Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Logged out in Prot gear bud; can't tell from your gear if you're doing that part correctly.
    Should be in ret gear now, forgot i was grinding dailies and charms when i logged out

Deleted
    Hello everybody, so 2 months or so playing ret and slowly progressing but I'm feeling I'm lacking of something to really perform and I'm reading on a regularly basis these forums and other internet ressources like checking top logs (I really hope one day I could master the expression editor to rapidly compare HP generator/CD usage etc. between logs :/) I need a sanity check on how I perform and especially what I should improve.

Armory Link: My armory
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I'm doing all my fights with SW and ES and sometimes I'm swapping glyphs Exo / Harsh words
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Primordius
    Dark Animus
    Iron Quon

Questions, concerns, expectations: So far I'm doing okay, this LO I coined a 541 hit sword and was hoping doing good but I feel I'm hitting a plateau, I know I'm a bit inexperienced with ret but still it's bugging me ^^. IMO I'm delaying my abilities too much, my first conclusions lead me to think that I'm missing some GCDs (got some abilities delay :/) and so far I'm generating not enough HP then I start incriminating the RNG and my crit chance on Truck Verdict so I'm coming here asking for a sanity check ^^

Description of Playstyle: Exo > CS > J, avoiding HP capping, "high risk" rotation under AW, avoiding 2T15 early clipping, avoiding 4T15 "CS wasting", delaying ES for trinket proc when it's possible.

Thank you for reading me !
    Last edited by mmoc651178b24e; 2013-06-24 at 09:19 AM.

So I recently started raiding again...joined a H ToT guild, got up to Ilvl 514 yet still my sustained dps is in the low 100k. There are a few other rets with a bit more gear than me, but they are pushing 200k plus and I have no clue where i'm going wrong.

Alternate Specs: Never usually change from SW & ES
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kkbeard/simple
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...vc/details/17/

Playstyle: Exo, CS, Judge, fill HP and TV, inquisition is usually always up. HoW when ever possible.

Please help. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahn1800 View Post
    So I recently started raiding again...joined a H ToT guild, got up to Ilvl 514 yet still my sustained dps is in the low 100k. There are a few other rets with a bit more gear than me, but they are pushing 200k plus and I have no clue where i'm going wrong.

Alternate Specs: Never usually change from SW & ES
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kkbeard/simple
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...vc/details/17/

Playstyle: Exo, CS, Judge, fill HP and TV, inquisition is usually always up. HoW when ever possible.

Please help. Thanks for your time.
    I doubt they are sustaining 200K with a "little" more gear then you. Feather is a huge impact which you don't have. Meta/Cloak. So off top of head thats about 40k + dps right there.

You missed an entire wings in the Consorts fight I looked at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKlomp View Post
    Hello everybody, so 2 months or so playing ret and slowly progressing but I'm feeling I'm lacking of something to really perform and I'm reading on a regularly basis these forums and other internet ressources like checking top logs (I really hope one day I could master the expression editor to rapidly compare HP generator/CD usage etc. between logs :/) I need a sanity check on how I perform and especially what I should improve.

Armory Link: My armory
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I'm doing all my fights with SW and ES and sometimes I'm swapping glyphs Exo / Harsh words
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Primordius
    Dark Animus
    Iron Quon

Questions, concerns, expectations: So far I'm doing okay, this LO I coined a 541 hit sword and was hoping doing good but I feel I'm hitting a plateau, I know I'm a bit inexperienced with ret but still it's bugging me ^^. IMO I'm delaying my abilities too much, my first conclusions lead me to think that I'm missing some GCDs (got some abilities delay :/) and so far I'm generating not enough HP then I start incriminating the RNG and my crit chance on Truck Verdict so I'm coming here asking for a sanity check ^^

Description of Playstyle: Exo > CS > J, avoiding HP capping, "high risk" rotation under AW, avoiding 2T15 early clipping, avoiding 4T15 "CS wasting", delaying ES for trinket proc when it's possible.

Thank you for reading me !
    your dps on animus is fine you just need some key gear pieace swaps because tier hands suck and you have a pretty lowish ilvl at 537.

Only real suggestion is don't leave a GCD empty by hesitating to hit anything.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Thx anaxie for your answer !

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mofairy/simple

Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-thzgrmepqrf80hwq/ (Tuesday night's raid)

Questions, concerns, expectations:At my gear level now is my dps acceptable? I feel like I should be higher on meters. I don't know if it is purely gear or if it is my rotation as well. I know I can work on my raid awareness. I am still new to ToT so that will come with time. I would like to improve my dps as I am getting beaten by a rogue, warlock, and a shaman.

Description of Playstyle: I have been using the CLC Ret rotation helper and am able to follow that pretty easily. Perhaps my rotation isn't correct. Or my timing is off. For anyone familiar with the mod my rotation is: inq tv5 es how exo cs j tv3
    Last edited by Emofairy; 2013-07-03 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Formatting and more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Emofairy View Post
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mofairy/simple

Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-thzgrmepqrf80hwq/ (Tuesday night's raid)

Questions, concerns, expectations:At my gear level now is my dps acceptable? I feel like I should be higher on meters. I don't know if it is purely gear or if it is my rotation as well. I know I can work on my raid awareness. I am still new to ToT so that will come with time. I would like to improve my dps as I am getting beaten by a rogue, warlock, and a shaman.

Description of Playstyle: I have been using the CLC Ret rotation helper and am able to follow that pretty easily. Perhaps my rotation isn't correct. Or my timing is off. For anyone familiar with the mod my rotation is: inq tv5 es how exo cs j tv3
    First off reforging your gear would help and meet your expertise / hit caps. You are reforged and enchanted for hit so overcapping is entirely your fault.

Other slots with no haste whatsoever aren't reforged

Rotation appears to only be the basic without the advanced rotational changes tier and cd provides. I'd cite this but I feel like you can find that information on your own and getting the basics of gearing and reforging down is the first step you need to take before moving forward.

Walk before you run
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-05 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    First off reforging your gear would help and meet your expertise / hit caps. You are reforged and enchanted for hit so overcapping is entirely your fault.

Other slots with no haste whatsoever aren't reforged

Rotation appears to only be the basic without the advanced rotational changes tier and cd provides. I'd cite this but I feel like you can find that information on your own and getting the basics of gearing and reforging down is the first step you need to take before moving forward.

Walk before you run
    I guess I have been careless recently. I replaced a trinket and fell below the expertise cap. It hasn't been like that for long. As far as I can tell my shoulders were the only item that didn't have haste on them. I fixed that, and reforged the crit off of a ring and changed it to mastery.

As for the rotation would I be able to look that up on a Ret Pally thread here on MMO Champ? I'd really like to know the best source for information. So many people suggest different sites like EJ, Manaflask, Noxxic, Mr. Robot, etc and everyone has an opinion on which site is best.

Thanks for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aling/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8502&e=8900
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Looking to get some feedback on my priority system given the 2pc/4pc bonuses and to see what things I can be doing better. To start a fight, I go pre-pot, J (first if Exo glyphed), Exo, CS, 3 HoPo Inq, AW/GoAK (should I spread these out?), HoW -> (5TV > HoPo builder > 3TV, reapplying Inq as necessary, etc). I'm also casting ES in the opener at 9/10 stacks of Feather, then recasting on CD unless Feather is building while it's coming off CD. Where can I improve my opener?

Ret Pally Help

Hey guys. So I went through a little hiatus in wow and came back to it during 5.3. I decided to roll a pally and go ret. So needless to say I'm a little behind atm. My dps is decent... However I definitely think It can be improved. Let start by explaining how I've been gemming/gearing. I've been sticking to what I've been reading and making haste my priority and mastery in second to that (obviously hit,exp need to be capped). Now my issue is that I notice a lot of burst, jumping to 200k-250k when I pop all my cooldowns... However I drop down to 100-130k 100% of the time and never finish a fight off higher than that. My thought at this point is simply to switch my sanctified wrath talent to divine purpose to allow myself to maintain my dps and not be so reliant on my cooldowns. I figure i'll be going to back to sanctified wrath when I get my 4pc though. Also.. Any thoughts on my glyphs? I was thinking about using mass exorcism... And what is the general consensus on double jep? I've been realizing with this glyph and using seal of truth I can tab through targets build truth stacks and make use of my double jeopardy glyph.. Idk just me brainstorming... Well let me know what you think..

Heres my link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iragies/simple

Suggestion are very welcome and all help is needed!! thanks!

Double Jep is a good glyph, free dps when there's more than 2 targets and there's really not much for us when it comes to glyphs if you want a dps boost. Mass Exo is not worth taking, unless it's for certain fights where you're not going to be out of the bosses melee range for a long time. Your armory is good and you've got the basics down, your dps sounds almost where it should be for your ilvl.

I think you just need to get the hang of SW as a talent and get the maximum amount of HoWs in during AW. I would swap out your boots enchant to 175 haste and use 180 str for bracers. Ret mobility is pretty good with our talents, and PoJ does not stack with Pandaren Step.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero412 View Post
    Double Jep is a good glyph, free dps when there's more than 2 targets and there's really not much for us when it comes to glyphs if you want a dps boost. Mass Exo is not worth taking, unless it's for certain fights where you're not going to be out of the bosses melee range for a long time. Your armory is good and you've got the basics down, your dps sounds almost where it should be for your ilvl.

I think you just need to get the hang of SW as a talent and get the maximum amount of HoWs in during AW. I would swap out your boots enchant to 175 haste and use 180 str for bracers. Ret mobility is pretty good with our talents, and PoJ does not stack with Pandaren Step.
    I don't think you know what mass exo glyph does. It's worth using on add fights, or any cleave fight, and it spreads t15 2pce as well.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Nippa/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Ive had the worst luck with drops, but with the LFR wep, and 2pc i think im doing the best that i can. I know i can tighten up some things to get higher DPS. What do you guys think ? any input would help.

Hoping to get a 522 wep, and 4pc tonight. Untill then just need to upgrade a few more pcs.

NOT maybe the right thread to ask, but what would be montoyal's rotation inq tv5 how cs_n4t15 j exo tv3_4t15 cs tv3 being the bis? Used before inq tv5 how tv4aw cs tvaw j exo tv3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero412 View Post

Mass exo synergies pretty well in AoE or cleaves fights (council, tortos for bats, maybe even horridon) as you want to do exo and make sure you DS before the debuff disappears (mass exo also spreads T15 2pc). Helps us a lot with our lackluster aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Armory Link: On my sig.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qvppx57orxv2ikot/sum/damageDone/?s=5433&e=5914
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I was wondering if you guys could see any kind of opportunity that I might be missing? I feel like I don't do enough dps... Don't know why.

here's armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arendon/simple
    My concern is, I think I should do 130k and above damage like the rest of the paladins I see with worse gear than me, However, I get mixed results. My average score is 80k-95k dps, it goes 120k fully buffed with all cds popped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    here's armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arendon/simple
    My concern is, I think I should do 130k and above damage like the rest of the paladins I see with worse gear than me, However, I get mixed results. My average score is 80k-95k dps, it goes 120k fully buffed with all cds popped.
    You are way below the expertise cap. Need 7.5% and hit as well.

Ditch that necklace and buy the Shado pan neutral one.

You are an engineer. Use the gloves enchant!

Do str enchants were possible (wrists and gloves)

That's all I see.

help

Just thought that I'd post and see what I can to do improve my dps. Any and all suggestions/help is appreciated.

World of Logs at ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3u7z8eio1kyzflwi/details/6/
    and ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ri8k0hky93ahpbjv/details/1/

WoW armoury is us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Rychussyn/simple

Thank you. had to leave out www to post

Quote Originally Posted by starfox666 View Post
    Just thought that I'd post and see what I can to do improve my dps. Any and all suggestions/help is appreciated.

World of Logs at ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3u7z8eio1kyzflwi/details/6/
    and ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ri8k0hky93ahpbjv/details/1/

WoW armoury is us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Rychussyn/simple

Thank you. had to leave out www to post

Your gearing looks good. After I got over the hit cap (like you are) I started gemming haste/Stam.

Sup guys, first ret raid. I'm undergeared compared to the rest of the raid but I'm still looking to correct some errors that might be standing out.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Abunazir/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Worldoflogs Link:
    jinrok 10h
    horridon 10h
    council 10h
    tortos 10h
    megryan 10h
    ji kun 10h
    Questions, concerns, expectations: no immediate questions, just looking for obvious advice in reference to my WoL.
    Description of Playstyle: prepot -> open with judge -> exo -> CS -> (3HP) inquisition -> judge -> cs/exo (if it procs) -> (2HP)AW -> HoW -> TV -> HoW -> CS -> hoW -> Exo -> HoW.

I only go to 5HP if Exo procs after a HoW that reaches 3HP. I'm pretty sure I have it down, I'm trying to time my Exorcism buffs from the 2pc appropriately to almost always have the increased holy damage buff.

Just by looking at my logs I know my Inquisition buff isn't where it should be in terms of uptime, I'm shooting for 90% or higher, that 10% only existing when I have to move or do other things like saving the raid or helping out with utility.

Any help is appreciated!