Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inara/advanced
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=4 log for malk (closest to pure ST)
    My dps seems low even accounting for gemming/reforging, the missing 4 piece and no galakras trinket.
    Any suggestions to fix ? (The only mistake i realized later, is that since i wouldn't get a 3rd use out of HA/SW i probably should've delayed it till kings were up)
    Well, for one, you're using HA. SW came out ahead in T15 even with the 4-piece inflating the DPET of TE and no EEoG, and HA is just a plain bad talent now. You also (comparing your Warcraftlogs with my own) seem to be snapshotting Execution Sentence rather poorly - I usually manage a DPET no lower than 750k over a whole fight, and even correcting for somewhat worse trinkets, you should be able to manage a DPET better than 400k at your iLvl.

Not having even an LFR EEoG is obviously hurting your DPS by quite a lot, but taking HA and not snapshotting ES well certainly isn't helping.

Hmmm, got 4p so will test in flex soon.
    With ES wasn't sure. Currently using clcret and it uses it to fill up "empty" globals. (Plus for snapshotting, don't have that many AP procs)

Deleted
    Ditch CLCret and get something like Revvo's WeakAura setup. CLCret is a crutch and can't think ahead in the same way a player can - it'll never tell you to refresh an Inq early to avoid refreshing it during Wings, for example, even though that may be the best thing to do.

You also need to stop using ES to simply fill empty globals if you intend to do simDPS - it is your highest DPET ability by a wide margin, and messing up your snapshot on pull is a significant DPS loss.

Edit: That is not to say you should not use ES more-or-less on CD - merely that if you're, say, 1 stack from a Spark proc and ES comes off CD, don't just blindly mash it - wait a few seconds for the proc.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2014-04-18 at 04:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Ditch CLCret and get something like Revvo's WeakAura setup. CLCret is a crutch and can't think ahead in the same way a player can - it'll never tell you to refresh an Inq early to avoid refreshing it during Wings, for example, even though that may be the best thing to do.

You also need to stop using ES to simply fill empty globals if you intend to do simDPS - it is your highest DPET ability by a wide margin, and messing up your snapshot on pull is a significant DPS loss.

Edit: That is not to say you should not use ES more-or-less on CD - merely that if you're, say, 1 stack from a Spark proc and ES comes off CD, don't just blindly mash it - wait a few seconds for the proc.
    What is the benefit or Revvo's WeakAura's over CLCret? They appear to serve the exact same purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    What is the benefit or Revvo's WeakAura's over CLCret? They appear to serve the exact same purpose.
    Revvo gives you a broad overview of your HoPo generators and their CD progress, as well as your Inq. This allows you to make reasoned decisions about which button to press.

CLCRet simply mindlessly tells you which button to press, and will make the wrong recommendations at times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Revvo gives you a broad overview of your HoPo generators and their CD progress, as well as your Inq. This allows you to make reasoned decisions about which button to press.

CLCRet simply mindlessly tells you which button to press, and will make the wrong recommendations at times.
    Revvo's weak auras just save you the trouble of configuring multiple components of your UI. I place CLCret just above HoPo generators and a very similar Inq bar, and HoPo tracker is in the same area as well. Visually they are pretty similar, but mine's not as pretty.

So while the only real difference is that CLC recommends which HoPo generator to hit next, it's just that, a recommendation. Placing it near those generators and other important things allows you to make the same educated decisions the WA do.

If you're tunneling CLCret and have your action bars hidden in the bottom corner of your screen, that's not a bad addon, just a bad player.

Why can I post my logs and links

Prob too low post count on MMO-Champion, think you need 10 posts before links becomes share-able
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Prob too low post count on MMO-Champion, think you need 10 posts before links becomes share-able
    Thank you now I know.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see this referenced in the main post of the Ret guide. Been playing a monk all expansion, but am getting back into my paladin for CMs, and I'm confused on the cooldowns.

When are you supposed to use Guardian of the Ancient Kings, and Avenging Wrath? Am I supposed to be popping both at the same time?

@Forumchibi: Yes, whenever possible. The common line of thought is to line up their cooldowns as much as you can, but to not waste a cooldown if the combat will be over before then.

If you're not using SW, then you will want to delay wings for a few seconds after using GoAK so that their buffs will expire at the same time.

Deleted
    Is Holy Avenger that bad? I used it in a burst opener and got to 730k but dropped to 500-600k after it was gone and sustained it for about 10 seconds as 565 iLvl, with SW, I got 480-500k dps but was able to sustain it for about 30 seconds. Is holy Avenger only good on some fights or is Sanctified wrath better over all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Variann View Post
    Is Holy Avenger that bad? I used it in a burst opener and got to 730k but dropped to 500-600k after it was gone and sustained it for about 10 seconds as 565 iLvl, with SW, I got 480-500k dps but was able to sustain it for about 30 seconds. Is holy Avenger only good on some fights or is Sanctified wrath better over all.
    Holy Avenger is a terrible talent. The DPET in your level of gear for TV is actually LOWER than that of HoW, to not even speak of the fact that HoW is also a HoPo generator. Furthermore, HA is not affected by the CDR of EEoG.

Put simply, if you are getting better results with HA than with SW, then you are doing the SW rotation wrong. Even DP is ahead of HA at this point, if my memory does not fail me completely.

Deleted
    hi, my Retri-paladin has EEoG-hc and PToR(Primordius' Talisman of Rage)-hc, would it be worth to replace PToR with the trinket from Norushen?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    hi, my Retri-paladin has EEoG-hc and PToR(Primordius' Talisman of Rage)-hc, would it be worth to replace PToR with the trinket from Norushen?
    You would want Thoks trinket and Galakras best for ret

Hello! I'd like some advanced advice. I'm currently getting to know all 3 specs of paladins, since I've been tanking for a long ass time, and I feel like I'm underperforming heavily. I'm currently able to sustain 320k on single target dps, but I feel like I'm underperforming. So I'd like it if you guys could gide me through some gear/reforging/gemming to get the most of the gear I have. Theres some tank offpieces there so be mindful.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rieress/simple

As for rotation, I'm currently not sure what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I'm not doing the rotation correctly, since I'm unsure if using 4pc procs when they happen or wait till @5hp. Also, during wings burst, I do Hammer > cs > hammer > TV for single target. Is this optimal?

Sorry if the questions have been answered already, but I don't want to dig through all the posts to find it. Thanks for the help in advance though.

Terrier

Deleted
    Hey,

I'm making a transition from protadin to retri. Our guild killed HC Garrosh a few weeks ago and now I only have to tank 3 last bosses. Will eventually go full retri in a few weeks.

I think I know the basic rotation well enough, but my concern is how and when and what CDs to stack for optimal damage each boss.

I don't change my glyphs that much as I'm not quite familiar which ones to use and where. I mainly use SW/ES for talents. Last night I tried DP/LH on bosses with adds (Noru, Sha, Gala, Spoils). Could use some deeper info on these too.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...artty/advanced
    Logs from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1330&e=1687
    Raidbots: http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/darksorrow/artty/

Thank you for helping a fellow Retardin out

EDIT: I know I'm a bit over 40% haste as I got my HC legs yesterday and haven't played around with gems yet.

for gems just stick a 320 mastery where you have a 320 haste, not the biggest thing though :P
    when to use CDs is a bit tricky because they're needed for certain things but a general tip is to look at your last kill time and see how many times you can get Guardian in (120sec cd) and that's how many times you should line up your cds. Not a set rule but a general tip.
    fight last for 200 sec you'd delay your second guardian to match your third AW, just plan it out in a text file or in your head and stick to the plan
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

There is no haste breakpoint/plateau/"feel good" spot.

Hello fellow ret pallys!

Just one quick concern I have for my dps atm. I feel like my opening rotation isn't bringing out the dps it should. Right now I'm building 3 HP's for Inquistion then popping AW and guardian at the same time. After that my rotation is Hammer>CS (or 4 pc proc)>Hammer> 5HPTV. I use my ES the last 10 seconds of guardian and maintain this rotation till both AW and gaurdian falls. After that I just go back to the reg rotation. Any help would be very much appreciated.

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AEme/simple

logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...=11228&e=11649