Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Hello all, great work on this thread

I like for someone to take a look at my log and tell me where I can improve.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Miyaka/simple
    Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/p...tribution/cINM
    Log (Ursoc Heroic): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RgXHDAt3kxZyQahd/

I scored 65% on rankings so please take a look and tell me what I can do to improve.

Also I have the following questions:
    1- On what fights is Virtue Blade better than Blade of Wrath talent?
    2- I use Crusade on all fights except Heart of Corruption (using divine purpose here), is this correct?
    3- The way I stack Crusade is : 5HP-> Crusade-> Justicar Vengeance-> WoA-> Justicar Vengeance. This gives me an immediate 11 stacks once I pop my crusade. Am I doing it right or am I wasting WoA by not using it with full 15 stacks?
    4- I am not sure when to use my Judg, before I only used it when I had 4/5 HP, now that my haste is becoming higher do I keep that or use it on CD?
    Still hoping someone could look at this.

Anywhere else I can post my logs and get some advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Still hoping someone could look at this.

Anywhere else I can post my logs and get some advice?
    Your dps looks pretty solid man so I won't try and critique you... I'll leave that to the experts.

If you're still wanting someone to check out your logs try and join the discord. It's a fairly active place and just ask someone to take a look. Might take an attempt or 2 but someone will eventually offer to help. Good luck!

I would link you but with my low post count it won't let me. Check towards the bottom of the Ret 7.0 guide.

Deleted
    @Kisuke42:
    65% isn't bad. And there are actually some possible reasons why your percentile was relative low, even without "failing":
    -Potions, Old War is really strong right now, it's reasonable to expect ~20-30k dps by it (this week at least, the coming nerf is kinda justified). Without it, others will obviously perform better. With using two pots you would have probably been in the 70-80th percentile.
    -Retribution uptime (even though you got one buff lining up with Crusade) can screw data.
    -Rets with FCM or at least a better version of Horn of Valor (or maybe better optimized gear in generall) might also perform slightly better.

Looking at your log there are no really heavy mistakes (sure you wasted one single CS, that doesn't matter). I just ran a quick sim (maybe the version is slightly outdated, it's still using Deadly grace -.-) as comparison, disregarded the pot dmg, it only simmed about ~15k higher than your log, which isn't bad considering sims won't ever be that accurate (human error exists anyway and even Ursoc involves a little bit downtime etc).
    On the first glance your damage is decent and your "rotation" seems to be alright.
    Sure Improvements are possible, outside of using pots (in my opinion: there's no need to waste gold on bosses like ursoc if your raid isn't struggling with dps anyways, just use WoD pots or gunpowder charges if you want to). But It's hard to tell what could be done without taking a deeper look (Call me lazy, but rather obvious flaws are easier to point out^^).

about your questions:
    1) Unless the encounter would prevent you from making use of the lower cd of BoW, there isn't anything else than your current crit and haste values that influence these talents => just take whatever it's better for your current gear (at your current gear they're in a 1-2k dps range, but remember that my simcraft is slighty outdated, new gear and the coming hotfix can change it. I'd recommend sticking with whatever you're more comfortable with for the time being.
    2) I'd just stick with Crusade for the Heart. You still should be able to get more damage out than with DP. And solid burst on some priority adds/heart itself might be better than just mediocre damage on everything. (Rather do what you are good at, than try to do what other classes do better anyway imho).
    3) Just Stack Crusade with TV, stacking slightly faster isn't worth using JV instead of TV (as latter one still provides far better dmg per HoPo spend).
    As for Wake of Ashes: You can open by WoA -> Judge -> Crusade + TV (usually on pull for example), with one or two relics on Wrath of the Ashbringer you squeeze in a second WoA near the end of Crusade anyway. Otherwise (usually during the fight, e.g. due to WoA delay, it's still fine to use WoA in the Beginning even if you don't get a second one during Crusade. Afaik the HoPo you gain without casting generators without buffed haste is more valuable than a little bit more WoA damage (its damage is about 6-8% of our total ST-dmg anyway).
    4) You don't need to specifically pool for judge/only cast it at full HoPo, feel free to use it close to on cd, but you still might want to prioritize BoW/CS over it.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ryanser:
    First thing I noticed is that you could use BoW more frequently. We could compare it to Kisuke42: While at quite similar haste levels and roughly 4:30min Ursoc fights: You used BoW ~10 times less. While you got Gaze once, which obviously increases your downtime, you could still use it more frequently, TV is our main source of damage and therefore generating more HoPo for it could help your damage. Looking at your Xavius logs you also delay your WoA over longer periods of time, try to use it as often as possible.
    You could try to optimze your HoPo generation by:
    Using WoA on cd if you have zero (maybe one) HoPo. Try to spend your holy power when WoA comes off cooldown.
    Using BoW (close to) on cooldown, unless you have more than three HoPo, your second CS charge is up or you're about to use WoA.
    I'm sorry but I can't take a deeper look at it currently, but generating more HoPo should up your damage a bit.

A small note at your linked Ursoc log: Your damage on that try was just lower, because getting Gaze as Ret during Crusade screws you kinda hard (compared to other tries, you just lost ~15-20k because it screwed your opening burst).

Quote Originally Posted by Socce View Post
    3) Just Stack Crusade with TV, stacking slightly faster isn't worth using JV instead of TV (as latter one still provides far better dmg per HoPo spend).
    As for Wake of Ashes: You can open by WoA -> Judge -> Crusade + TV (usually on pull for example), with one or two relics on Wrath of the Ashbringer you squeeze in a second WoA near the end of Crusade anyway. Otherwise (usually during the fight, e.g. due to WoA delay, it's still fine to use WoA in the Beginning even if you don't get a second one during Crusade. Afaik the HoPo you gain without casting generators without buffed haste is more valuable than a little bit more WoA damage (its damage is about 6-8% of our total ST-dmg anyway).
    Wow man amazing analysis. Could you please explain the bolded part. I am not sure I understood it.

Good day all,

I need some help as a new ret pally. I was playing a warlock and trying to get used to my DPS as a ret pally. My numbers are low and I was hoping for some help. One thing I know is i feel like i'm in the boss hitbox but it takes a second for me to realize that i'm actually not and not even hitting. Below is my armory and a our warcraft logs as well.

I'm currently using Divine Purpose proc on Justicar's Vengeance which i believe is correct? Or should I use templars verdict?

......us.battle.(net)/wow/en/character/aggramar/%C3%89rthelmi/simple
    warcraftlogs.(com)/reports/WLTfqxMkcmP7nd4y#fight=15

Any and all help ( even harsh help) is greatly appreicated....

I had to put net and com in () to summit.

also i'm almost at AP 22 which will get me Echo of the Highlord.

Anyone? Also I just got FCM should I replace horn of valor if so what should I use as second trinket ? High str stat stick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Anyone? Also I just got FCM should I replace horn of valor if so what should I use as second trinket ? High str stat stick ?
    Horn of Valor and Faulty Countermeasure are currently the BiS for ret

Hey all,

I'm looking to get some help with my DPS. I feel like I have the priority system down and want to find out what I can do to help get my DPS higher. I'm not sure if its something I'm missing, or perhaps its a gear issue. I know that I'm not suing the best flask and potion, but they are just too expensive for me right now.

My character is Aonea. My profile is: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Aonea/advanced

Last 3 logs for our guild raids are:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/c7WtVTgMYXw6axrD
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wt2xVhJrdKva7RWm
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/DpTjt7ZhnfqkcN1V

If anyone is able to take a look and critique me, I'd really appreciate it! I can't post direct links yet, if someone is able to fix them.
    Last edited by Aonea; 2016-10-03 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillybilly View Post
    Thank you so much Zyphenz and Socce!!

I'll definitely take away both of your replies and really try to help him!

Thanks again so much
    Also tell him to stop putting on gear just because it has a higher item level. The correct stats matter much more.

guys guys , yesterday i noticed some loss in my dps and i thought it was just me but then i went into the wow forum to check and there is a post about a hidden nerf can someone confirm please

7/7H ~ ilvl 865 here. My Retribution DPS has always seemed fine, even before the massive buff. The meters seem to tell me that I'm doing fine on damage, but I want to push higher numbers and know when/what talents to use or swap for each fight. I'd really love to get a second opinion on how to push my dps higher.

Here are some logs for reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...108291/latest/

I'm at 27% haste. There's much higher ilvl rings with haste/mastery in my inventory, but I feel like the secondary stats on the rings I wear + the 10% autoattack damage are the most optimal equips when countijng stat weights.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ittle/advanced

My Ashbringer is 891, and the artifact tree is http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...wNgEV8BFhAU-wE

I have the below trinkets. I currently decided that Nature's Call and the Memento are the best, but I'm not sure. Is there a better combination?

Nature's Call ilvl 865, Memento of Angerboda ilvl850, Horn of Valor ilvl845, Spiked Counterweight ilvl850, and a few strength/secondary stat trinkets from world quests that I assume are worse than these proc trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonea View Post
    Hey all,

I'm looking to get some help with my DPS. I feel like I have the priority system down and want to find out what I can do to help get my DPS higher. I'm not sure if its something I'm missing, or perhaps its a gear issue. I know that I'm not suing the best flask and potion, but they are just too expensive for me right now.

My character is Aonea. My profile is: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Aonea/advanced

Last 3 logs for our guild raids are:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/c7WtVTgMYXw6axrD
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wt2xVhJrdKva7RWm
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/DpTjt7ZhnfqkcN1V

If anyone is able to take a look and critique me, I'd really appreciate it! I can't post direct links yet, if someone is able to fix them.
    Bumping for help!

Decisions decisions....
    Should I swap 825 ilvl + 977 str +849 crit trinket with 830 ilvl + 1123 str + 898 Mastery one?
    Last I simmed(a few days ago) mastery was dead last for me with crit being ~equal with Haste.
    Losing 3% crit and gaining 4% Mastery ?...
    argh!)

Tier 18 (HFC) 2 piece got nerfed, no more double wings on-pull. Now gives "(2) Set: Increases all damage you do by 2%."
    4 piece still works, most likely not efficient to bother with it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Horn of Valor and Faulty Countermeasure are currently the BiS for ret
    Please dont use HoV and FCM at the same time... 2 use trinkets are terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Decisions decisions....
    Should I swap 825 ilvl + 977 str +849 crit trinket with 830 ilvl + 1123 str + 898 Mastery one?
    Last I simmed(a few days ago) mastery was dead last for me with crit being ~equal with Haste.
    Losing 3% crit and gaining 4% Mastery ?...
    argh!)
    Use the crit one for ST, mastery for aoe if you have greater judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Hey guys can someone take a look at my logs; I am trying everything I can personally think of and still falling short of all the other DPS in my raid and its driving me nuts I simmed my trinkets and gear and right now I have the best possible gear / trinkets on per sim testing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nalld/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H4RZhdzCtXLvnyxM

Thanks in advanced!

Don