Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kommodus View Post
    Thanks for the input. I don't know if it I'm posting this wrong but when I click on the link I do see him in there, at 270k something dps

We know he's got low gear, many of us do, but the dps is abysmally low
    I took a look at what spells you were casting in your second wipe versus one of my earlier kills of similar length to see what you are casting. A quick look is showing me that you only cast Wake of Ashes 6 times and the number of times you used Divine Storm is low as well considering there are a lot of eyes that pop up and sometimes in locations that take too long to get to (right behind Guldan for example). Wake will definitely help boost you up a little bit as well as using Divine Storm since you have two relics that boost that. The last thing I saw was that you wasted a fair bit of Holy Power, it is going to be unavoidable from the tier set but the wasted portion from Wake of Ashes should be a bit lower.

Wondering if I can get some advice, mostly about rotational sorta things:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a2VWXZLgd4AMD7vz

Only paladin raiding so should be kinda obvious. Didn't bother flasking or potting for the majority of it since heroic is just a snoozefest for us (but we generally lack the good people to try mythic still). What I'm looking more for is advice for maybe things rotationally or other things I could be doing wrong in general mechanically. I know my gear is a mess as it's bloated with Mastery, been trying to get it lowered and increasing other stats more, but when stuff doesn't drop for you...yeah...I run CoF/Claw trinks just more because I'm lazy and both are a decent combo given most fights are cleave centered and CoF is always ok for getting back into Crusade mode faster. My other trinks aren't great anyways, got a 890 Foci but that's not supposed to be that good iirc, only other ok/decent ones are 840 FCM and 870 Unstable Arcanocrystal. Results might be a bit skewed as the ret cloak dropped off a boss surprisingly, so equipped it for the last few fights over using the fully enchanted Liadrin ring.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Shinryu; 2017-05-30 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    Hey
    Can you check out my logs? This was my first time in Nighthold heroic, here are my logs and character:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../24701255/11/#
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ood/przewodnik
    What should I do to improve?
    Thanks in advance!

Hey there,

I need your assistance in analysing the logs (attached here) in determining whatever is I am doing wrong. I don't play on a high level nor a low level, but you could say in an average level. Sometimes I pull decent logs, but that might be all thanks to some good RNG, but apart from relying on RNG, I feel like I am doing something wrong with my rotational play-style.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/cCznKRWjy8qQGXh6#fight=18&type=damage-done&source=15

Looking forward for your suggestions, and appreciate your kind help!

(first time posting, so can't post links:S)

Deleted
    Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...gnaros/helmine
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: FV, TFoJ, BL, DH, WoG, DI, Cru
    Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VhLFkJWgDf91xmG6/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I am unsure of when to pop crusade and what trinkets to use.
    When I sim my character I sim the highest with CoF 890 and CotCS 920.
    But with using CoF I either have to delay my crusade to line it up with the rest and make the trinket useless or pop it asap.

I am also unsure if my opener is correct.

Other trinkets I have is:
    Chrono shard 900
    Horn of Valor 885
    Nightmare Egg Shell 895
    Faulthy Countermeasure 890
    Eye of Command 870
    Draught of Souls 895

Description of Playstyle:
    I do realise I sometimes dont have judgement up for TV I try to work on it but am unsure of how to look up how to see howmany i miss.

Hello !

For previous posters : use http://www.checkmywow.com/ on the reports you've linked to see stuff like TV without judgement debuff, overcap HP, etc, which are usually the main source of dps loss as a retribution paladin.

I'd never take logs on Legion until today ; mostly the end of my progression on the Nighthold, and willing to see how I'm doing.
    NB : I only play pug (no guild) in heroic. Was 901 at the time of the raid.

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...edivh/meaculpa
    Rankings for encounter : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...dps&bracket=20
    Worldoflogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HVjXKf7rZWyPqGcz
    CheckMyWow : http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/HVjXKf7rZWyPqGcz (player : meaculpa, reports already generated for all fights).

I'm happy to see that I'm performing well on aoe/cleave fight (but retri, he), but having some troubles on monotarget fights (for exemple here, on Krosus & Chromatic Anomaly). Things were better on Star Augur, but mostly because I was lucky by having to move only once.
    I'm able to keep the lost of holy power around ~2%, mostly with WoA so I don't think it's my main issue.

Would like to have some inputs of how improve myself on those kind of fights ! (I know, it's on heroic on faceroll, so who cares, but still!)

Thanks !
    Last edited by Felkor; 2017-06-12 at 08:40 AM.

Hi Guys,

Im relatively new to Retribution pala and need your help. I have read the Retri DPS Guides at Wowhead, Silver hand and Icy Vains and try to bring it into action, but I still fail massive on most fights. For Example, on Harjatan (normal and heroic) I'm only in the 9% bracket of my gear level:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/24K3FDXd6BQzaZcV/#fight=1&type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/V9PaZTQ18LmxqFRA/#fight=1&type=damage-done

I have tried to have a proper rotation, but the result is frustrating - any ideas from looking at the logs what I do fundamentally wrong ? - Thanks in advance to all fellow paladins, Alaaria

Your judgement uptime is quite low (~70%).
    And more important, you're using spender when the target is not judged (1/4 of the spenders used that way), missing a lot of damage here.
    You can use old wars, too

To help you with your rotation, you can look the addon "Hekili", which is a rotation helper for some classes, including ret'. The rotation is based on the latest sims, so it fairly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    And more important, you're using spender when the target is not judged (1/4 of the spenders used that way), missing a lot of damage here.

To help you with your rotation, you can look the addon "Hekili", which is a rotation helper for some classes, including ret'. The rotation is based on the latest sims, so it fairly accurate.
    Thank you very much for your advice - I'll try to test Hekili - actually I am using TMW with Chesders 7.2.5 profile, but sometimes it seems to have a suboptimal behavior (i.e. not showing when to use Wake of Ashes, which i sometimes miss to use at the right time :-( ) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post

Sweet. Appreciate info like this.

Just looking for some advice on improvement.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B1LCr2NKvTV7FjdX/

The only legendaries I don't have are liadrin's and the new highlord(?) ring. I setup my gear based on what askmrrobot and simming has suggested will get me the most dps. I know my mastery is really high . I'm trying to get some different set pieces and hopefully get rid of that.

Thanks for your help!

Deleted
    Hi,

I too am a little desperate to find out what's going on with my single target dps. It appears that I am pulling off between 600-700k single target dps which is a questionable result looking at my ilvl + stats. Similar retri's with my ilvl pull off 800-1000k dps.

Stats: 31.90% haste (basing this on the guide Silverhand guide)
    Crit: 30.34%
    Mastery: 21.89%
    Vers: 2.64%
    Legs: Belt + Ring

Talents: You can find me on armory Muchundo-Sunstrider-EU

Logs: You can find me on wowlogs under Muchundo-Sunstrider-EU

The only reason that I could think of are my trinkets, but I would not imagine it has that much of an dps boost if I would change them to for example Faulty Countermeasure (again, looking at Silverhand trinket guide)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

P.s. New account to MMO. Cannot post links yet...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muchu View Post
    Hi,

I too am a little desperate to find out what's going on with my single target dps. It appears that I am pulling off between 600-700k single target dps which is a questionable result looking at my ilvl + stats. Similar retri's with my ilvl pull off 800-1000k dps.

Stats: 31.90% haste (basing this on the guide Silverhand guide)
    Crit: 30.34%
    Mastery: 21.89%
    Vers: 2.64%
    Legs: Belt + Ring

Talents: You can find me on armory Muchundo-Sunstrider-EU

Logs: You can find me on wowlogs under Muchundo-Sunstrider-EU

The only reason that I could think of are my trinkets, but I would not imagine it has that much of an dps boost if I would change them to for example Faulty Countermeasure (again, looking at Silverhand trinket guide)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

P.s. New account to MMO. Cannot post links yet...

Think you are talented and geared for Aoe currently as seen the KJ Trinket and DH talent.
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...xBPzoqjCuTdyqj

I would go more on Versatility and change gear logging off and doing sim on raidbots site again to see what is better.

Prepot and next potion during next Crusade using Old Warriors could make a huge different from Prolong Powers
    Do you use Strength Flask too?

Just find one of the Goroth fight where you used Divine Hammer talent, not best for Single Target.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=10

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...2CaeRsCUhQF3cM
    Blade of Justice giving 73K extra on the Simulation, use on ST.

Trinkets are not the best choice either.

'Convergence of Fates' is not bad, but you are not guaranteed to benefit from it.
    'Shadowmoon Insignia' looks a tank trinket with the on use increase HP, replace it.
    Last edited by Kobor; 2017-08-06 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    Think you are talented and geared for Aoe currently as seen the KJ Trinket and DH talent.
    Agreed. I was specced for Mistress.

I would go more on Versatility and change gear logging off and doing sim on raidbots site again to see what is better.
    Thanks for the tip. I've been going for haster/crit as this is shown to be the most lucrative stats in guides. I'll see what I can do.

Prepot and next potion during next Crusade using Old Warriors could make a huge different from Prolong Powers
    Do you use Strength Flask too?
    Agreed and yes I use flask too. Though, without the prepotting and using Old Warriors I expect to gain quite a bit of dps somewh

Just find one of the Goroth fight where you used Divine Hammer talent, not best for Single Target.
    Agreed.

Blade of Justice giving 73K extra on the Simulation, use on ST.
    If I look at the sim you made, it says I can achieve 860k dps with my current "running" gear (Aggramar's Stride). Hence why I am asking for advice, I am not achieving this even with my dps gear let alone my "running" gear.

I still think some of my stats or rotations are messed up, but I cant figure out where.

Trinkets are not the best choice either.

'Convergence of Fates' is not bad, but you are not guaranteed to benefit from it.
    'Shadowmoon Insignia' looks a tank trinket with the on use increase HP, replace it.
    Agreed. I'm not very lucky with single target dps trinket drops. I'll work on it.

Overall thanks for the advice, there are a couple of small details that you gave me which would help me. I'll give it a shot and see what dps comes out of it, but I'm still a little confused how my single target dps can be so much lower than for example a lock, mage, rogue.

P.s. Again, I am not allowed to post links yet (not even in quotes...)

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Just looking for some advice on improvement.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B1LCr2NKvTV7FjdX/

The only legendaries I don't have are liadrin's and the new highlord(?) ring. I setup my gear based on what askmrrobot and simming has suggested will get me the most dps. I know my mastery is really high . I'm trying to get some different set pieces and hopefully get rid of that.

Thanks for your help!
    Hey there mate,

First thing - leaving the t19 2 piece aside, at least untill you get a better leggo than Killjaeden's trinket.

If you have the leggo cloak, it would benefit you (as long as you have a half decent Trinket to replace the leggo one of-course.)

Second thing - you pop (somehow) both trinkets on pull... this is a bad habit from previous expansion that are not beneficial to Crusade.

You want to pop an on use trinket once the Crusade buff stacks to 15, not before.
    Also, having one on use Trinket is enough... so a stat stick or a trinket that has an "Equip" effect will be better than a second on use trinket.

Third thing - Pre-potting will go a long way, especially on fights where you will end up poping Crusade more than once.

Then you can pot again either on your second Crusade or on a more beneficial part of the fight (EG, Bloodlust or Time Warp where you also use crusade)
    Allways try and time your second potion to where you knnow you are likely to do the most damage during the fight except the pull.

Fourth thing (less frequent) - I noticed you sometimes use BoJ without the benefit of Judgment buff from 4 Piece.

Only thing i can suggest here, is get used to cast Judgment as many times as you can, before you cast BoJ.

This is a quick over view on the Goroth log.

there might be things i missed, this Work computer is not the best...
    Last edited by killwithpwr; 2017-08-07 at 01:21 PM.

Madness will consume you!!!

Thanks. I usually pre-pot but sometimes people pull and we just go with it lol I'm getting better with the Judgement before BoJ it's just a little bit of a switch. I have the cloak but I was simming higher with KJ and using the 2piece.

I got liandrin's shortly after posting for help and it's definitely raised my damage along with bumping my haste up to 31% with switching in a new trinket for KJ.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fLzHCG3QnVY9RTKW/

I feel like im under performing with my dps right now. I use TMW for a rotation helper, pretty much follow it to the T.
    Can't catch a break on any Crusade relics. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

reports/Mj1G94QdfRYXHkKT#fight=2&type=damage-done

/en-us/character/illidan/dabsalot

cant post links yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trudat View Post
    I feel like im under performing with my dps right now. I use TMW for a rotation helper, pretty much follow it to the T.
    Can't catch a break on any Crusade relics. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

reports/Mj1G94QdfRYXHkKT#fight=2&type=damage-done

/en-us/character/illidan/dabsalot

cant post links yet
    Goroth :
    For some reason, you dont appear in logs.

Demonic Inquisition :
    You should use more DS when possible (ie when Belac & Atrigan are not casting Bone Saw/Fel Squall).
    Your DPS on pull is very low, it should be around 2m5+ (by using DS)
    You wasted 18 HP which can be improved.
    You didn't use any potion of the old war : you have to prepot and use your 2nd pot during Crusade and/or BL.
    You have no food buff.

Harjatan :
    Use potion of the old war.
    If you have an AoE trinket (like Umbral Moonglaives from Sisters of the moon), use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollen View Post
    Goroth :
    For some reason, you dont appear in logs.

Demonic Inquisition :
    You should use more DS when possible (ie when Belac & Atrigan are not casting Bone Saw/Fel Squall).
    Your DPS on pull is very low, it should be around 2m5+ (by using DS)
    You wasted 18 HP which can be improved.
    You didn't use any potion of the old war : you have to prepot and use your 2nd pot during Crusade and/or BL.
    You have no food buff.

Harjatan :
    Use potion of the old war.
    If you have an AoE trinket (like Umbral Moonglaives from Sisters of the moon), use it.
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    I wasnt using much DS simply because i was under the impression that its only for 3+ targets.
    I will get my goroth log up. Thanks again for replying.

Looking for some tips on Heroic Fallen Avatar (I pug). I have both rings, cloak and belt. Typically use Chain and Liadrin's. Pot at the start and use Specter next to Avatar (and on CD unless running out). Lust is normally kicked off at start or a few seconds later. I wait until about 3 seconds to run out using my pony and then pony back to the boss for minimal down time. I run my unbound chaos in a circle or strafe the boss to make sure I'm constantly DPS'ing. Just to get up to the 50th percentile I'd need to do about 100K more DPS... I have currently 37 wipes and 2 kills - below are 15 logs (oldest to newest).

Four attempts
    reports/3aZwy6LhQCcrxk4B#view=analytical&boss=2038&difficulty=4&wipes=1

Seven attempts
    reports/n64pW7zHK1GFXfqJ#view=analytical&boss=2038&difficulty=4

Four attempts with 4piece and 2piece (try something new last night!)
    reports/4GJqpL1tkc8y3zvn/#view=analytical&boss=2038&difficulty=4&wipes=1