Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Atleast when u get 3 hp for inq, just start with aw and goak same time, u get the how instant and crusa is ready also, so its just how cs how tv repeat. No need after inq to get 2 hp.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    Sup guys, first ret raid. I'm undergeared compared to the rest of the raid but I'm still looking to correct some errors that might be standing out.

    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Abunazir/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Worldoflogs Link:
    jinrok 10h
    horridon 10h
    council 10h
    tortos 10h
    megryan 10h
    ji kun 10h
    Questions, concerns, expectations: no immediate questions, just looking for obvious advice in reference to my WoL.
    Description of Playstyle: prepot -> open with judge -> exo -> CS -> (3HP) inquisition -> judge -> cs/exo (if it procs) -> (2HP)AW -> HoW -> TV -> HoW -> CS -> hoW -> Exo -> HoW.

    I only go to 5HP if Exo procs after a HoW that reaches 3HP. I'm pretty sure I have it down, I'm trying to time my Exorcism buffs from the 2pc appropriately to almost always have the increased holy damage buff.

    Just by looking at my logs I know my Inquisition buff isn't where it should be in terms of uptime, I'm shooting for 90% or higher, that 10% only existing when I have to move or do other things like saving the raid or helping out with utility.

    Any help is appreciated!
    Meg Ryan doesn't even know she's become a character in WoW.. =))

    More to the point:
    1. Gemming issues: you're currently 1310 over hit cap and you're still gemming hit+haste gems for 60crit bonus? That's a no-no. Gem haste+stam where you have 80+Str or Mastery, else 320Str. Not even 60Str is worth it, IMHO. Reforge properly. With the above changes you'd get 835 haste and still have 510 hit over cap..
    2. Upgrade your gear and reforge again accordingly, currently it's not optimal.
    3. Replace Glyph of Divine Storm with Glyph of Mass Exorcism.

    Fights:
    1. Jinrokh - extremely bad luck: Feathers procced only one and that only time it finished before the first burst phase, you had Zandalari Warrior only once and that after the first burst phase... Still, I don't see any damage from Execution Sentence?? Get more Inquisition uptime.
    2. Horridon - get more Inquisition uptime, considering you're mostly on boss duty. Again, no Execution Sentence. You had better procs this time, longer fight, though.

    etc.

  3. #403
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,971
    I recently dusted off my Ret spec because our Bear tank wants to solo tank Durumu (the fact he puts out 150k+ DPS not withstanding lol). I haven't really touched Ret since I dinged 90, and my Ret iLevel is currently 501. Our Durumu kill (first one, yay us) last night I was sitting around 110K DPS, under our epic cloak geared Shadow Priest and the Bear Tank, which I think is about where I should be at my gear according to SimC anyways.

    Here are the logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yt...?s=5952&e=6368

    Basically I'm just curious if there's anything I'm not doing or using incorrectly, but as I said I think I'm just around where I need to be DPS-wise with my current gear so it's more of a "Am I doing anything totally stupid" than "My DPS is low halp" kind of thing. I ran with Sanctified Wrath and Execution Sentence which I was using on cooldown, following this priority from Elitist Jerks:

    Inq > 5HP TV > ES > HoW > CS > Judge > Exo > 3-4HP TV (> SS)

    Note that I did stand in front of the boss during the yellow beams along with our Frost DK (who seems abysmally low with under 75K DPS when he has 20 iLevels higher than me) to help soak it for our Bear who wasn't able to live through it when he was doing it solo, so I probably had some attacks parried that shouldn't have been, but otherwise I was always behind the boss. I was using Avenging Wrath on cooldown, but sadly I had run out of potions for that attempt so didn't pre-pot
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator


  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I recently dusted off my Ret spec because our Bear tank wants to solo tank Durumu (the fact he puts out 150k+ DPS not withstanding lol). I haven't really touched Ret since I dinged 90, and my Ret iLevel is currently 501. Our Durumu kill (first one, yay us) last night I was sitting around 110K DPS, under our epic cloak geared Shadow Priest and the Bear Tank, which I think is about where I should be at my gear according to SimC anyways.

    Here are the logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yt...?s=5952&e=6368

    Basically I'm just curious if there's anything I'm not doing or using incorrectly, but as I said I think I'm just around where I need to be DPS-wise with my current gear so it's more of a "Am I doing anything totally stupid" than "My DPS is low halp" kind of thing. I ran with Sanctified Wrath and Execution Sentence which I was using on cooldown, following this priority from Elitist Jerks:

    Inq > 5HP TV > ES > HoW > CS > Judge > Exo > 3-4HP TV (> SS)

    Note that I did stand in front of the boss during the yellow beams along with our Frost DK (who seems abysmally low with under 75K DPS when he has 20 iLevels higher than me) to help soak it for our Bear who wasn't able to live through it when he was doing it solo, so I probably had some attacks parried that shouldn't have been, but otherwise I was always behind the boss. I was using Avenging Wrath on cooldown, but sadly I had run out of potions for that attempt so didn't pre-pot
    You have feathers, if you see it proc and ES is about to be up, or is up, use it with the 10stacks of feathers.
    You should have delayed your 2nd guardian to align it with your 4th SW.
    Spec double jeopardy for when you judge adds, and if the add is close enough, you can even DS to hit both the boss and add, but you were on yellow, so...
    Sadly you didn't have potion, otherwise, you would have prepot, and 2nd pot with your 2nd guardian+SW is a great boost.
    INQ uptime is good, dancing steel is better than windsong but I'd figure you just didn't invest because you just dusted your ret spec.

    I don't see what weapon you have, but you don't have metagem nor legendary cloak (obviously) so If you have something like a 502sword, it sounds about where you should be, and a tiny bit higher with a 522 (I'd venture 130k with 522 weap+potions and those corrections)

  5. #405
    Mechagnome Colmadero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    515
    Reposting as I was ignored =/

    Armory Link: On my sig.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=5433&e=5914
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I was wondering if you guys could see any kind of opportunity that I might be missing? I feel like I don't do enough dps... Don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

  6. #406
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    You have feathers, if you see it proc and ES is about to be up, or is up, use it with the 10stacks of feathers.
    You should have delayed your 2nd guardian to align it with your 4th SW.
    Spec double jeopardy for when you judge adds, and if the add is close enough, you can even DS to hit both the boss and add, but you were on yellow, so...
    Sadly you didn't have potion, otherwise, you would have prepot, and 2nd pot with your 2nd guardian+SW is a great boost.
    INQ uptime is good, dancing steel is better than windsong but I'd figure you just didn't invest because you just dusted your ret spec.

    I don't see what weapon you have, but you don't have metagem nor legendary cloak (obviously) so If you have something like a 502sword, it sounds about where you should be, and a tiny bit higher with a 522 (I'd venture 130k with 522 weap+potions and those corrections)
    I have a 502 LFR Greatsword of Frozen Hells. Thanks for that other tips about lining things up, will definitely keep that in mind Pretty much using Windsong because Dancing Steel is 3k+ on my server so it's not worth it for me right now (I'm Prot for every other fight thus far) to do more than the basics for my Ret gear as Durumu is the only fight I use it for; everything else including dailies are as Prot.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator


  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Reposting as I was ignored =/

    Armory Link: On my sig.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=5433&e=5914
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I was wondering if you guys could see any kind of opportunity that I might be missing? I feel like I don't do enough dps... Don't know why.
    Maybe because the only thing wrong is your gear.
    Wrong off-set (should be gloves - either one), 2nd trinket = shadopan talisman would be better by such a far margin. You have the hit sword and pretty low haste given your ilvl. Gameplay seems fine other than not timing ES with the full 10stacks of feather.

    Other than that, durumu specifics tips are the same as above. glyph DJeopardy, stack censure on adds, DS if add is close enough of the huge bosses' hitbox.
    and if you think you are not dpsing enough because you didn't rank depsite being top dps in your guild, it's juste because loads of people have heroic gear and kill durumu normal too.

    So.. tl;dr, get more gear and better itemized pieces and you will get the dps increase you hope for. But this is just loot rng, not a problem with your gameplay

  8. #408
    Dammit its like Dodgeball all over again, i was skipped

    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Nippa/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rsgjis9nfg88swcn/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-obdtp5qlqkavsv1s/

    Questions, concerns, expectations: Ive had the worst luck with drops, but with the LFR wep, and 2pc i think im doing the best that i can. I know i can tighten up some things to get higher DPS. What do you guys think ? any input would help. Let me know what i can do better, i feel that i should be doing more DPS.

    Thanks in advance.

    Hoping to get a 522 wep, and 4pc tonight. Untill then just need to upgrade a few more pcs.

  9. #409
    Mechagnome Colmadero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Maybe because the only thing wrong is your gear.
    Wrong off-set (should be gloves - either one), 2nd trinket = shadopan talisman would be better by such a far margin. You have the hit sword and pretty low haste given your ilvl. Gameplay seems fine other than not timing ES with the full 10stacks of feather.

    Other than that, durumu specifics tips are the same as above. glyph DJeopardy, stack censure on adds, DS if add is close enough of the huge bosses' hitbox.
    and if you think you are not dpsing enough because you didn't rank depsite being top dps in your guild, it's juste because loads of people have heroic gear and kill durumu normal too.

    So.. tl;dr, get more gear and better itemized pieces and you will get the dps increase you hope for. But this is just loot rng, not a problem with your gameplay
    Thanks for the input. My other trinket is a Spark but according to the other thread, that trinket is better for us (which I still don't feel comfortable with) so that's why I have it equipped. I haven't had luck with tier helmet nor gloves so that's why I don't have those.
    Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

  10. #410
    Rest assured shadopan talisman is better than both primordius rage and spark, even in their 522 form. It is a solid investment

  11. #411
    hi guys i need some help my dps

    - - - Updated - - -

    ill make another post sorry new to the forum

    - - - Updated - - -

    sorry wont let me post links i need still i have to make more posts im really sorry about the spam, i think maybe admins or mods should change that :/

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Rest assured shadopan talisman is better than both primordius rage and spark, even in their 522 form. It is a solid investment
    Shado pan trinket is fairly worse than both primordius and spark. Primordius being better at higher haste lvls than spark.

  13. #413
    Hello there, I really need help with my dps i have tried many things and i dont know whats wrong i have asked many people for help ive tried many different things i know my rotation i have read all the guides i can i have looked at videos and its all the same i have even tried changing my playing style a bit and everything still the same i have no idea whats wrong ill link my armory page and world of logs for you guys to take a look at, basically my problem is i dont know why my dps sucks and i dont know how i can fix it

    World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9yigj45f44cvaowc/

    WoW armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Osram/simple

    Raid bot: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/frostmourne/osram/

    sorry had to break the links up

    Thank you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    no one can help??
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-30 at 01:07 PM.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Susasusa View Post
    Shado pan trinket is fairly worse than both primordius and spark. Primordius being better at higher haste lvls than spark.
    522/502 feather>>522shadopan talisman>522spark>522primo>502trinkets.
    because you get talisman on pull, and every 75sec, fairly easy to burst with CDs/ES, spark 522 is at haste ranges where you need to get lucky to have N-1 procs (N being procs from shadopan), and because Nprimo's proc is just a meh weapon enchant, and in N stuff, your haste won't get you those 65% uptime needed to compete.

    On heroic versions, it's much more shady/preference. but on normal it's simple and clear

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    522/502 feather>>522shadopan talisman>522spark>522primo>502trinkets.
    because you get talisman on pull, and every 75sec, fairly easy to burst with CDs/ES, spark 522 is at haste ranges where you need to get lucky to have N-1 procs (N being procs from shadopan), and because Nprimo's proc is just a meh weapon enchant, and in N stuff, your haste won't get you those 65% uptime needed to compete.

    On heroic versions, it's much more shady/preference. but on normal it's simple and clear
    Im sorry, but its been theorycrafted countless times and proven that both spark and primordius are better than shado pan trinket on 522. After the initial proc on pull u wont have it line up with cds, the proc is shorter than spark which takes less time to proc 2nd time (less than 75 sec unless u are very unlucky). The exp on it is mostly wasted at avg 522 ilvl compared to spark. only thing going for shado pan is knowing exactly when its gonna roc but again its usually when u have nothing to pop with it. Even simming the trinkets shows that shado pan is way below the other 2, only better than twins trinket. Also u usually use ES on 10th stack of feather which is 19-20 sec at that time u wont have shado pan active unless it didnt proc on 1st hit.

  16. #416
    Because you can't manage your procs and rely solely on sims to tell you wich trinket is better doesn't mean it's right..

    Using ES on pull with 8k8 STR + feather @8stack instead of 10 is better... aligning ES/SW with shadopan is easy. And even with 540+ilvl, an <60sec between spark procs is rare and a lucky thing.

    Aligning your CDs and knowing the lenght of the fight via timetodie/experience in order to do it without losing full uses might be difficult for you, but it isn't. And show me various logs where you get spark on every SW, all night long, as well as 2-3stacks of primo for each SW too. Then they should be better in their 522 versions..

    And no, the expertise isn't wasted at all unless you have Bo'ris, and is equal to a mastery gain wich is great.
    Please link me the threads/blogs proving shadopan is useless and I might give it a thought.

  17. #417
    OK why dont all the good rets use shado pan trinket vs spark and primo? Lets ignore my skill, and have a look at the 200page ret theorycraft thread for ur answer before u spread wrong info. In fact ask this question there and see where that gets u. Thanks

  18. #418
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    759
    All the "good" rets don't use it because all the "good" rets are in heroic modes getting heroic spark/primo trinkets which are both better. Like Meta said 522 VP trinket is better then every other trinket of the SAME ilvl or lower except Feather.

  19. #419
    Again ask that in the theorycraft thread please, im done here. Use what ever u want. I stand by what i said about which is better, you can get your answer there. And i didnt mean all the good rets this far in the tier, i ment while they were gearing, shado pan was replaced by either of the 2 trinkets asap.

  20. #420
    Blademaster Cowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Halifax, N.S.
    Posts
    28
    Just started playing ret in a new guild, after tanking for the last two expansions. Ive found that i can compete with our 535+ geared rogues/warriors/mages off the pull with GoAK/Wings etc popped but after a few minutes into the fight average out between 100-120k dps depending on the fight. Any pointers or tips based on my gear/logs would be appreciated.

    *Dark Animus kill should probably be excluded due to dying about 25 seconds in to matter swap/explosive slam in the face.

    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Thror/advanced
    Logs for Guild: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/196388/
    July 28th/29th are best days to look at. The other logs i may not be included.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •