Page 31 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After 5.3 hit, I switched over to use offset pieces instead of t14 4set.
    With some fights going well, I'm usually below what I used to achieve and am having mana issues at later health.
    Logs are obviously less "huge" due to a disc priest but I still do not like the current outcome of most tries on Lei Shen 25HC.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-06iqa5db1oibveft/

Usually using flash of light on lucidity proc, EF the tanks and the occasional melee - for the rest it's mostly radiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Logs are obviously less "huge" due to a disc priest but I still do not like the current outcome of most tries on Lei Shen 25HC.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-06iqa5db1oibveft/
    Haven't really looked at what most people use (mainly out of laziness) but I'm questioning your talent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Haven't really looked at what most people use (mainly out of laziness) but I'm questioning your talent choices.
    PoJ, EF, Unbreakable, Div, Hammer.
    Armory is showing my tanking gear/spec

Just glancing quickly at your armory and logs and some of this isn't really quick fix stuff but... you're draenei not human? Even so you're not using Gift of the Naruu like at all which is the only redeeming factor for an holy paladin. The extra spirit from the human racial and the trinket are both pretty amazing.

You're logged out in prot gear so no comment on your holy set.

I disagree with half of your talent choices. Speed of Light is amazing for thunderstrucks with late roars, helm of command, and bad winds. Divine Purpose is really pointless in this fight since HA is such a great cd and can get 3pt EFs up on your entire corner during transitions. Holy Prism absolutely destroys Light's Hammer on this fight (your LH did 32 million, my HP did 50 mil). You can't use it during transitions unless you have an add in your corner but if a neighbor group has one you can target that and help heal next door too.

But really your output boils down to this: You're not shocking. Your Holy Shock usage is pretty awful. If you don't shock you can't put out EF (or Light of Dawn which you're also using but... seriously... stop that) which in turn isn't proccing Divine Purpose (also, for real, stop it).

I can't tell what you're doing with your cooldowns since it all looks kind of random. I use HA on the pull because I'm meter whoring and save everything else for 1st transition. I can HA again during P2 but usually don't since it's a snoozefest to heal and save everything for 2nd transition and everything will be up again in P3.

You have Fist of Justice and used it zero times when you should be stunning diffused lightning adds.

You say you're having mana isses but use only one mana pot the entire night but did use int pots? You're using the Divine Plea glyph it looks like which I personally hate and think there are much better options there. I'd pick up Protector of the Innocent personally but I guess that's kind of whatever. On a similar night of attempts my PotI glyph healed me for almost 3.3 million damage which I think is a fair trade off for reducing healing during low damage periods of which there are many in this fight.

For reference I'm usually beating or even with our disc priests so it's not impossible at all to hold your own.

Anyway, hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    snippidy snip
    Woa, huge list!
    Racial-wise, I'm not too concerned. I love my Draenei and my guild doesn't require you to pick the best race combo.

I can see where you are coming from with most talent choices, especially SoL and HP.
    Same with picking HA over DivP tho it will take some time to get used to it.
    I usually use wings together with hammer on first shock, then divine favor for a fast div plea right before first intermission.
    Regarding the stunning, theres supposed to be someone that takes care of adds or just heal through their damage on intermission.

Are people not using the 150% buff to daybreak and instead just shock on cooldown? I try to not shock when I have zero/1 stack.
    Also, I'm unable to blanket mostly considering the tank will most likely die if I don't focus on them instead of throwing flames on others.

Mana has been better now that I am able to stick around the boss in the later phases together with managing FoL's on Lucidity.
    I guess it will be even easier when using HA but i'll have to see that with my own eyes first.

Thanks for your thorough reply, i'll certainly test out some other talents and glyphs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im PvP more than PvE, but i see a few holy shocks heals, and too much overheal, near 75%, im from old healin school so i care the overheal, im TBC the mana was so limit that the overheal can make a wipe.

Look in the graph, the healin done is too much over the damage taken...

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I usually use wings together with hammer on first shock, then divine favor for a fast div plea right before first intermission.
    Regarding the stunning, theres supposed to be someone that takes care of adds or just heal through their damage on intermission.
    I assume you mean Thunderstruck not Static Shock (Static Shock during P1/2 not during transitions)? Neither of which is really that intensive to heal through, you shouldn't need cooldowns. Using DF for a faster DP is just weird. It's an amazing throughput cd not a 'make me dp faster' cd. This sort of boggles me.

Are people not using the 150% buff to daybreak and instead just shock on cooldown? I try to not shock when I have zero/1 stack.
    Also, I'm unable to blanket mostly considering the tank will most likely die if I don't focus on them instead of throwing flames on others.
    Shocking on cd is more important than stacking daybreak. To your second point, you do more tank healing by raid healing with EF than by tank healing IF you have other healers that can spot heal the tanks. Shaman are amazing for that role. Not sure if you can do it in your raid but I almost never direct heal the tanks and still do ridiculous amounts of beacon healing on them.

Mana has been better now that I am able to stick around the boss in the later phases together with managing FoL's on Lucidity.
    I guess it will be even easier when using HA but i'll have to see that with my own eyes first.
    Holy Avenger isn't more mana friendly but it delivers more burst when you need it.
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2013-06-10 at 10:23 PM.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    I disagree with half of your talent choices. Speed of Light is amazing for thunderstrucks with late roars, helm of command, and bad winds. Divine Purpose is really pointless in this fight since HA is such a great cd and can get 3pt EFs up on your entire corner during transitions. Holy Prism absolutely destroys Light's Hammer on this fight (your LH did 32 million, my HP did 50 mil). You can't use it during transitions unless you have an add in your corner but if a neighbor group has one you can target that and help heal next door too.
    Holy Prism does not destroy Lights Hammer on this fight. Holy Prism is the best heal for snipe healing and large chunks of those 50 million you did with holy prism could probably have been healed by just casting Holy Radiance or Holy Shock (or covered by other healers). Lights Hammer becomes better when it heals 7 people or more so if you can do good placement of Lights hammer in the last phase during wind, it is better.

The healing in the first two phases does not matter at all on Lei Shen and I am willing to bet that the majority of the healing you are seeing from Holy Prism is in phase 1 (crushing thunder damage especially) and phase 2.

@Mifuyne I honestly dont see how you oom in this fight, I was comparing you to the other two holy paladins in my guild and you gained a shit ton more mana from seal of insight (cant compare myself unfortunately as im on ball lightning duty). One thing that I do know however is that you need to stun those diffused lightning adds, a stun can litterally save you 3 casts of FoL (asuming you are solo healing a quadrant).

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Holy Prism does not destroy Lights Hammer on this fight. Holy Prism is the best heal for snipe healing and large chunks of those 50 million you did with holy prism could probably have been healed by just casting Holy Radiance or Holy Shock (or covered by other healers). Lights Hammer becomes better when it heals 7 people or more so if you can do good placement of Lights hammer in the last phase during wind, it is better.

The healing in the first two phases does not matter at all on Lei Shen and I am willing to bet that the majority of the healing you are seeing from Holy Prism is in phase 1 (crushing thunder damage especially) and phase 2.
    My phase 3 attempts have been limited so I'm not going to disagree on this point. I just went and looked at a bunch of top logs on H Lei Shen kills and see both used with LH getting slightly more use.

Yes, I'm using it on crashing thunder but the way we have our raid arranged it's one of the only heals that reaches to melee. I'll try both tonight and see if I really can hold it to P3 where I can certainly see that it's beneficial.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Interesting you mention this, I was actually thinking of whether to use HP or LH for this fight myself (for critiquing Mifuyne I figured both talents were acceptable, really was saying that DP and POJ were not).

From an HPS point of view I'm convinced Prism is better, for progression, not sure.

Deleted
    I am hijacking the Lei Shen discussion. Our guild is starting Lei Shen this ID and I was wondering how mana intensive this will get and if I could maybe drop some spirit for more mastery.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ungzten/simple

@cooldown usage: can you pop wings+DF+AW for every intermission phase? And maybe pop Guardian during first and during last phase.

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Interesting you mention this, I was actually thinking of whether to use HP or LH for this fight myself (for critiquing Mifuyne I figured both talents were acceptable, really was saying that DP and POJ were not).

From an HPS point of view I'm convinced Prism is better, for progression, not sure.
    Definitely, as I said you also need to place really good Lights Hammer for it to even be better in the last phase than Holy Prism although I would expect anyone who is at Lei Shen heroic to be good enough to place a decent hammer on the ground. If you just want to rank/pad Holy Prism is better as you also get to use that in the transistion phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    @cooldown usage: can you pop wings+DF+AW for every intermission phase? And maybe pop Guardian during first and during last phase.
    Heres how I do it, Holy Avenger on pull keep casting and blanketing EF even tho theres nothing to heal. Holy Avenger should be ready again right after third thunderstruck and you should use HA, AW and DF, blanket the raid with EF and get ready for when the tanks move the boss again. This is also the only time in the entire boss fight you should be using LoD as the damage is extremely high and spiky (and should last for no more than 5ish secs).

Guardian should be used during the first transistion phase as it can get really hard to heal if you are solo healing a quadrant (3 out of 5 healers will have to). Going oom by the end of this phase is fine as you should have most of phase 2 to stand in melee and regenerate your mana. If your raid leader has you on ball lightning duty tell him someone else should do it.

During the second phase I blow all my cds except for guardian while Lei Shen is being moved the first time, honestly there is nothing to heal in this phase and cooldown usage is not needed I just do it to feel more useful or feel like im slacking less.

In the second transistion phase you should not be using a single cooldown as you want them all ready for the last phase, it is the only phase where healing really matters.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2013-06-11 at 01:23 PM.

Fix our Holy Paly heals. We are doing trys on Iron Qon Heroic and his HPS is is almost half of mine (Rdruid) and Monk. Our better trys were trys 6 and 13. We have almost the same ilvl.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5562&e=6134

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    Fix our Holy Paly heals. We are doing trys on Iron Qon Heroic and his HPS is is almost half of mine (Rdruid) and Monk. Our better trys were trys 6 and 13. We have almost the same ilvl.
    His EF healing just seems low. Not sure why.
    Last edited by cakin; 2013-06-11 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Edit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    Holy shock usage is a little over 50% of what it should be.

His logs are also proof of why I hate divine purpose in current content. 8 procs in a 9 minute fight, better off with HA.

Hey guys im trying to help our holy pally i noticed his healing is way behind the other healers some fights here is a WOL and his armory
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...l1q/details/9/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndrew/advanced
    Last edited by hawkster; 2013-06-11 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
    Hey guys im trying to help our holy pally i noticed his healing is way behind the other healers some fights here is a WOL and his armory
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=4309&e=4777
    Your logs page isn't working.

There it should work now

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a very cute TF trinket he has there.. Too bad it's god aweful.
    His Serpent's eyes are a little weird, from my understanding (Which may very well be wrong, and most likely is), it'd be worth getting the int ones because you only get 50% more (320->480) secondary stats.

I'm not good at WoL, but from what I'm seeing he also only used Diving Plea ONCE in that raid (36k mana gained), used no mana pots, and used AW/DA 3 times, Holy Avenger twice and Guardian a grand total of 0.

There is so much wrong with his log I don't even know where to start. He needs to find a guide.

I'm going to give this the same treatment that I give every (albeit well-meaning) person who posts another person's log which happens to need an extreme amount of help: At this point you posting for them is just not going to do anything, if they are serious about keeping a raid spot they need to be coming here themselves and reading the posted guides first, and then posting their own logs/questions second.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-11 at 07:44 PM.