1. #2201
    Hey all,

    I am apart of a 10M Heroic Progression Guild we are currently working on Malkorok progression. I have been running straight SLH spec since I got to Normal Thok a while back. Since I didn't play before SoO during MoP I don't really understand the EF Spec properly. But I want to learn to for Malkorok and for raiding in general because SLH is just so boring. So I would help you guys can give me a basic rundown of the goals of the spec (beyond keep HS on CD and the basics like that.)

    Not sure if I can post links yet
    ARMORY
    Krystlin on Mal'Ganis

    Just let me know what a should change on my gear for EF. I know I need like 3k more spirit or so. I got the Galakras bracers (Heroic, non Warforged) sitting in my bags if those are better than the ones I have.

    Thanks!

  2. #2202
    Basically you want to keep EF up on as many people as possible with this spec, in 10 man this works great since you can maintain uptime on a good chunk of the raid for the most part. You want to apply it with 3 HP. EF is great for Malkorak. HS on CD and you will find that you are using holy radiance a lot also to build HP.

    You have the breakpoint for EF, the next one is 10867 however what you have is fine. After that reforge for mastery. Personally I would use the Galakras bracers even though they aren't war forged as I don't feel crit does much for us. I would recommend using artful in yellow/red and consider straight brilliant in reds since this will make you EF initial and ticks hit a lot harder. The amount of spirit you have is okay, with the meta gem you should aim for around 14k. You are going to find that you are going to end the fight low on mana but to be full the entire time seems like a waste of secondary stats imo.

    For Malkorak in particular I try to get EF up on as many people as possible before the pull then just maintain. You will probably only have about 1/2 the raid in range so keep it up on them and the tanks replenishing the shields as needed. Personally I run with holy prism for this fight since you are so spread out in 10 man. Use divine shield to clear out your section if it gets to busy (makes things a lot easier on you). If you are running with a druid/shaman they will jump up in numbers really quickly at the start however you will catch up and should end about equal if not above by the end. If you are not healing with one of those classes I would hit a CD at the beginning to get shields up quickly.

    EF is definitely a lot more fun to play than SH build however it is not hard, just go for a test run in lfr and you will get the hang of it pretty quickly.

  3. #2203
    I heal with a disc priest now. My healing buddy switched back to his 582 Disc Priest. But yeah I would get more benefit out of Holy Prism (Light's Hammer was more for the extra heals to get shields started on melee.) I am going to try running spirit at 16k for the first part and see how I like it and I'll change it depending. Because with 13.4k Spirit I go OOM a lot with SLH on other fights but by that time I have HA up to help conserve mana along with DP about to pop. I was planning on just starting every fight with HA and try to 3 HP EFs on the everyone but the tanks because I am going to try and remember to get the tanks started with 3 HP EFs before the fight starts. But building HP without judgement is going to weird but just got to beacon swap with Infusion procs for extra procs I guess and HR a lot.

  4. #2204
    You don't have a lot of heroic gear yet so this fight is going to be challenging. More spirit will come with more gear. I found this fight a huge step up from the previous ones and I do remember being stuck on it for a bit (in fact I think we downed spoils before this one, but not entirely sure on that).
    HP builds easily enough and once you are used to it you won't notice, one less gcd to worry about. Running with a disc you are definitely going to want to use some sort of CD right at the start. I usually use divine purpose for most fights (really all but thok) however that is probably just preference in that I like the procs during the fight and I would open with GoAK to get shields up fast. This fight just needs a lot of work, people have to be careful to not stand in shit and you have to be aware of who is about to step in the purple swirls to top up their shield.
    Good luck!

  5. #2205
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pcomp/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:NA
    Worldoflogs Link:NA
    Questions, concerns, expectations:I've got my normal mode 4 pc set bonus, however I've got the Heroic Gaze of Echoing Despair & Heroic Grips of the Fallen Council in my bags. I'm just curious exactly which is best: higher ilvl or the set bonus? I'm leaning on set bonus, but I can't seem to find anything solid to support it. Thanks.
    Description of Playstyle:EF

  6. #2206
    Selfless Healer question: quick napkin math makes Jud - HR - HS - LoD seamless at 3/sqrt(5), so slightly north of 34%. That appears as way too much mastery lost.
    I have very little haste (10% buffed); when using the aforementioned rotation, I have to wait for Jud to come off cooldown - but when I start casting unbuffed HR instead, Jud is off cooldown for quite long time.
    So, please, what should I do meanwhile? What is the most efficient SH rotation?

  7. #2207
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Selfless Healer question: quick napkin math makes Jud - HR - HS - LoD seamless at 3/sqrt(5), so slightly north of 34%. That appears as way too much mastery lost.
    I have very little haste (10% buffed); when using the aforementioned rotation, I have to wait for Jud to come off cooldown - but when I start casting unbuffed HR instead, Jud is off cooldown for quite long time.
    So, please, what should I do meanwhile? What is the most efficient SH rotation?
    You described the most efficient SH rotation, you just need a little bit more Haste which you should have, since the Haste buffs give 15% on their own for Paladins.

  8. #2208
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,877
    Question regarding playstyles. I find myself using Holy Radiance more or less all the time, even in EF build to build holy powers. The times I use Holy Light, Divine Light or FoL is.. rarely. Am I doing it wrong? I mean, I carry my own weight and usually outheal people even though I'm only 545 and without cloak/gem.

    Armory, even though not really relevant: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Asria/simple

    How do you guys efficiently build HP with a EF build these days?

  9. #2209
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Question regarding playstyles. I find myself using Holy Radiance more or less all the time, even in EF build to build holy powers. The times I use Holy Light, Divine Light or FoL is.. rarely. Am I doing it wrong? I mean, I carry my own weight and usually outheal people even though I'm only 545 and without cloak/gem.

    Armory, even though not really relevant: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Asria/simple

    How do you guys efficiently build HP with a EF build these days?
    When your gear supports it, it's basically HR HR HS EF, rinse repeat for an EF build. With your handy dandy prism when you can.

    I don't think I've used any of my other heals since CM's.

  10. #2210
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Question regarding playstyles. I find myself using Holy Radiance more or less all the time, even in EF build to build holy powers. The times I use Holy Light, Divine Light or FoL is.. rarely. Am I doing it wrong? I mean, I carry my own weight and usually outheal people even though I'm only 545 and without cloak/gem.

    Armory, even though not really relevant: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Asria/simple

    How do you guys efficiently build HP with a EF build these days?
    By spamming Holy radiance on the melee most of the time. You don't primarily use HR for heals these days. You use it for generating holy power and blanketing EF.

    The rotation is pretty much HR->HR->HS-> EF (obviously you can pool some holy power depending on the situation).

  11. #2211
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    By spamming Holy radiance on the melee most of the time. You don't primarily use HR for heals these days. You use it for generating holy power and blanketing EF.

    The rotation is pretty much HR->HR->HS-> EF (obviously you can pool some holy power depending on the situation).
    Aye. How much spirit are people running with these days? I got 17k, thinking of dropping about 2k for mastery. I suppose it's a do it and find out thing.

  12. #2212
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Aye. How much spirit are people running with these days? I got 17k, thinking of dropping about 2k for mastery. I suppose it's a do it and find out thing.
    You don't have a meta gem or cloak so you can run a bit more spirit. I'm running about 15.5 with cloak and meta gem and I rarely have issues.

  13. #2213
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Aye. How much spirit are people running with these days? I got 17k, thinking of dropping about 2k for mastery. I suppose it's a do it and find out thing.
    17k is unbelievable haha. I got down to 14k and it still felt like too much even for 10m, so now I'm down to about 12k I think for 25m and having no issues. I use a mana pot most fights, but that's about it, and worth it for the extra mastery I get. Healing mainly heroics at this point.

    I'm also running an EF build, not SH except for Thok since I mostly heal 10s.

  14. #2214
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    17k is unbelievable haha. I got down to 14k and it still felt like too much even for 10m, so now I'm down to about 12k I think for 25m and having no issues. I use a mana pot most fights, but that's about it, and worth it for the extra mastery I get. Healing mainly heroics at this point.

    I'm also running an EF build, not SH except for Thok since I mostly heal 10s.
    Well, who doesn't love spirit. I outheal people 20ilvls higher than me with cloak, but they're probably just shit, though..

    I'm not sure why I heal on my paladin when I have a similarly geared resto shaman..

  15. #2215
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Well, who doesn't love spirit. I outheal people 20ilvls higher than me with cloak, but they're probably just shit, though..

    I'm not sure why I heal on my paladin when I have a similarly geared resto shaman..
    I wasn't trying to be critical, just noting that's a lot of spirit haha. Just a lot of that could be used for more useful stats. Healing heroics around 13k spirit now after a couple upgrades and don't have any issues. It's worth a try, and I enjoy the gameplay better with lower spirit myself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •