Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    2PC should still overcome the small ilevel difference, The biggest difference would be if you were losing a ton of Haste in which you most likely aren't. What 2 pieces BTW?
    chest and shoulders.. i tried on garalon and was 20 k lower on dps dunno why.. after i switched to gear from msv normal kings chest and golden lotus shoulders was much better.. i made around 85k and it was a kill.. maybe i oscilate to much.. and haste was at same numbers around 22.10%...
    Last edited by Ianus; 2012-12-23 at 03:06 AM.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    chest and shoulders.. i tried on garalon and was 20 k lower on dps dunno why.. after i switched to gear from msv normal kings chest and golden lotus shoulders was much better.. i made around 85k and it was a kill.. maybe i oscilate to much.. and haste was at same numbers around 22.10%...
    RNG happened. Stick with 2-piece.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    RNG happened. Stick with 2-piece.
    its not rng if it was constant 60k dps while wiping 3-4 times in meantime..

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    its not rng if it was constant 60k dps while wiping 3-4 times in meantime..
    That's a very, very, very small sample size. In terms of statistical worth, it's worth nothing.

  5. #105
    but irl its a gara kill cause would replace myself if i would do constantly 60k in a course of whole fight and after i said to my rl that need to switch back ..after switching on first try it was 75k on gara 15% wipe..cause between 510k and 535k on gara its a kill ..i also thought it would better but i got convinced otherwise
    Last edited by Ianus; 2012-12-23 at 03:56 AM.

  6. #106
    I have a couple of questions.

    - Im a jewelcrafter. Should I gem +320 Str or +480 Haste (with orange str/haste gems in red sockets)? Ive seen a couple of sites with defferent answers.
    - I read somewhere that after a certain ilvl, Crit gets prio over mastery, is this true? If it is, should I use Kings instead of Might if I'm passed that point?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Alissana View Post
    I have a couple of questions.

    - Im a jewelcrafter. Should I gem +320 Str or +480 Haste (with orange str/haste gems in red sockets)? Ive seen a couple of sites with defferent answers.
    - I read somewhere that after a certain ilvl, Crit gets prio over mastery, is this true? If it is, should I use Kings instead of Might if I'm passed that point?
    From what I keep seeing on these forums, 320 strength.

  8. #108
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    chest and shoulders.. i tried on garalon and was 20 k lower on dps dunno why.. after i switched to gear from msv normal kings chest and golden lotus shoulders was much better.. i made around 85k and it was a kill.. maybe i oscilate to much.. and haste was at same numbers around 22.10%...
    Even a gear change wouldn't make up for 20K dps if you were a full 20K behind there was something overlooked that just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Even a gear change wouldn't make up for 20K dps if you were a full 20K behind there was something overlooked that just isn't possible.
    y simc tells me same thing..have more dps with lfr 2piece ..i just can't figure out what happend

  10. #110
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    y simc tells me same thing..have more dps with lfr 2piece ..i just can't figure out what happend
    Do you mean SC is telling you 2PC is worth more than off set pieces or that it is less using 2PC? While 2 PC's isn't as strong as 4PC it's still pretty strong and there is just not enough secondary stats on 2 pieces of gear to drop a full 20K dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Do you mean SC is telling you 2PC is worth more than off set pieces or that it is less using 2PC? While 2 PC's isn't as strong as 4PC it's still pretty strong and there is just not enough secondary stats on 2 pieces of gear to drop a full 20K dps.
    it shows minor improvement on dps from lfr 2piece(chest,shoulders) comparing to offset gear from msv normal
    Last edited by Ianus; 2012-12-25 at 10:04 PM.

  12. #112
    Hope I'm doing this right, throwing myself out here out of sheer frustration

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kjold/advanced

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...um/damageDone/

    Pretty sure I'm below where I should be on most fights, watching the rest of our dps pass me every week now. Going to start trying to wean myself off of CLCRet. Still relatively new to this spec so I'm sure I'm making more than a few mistakes. CD's, I have a trinket bound to wings and a trinket bound to Execution Sentence. I use wings and guardian on the pull unless we're lusting shortly after, then I save them for the lust. Try to time second use as close to lust as possible. Use ES every time it's up. I notice it's very obvious if I screw up the timing on a CD.

  13. #113
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Just commenting on your armory - too much expertise. You can probably replace Lessons with Relic of Xuen if you have the gold. One of your rings have expertise on it that wasn't reforged off, you can do that too. Quite a bit below hit cap.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  14. #114
    Ah didn't notice the ring, good call. My hit is 7.37 in game right now, would it be better to be slightly below than over? Was thinking it'd be better to reforge that exp into mastery than hit. And yeah, need to replace the blue trinket, working on getting the dominance offensive one.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Ah didn't notice the ring, good call. My hit is 7.37 in game right now, would it be better to be slightly below than over? Was thinking it'd be better to reforge that exp into mastery than hit. And yeah, need to replace the blue trinket, working on getting the dominance offensive one.
    The Dominance Offensive one is complete crap, don't get it. If you must get a valor trinket, get the Iron Belly Wok.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    The Dominance Offensive one is complete crap, don't get it. If you must get a valor trinket, get the Iron Belly Wok.
    I have iron belly wok, need to replace my other trinket and was hoping to do it for under 20k gold

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I have iron belly wok, need to replace my other trinket and was hoping to do it for under 20k gold
    Ohh, idiot me didn't look at your armory, it that case I would save your Valor Points and instead upgrade something like Starshatter, imo it would be better in the long run. HA might also provide a DPS increase with Darkmaster, though you would have to sim to know that for sure.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Ohh, idiot me didn't look at your armory, it that case I would save your Valor Points and instead upgrade something like Starshatter, imo it would be better in the long run. HA might also provide a DPS increase with Darkmaster, though you would have to sim to know that for sure.
    My Starshatter is already upgraded twice, tier pants once, iron belly wok once. I could do about 2 more upgrades tonight with the vp I currently have.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    My Starshatter is already upgraded twice, tier pants once, iron belly wok once. I could do about 2 more upgrades tonight with the vp I currently have.
    Thats what I get for not scrolling over tooltips, bah, didn't know they add it. You could always horde for upgrading on Lei Shen's Final Orders, or upgrade something like your tier gloves or cape. Darkmaster to Skullrender isn't even a DPS upgrade so just don't do that. Trinket stuff is on the link below if your curious.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Mists-WIP
    Last edited by torterra275; 2012-12-31 at 04:13 AM.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Hope I'm doing this right, throwing myself out here out of sheer frustration

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kjold/advanced

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...um/damageDone/

    Pretty sure I'm below where I should be on most fights, watching the rest of our dps pass me every week now. Going to start trying to wean myself off of CLCRet. Still relatively new to this spec so I'm sure I'm making more than a few mistakes. CD's, I have a trinket bound to wings and a trinket bound to Execution Sentence. I use wings and guardian on the pull unless we're lusting shortly after, then I save them for the lust. Try to time second use as close to lust as possible. Use ES every time it's up. I notice it's very obvious if I screw up the timing on a CD.
    Use Reforgelite to reach for your hit/exp cap in the most optimised layout.

    Your opening is not optimal (I checked Blade Lord tayak in depth)
    Why use IBW just like a pre-pot ? You lose a great haste buff instead of using it with inq and AW up!
    Why didn't you blow all your CDs on the pull ? why wait 30sec ?

    Correct opener would be : pre-pot+Guardian>exo>judge>CS>INQ>AW+HoW (macro this to be sure you hit HoW the first ms of AW, it might get you to that last one that seem to escape in the end of AW ^^)>ES>HoW>EXO/J (depending on AoW proc)>HoW+IBW+DarkmasterLessons (to fully benefit from the haste with a fully-stacked - or nearly full - guardian+ STR bonus> and go on with the normal priorities.

    You should ALWAYS use ES while under INQ and the maximum STR bonus(es) possible to maximise its output (it takes a snapshot of your stats ON CAST and is not buffed afterwards).
    That way you use your CDs on pull, and re-use them as soon as they are up again. and always while INQ is up.

    Letting INQ fall off during movement phase is ok if you know you cannot hit the boss at all, but using ES, trinkets and such while you're not under INQ is a huge loss.
    Besides, for Ta'yak, I suggest you use Speed of Light : there's is not much movement in P1, and you can sprint when you move the boss to the next alcove. During P2, SoL is pretty handy to reach the boss faster : make sure you use it AFTER stampeding roar and such. If you fail at the tornado game, bubble through and laugh at the boss when you kick his ass (you can't use bubble IN the tornado, but use it to run through them, they won't take you off)

    WoL siteweb is bugged on my end (graph not accessible and shit) so I can't analyze any further but these are some first tips to improve your performance I hope.

    P.S. : in the name of the Holy Light, don't waste your VP to upgrade IBW, it's barely better than Darkmaster. Unless you're capped at 3k VP and upgraded your 496 set-pieces, well, you'll have the luxury to waste it, but IBW isn't worth it.
    Last edited by metasaigneur; 2012-12-31 at 05:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •