Page 79 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    Was actually mainly referring to the Immerseus fight with regard to HS usage. Only used it 46 times over a 8 minute fight which is way below what it was supposed to be. Should have specified that.

HA usage was off on Norushen, as well (Only 1 usage), but his usage of CDs on Immeseus (with the exception of Divine Plea) was nearly perfect.
    Ah, I assumed you'd stick to Protectors since its a very easy 'patchwerk' style healing fight, I could perfectly understand a little bit of a jenky (HS at least) Immerseus. On Immerseus he had around 75% efficiency, which is.. understandable, but not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Ah, I assumed you'd stick to Protectors since its a very easy 'patchwerk' style healing fight, I could perfectly understand a little bit of a jenky (HS at least) Immerseus. On Immerseus he had around 75% efficiency, which is.. understandable, but not ideal.
    I'm probably not factoring in his lack of haste enough, regardless, though. My thought process didn't get much farther than "I use HS ~75 times on a 8 minute Immerseus fight. 46 is absurdly low, needs to use HS more, what else is wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    She says she's gemmed for the 7k haste breakpoint and then int after that with spirit gems in places where it doesn't hurt her socket bonus. Should she be using int/mastery gems or going for a lower haste build (as EF that is)
    Its more that there isn't a flavour going through the whole gem set. You usually pick your poison of 320 Mastery/160 Int/320 Spirit and everything is gemmed around matching that, but she hits both 160 Int and 320 Spirits, with a little bit of 320 Mastery type practices in there. Doesn't necessarily mean shes gemming wrong, as going for a Spirit point that you're comfortable with may involve dipping into two styles, but her shoulders muddy the water a bit, thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    I'm probably not factoring in his lack of haste enough, regardless, though. My thought process didn't get much farther than "I use HS ~75 times on a 8 minute Immerseus fight. 46 is absurdly low, needs to use HS more, what else is wrong?"
    I tend to use a factor of 6 as a base then also do 5.5, I can't remember exact numbers but it gives you enough to ballpark it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Hey guys, my guild recently reached H Thok, and while progression is going well we are very lacking in the healing department. Our resto druid constantly sustains 220k-300k on this fight, and our shadow priest in his disc offspec anywhere between 150k-200k. However, our holy paladin is barely breaking 120k on most pulls. In addition, we were unable to rekill H Malkorok or H Spoils this week due to low healing (and people standing in orbs on Malkorok). We killed Spoils with a disc priest in 3 pulls after our paladin left last week, but wiped for hours when she was trying to heal it. Overall, she has been behind in healing all tier by a massive margin, and we often have to use people's healing offspecs on 3 heal fights since she can't keep up.

I'm linking logs from our reattempts at Malkorok and Spoils this week, they're pretty atrocious as far as raid awareness as well (this was not a good week for us), but I'd like any tips for our hpal as possible.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hrkmtjfpcvdoo27n/ - Malk/Spoils
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5nx0pgqlcihpi6mg/ - Thok progression, please ignore the normal mode tried, I'm not sure why those are showing up since we did not put the boss on normal mode at all…

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alibu/advanced - her armory if you have any gem/reforge/talent tips.

Thanks a lot guys.
    Healing numbers aside a LOT of your deaths are caused by lack of dispels. The debuff hurts a lot. It's here where your disc priest should shine (mass dispel), yet the dru did more dispels than the priest and pala.

Also, your pala tank should spec lights hammer too (and maybe even solo tank but not use divine purpose :P ) The healing lights hammer does at high vengeance is absurd, our pally did 7 m healing with it in one phase alone (2 uses of it), while your hpala deffo needs pointers all off heals help share the load and you aren't using all the tools available to your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Healing numbers aside a LOT of your deaths are caused by lack of dispels. The debuff hurts a lot. It's here where your disc priest should shine (mass dispel), yet the dru did more dispels than the priest and pala.

Also, your pala tank should spec lights hammer too (and maybe even solo tank but not use divine purpose :P ) The healing lights hammer does at high vengeance is absurd, our pally did 7 m healing with it in one phase alone (2 uses of it), while your hpala deffo needs pointers all off heals help share the load and you aren't using all the tools available to your raid.
    I'll bring up the dispels next week, we only made it to that phase a few times so I'm sure dispels were suboptimal as everyone was scrambling to kill the bats (we accidentally pushed really early almost every time we got to that phase because the bats were tearing everyone apart with their aoe). We also had our pally try solo tanking one pull but he got hit for twice his health in less than .03 seconds. I think I'm going to solo tank it next week since I had better luck with it (only died once and it was to fat fingering shield wall too early…) on my warrior and let the pally tank dps (his ret set pulls top 3 in damage in our raid when I solo tank fights and he can actually use it).

Just as a side note, most 10 man guilds push bat phase as quickly as possible, as it is easily the most dangerous part of the entire fight.

Deleted
    Just started raid healing on my Paladin. I'm pretty much happy with everything I just wondered how important it is to get Crusader Strike into my rotation to help with Holy Power generation? At present I'm pretty much doing HS HR HR HS/EF repeat.
    Last edited by mmoc08b5c04921; 2014-01-25 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davey767 View Post
    Just started raid healing on my Paladin. I'm pretty much happy with everything I just wondered how important it is to get Crusader Strike into my rotation to help with Holy Power generation? At present I'm pretty much doing HS HR HR HS/EF repeat.
    Its more important to get it out of your rotation, its a waste of a GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was talking to a few Holy Paladins and looking at some armories and all the ones I saw all the holy paladins had 12 - 14K Spirit and the ones I talked to where saying I had way too much so I decided to drop a ton of spirit and I was wondering. How in gods name are they doing it. I am going OOM faster than a 2 year old running around on cocaine o.0.

Armory in signature.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2014-01-26 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    So I was talking to a few Holy Paladins and looking at some armories and all the ones I saw all the holy paladins had 12 - 14K Spirit so I decided to drop a ton of spirit and I was wondering. How in gods name are they doing it. I am going OOM faster than a 2 year old running around on cocaine o.0.

Armory in signature.
    You're probably looking at their Spirit level in a vacuum, trinkets and raid composition make a huge difference to the amount of mana you need to sustain yourself. Not just talking about Priests or Shamans either, but the overall comp and how well it handles healing and how well it synergises with you.

In your specific case though, you don't have Dysmorphic Samophlange, which is almost ~2k Spirit on its own, so thats (imo) why you're not able to run the same Spirit that the others are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You're probably looking at their Spirit level in a vacuum, trinkets and raid composition make a huge difference to the amount of mana you need to sustain yourself. Not just talking about Priests or Shamans either, but the overall comp and how well it handles healing and how well it synergises with you.

In your specific case though, you don't have Dysmorphic Samophlange, which is almost ~2k Spirit on its own, so thats (imo) why you're not able to run the same Spirit that the others are talking about.
    I have the LFR Dysmorpic Samophlange in my bank. Should I use that over the Flex Nazgrim one?

Also I think I am gunna roll with it till next week and see how it goes on normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    I have the LFR Dysmorpic Samophlange in my bank. Should I use that over the Flex Nazgrim one?

Also I think I am gunna roll with it till next week and see how it goes on normal mode.
    Yes, the Nazgrim trinket is terrible. With your haste the LFR 0/2 DSoD is worth ~1750 Spirit with the 1.5k Int on-top of that.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-01-27 at 01:17 AM.

Hey guys. I've only been actively raiding with holy pally for 2-3 weeks after a few year break, so I have a lot of room for improvement I believe. We finally managed to down heroic malkorok, and while he is considerably better geared than me, I was beaten by a disc priest which I am not sure should be happening.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A7t/simple Armory
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11422&e=11781 WOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I equipped my LFR Dysmorphic Samophlange and my mana seemed better..

I'm gunna try and get it on flex this week and if it doesnt drop on normal mode ill try my luck at the bonus roll.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Hey guys. I've only been actively raiding with holy pally for 2-3 weeks after a few year break, so I have a lot of room for improvement I believe. We finally managed to down heroic malkorok, and while he is considerably better geared than me, I was beaten by a disc priest which I am not sure should be happening.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A7t/simple Armory
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11422&e=11781 WOL
    The priest is cheesing ToF, are you using all your cd at pull then using them again when the p1 is about to finish?

After playing a bit with my (relatively) new Holy Paladin, I'm still wondering about Selfless Healer vs Eternal Flame.

With SH, I feel like I can easily generate tons of HP, and thus, tons of Light of Dawn's for tons of AoE heals.

But with Eternal Flame, I have...a single target HoT, and my only HP generator being Holy Shock.

How exactly does one work with Eternal Flame? Is the HoT really powerful enough to make up for the lack of holy power from SH? (not to mention the instant cast and 60% extra healing it gives)

I've just come back from raiding after about 2 years off. I'm trying to figure out whether I'm doing what I need to with EF build (currently doing the HS HR HR EF thing from the 5.4 Holy Pally thread). Feel like I must be missing something since I'm being outhealed by our other holy paladin (SH) on most fights (yes he is slightly better geared):

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fnein/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3745&e=3975

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

But with Eternal Flame, I have...a single target HoT, and my only HP generator being Holy Shock.
    Holy Shock is not your only HP generator. You should be casting Holy Radiance at all times to generate HP.

And also, yes, the HoT is so powerful. At least in 10man where isn't 10 zillion hots around and raid is not full of priest bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    You should be casting Holy Radiance at all times to generate HP.
    But "casting HR at all times" will make me OOM in less than a minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But "casting HR at all times" will make me OOM in less than a minute.
    Okay, I admit my comment was a bit misleading. It should be cast holy radiance if holy shock is on cooldown, but by your own judgement. Playing EF build you don't mindlessly spam if it isn't necessary.

Also EF build requires a bit more spirit. I played the end part of SoO heroic with about 14k spirit which was quite nice amount and I didn't oom using just holy prism, holy shock, holy radiance and EF.