (Edit: sry if formating and my english are a bit off)
    Last edited by mmoc5e1f49b14b; 2016-09-23 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you so much Zyphenz and Socce!!

I'll definitely take away both of your replies and really try to help him!

Thanks again so much

Hello all, great work on this thread

I like for someone to take a look at my log and tell me where I can improve.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Miyaka/simple
    Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/p...tribution/cINM
    Log (Ursoc Heroic): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RgXHDAt3kxZyQahd/

I scored 65% on rankings so please take a look and tell me what I can do to improve.

Also I have the following questions:
    1- On what fights is Virtue Blade better than Blade of Wrath talent?
    2- I use Crusade on all fights except Heart of Corruption (using divine purpose here), is this correct?
    3- The way I stack Crusade is : 5HP-> Crusade-> Justicar Vengeance-> WoA-> Justicar Vengeance. This gives me an immediate 11 stacks once I pop my crusade. Am I doing it right or am I wasting WoA by not using it with full 15 stacks?
    4- I am not sure when to use my Judg, before I only used it when I had 4/5 HP, now that my haste is becoming higher do I keep that or use it on CD?
    Last edited by Kisuke42; 2016-09-24 at 03:11 PM.