Page 77 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
    I currently have a 525 Holy pally. I'm very new to healing. I use the selfless healer spec, and have been doing decent healing depending on the fight. I currently do not have the best gear for me, but I am working on that. My healing is usually up there with the other healers, unless they're really geared over me. I do around 50k-100k area depedning on the fight. Can you look at my current setup, i do need some enchants, but i'm waiting on better gear for some pieces. My spirit is around 15kish and my intel is around 17kish area. I do not have mana problems. I'm willing to take any advice in case if its needed.

Character: Pullover -stormrage
    Don't use JC gems for spirit, it is better spent on intellect budget wise although many use them for mastery as well. You are specced into SH which means that you can drop all your spirit and put those stats into mastery>haste instead.

Your glyphs are very strange. The glyph of illumination is a pure regen loss. The glyph of the battle healer is just really bad use of a glyph slot. You are also using glyph of protector of the innocent, while not a horrible glyph for EF it's quite worthless for SH. Look into glyph of beacon, lay on hands, hand of sacrifice instead.

Sanctified wrath is a bad choice of talent, both DP and HA is better, HA offers better control while DP is RNG, something we usually want to avoid, I'd reccomend HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    Don't use JC gems for spirit, it is better spent on intellect budget wise although many use them for mastery as well. You are specced into SH which means that you can drop all your spirit and put those stats into mastery>haste instead.

Your glyphs are very strange. The glyph of illumination is a pure regen loss. The glyph of the battle healer is just really bad use of a glyph slot. You are also using glyph of protector of the innocent, while not a horrible glyph for EF it's quite worthless for SH. Look into glyph of beacon, lay on hands, hand of sacrifice instead.

Sanctified wrath is a bad choice of talent, both DP and HA is better, HA offers better control while DP is RNG, something we usually want to avoid, I'd reccomend HA.
    Thank you for the help. so I take it that the EF spec requires 15-18k spirit, and haste then? I'm planning on staying SH, but may switch in the future. I will attempt to get my haste up more and keep my mastery around the 20% area.

Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
    Thank you for the help. so I take it that the EF spec requires 15-18k spirit, and haste then? I'm planning on staying SH, but may switch in the future. I will attempt to get my haste up more and keep my mastery around the 20% area.
    Both EF and SH use spirit to taste > mastery > haste as a basic priority. EF makes use of a couple haste breakpoints with the low one at 3506 and the next at 7170 which you might put between spirit and mastery. Mastery can be stacked to the sky and should not 'capped' or put behind random haste for any reason.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Heroic Spoils.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...ses&boss=71889

I just. I can't even explain how frustrated I am with this fight. I don't even know where I'm going wrong. So much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    Heroic Spoils.

I just. I can't even explain how frustrated I am with this fight. I don't even know where I'm going wrong. So much damage.
    You're not really doing anything wrong. Your DPS/Tanks are. More specifically, DPS is too low. On Mogu side, the longer the big box boss stays alive, the more damage he will do to you (eventually to the point he one shots everyone), which is what I saw was killing you guys on a majority of your attempts. But it mostly looks like low DPS is your guys issue.

Just make sure you save your CDs for the big boxes, make sure the wave hits sparks when you have the healer panda staff, and other than that, it's pretty much out of your control.
    Last edited by Hainiryuun; 2014-01-21 at 05:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    You're not really doing anything wrong. Your DPS/Tanks are. More specifically, DPS is too low. On Mogu side, the longer the big box boss stays alive, the more damage he will do to you (eventually to the point he one shots everyone), which is what I saw was killing you guys on a majority of your attempts. But it mostly looks like low DPS is your guys issue.

Just make sure you save your CDs for the big boxes, make sure the wave hits sparks when you have the healer panda staff, and other than that, it's pretty much out of your control.
    It's not about boss being up too long but the more statues there are up(spawned by the boss) the more damage the AoE will do. So tell your dps to kill the statues (or at least keep them under control so no more than 2-3 statues are up when AoE comes) and the damage is manageable. Use raid cds at the end and tunnel boss down (under 25% that is).

Also if you are starting at the mogu side remember to kill the statues before you change to mantid side. If you leeave statues up it buffs the mogu boss for other group on the other side.

Heroic Spoils.

Add positioning is very important for a healer in this fight. Pay attention and see if your tank is doing his job properly and bringing adds to the middle of the room to cleave(doubly so with the healer buff).

If he isn't and he's constantly sequestering himself in some remote end of the room and you have problems trying to cleave statues and the boss at the same time, you know who you need to nag at.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    But it mostly looks like low DPS is your guys issue.

We had a pug mage last night, and I don't think he was switching as much as he should. Hopefully it will be better this week with our normal guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Also if you are starting at the mogu side remember to kill the statues before you change to mantid side. If you leeave statues up it buffs the mogu boss for other group on the other side.
    This is an excellent tip. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Add positioning is very important for a healer in this fight. Pay attention and see if your tank is doing his job properly and bringing adds to the middle of the room to cleave(doubly so with the healer buff).

If he isn't and he's constantly sequestering himself in some remote end of the room and you have problems trying to cleave statues and the boss at the same time, you know who you need to nag at.
    That is what we decided on. Our tanks brother was watching the stream and kept yelling at him to pull the boss to the center(which he never did) and reminding me that my poor aim just lost us 6mil in damage.

Thank you everyone, I will keep this in mind while we tackle HSpoils next week. Now that we have some pointers, hopefully we can execute it better.

That is what we decided on. Our tanks brother was watching the stream and kept yelling at him to pull the boss to the center(which he never did) and reminding me that my poor aim just lost us 6mil in damage.

Thank you everyone, I will keep this in mind while we tackle HSpoils next week. Now that we have some pointers, hopefully we can execute it better.
    For about the first 3 or so kills, we did it in a way that the tank(at least on my side) was tanking adds in the far corner of the room and had to require 10 tries or so each week. Then we pulled to the center and one/two shot the fight ever since.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Armory link:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Cirrum/advanced

Basiclly I have returned to the game after a long time (cata time) and I am trying to adjust myself to the MoP holy paladin mechanics/features.
    I just have some plain questions I would like to ask:
    -should I go int gems or mastery gems (have tried both ways, still dunno thou).
    -how much should I focus on casting EF over LoD in the AoE raid healing situations.
    -should I go for the 7170 threshold.
    ...some tips for specific SoO fights would be much appreciated.

I am starting to raid 10m SoO HC up to Malkorok. I mainly heal along with rshaman and/or dpriest.

Thanks. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fyftee View Post
    Armory link:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Cirrum/advanced

Basiclly I have returned to the game after a long time (cata time) and I am trying to adjust myself to the MoP holy paladin mechanics/features.
    -how much should I focus on casting EF over LoD in the AoE raid healing situations.

I am starting to raid 10m SoO HC up to Malkorok. I mainly heal along with rshaman and/or dpriest.

Thanks. Cheers
    For 10 mans, EF is the way to go. Should not touch LoD 99.99% of the time.

Gear int until you reach Thok onwards, then use mastery gemming from there on.

Yes, go for 7170 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyftee View Post
    Armory link: http://www.eu.battle.net/wow/en/char...irrum/advanced

To expand a bit on Pos'

You should always go for socket bonuses, with the exception of Haste unless it'll get your cap easier (AskMrRobot can make this easier to figure out), and you may find that with the 3 healer +DPriest setup you need to go Mastery earlier, its all about how much overhealing you're able to do with Int and what the raid needs. Malkorok specifically benefits from Int gemming though, so as Pos said you may want to stay Int till thats dead.

You should be using EF to the exclusion of LoD, with the only points you want to use LoD being when those people WILL die before you can heal them by other means, or if you have the full 10 EF's rolling and none of them are significantly low duration yet (try to pool HP at this point though, only use LoD if absolutely necessary).

General rule I use for the 7170 BP, don't go for it if you need to gem for it except as I mentioned above, where doing one or two gems (Orange or Green) will be advantageous. Its not a very big difference honestly, and its best to try out the 3.5 and 7.1 BPs and see if you feel one is better than the other, and they're not exactly hard to switch back and forth from.

H protectors last night, our paladin hasn't played on his paladin much, could you review all this and tell us what you think? He's the lowest geared player but I feel he might be able to do more:

WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=3160&e=3470
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rooklyn/simple

Was wondering guys, for thok 10 man, whats the best way to heal as a holy paladin? Is it with SH LOD? Or simply EF ?
    Last edited by cszsolt3; 2014-01-22 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    H protectors last night, our paladin hasn't played on his paladin much, could you review all this and tell us what you think? He's the lowest geared player but I feel he might be able to do more:

On the attempt listed he used zero throughput cooldowns. They are extremely important as a pally. You have holy avenger, avenging wrath, divine favour and GoAK.

On a fight like protectors you can plan to use them in a desperate measures phase so first HA / 2nd AW & DF and GoAK and sacrifice for the fixates for example.

Holy shock usage is ok'ish 42 out of 52 possible and he uses Light of Dawn too much (use it if someone will die - otherwise leave it).

Gear wise hes missing his BS sockets and hes reforging to haste which is a big no-no. Theres 2 haste breakpoints of interest 3506 and 7170 (more HoT ticks) He's at 12k. He needs to dump a metric shitton of haste into mastery. That will up his illuminated healing (all pallies top heals) because it will increase the size of his mastery absorbs.

Holy Shock usage veryyyyyyyy low. 42 casts out of an optimal ~52 casts.

Holy Radiance usage low. Use a lot more.

CD usage non-existent, completely zero usage of it. Where's Holy Avenger, DF, AW and GoAK?

Glyph of Illumination is a net mana loss with his current spirit and gear. Do not want.

Glyph of Light of Dawn is a terrible glyph in 2 ways:
    1) It means he plans to use Light of Dawn when EF is slotted
    2) It's a big HPS loss to LoD anyway.

So many fundamentals not there, he's not even remotely close to doing 14/14N, much less heroic mode.

Deleted
    From the logs:
    He's using LoD more than he should - basically all of his HP should be going into 3HP EFs, unless something else is the only way to keep someone from dying.

He's barely using his throughput cooldowns. GAnK didn't get used once on all the protectors fights, and each of Holy Avenger, Divine Favour, and Avenging Wrath only got used three times over six attempts. Obviously it's worth thinking about when to use them for spike damage, but just rolling them on cooldown is a lot better than not using them at all.

His overhealing is very high. That may just be the more geared healers getting in ahead of him, but if you're wiping then it might well be a sign that he should slack a bit more in the quiet periods so have more mana to be able to HR spam in the heavier spikes.

From his armoury:
    12k haste is too much - the highest break point that's really worth going for is 10,987 but even that is almost certainly too much for his gear level, and 7170 would be more appropriate. Reforge the rest into spirit if he's struggling for mana (which seems quite likely at the level he's at), and mastery otherwise.
    Glyph of LoD is pointless, because he shouldn't be using LoD, and Illumination is generally a mana loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

So many fundamentals not there, he's not even remotely close to doing 14/14N, much less heroic mode.
    Try offering advice without the snarky put downs at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Try to mind your own business.

And it's true, this guy isn't ready for heroics, it's the non-sugarcoated truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    As much as I hate to defend Pos, try reading a few lines above what you quoted, he points out whats wrong even if he doesn't necessarily say how to fix it, to which theres not much point giving in depth advice because the Paladin himself needs to come and read it.