Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, bud, at 17000 Haste (give or take) you can start getting Mastery.

You can also gem for Expertise / Haste or Mastery instead of those Str / Haste or Mastery gems. Then you can use all those reforges to Expertise and put them to Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novandora View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndora/advanced
    World Of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=5256&e=5598

So yeah I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. Back in 5.2 I would do equal dps with our hunter Donnachaidh, and now I'm hardly doing anywhere close to that. I know all the stat priorities, reforges, cooldown macros, etc. I do use AskMrRobot for reforges, so I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I don't have the legendary cape or 4 pc, but neither of those are by any standards a huge dps improvement to single-target fights (so I've been told).

If there's anything that I'm doing wrong I would much appreciate it, thanks!
    First off get rid of that horrible glyph of immediate truth that's a good dps loss there , secondly your trinkets are not the best alacrity of xuen is horrible for ret , it may have a 535 item lvl but i remember somebody doing the math and it was hardly better than lei shen's final orders .

You are gemming for hit and you are at 10.52% that's almost 1000 extra rating .
    You also have 2 gathering professions these will net you no dps at all
    I see that 3 days ago you looted the lightning lance so your not far on your legendary quest but complete that asap, the legendary meta gem (your next reward in the chain) makes a good difference in dps.

8 pieces of you gear you haven't upgraded with valor at all , your hunter friend has far less he has to upgrade.

The hunter also out gears you plain and simple a difference of 12 ilvl. He has a warforged weapon so your at a disadvantage right away there, he has the legendary meta and the legendary cloak .

This is what I see by just looking at your armoury , I didn't even look at your logs.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention all that 535 timeless stuff is usually horribly itemized , usually lacking sockets , higher ilvl isn't always better ,
    your running 2p T16 , you should be running 4pt15 until you have 4p t16. so if you had those and changed them up for timeless 535 gear that's a dps loss right there as well.
    Last edited by Zabannith; 2013-10-20 at 02:23 AM.
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ZABANNITH View Post
    First off get rid of that horrible glyph of immediate truth that's a good dps loss there , secondly your trinkets are not the best alacrity of xuen is horrible for ret , it may have a 535 item lvl but i remember somebody doing the math and it was hardly better than lei shen's final orders .
    The glyph's tooltip hasn't been updated to the one that extends the length of Inquisition when get you get a killing blow. It's not bad on fights that have adds. I made the same mistake of reading the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    The glyph's tooltip hasn't been updated to the one that extends the length of Inquisition when get you get a killing blow. It's not bad on fights that have adds. I made the same mistake of reading the tooltip.
    Ahh , I wasn't aware.
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

No he's quite correct, the Inq one tooltip is the increased duration, but decreased DPS gain. The Seal Tooltip is still correct, and is still a horrid glyph, it is a DPS loss after 5 seconds of combat.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iable/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wo0zim0c6goetopx/ First 4 bosses.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/87avemwf19f3klkj/ Nazgrim and a ton of Malkorok wipes.

I'm doing decently but I'm not really satisfied with where I am compared to my guildmates. Especially with another melee being trialed next week. How is my reforging? I've heard of a soft haste cap but I can't find any solid math on it. Can I be doing anything better? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    No he's quite correct, the Inq one tooltip is the increased duration, but decreased DPS gain. The Seal Tooltip is still correct, and is still a horrid glyph, it is a DPS loss after 5 seconds of combat.
    You're wrong.

From my glyphs in-game: Inquisition (Retribution): When you land a killing blow on an opponent that yields experience or honor, the duration of your Inquisition is increased by 30 sec.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the tooltip in the armory and then log into the game and check the tooltip. It hasn't been updated in the armory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iable/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wo0zim0c6goetopx/ First 4 bosses.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/87avemwf19f3klkj/ Nazgrim and a ton of Malkorok wipes.

I'm doing decently but I'm not really satisfied with where I am compared to my guildmates. Especially with another melee being trialed next week. How is my reforging? I've heard of a soft haste cap but I can't find any solid math on it. Can I be doing anything better? Thanks.

As for the haste soft cap. It's around 17000 haste (40% unbuffed). You're not there yet, so I wouldn't really worry about it currently.
    Your reforging, gemming and enchanting seem pretty good. Make sure to put (and use) Synapse Springs on your gloves. Macro it in with ES/LH.
    You could get away with putting Haste on your boots if you don't need the run speed. If you always run with Speed of Light you might want to keep Pandaren's Step though. It's personal preference.
    I'm not sure Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman is that great. If you have Thok's, I suggest using that.

hello guys , first of all i want to say that i already posted in Anaxie's post but too many pages to read and seems that my question got forgotten! lol
    well here is it , i was wearing 4piece T15 normal , but suddenly i got luck and a lot of plate dps gear droped for me so i decided to drop my bonus set for the off set gear from SoO , i know in"theory" its a dps loss cause the all Holy dmg TV are awesome and i know it but i would like to know if with the gear i got still a loss or should i switch back to 4pT15 ? , also does anyone knows the "Rating" on the plate dps trinkets? like which one is better to use instead of something else.?
    cheers !

here is my armory!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aintusk/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Shynoz
    Here's the trinket rating list from Anaxie's thread. http://i.imgur.com/1hPv28a.png
    In general it's a rule of thumb to exchange 4p t15 for 4p t16.
    The only way you could find out for you specifically is to run sims with 4p t15 and again with the gear you currently have equipped. But most would agree that running offset pieces over tier is a dps loss , lots of people have done the math, there's a reason why people are saying this.
    Last edited by Zabannith; 2013-10-20 at 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

You're wrong.

From my glyphs in-game: Inquisition (Retribution): When you land a killing blow on an opponent that yields experience or honor, the duration of your Inquisition is increased by 30 sec.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the tooltip in the armory and then log into the game and check the tooltip. It hasn't been updated in the armory.
    Person in question's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndora/advanced
    My armory using the Inq Glyph: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nares/advanced

He's using the Seal of Truth glyph, which, as I previous said: IS A DPS LOSS. It has not been updated or changed, it's still horrible.

Just for curiosity's sake, I wouldn't mind a little constructive criticism. I'm a first time poster so it won't allow me to post a link but my name is Wazy on the Korgath server, Tauren Ret pally.

I'm typically higher up on the dps charts for my guild, but any insight would be appreciated. I suppose the main reason I'm asking this is because of my haste being 15057, which is under the 17000 soft cap. What I don't understand though, is that currently when buffed my haste rating is slightly below 49%. Now, being 1% off the 50% GCD cap, I don't entirely understand the need for 17000 haste which puts me, when fully buffed, to about 55% I think it was. Any clarification would be appreciated. (Besides, once I get my Thok trinket, my haste will increase anyway.)

Back to my guy, yes I have mining and I really don't feel like ever raising another profession. And yes, I have Pandaren Step instead of the haste enchant, I prefer it. I also switch between ES and HoL depending on the fight and if our healers feel they could use a little help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Shynoz
    Here's the trinket rating list from Anaxie's thread. http://i.imgur.com/1hPv28a.png
    In general it's a rule of thumb to exchange 4p t15 for 4p t16.
    The only way you could find out for you specifically is to run sims with 4p t15 and again with the gear you currently have equipped. But most would agree that running offset pieces over tier is a dps loss , lots of people have done the math, there's a reason why people are saying this.
    Thanks a lot! ,honestly i never knew how to run Sims lol dont even know which program to use lol , but thanks a lot indeed , i think i will grab my 4pt15 from bank and use it again . i miss those huge TV crits! lol i remember criting h Horridon for 1m two times !

Quote Originally Posted by Wazy View Post
    Just for curiosity's sake, I wouldn't mind a little constructive criticism. I'm a first time poster so it won't allow me to post a link but my name is Wazy on the Korgath server, Tauren Ret pally.

I'm typically higher up on the dps charts for my guild, but any insight would be appreciated. I suppose the main reason I'm asking this is because of my haste being 15057, which is under the 17000 soft cap. What I don't understand though, is that currently when buffed my haste rating is slightly below 49%. Now, being 1% off the 50% GCD cap, I don't entirely understand the need for 17000 haste which puts me, when fully buffed, to about 55% I think it was. Any clarification would be appreciated. (Besides, once I get my Thok trinket, my haste will increase anyway.)

Back to my guy, yes I have mining and I really don't feel like ever raising another profession. And yes, I have Pandaren Step instead of the haste enchant, I prefer it. I also switch between ES and HoL depending on the fight and if our healers feel they could use a little help.

10% melee attack speed is not haste, bro.

There's just something about the theory that I'm missing, I'm probably just having a derp moment and not connecting the dots that are right in front of me. If it doesn't affect the GCD, why do we stop at 40% haste and not shoot for 50%? Is it simply that the stat weights prioritize mastery over haste at that point?

Edit: Or is it that we're expecting the DP procs to fills up those GCD holes?
    Last edited by Wazy; 2013-10-21 at 02:14 AM.

There's just something about the theory that I'm missing, I'm probably just having a derp moment and not connecting the dots that are right in front of me. If it doesn't affect the GCD, why do we stop at 40% haste and not shoot for 50%? Is it simply that the stat weights prioritize mastery over haste at that point?

Edit: Or is it that we're expecting the DP procs to fills up those GCD holes?
    As you're supposed to aim for mastery at 17k haste regardless of 4PC T16, I highly doubt it has anything to do with DP procs filling GCDs. It's a stat priority shift, where haste becomes less useful at that break point.

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if it was simply mastery overtaking haste in stat weights or something else, probably just over-complicating it for myself. I just did a little digging and found Anaxie saying this in another thread:

" DP + 4 set = alot of mastery damage. 40% haste and 2 procs = GCD locked"

Hey, maybe I had a good idea

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if it was simply mastery overtaking haste in stat weights or something else, probably just over-complicating it for myself. I just did a little digging and found Anaxie saying this in another thread:

" DP + 4 set = alot of mastery damage. 40% haste and 2 procs = GCD locked"

Hey, maybe I had a good idea
    You will notice with 40% Haste that you rarely have free globals. While Haste is still very good above 17000, Mastery gets very good also. Your T16 4pc also scales very well with Mastery. On multiple targets it gets even better.

You will notice with 40% Haste that you rarely have free globals. While Haste is still very good above 17000, Mastery gets very good also. Your T16 4pc also scales very well with Mastery. On multiple targets it gets even better.
    Thanks. I had understood that we went to 40% and that afterwards we went mastery as it scales well, but not WHY so to speak. For whatever reason I had it in my head that capping the GCD was priority, just needed to make sense of it for myself.

Deleted
    Hello please could you tell me if trinket from paragons is good as mrrobot says? According to his simming its huge increase (greater then Thok trinket). So I'm not sure if I should roll on Thok to get trinket from him or stick to this one. Just question why is this trinket simmed so high?

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...meria/advanced

Thanks in advance!

AMR currently has Skeer proccing Strength rather than Crit for their calculations. The devs at AMR have posted that they are re-evaluating their scoring of the trinkets. I believe that they have been made aware that general theorycrafting supports Thok > Galrakas > Skeer at this time.