1. #1041
    So I'm a terrible paladin healer and I want to be better.

    1) armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rounder/simple
    2) logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w0qk7z6bz8fjahp0/
    3) concerns: at my gear level, I feel gimped if I go EF. I consistantly run out of mana. this time I tried selfless healer, and while I didn't run out of mana often, I'm getting crushed on the meters.

    When EFF, I usally cast HS > HR >HR EF. Is that not something I should be doing? HR and DL have the same mana cost.

  2. #1042
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    So I'm a terrible paladin healer and I want to be better.
    First, you can play EF nearly at any Gear LVL. People have been playing EF during t14 and it was fine. If you don't have the spirit, try gemming for it. The Legendary Meta will help a lot. Try to catch up on the Quest. To support a full HR/HR/HR/EF Rotation you will need something like 14-17K Spirt, depending on Raidsetup and trinkets.

    Your Logs I checked were SH logs. I can see that your HS and J usage is a bit low for that. You need to focus on using HS on CD. Also during some pulls on Galakras you did not use your CDs. You should learn for every fight were the DMG is high and when that happens so you can plan your CDs accordingly.

    Was just a quick look.

  3. #1043
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    So I'm a terrible paladin healer and I want to be better.

    1) armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rounder/simple
    2) logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w0qk7z6bz8fjahp0/
    3) concerns: at my gear level, I feel gimped if I go EF. I consistantly run out of mana. this time I tried selfless healer, and while I didn't run out of mana often, I'm getting crushed on the meters.

    When EFF, I usally cast HS > HR >HR EF. Is that not something I should be doing? HR and DL have the same mana cost.
    You have quite low Spirit for the proper EF style, and quite high Spirit for the SH style. As far as EF, you should be aiming for at least 13k Spirit before the Sha of Pride trinket, and its very important that you keep a very high up-time on your trinket & Divine Plea usage to stay competitive with others. As you only posted a SH log its hard for me to give much more than general analysis, as you can't do a huge amount 'wrong' with SH, but as you've seen its quite a poor spec in general use.

    As a reassurance though, I'm able to keep up with any healer put in my way, on most fights currently, and I'm still on the very bleeding edge of what my mana can handle, having to be very careful not to run myself dry between cooldowns for when I need it most. So don't feel too bad about going OOM. You should be able to manage the style in your current gear but you'd need to gem Spirit quite heavily to sustain enough mana to keep up with the other healers reliably. Although as Tungzten said, not having the Meta is going to give you some problems, and if you're up against other healers with the Cloak too, you'll definitely be noticing the difference tit makes.

    I'm at 550 ilvl with 16k Spirit

  4. #1044

    Help with fellow HOLY Paladin

    Hi all,

    My friend asked me to post here (as he does not speak english) to try to improve his healing.
    We asked for help on the priest forums for our Disc priest and got wonderful results, so, he felt he could get some friendly advice here as well, as we are struggling on Juggernault HC.
    Seems i can´t post links yet. The logs are under personal logs, Azralon, the last raid. His profile is sanguenta, on US Azralon.

    Any help is greatly appreciated! (Sorry for the poor english)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here are the links.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6mm83ws3bkr3kain/sum/healingDone/
    us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Sanguenta/simple

  5. #1045

  6. #1046
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Medsashi View Post
    My friend asked me to post here (as he does not speak english) to try to improve his healing.
    We asked for help on the priest forums for our Disc priest and got wonderful results, so, he felt he could get some friendly advice here as well, as we are struggling on Juggernault HC.
    Basing off of the longest (5:47) 10H Iron Juggernaut attempt: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6m...?s=7920&e=8268

    Main advice I can give is to focus more on using Eternal Flame on Laser Burn targets (for 10m you can even go with Sacred Shield; on PTR it proved quite effective!) rather than casting any Light of Dawn at all. It's also worthwhile to try to get an EF rolling on every player during the Seismic/Shock Blast phase. Because you are knocked back especially for 10 man, Prism is probably a better deal than Light's Hammer and will also, as a bonus, let you hit every Shock Blast with it.

    Also no use of Guardian, it should be stacked with the other CD's.


    Your Ret Paladin who died first that attempt should be taking Unbreakable Spirit and making sure to DP the 1st and 3rd Shock Blasts also, and possibly Bubble the 2nd if you're not using it for mines.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-10-28 at 07:58 PM.

  7. #1047

    Chorizon

    I used to be fairly good. Am now fairly inconsistent, and often at the bottom of my raid. Any help greatly appreciated.

    Logs: not allowed to post the link b/c am a brand new registered user. If you go to WOL, Zone, USA, Zul'Jin, Immortalis, and our most recent fights, you can analyze Healing Done and check my character: Chorizon
    Armory: Same issue- won't let me post a url link. But you can check Wowarmory, Chorizon, I'm the blood elf holy paladin in Zul'Jin

    (Sorry for not being able to post the actual links)

    Concerns: I don't feel like I've changed my style but am now weaker. Also, what should I be doing to examine my logs better when I analyze?

  8. #1048
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,278
    @ Chorizon, I'll use this log for now, your 8:05 (Berserk) 25H Iron Juggernaut: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8006&e=8491

    Basic thing is the same thing I said above, you want to focus more on HoTs for Laser Burn than Light of Dawn. You want to stack all CD's for ideally after the 1st or 2nd Shock Blast (prepare for the next, stuff like Disc Priest shields are depleted, and you're being bombed with cannons). That's really the only time people will be dying hard. Also even in 25H I've found Prism to be a better deal than LH. Too much Light of Dawn also means you lose out on one of the best benefits of EF spec, which is the increased (50%) Beacon transfer.

    And, here's a farm fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4772&e=5336 (25H Fallen Protectors)

    You want to use more HR. You're not using your mana, you didn't need to divine plea once, so you can afford to get less SH stacks (1, possibly 2). The build revolves around spreading as much absorbs as possible and is great at preventing "accidental" deaths especially during farm when people are careless and most of the rest of the time it's all overheal anyway.

  9. #1049
    voidspark, thanks for the quick response... and will try what you say about Prism, EF during Laser Burn, stacking the CDs for shock blast. But am confused about 1 thing... you mentioned affording less SH stacks, but am in EF build. Could you explain?

  10. #1050
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizon View Post
    voidspark, thanks for the quick response... and will try what you say about Prism, EF during Laser Burn, stacking the CDs for shock blast. But am confused about 1 thing... you mentioned affording less SH stacks, but am in EF build. Could you explain?
    I was looking at your Protectors kill this week when you used SH for it (Linked the log I used above).

  11. #1051
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I was looking at your Protectors kill this week when you used SH for it (Linked the log I used above).
    Gotcha. I am giving up on the SH build. Just doesn't feel comfortable at all. Also felt strange swapping from SH to EF without re-forging, gemming, etc. Would you suggest keeping one style or swapping?

  12. #1052
    I wonder if the Guardian uses CD combo alone or all together?
    "My bad English"

    - - - Updated - - -

    The sacred shield is better stem or mastery?

  13. #1053
    Alright, usually running a r-shaman (about 553), got paladin to a respectable ilvl for SoO (537) but I'm a bit lost. I tried playing with a 32%~ haste/20% mastery build and that ran me out of mana (12k spirit) rather quickly and my hps suffered tremendously quite often. Tonight I switched to a mastery > haste build, but I'm not sure I'm running optimal yet. Looking to improve and hopefully you guys can help!

    For reference, I like EF and run 10 man, we're moving into heroics soon so I'd like to be up to speed on what I need to improve upon. I'll link my armory and logs from a few of this weeks kills. I forgot to ran logs and we had our spriest who usually does sit so a few people could get some kills in. I'm even a bit spotty on what a proper rotation/HP usage should be. Any help is tremendously appreciated!

    armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Stevemaizejr/simple

    logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zyuruj7zss69cxdq/

    Thanks!

  14. #1054
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuljimba View Post
    Alright, usually running a r-shaman (about 553), got paladin to a respectable ilvl for SoO (537) but I'm a bit lost. I tried playing with a 32%~ haste/20% mastery build and that ran me out of mana (12k spirit) rather quickly and my hps suffered tremendously quite often. Tonight I switched to a mastery > haste build, but I'm not sure I'm running optimal yet. Looking to improve and hopefully you guys can help!

    For reference, I like EF and run 10 man, we're moving into heroics soon so I'd like to be up to speed on what I need to improve upon. I'll link my armory and logs from a few of this weeks kills. I forgot to ran logs and we had our spriest who usually does sit so a few people could get some kills in. I'm even a bit spotty on what a proper rotation/HP usage should be. Any help is tremendously appreciated!

    armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Stevemaizejr/simple

    logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zyuruj7zss69cxdq/

    Thanks!
    You cant use EF with only 12k spirit. For EF the best way is get the haste breakpoint 7k~, 15-16k spirit and mastery/int

  15. #1055
    High Overlord Berianther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    You cant use EF with only 12k spirit. For EF the best way is get the haste breakpoint 7k~, 15-16k spirit and mastery/int
    That's not quite true. Problem is he tried to hit higher haste than he has spirit for. You should not have higher haste than mastery. In this case, I don't think he has the gear to hit the 7170 haste bp, so he should just have 3506 haste and stack mastery and spirit until he is comfortable. Personally I've never ran with spirit as high as 15k, 13-14k with a mana trinket is good enough. There is a good amount of debate on stacking int gems vs mastery gems vs int/mastery gems.

  16. #1056
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Personally I've never ran with spirit as high as 15k, 13-14k with a mana trinket is good enough. There is a good amount of debate on stacking int gems vs mastery gems vs int/mastery gems.
    This is pretty much the typical spirit point. I run with a relatively high amount of spirit compared to many of the other paladins I know and still seem to have mana managed appropriately, but it comes down to your raid group and playstyle also. Typically ~13k is where I see most.

  17. #1057
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Personally I've never ran with spirit as high as 15k, 13-14k with a mana trinket is good enough. There is a good amount of debate on stacking int gems vs mastery gems vs int/mastery gems.
    One thing to note for Zuljimba is that all these figures are with the Legendary Meta, so until you get that you'll need significantly higher spirit to compensate. I'd recommend you aim for the 15-16k point then lower it as you see fit (you'll have to gem for that much anyway). You'll probably have to stay at the 3.5k BP if you want to do 2 healer 10 mans w/o requiring an external mana source, until you get your Legendary meta.

  18. #1058
    Good night!
    I would like information on the cap stem Paladin with holy power uses EF as the dps and tank.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Sanguenta/simple

    Any help is useful

  19. #1059
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    One thing to note for Zuljimba is that all these figures are with the Legendary Meta, so until you get that you'll need significantly higher spirit to compensate. I'd recommend you aim for the 15-16k point then lower it as you see fit (you'll have to gem for that much anyway). You'll probably have to stay at the 3.5k BP if you want to do 2 healer 10 mans w/o requiring an external mana source, until you get your Legendary meta.
    So, I took advice on all fronts and changed to fit the needs of my gear, but something just isn't clicking! I'm not exactly sure why, but I sit around 60-80k hps and I should be pulling around 110k~ without cloak I'd assume?

    I'm not sure what my problem is here. I'm a fairly decent resto shaman, and I know paladin is a bit more complex than Shaman, but I just can't figure out what it is.

    I'm not sure if anyone took a gander but I posted logs up at my original post of about 3 kills, if anyone could take a peek and let me know how bad I am and what I could do to fix my problems, I'd really appreciate it, I'm grasping at straws here.

  20. #1060
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuljimba View Post
    So, I took advice on all fronts and changed to fit the needs of my gear, but something just isn't clicking! I'm not exactly sure why, but I sit around 60-80k hps and I should be pulling around 110k~ without cloak I'd assume?

    I'm not sure what my problem is here. I'm a fairly decent resto shaman, and I know paladin is a bit more complex than Shaman, but I just can't figure out what it is.

    I'm not sure if anyone took a gander but I posted logs up at my original post of about 3 kills, if anyone could take a peek and let me know how bad I am and what I could do to fix my problems, I'd really appreciate it, I'm grasping at straws here.
    I had a brief look at those fights. I am going to use the Iron Juggernaut fight as an example.
    You are using HolyLight/DivineLight/FlashofLight and Light of Dawn too much. Basically using DL and FoL not on the Beacon is very suboptimal and will hurt your HPS in the long run since you are not generating HP with that GCD and thus not generating enough EFs. Using LoD will cost you also.
    Your HS usage seems ok but could probably be a bit higher, but not by much.
    To me it looks like you are using you CDs without much thought. For IronJuggernaut especially. Phase one lasts about 2min. You could pop HA on the Pull and get some EFs rolling right away. When Phase2 starts you should have HA ready again and can pop all your CDs during that phase. Then its Phase one again and the next Phase two is exactly 3 min away so you have all your CDs ready again.
    A lot of fights have phases like that and you should plan your CDs accordingly. Some fights are a little simpler to figure out in that regard, others are not that cut and dry.

    Also you seem to bee using Lights Hammer for all those fights. I find HolyPrism to be the by far better choice for all those fights you logged. Especially Iron Juggernaut. Don't get fooled by the tooltip of 15yards. Most bosses have a huge hitbox and you will be able to hit a lot of targets. Putting down the hammer and hoping people will stay in it for 14 sec is rather hopeless on those fights at least.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •