Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rkrus/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=8727&e=9081

Just wanting to know if there is anything on her armory or her damage break down that can increase her Garrosh damage. Any tips are welcome, thank you!
    She could enchant her shoulders and use the second Serpent's Eye for one thing

It some how doesn't surprise me, okay other than THAT is there anything?
    Another question are JC gems better to use the pure STR or use a secondary stat? Because I know for ele we would use an INT gem instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I need a few people to take a gander at my ret numbers. Now before I post my armory and logs, please note this is my OS and I cannot do anything about the tank pieces I currently have, or the trinket I am currently using at this time. So take into account I do not need to be told my gear should look better, I figured that out. What I am trying to accomplish is to maximize what I have available to me. So without further notes...

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riefx/advanced

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5x...yze/dd/source/

Feel free to sift through a few attempts. Although the attempts going into phase 2 and further are more accurate because of phase 1 number bloating.

I could use some help here guys, from a gear progression standpoing. Right now, according to AskMrRobot, my best set up is what I have on in my armory -- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mdash/advanced

My Ordos neck is prot because of the old loot-spec fail. I have a couple other relevant items I'll mention, both Bloodclaw Band (548) and Fusion-Fire Core (559), the latter of which I use on AOE pulls and add fights.

My question is mostly about these items, which are currently in my bags -- Rossi's Rosin-Soaked Shoulderplates, and Magdalena's Murderous Crown, both 559 but I do have the valor to go to 567. I also just got a flex token for shoulders, so the 536 tier shoulder I have could be 548 if it's the best option.

Can someone help me untangle this? Is the 4-piece good enough to just bench the two warforged? Is 4-piece really better even with the LFR shoulder, let alone the flex?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Is 4-piece really better even with the LFR shoulder, let alone the flex?
    Yes the 4-pc is big enough that you should never drop it. Even if that means using flex tier instead of heroic off-pieces.
    Your current setup using the Ordos? legs as your off piece won't get any better until you are able to get Normal+ tier legs (normal paragons).
    To talk about your trinket usage a little bit, the TTT and EEoG are both very strong and I would suggest only swapping in your Fusion-Fire Core for galakras and maybbbe spoils. The issue with that trinket is that it's "cleave" affect does not hit your current target, which makes it horrible for any fight that there isn't adds up 95%+ of the time. Even on Galakras the trinket may technically help your numbers but it's really just fluff dps and not effective.
    Also, I would go ahead and swap in your 548 bloodclaw band in place of your LFR Devilfang band.

- - - Updated - - -

It some how doesn't surprise me, okay other than THAT is there anything?
    Another question are JC gems better to use the pure STR or use a secondary stat? Because I know for ele we would use an INT gem instead.
    For jewelcrafters it is better to use the straight +320 str gem as your JC gem

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanting to know if there is anything on her armory or her damage break down that can increase her Garrosh damage. Any tips are welcome, thank you!
    Just looking at armory- they are at 41% haste which is a tiny bit over optimal but really very minimal. Swapping the JC gem to strength will even it out nicely.
    They are using heroic shoulders that are hit-mastery. This is a horrible choice for an off piece. They should either use the gloves off immers (HWF even better), the shoulders off protectors (HWF) or the legs off garrosh as an off piece. This setup not only is sub-optimal for haste/mastery maxing but also gives him 1.4% extra hit that goes completely to waste.

Also looking at glyphs she is using on the fight (assuming her armory is accurate to her garrosh setup) she should drop glyph of DS and pick up glyph of mass exo. In p1 and transition 1 glyph of exo is a straight dps increase. While using an EEoG in combo with Unbreakable Spirit gives ret a crazy amount of personals anyway, so the tiny healing from glyph of DS isn't really needed anyway.

To look at WoL and fish around a little bit a few things strike me:
    -only 96.6% Inq uptime. This may 'seem' minor but an 100% uptime would give a nice dps and is a very simple fix.
    -this is not related to dps, but she should be using Divine Protection during every desecrate and whirling corruption to help heals.
    -the MAJOR dps downfall in this log you linked me in her cooldown usage. In a 5:54 log shes uses...
    Avenging wrath 3 times, when in that timespan it COULD be used 5 times
    Guardian of Ancient Kings 3 times, when in that timespan it COULD be used 4 times
    On the same note, 1 of the 3 GoAk appears to be at the very end of a transition, which is terribly sub-optimal as being phased from the intermission back to garrosh's room despawns the Guardian and completely wastes the cooldown.
    Tl;dr use both your cooldown's on cooldown almost all the time, don't be afraid to pop them in intermissions, but make sure enough time is left so that no time on them are wasted
    Last edited by Smitus; 2014-02-26 at 04:05 PM.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

How much Haste should we aiming for before it becomes not worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    How much Haste should we aiming for before it becomes not worth it?
    Provided you have the T16 4pc, 17k Haste (40%) will give you an extra HoW during Wings and effectively leave you with almost 0 empty GCDs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    To look at WoL and fish around a little bit a few things strike me:
    -only 96.6% Inq uptime. This may 'seem' minor but an 100% uptime would give a nice dps and is a very simple fix.
    It's actually physically not possible to have a 100% uptime on Inq unless you're putting it up before combat even starts.

- - - Updated - - -

A small note, but one not easily fixed with his current gear setup, is he's reforging INTO expertise. His red sockets SHOULD be expertise/mastery, however he still does need to maintain 17k haste preferably, which with the current gear he has equipped, not possible. Perhaps he has some other lower ilvl, but better itemized pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    It's actually physically not possible to have a 100% uptime on Inq unless you're putting it up before combat even starts.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=131665/...-holy-4p-bonus
    The Holy PvP 4pc of this expansion gives you 1hp for each flash of light. Just swap it out for ret gear before pull and stack up 5hp. Make sure if you have any ICD's (engineering gloves) that you use the 4pc excluding gloves so it doesn't reset the ICD when you swap gear.

Just make sure you are SUPER CAREFUL with this as if you mess up and don't re equip your regular gear in time you could be caught with the holy 4pc stuck on all fight.

Just make sure you are SUPER CAREFUL with this as if you mess up and don't re equip your regular gear in time you could be caught with the holy 4pc stuck on all fight.
    Back in Cataclysm, our mage got caught out with his gear swapping macro not doing what it should more times than I can remember

Would you recommend Crusader Strike over Judgment due to the lower CD hence CS then Judgment and so on?
    The problem is that if you aren't hitting CS every time it's up and building your rotation around that 6 second cooldown, you're losing out on HP generation. CS always comes first, even before TV (unless you're at 5 HP).

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=131665/...-holy-4p-bonus
    The Holy PvP 4pc of this expansion gives you 1hp for each flash of light. Just swap it out for ret gear before pull and stack up 5hp.
    This is dicey at best simply because even the built-in Blizzard gear swap doesn't always work. Plus, why do I have to grind out PVP gear to have what should essentially be a built-in ability to start the fight with enough HP to Inq?

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    The problem is that if you aren't hitting CS every time it's up and building your rotation around that 6 second cooldown, you're losing out on HP generation. CS always comes first, even before TV (unless you're at 5 HP).

This is dicey at best simply because even the built-in Blizzard gear swap doesn't always work. Plus, why do I have to grind out PVP gear to have what should essentially be a built-in ability to start the fight with enough HP to Inq?
    Because if you care about min-maxing your dps, you will do everything to take advantage of your class mechanics?

You get the same set bonus from the stuff a blacksmith can craft from a couple of ghost iron bars.

As Butler said, you can black a blacksmith crafted set of 476 blue pvp gear for the same bonus on the AH. Don't have to grind anything.

Also I've had no problems with the blizzard gear swap, and as our guild does a 10 countdown via BW/DBM I would have to not be looking at my screen to leave my pvp gear on

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright...my guild is starting on heroics, so I'm definitely looking to kick my gameplay up to the next level, so to speak.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aakan/advanced

I'm using this rotation (inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp tv5 tvdp_2s how ds_4t16_aw tvaw cs j ds_4t16 tvdp exo tv3 ) in CLC info and I'm currently using Divine Purpose as I seem to be getting better numbers even on single target fights.

Unfortunately, I have no WoL parses available as for whatever reason, my guild has stopped reporting.

So, if anyone can give me a basic analysis based upon my gemming and reforging as indicated on my armory report, I'd appreciate any advice.

By the way, I have a Normal Polearm (off of Thok), but I'm using the sword because it's warforged...should I switch back to the pike or keep things as they are until I get either a warforged or heroic polearm?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragshot View Post
    Alright...my guild is starting on heroics, so I'm definitely looking to kick my gameplay up to the next level, so to speak.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aakan/advanced

I'm using this rotation (inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp tv5 tvdp_2s how ds_4t16_aw tvaw cs j ds_4t16 tvdp exo tv3 ) in CLC info and I'm currently using Divine Purpose as I seem to be getting better numbers even on single target fights.

Unfortunately, I have no WoL parses available as for whatever reason, my guild has stopped reporting.

So, if anyone can give me a basic analysis based upon my gemming and reforging as indicated on my armory report, I'd appreciate any advice.

By the way, I have a Normal Polearm (off of Thok), but I'm using the sword because it's warforged...should I switch back to the pike or keep things as they are until I get either a warforged or heroic polearm?

Thanks in advance.
    - You should use the WF sword. The sword on equal footing (HC v HC or NWF v NWF) would be better for you either way since you're a human.
    - Without looking into too much detail you have your gemming and reforging done incorrectly as highlighted:
    In both your legs and belt you have haste/stam gems where you COULD have haste/hit gems. With this extra hit you could reforge out of hit other places on your gear (gloves look juicy for some mastery).
    You currently have 18057 haste (42.49%) but it would be a dps gain to switch ~1000 of that into mastery via gems or reforges.
    You have 8.53% Expertise and only need 7.50%. It looks like you put your character into some reforge addon that aimed at the 2550 mark (hit cap for humans NOT using a sword/mace) but since you're using a sword you can afford to drop that 1% expertise, most likely by dropping some number of exp/haste or exp/mast gems into str/haste or str/mast, respectively.
    - You should change around your glyphs. How I set my glyphs up for SoO is using Glyph of TV every fight, with a mixture of glyph of mass Exo, Glyph of double jeopardy, and glyph of inquisition for the other two spots.
    I would guess it would be worthwhile to reforge your cloak from crit->exp and lose even more exp gems out for str gems.

I don't use CLC ret but I can tell you 100% that SW is far superior to DP on single target fights and for like 12/14 of the fights in SoO.
    Last edited by Smitus; 2014-02-27 at 08:07 PM.

Convert all physical dmg to holy.

Profit.

Okay, awesome. Thank you.

Okay, awesome. Thank you.
    but seriously, buy rare Holy pvp set, low investement for using cds in pull With Max power,

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../azeryx/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: See my armory.
    Worldoflogs Link: N/a. I can edit one in tomorrow, going to bed now though.
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm 511 item level. Why am I pulling 67k DPS on dummies?
    Description of Playstyle: Using Divine Purpose. I follow a haste build and using the rotation I got from www.icy-veins.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticAzeryx View Post
    Using Divine Purpose.
    Found your problem

edit: you are missing 7 enchants out the possible 9 you could have, and 1 of the 2 you have is wrong
    2/5 gems are wrong
    Also I was serious DP is complete shit single target compared to SW

but really please at least put 2 minutes of effort into your character before coming here and expecting other people to
    Last edited by Smitus; 2014-03-05 at 03:18 AM.