Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    New follower setup?

    With the addition of Nerus Moonfang and Maximillian champions what is the best champion setup atm? and of we can now use 6/6 without upgrade or 7/7 with upgrade.

    Anyone know the optimal setup now?

  2. #2
    Moroes and Meatball if you have them.
    for the remaining slots, I'd balance out the potential counters while using the followers with the best additional bonuses.
    -Maximillian and Tyrosus would propably be the best Prot pallies, as they grant you a 20% bonus.
    -On the other side I don't like Aponi, as imho her bonus is really underwhelming.
    -I'm not sure on the value of Arathor and Boros. With the additional item slots their effects could be better, as you can get close to 200% more easily with only one or two champions, making using troops better to keep more missions running (maaaaybe).

    Since there a lot of new missions, I can't say which set up is optimal, as I don't now the amount of missions that need each counter. Theoretically you should be fine if you have every spec and ability two times (Moroes and Meatball act as all three specs at once iirc).
    I don't have meatballs/moroes, so I'm using: Liadrin, Tyrosus, Delas, Arathor, Maximillian and Julia. Seventh one will propably be Nerus, as I lack a second Hazard counter.
    This way the counters should be balanced. But I should get Meatball...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rocius View Post
    With the addition of Nerus Moonfang and Maximillian champions what is the best champion setup atm? and of we can now use 6/6 without upgrade or 7/7 with upgrade.

    Anyone know the optimal setup now?
    There's a post on reddit regarding this, I think.

    Basically, you want the Aponi, Delas, Arator, Liadrin, Maximillian, and Maxwell for your 6 definite actives. This guarantees you have 2 of each class and 2 for every counter.

    For you 7th, use Moroes/Meatball (if you want them for strong % bonuses for missions) or Boros/Nerus/Lothraxion (if you want a combat ally for resource/gold equipment stacking). I guess you could use Meatball for the resource/gold stacking items, so you can easily swap him in and out for a combat ally or for missions, since his massive % mission bonus means you dont really need equipment on him to give more percentage.

    The link also says to focus on flat 10% success, 15% success and 40% 8h+ equipment. This will ensure you 200% missions with over 8 hours with ease, and the items you get from Meatball/Maxwell will help you cap shorter missions, if you need. The down side is that you won't speed up mission times, if that's something you are aiming for.

    Found it!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...red_champions/

  4. #4
    I keep seeing people talk about Meatball and Moroes where or what are they and how does one get them?

  5. #5
    Edit: In case someone wants as little spoilers as possible: You get Meatball in the Brawler's Guild, a detailed guide would be this one e.g.:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._get_meatball/

    For Moroes you need to be lucky, as far as I now killing him in Kara has a chance to drop an item that starts the quest.

  6. #6
    Boros is too good to not have as a companion follower doing world quests and elites and all that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Boros is too good to not have as a companion follower doing world quests and elites and all that.
    Boros is a complete boss. Even if he falls in combat, five seconds later he comes charging in out of nowhere to pick up aggro.

  8. #8
    The problem I'm having is the board is giving me ilevel 900 missions now but my followers have an average ilevel of 880, I don't have enough armor to go around for all of them, and now I also have to level up Max and Nerus AND eventually boost their ilevel too.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    The problem I'm having is the board is giving me ilevel 900 missions now but my followers have an average ilevel of 880, I don't have enough armor to go around for all of them, and now I also have to level up Max and Nerus AND eventually boost their ilevel too.
    This can be a pain in the ass. Luckily, we have the Order Hall upgrade to place work orders for equipment, and the missions for ilvl items tend to be pretty short.

    Although, not wildly talked about too much, people recommended not using any ilvl items on your 850 champions until you had enough to push them all to 900 at once. This is so you don't have only one or two at 900, and you start getting 900 missions that you can't get high success % easily.

    Since you've kind of already botched your ilvls a little (in relation with generating ilvl 900 missions before your roster can handle them easily), I'd try to keep increasing their ilvl slowly up to cap. It'll be a pain due to not being able to get the extra bonuses, but.. after a few days, you'll be fine. If you plan to swap any freshly obtained champions onto your active roster, don't do so until you have all the items to instantly pop them up to ilvl 900, so they aren't completely useless.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarium View Post
    Boros is a complete boss. Even if he falls in combat, five seconds later he comes charging in out of nowhere to pick up aggro.
    How can he be half of a boss than Lothraxion is?? As a Paladin you don't need taunt and shit. You zerg everything in your path without dying. If you need a bodyguard to taunt mobs out of you... Well you are not a very good Paladin. Illona was different, while yes, she taunted, she was worth having with you since she had that wannabe meeting stone.

    Lothraxion is the real boss. I stunned 15 hordes with him and wipe them out in on an invasion thanks to his ability. And I were only with two guildmates doing it. (Horde dominated server sadly).
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2017-04-14 at 10:34 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    How can he be half of a boss than Lothraxion is?? As a Paladin you don't need taunt and shit. You zerg everything in your path without dying. If you need a bodyguard to taunt mobs out of you... Well you are not a very good Paladin. Illona was different, while yes, she taunted, she was worth having with you since she had that wannabe meeting stone.

    Lothraxion is the real boss. I stunned 15 hordes with him and wipe them out in on an invasion thanks to his ability. And I were only with two guildmates doing it. (Horde dominated server sadly).
    I don't care about a stun because I don't pvp. I can solo stuff that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise with Boros - and yes, you can die if you pull too many elite mobs with Lothraxion, comparatively. Paladins are not invincible.

  12. #12
    I just use Arator as my bodyguard because he's a bro. Almost got Max to epic so once I got that, I've got two 50g thingies to drop on him which is all I've got on Arator as is. Beyond getting the gold missions, there's fuck all to do with them TBH. The bonus rolls are easy to get stacked to 200 without effort (use your Tyrosus books if you got to). Arator is maximum bro tier but Max has got charge. Don't tell me you never wish you had charge as a paladin. He is living the dream. Once you get a couple of spare gold items on him, get that bad boy out there with you.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  13. #13
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    59
    there are many artifact missions, some are 2hr but still award the high AP item.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dustdog View Post
    there are many artifact missions, some are 2hr but still award the high AP item.
    If it's 2 hours in the app, it's probably actually over 12. There's a bug in the app right now.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rocius View Post
    With the addition of Nerus Moonfang and Maximillian champions what is the best champion setup atm? and of we can now use 6/6 without upgrade or 7/7 with upgrade.

    Anyone know the optimal setup now?
    This is the most optimal setup according to Jabari11 https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._guide_for_72/. This setup requires you to get both Maximilian and Meatball. They're really easy to get and if you want the most optimal setup you should get them.

    Crysth linked another post (https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...red_champions/) which suggest you going with Arator over Nerus. An argument can be made for both. But if you look at the big picture it is better to go with Nerus instead.

    But I wouldn't recommend using Tyrosus over Boros. You're way better off using Aponi (Julias trait is making her quite unattractive to use) and Nerus to counter hazard instead of Tyrosus. Tyrosus trait isn't that good either compared with Nerus. Aponis isn't great either but you just don't want Julias trait .

    So get Meatball/Moroes and Maximillian. Set Meatball/Moroes as a bodyguard - equip the one you chose with gold/resources item. Then active Liadrin, Nerus, Delas, Aponi, Boros and Maximillian as Jabari11 suggest. Jabari then suggest to equip them with +20% success with tier 2 troops, 15% mission sucess and then either a +10% success or 10% success with a tier 2 troop. You can of course equip for example Nerus with a +8h success item to go along with his trait but might not be the best for e.g Aponi.

    EDIT: Added the suggested champions suggested by Jabari11 over at reddit if someone doesn't want to read his post . All credit goes to him.
    Last edited by Laggaiskogen; 2017-04-18 at 12:29 PM.
    English is not my first language - feel free to correct me!

  16. #16
    Tyrosus trait isn't that good either compared with Nerus. Aponis isn't great either but you just don't want Julias trait .
    Tyrosus trait is imho by far the best one. Generally you get most missions easily to 200%, so it's better to have the +20% to missions where you need it, rather than only have a conditional bonus which you don't need half of the time.
    Also Julia is far better than Aponi. Aponi does nothing at all (unless it's an alt, wehre you want to save OH resources), whereas Julia might allow you to run more missions per day.
    Additionally if you don't go for equiment based on >8h missions, there is only one downside to Julia's trait, which is using her together with Nerus. And it only affects few lucrative missions (raid missions are >10h anyway and there only ~6 AP/rep missions between 8-10h), so you shouldn't really be forced to combine them while negating Nerus trait, which in the worst case can be offset by Tyrosus Tomes). And with three slots, you schouldn't really need the >8h equipment, two champions + Knights gets you to 200% pretty much all the time (Tyrosus' Tomes fill gaps), leaving hardly any (if at all) downsides to Julia, imho significantly better than Aponi.

  17. #17
    I have no issues having 3 200% missions going at any given time using this combo:
    Moroes (+30% on 8hrs, +40% on 8hrs, +10%)
    Meatball (+30% on 8hrs, +40% on 8hrs, +15%)
    Delas (+30% on 8hrs, +10%, +15%)
    Liadrin (+30% on 8hrs, +20% on 8hrs, +15%/+15%hazards)
    Tyrosus (+40%on 8hrs, +10%, empty)
    Maximillian (+30% on 8hrs, empty, empty)
    Nerus as bodyguard (+50g +25g empty)

    I use Nerus as a follower because I am loving the summon/dismiss ability and I hate followers that taunt off me. I'm a tank, I don't need something taunting off me every 10 seconds, all it does is reduce my DPS through less avengers shield procs. The switch from bodyguard to support ability on Nerus (and Max) makes them so much better. You can stop them from killing random unneeded stuff by themselves and keeping you stuck in combat. Any sub-8 hour mission can use 1-3 of meatball/tyrosus upgrades to get 20-60% increased success which is more than enough typically to 200% those as well.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I have no issues having 3 200% missions going at any given time using this combo:
    Moroes (+30% on 8hrs, +40% on 8hrs, +10%)
    Meatball (+30% on 8hrs, +40% on 8hrs, +15%)
    Delas (+30% on 8hrs, +10%, +15%)
    Liadrin (+30% on 8hrs, +20% on 8hrs, +15%/+15%hazards)
    Tyrosus (+40%on 8hrs, +10%, empty)
    Maximillian (+30% on 8hrs, empty, empty)
    Nerus as bodyguard (+50g +25g empty)

    I use Nerus as a follower because I am loving the summon/dismiss ability and I hate followers that taunt off me. I'm a tank, I don't need something taunting off me every 10 seconds, all it does is reduce my DPS through less avengers shield procs. The switch from bodyguard to support ability on Nerus (and Max) makes them so much better. You can stop them from killing random unneeded stuff by themselves and keeping you stuck in combat. Any sub-8 hour mission can use 1-3 of meatball/tyrosus upgrades to get 20-60% increased success which is more than enough typically to 200% those as well.
    Where and how on earth do you get Meatball & Moroes?? Afaik they're not available as champions in Legion.
    I have
    Lady Liadrin
    Vindicator Boros
    Aponi Brightmane
    Delas Moonfang
    Justicar Julia Celeste
    Nerus Moonfang
    Arator The Redeemer
    Lord Maxwell Tyrosus(deactivated)
    Lorthraxion(deactivated)
    Last edited by dawnrose; 2017-04-23 at 02:46 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarium View Post
    Boros is a complete boss. Even if he falls in combat, five seconds later he comes charging in out of nowhere to pick up aggro.
    exactly the combat companion I don't want.
    one you have to be taunting off of every 3 seconds that doesnt have the surviveability to just leave the mob on him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose View Post
    Where and how on earth do you get Meatball & Moroes?? Afaik they're not available as champions in Legion.
    moroes absolutley is. from kara. dont know about meatball
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose View Post
    Where and how on earth do you get Meatball & Moroes?? Afaik they're not available as champions in Legion.
    )
    Moroes is from new Kara, and Meatball is from Brawler's Guild.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •