Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allisar View Post
    Question for the tanking CDs though: Ever since I got my 2 piece, I've been trying to use DP on cooldown. Should I keep that glyphed or unglyph it? Also, for the healing side of CDs, is there a certain process or order they should be used in?
    Encounter-based for all specs. A fight like Immerseus I'd go with no glyph. A fight like Nazgrim probably glyphed esp. as a tank almost all of your actual damage taken is physical. Malkorok obviously if you are solo soaking glyph is required. A fight like Garrosh you can leave it unglyphed. If you take both types of damage or better yet, if you don't really care? Err on the side of unglyphed and use another glyph esp. for Prot many glyphs are straight up throughput/DPS boosts.

While you asked about Prot this holds for all specs. Mostly you actually don't want the glyph because most SoO damage is magic, there is not a lot of threatening physical damage that is not armor mitigated this tier. Nazgrim is really one of the only exceptions, others include stuff like Thok (non-tanks only), Dark Shamans (non-tanks only). Every fight you should rethink your glyphs.

===

For healing CD's: Just get as many uses of them in as possible while trying to stack everything up for highest damage phases. For a fight like say Sha of Pride you can make sure everything is up ~20 sec before the final swelling pride (during Unleashed phase) then "extrapolate" backwards.

What fights do you heal? In honesty there are not many places where you can swap from a tank to a healer anymore (unless you are a 3rd tank and not a main tank, or unless you are having a DPS off-tank when you are short healers), I can only think of two fights where it's 10 man only. Even for Malkorok, you are usually better off simply 2 healing.

Malkorok: Use everything at the start, then use them again when they come back up (depends a bit on fight duration). Throughput CD's really are not very useful during Blood Rage (to be honest your tank either lives or he dies), so hold off until afterwards.

Thok: Use cooldowns during a Devotion Aura and preferably later in the phase than earlier.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-02-17 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

What fights do you heal? In honesty there are not many places where you can swap from a tank to a healer anymore (unless you are a 3rd tank and not a main tank, or unless you are having a DPS off-tank when you are short healers), I can only think of two fights where it's 10 man only. Even for Malkorok, you are usually better off simply 2 healing.
    My looking into healing is largely a contingency plan in case one of our healers flakes and disappears and we're unable to find a good replacement. Usually IJ (which I have all kinds of issues with), Dark Shaman (Bad, but not as bad as IJ). The only time I heal is when we're letting out DPS warrior get some practice in case we need to fill in on any given night, or when we're short a healer and have no other options but me to heal instead of tank.

And I agree, outside of Thok, we pretty much 2 heal the rest of the instance.

My looking into healing is largely a contingency plan in case one of our healers flakes and disappears and we're unable to find a good replacement. Usually IJ (which I have all kinds of issues with), Dark Shaman (Bad, but not as bad as IJ). The only time I heal is when we're letting out DPS warrior get some practice in case we need to fill in on any given night, or when we're short a healer and have no other options but me to heal instead of tank.
    Hmm. IJ. Pop 2 minute cooldowns at the start since they will be back up for the Siege Phase, then pop everything at the Siege Phase (this phase is 3 min apart so you should have all 3 minute CD's up for each one). You can stagger a bit if you need to per Shock Blast. You will be sitting on 2 minute CD's after the first siege phase for a minute which is fine.

Dark Shamans: You should be 3 tanking this fight anyway, and healing will depend on which group you are assigned to (Kardris versus Haromm). But you are far better off 3 tanking 2 healing than 2 tanking 3 healing.

And I agree, outside of Thok, we pretty much 2 heal the rest of the instance.
    For IJ like void said, use DF and HA on the pull, 3EF the tank, you, the offtank and the raid, focus on the people with the first round of fire debuff, always keep a 2-3hpEF in you all the time so you dont have to worry for the saw blade, 3hpEF in the people with the fire debuff and is important to swap beacon on the tanks asap. Siege phase is important that everyone is full hp for the first knockback, pop everything and use bubble for the second knockback. Make sure to use hand of protection if one of the tank is at low hp and he is doing mine, hand of protection and hand of freedom him asap if he is running to the boss.

Dark shaman, haromm group can be chaotic if they send a bunch of people and they dont use personal for the falling ash, the healing can be intense when the debuff have 10~ sec left and a falling ash is landing, i recommend using unbreakable spirit for this fight, DP each debuff when its only have 10 sec left. Hand of purity is useful when there is a bunch of people in that group. But if there is not enough people you will have the debuff 24/7. Kardris group is a cake, you just have to move a lot more dodging shit.

Dark Shamans: Haromm you want to make sure that you have a personal for each Foul Stream especially because in 10m you will most likely have it stacked with some Toxic Mist. If you have a high stack you will probably also need to bubble post-25%. You should save AM and your CD's for the post-25% Falling Ash + Foul Stream (extrapolate as needed to save mana, and burn mana when you don't have CD's for ash). You can use BoP for the first prisons if you have any. Most of your healing will be on yourself in this phase with the tanks really only needing healing on high-stack Frost Strikes during raid AoE (if your tanks are very good and geared, they will be able to mitigate most of that damage themselves). If you have melee with Haromm, you will (of course) be in charge of healing them too.

Kardris your main job is to make sure that you have Illuminated Healing (3 HP Word of Glory) for each Iron Prison and for those who do not have personals nor absorbs you will need to put externals on them.

Again really this fight should be 3 tanked regardless, so extra tank specs take a HUGE priority over extra healing specs. This fight can be 2 healed 3 tanked, but it's much harder to 3 heal and 2 tank it.

For 10H shamans it is a lot easier to

1) Beacon yourself
    2) Run Unbreakable Spirit(Purity is actually fairly terrible for this fight, the problem is never the dot, but the burst from falling ash or foul stream)
    3) Run EF
    4) DP a few seconds before falling ash
    5) Devotion Aura(low stacks)/Divine Shield(high stacks) whenever foul stream targets you directly
    6) Maintain EF on all 3 players
    7) Collect free loot

Edit:

And if you are doing the ranged group, it shouldn't even be a problem, it's so mind numbing easy as a shield class.
    Just pop a 3 point EF on people with 5 or less seconds on their debuff. Every class has their own personals. Slot Glyph of Divine Protection to aid your own survivability if you need. Save BoPs for emergencies.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-02-18 at 01:14 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Gear question: Normal belt "Great belt of living waters" or Heroic belt "Plate belt of the war-healer". Going as much mastery as possible so i'am not sure if using the crit belt is better even though it's heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Gear question: Normal belt "Great belt of living waters" or Heroic belt "Plate belt of the war-healer". Going as much mastery as possible so i'am not sure if using the crit belt is better even though it's heroic.
    The normal belt would be slightly better, yes.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Question to people who have done Heroic Thok! I'm planning to progress on it this week and roll with SH with mastery close to 55-57%. My spirit is gonna be somewhere around 9-10k and I'm wondering if I should replace my siegecrafter trinket with thok's trinket. I tried it before on normal (without dumping all the spirit) and the cleave did about 6-7% and we kept him forever in the first phase and obviously we will be pushing him to 28-29 stacks at at time on heroic. Overall, I'm not too impressed with it. Anyone has info on how useful that trinket is on heroic thok(10 man)? Is it worth taking it over siegecrafter's trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Question to people who have done Heroic Thok! I'm planning to progress on it this week and roll with SH with mastery close to 55-57%. My spirit is gonna be somewhere around 9-10k and I'm wondering if I should replace my siegecrafter trinket with thok's trinket. I tried it before on normal (without dumping all the spirit) and the cleave did about 6-7% and we kept him forever in the first phase and obviously we will be pushing him to 28-29 stacks at at time on heroic. Overall, I'm not too impressed with it. Anyone has info on how useful that trinket is on heroic thok(10 man)? Is it worth taking it over siegecrafter's trinket?
    I don't know if you are running 10s/25s so it's a little hard to be sure. If you are going to be able to cast on stacks of 5 people then, with an average of 18-20% uptime*, it may very well be worth it. But with being spread out for Heroic, if you are in 10s,with a range of 7yds** cleave is only going to hit 3-4 people, which generally leads me to believe it would be a loss from the static throughput int provides.

* average pulled from multiple parses using the trinket
    **taken from testing the trinket at various yds. Nothing proc'd for me outside of 7yds.

6-7% is a very good number for the cleave trinket. So yes, keep it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    I don't know if you are running 10s/25s so it's a little hard to be sure. If you are going to be able to cast on stacks of 5 people then, with an average of 18-20% uptime*, it may very well be worth it. But with being spread out for Heroic, if you are in 10s,with a range of 7yds** cleave is only going to hit 3-4 people, which generally leads me to believe it would be a loss from the static throughput int provides.

* average pulled from multiple parses using the trinket
    **taken from testing the trinket at various yds. Nothing proc'd for me outside of 7yds.
    Cleave is already better than multistrike if it hits 2 people, just FYI.

Deleted
    I run Thok trinket on Thok 25hc and it usually does 5% of my healing. For ranking it helps, for progress I would probably run with the extra mana just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Cleave is already better than multistrike if it hits 2 people, just FYI.
    It was between cleave and the 2k Int of DSoD (plus unlimited mana) though, not MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    It was between cleave and the 2k Int of DSoD (plus unlimited mana) though, not MS.
    On Thok it's really difficult to run out of mana if you run the optimal spirit+regen setup to not oom on other fights.

I tend to drop my DSoD on this fight for cleave precisely for this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 questions.

So I joined a 25 man Heroic guild that is 6/14 (Missed out Sha so we are progressing on that) and I was wondering should I go full time selfless healer in 25 man and just go all out mastery and forget the Eternal Flame Haste break points or keep 7170 haste and switch to EF on some fights. and if so what fights is SH better than EF and vice versa?

Also I got Heroic Gloves off of Protectors and I was wondering if I should upgrade them 2/2 and replace my Tier Gloves with them and replace my Flex Tier shoulders with Normal Mode Dark Shaman shoulders breaking my 4 set but I still keep 2 set? I was thinking that Pure ilevel might be better due to more Int and removing the 7170 haste I have I could get 45.25% Mastery with Kings and breaking 4 set right now with 4 set I have 39.22% Mastery

Also got Heroic Norushen Shield, sadly though, neither are warforged XP!

and finally... on Sha of Pride 25 HC we are doing the 4 groups split around the 4 prisons throughout the whole fight and my healing was REALLY low on that fight in particular on some attempts and I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to heal the fight with that tactic. I think it is because people are more than 10 yards spread a lot of the time so my Holy Radiance isn't healing as many people as it could be, on some attempts I was really high though. I did what I thought was good healing on Protectors and and Norushen (Wasn't last) was 2nd - 3rd but on Immerseus I Got beat as the blobs kept getting healed faster than I could do it so any tips for that fight is appreciated as well. Unfortunately I didn't log any of this as I was excited to be doing 25 heroic but I will start logging Sha if my heals are really low again.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2014-02-20 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    I have 3 questions.

So I joined a 25 man Heroic guild that is 6/14 (Missed out Sha so we are progressing on that) and I was wondering should I go full time selfless healer in 25 man and just go all out mastery and forget the Eternal Flame Haste break points or keep 7170 haste and switch to EF on some fights. and if so what fights is SH better than EF and vice versa?
    If your tank isn't dropping, SH is a good talent choice in general - just run EF for fights that are obviously bad for SH(such as Malkorok).

Also I got Heroic Gloves off of Protectors and I was wondering if I should upgrade them 2/2 and replace my Tier Gloves with them and replace my Flex Tier shoulders with Normal Mode Dark Shaman shoulders breaking my 4 set but I still keep 2 set? I was thinking that Pure ilevel might be better due to more Int. Also got Heroic Norushen Shield, sadly though, neither are warforged XP!
    If you are intending to run SH, then whichever combination gives you more mastery is better. Mastery is king for SH.

and finally... on Sha of Pride 25 HC we are doing the 4 groups split around the 4 prisons throughout the whole fight and my healing was REALLY low on that fight in particular
    It's a really dumb strat. Really.

and I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to heal the fight with that tactic. I think it is because people are more than 10 yards spread a lot of the time so my Holy Radiance isn't healing as many people as it could be, on some attempts I was really high though.
    If you really want to heal that strat, concentrate on rolling as many EFs as possible especially on people getting debuffed. Get a good addon which shows you how many targets Holy Radiance will hit; that should help too.

I did what I thought was good healing on Protectors and and Norushen (Wasn't last) was 2nd - 3rd but on Immerseus I Got beat as the blobs kept getting healed faster than I could do it so any tips for that fight is appreciated as well. Unfortunately I didn't log any of this as I was excited to be doing 25 heroic but I will start logging Sha if my heals are really low again.
    You should use GoAK whenever you see a good cluster of blobs(like 4 or 5). Pop GoAK after pooling 5 holy power, then spam EF and holy power generators away(don't forget to slot Beacon glyph for this fight to help generate holy power with FoL and DL).

HA is generally better used for the boss reform phase(or whatever it's called).

10+ Year Old Account
    If your tank isn't dropping, SH is a good talent choice in general - just run EF for fights that are obviously bad for SH(such as Malkorok).
    What fights would you guys say is bad? Also no matter what I do I will ALWAYS be at 3506 Haste (4060) with my gear so I will always have the first break point) (Ignore that I am an idiot)

If you are intending to run SH, then whichever combination gives you more mastery is better. Mastery is king for SH.
    Okay. Will do.

If you really want to heal that strat, concentrate on rolling as many EFs as possible especially on people getting debuffed. Get a good addon which shows you how many targets Holy Radiance will hit; that should help too.
    Do you know of any addon that will allow me to track that.

You should use GoAK whenever you see a good cluster of blobs(like 4 or 5). Pop GoAK after pooling 5 holy power, then spam EF and holy power generators away(don't forget to slot Beacon glyph for this fight to help generate holy power with FoL and DL).

HA is generally better used for the boss reform phase(or whatever it's called).
    What doesn't help is the other healers get to it first and heal it up way before I've finished my 3rd cast.

I am now torn between Going for more static mastery or burst mastery (I think I end up with more if I break 4 set) every 2 minutes. and if I should drop down to 3506 because I will be running SH most of the time.

EDIT: I am a tit. If I keep my 2 Tier items and reforge for mastery not 7170 haste I have more mastery than with the 2 off set items. rofl.

EDIT 2: So I just reforged all my gear to mastery and changed out the gems in my boots and rings for pure mastery gems as they gave spirit bonuses and I am at 3309 Haste and 48.35% mastery with Kings and 4500 Extra mastery every 2 minutes. Now what I want to know is should I just say "fuck the haste caps" and go all out mastery or get to at least 3506? Also I was looking at Aladyas gear on WoW Heroes (Armory is down yay) and they are only going for Socket Bonuses of 180 Int + is that something I should consider because doing that I could hit 51.59% mastery with Kings or stick to Int Mastery gems in red sockets?

EDIT 3: As it turns out the guild did log the fights...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=355&e=696

So yeah can you guys go over the logs and see what I was doing wrong because I REALLY wanna improve on these fights and as a 25 man raider.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2014-02-20 at 04:23 AM.

What fights would you guys say is bad?
    Malkorok is the obvious one, Dark Shamans(melee group), Nazgrim, Immerseus, Sha of Pride with the strat your raid is running, Paragons if your tanks need more healing.

Do you know of any addon that will allow me to track that.
    I use Vuhdo, which is inbuilt into the addon. Grid does it as well, but you need to download a separate modifier for that.

What doesn't help is the other healers get to it first and heal it up way before I've finished my 3rd cast.
    That means your guild isn't splitting up the healers efficiently. Find a spot where lesser healers are assigned and heal said areas.

I am now torn between Going for more static mastery or burst mastery (I think I end up with more if I break 4 set) every 2 minutes. and if I should drop down to 3506 because I will be running SH most of the time.
    SH is more about the sustained shielding over the burst shielding, so it's really up to you in this case.

EDIT: I am a tit. If I keep my 2 Tier items and reforge for mastery not 7170 haste I have more mastery than with the 2 off set items. rofl.
    You got your answer, then.

EDIT 2: So I just reforged all my gear to mastery and changed out the gems in my boots and rings for pure mastery gems as they gave spirit bonuses and I am at 3309 Haste and 48.35% mastery with Kings and 4500 Extra mastery every 2 minutes. Now what I want to know is should I just say "fuck the haste caps" and go all out mastery or get to at least 3506? Also I was looking at Aladyas gear on WoW Heroes (Armory is down yay) and they are only going for Socket Bonuses of 180 Int + is that something I should consider because doing that I could hit 51.59% mastery with Kings or stick to Int Mastery gems in red sockets?
    From what I know/IIRC, Aladya hates SH, and he has given good reasons for doing so, so I doubt he's running SH. There are no haste breakpoints for SH, just run as much as you can without dropping mastery.

Personally, the times I ran SH I completely ignored socket bonuses and slotted pure mastery gems all the way. Some of the best SH parses feature pure mastery gemming on the part of the user as well.

EDIT 3: As it turns out the guild did log the fights...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=355&e=696

So yeah can you guys go over the logs and see what I was doing wrong because I REALLY wanna improve on these fights and as a 25 man raider.
    SH is pretty bad for Immerseus, really. EF is so much stronger for topping up puddles.

For protectors, you are hitting so many casts of LoD while EF is slotted.

For Sha, you are running SH with that silly 4-way split strat. Good luck trying to hit the right targets with LoD.

P.S. Your pally partner suffers from similar pitfalls. Both you and Holypung need to ask yourselves whether SH or EF is more suitable for the specific strat your guild is running.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-02-20 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malkorok is the obvious one, Dark Shamans(melee group), Nazgrim, Immerseus, Sha of Pride with the strat your raid is running, Paragons if your tanks need more healing.

I use Vuhdo, which is inbuilt into the addon. Grid does it as well, but you need to download a separate modifier for that.

That means your guild isn't splitting up the healers efficiently. Find a spot where lesser healers are assigned and heal said areas.

SH is more about the sustained shielding over the burst shielding, so it's really up to you in this case.

You got your answer, then.

From what I know/IIRC, Aladya hates SH, and he has given good reasons for doing so, so I doubt he's running SH. There are no haste breakpoints for SH, just run as much as you can without dropping mastery.

SH is pretty bad for Immerseus, really. EF is so much stronger for topping up puddles.

For protectors, you are hitting so many casts of LoD while EF is slotted.

For Sha, you are running SH with that silly 4-way split strat. Good luck trying to hit the right targets with LoD.

P.S. Your pally partner suffers from similar pitfalls. Both you and Holypung need to ask yourselves whether SH or EF is more suitable for the specific strat your guild is running.
    I didn't talent into Eternal Flame the entire night I know not to be casting LoD when I have Selfless Healer talented, if you are looking at WoWHeros or WoWProgress as the Armory is down it may show I have EF but I dont. I switch to EF when doing 5 mans and stuff. I didn't cast it the entire night.

and I know there are no Selfless Healer break points what I was asking was if it's worth running 7170 with selfless healer for the odd occasion where I go Eternal Flame in 25 man or just go Full Mastery and even when running EF. OR should I run with Max mastery until we are doing those odd bosses where I run EF and quickly pop out and Reforge to 7170?

I did use VuhDo till I accidently formatted my Games HDD > > and I could never re-set it up how I had it before so I gave up and installed Grid +Clique.

Also why is SH Bad for Nazgrim o.0?
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2014-02-20 at 04:49 AM.

I didn't talent into Eternal Flame the entire night I know not to be casting LoD when I have Selfless Healer talented, if you are looking at WoWHeros or WoWProgress as the Armory is down it may show I have EF but I dont. I didn't cast it the entire night.

and I know there are no Selfless Healer break points what I was asking was if it's worth running 7170 with selfless healer for the odd occasion where I go Eternal Flame in 25 man or just go Full Mastery and even when running EF. OR should I run with Max mastery until we are doing those odd bosses where I run EF and quickly pop out and Reforge to 7170?
    Why would you slot SH to cast Word of Glory? It's terribly inefficient and gimps your output. EF is so much better.

You don't have to reforge to 7170 haste(or any haste breakpoint) just to heal in EF, just FYI, although it definitely helps slightly.

If you focus on SH, build your EF build around your SH build, and work around swapping between regen and throughput trinkets rather than reforging every single fight(unless you are rich).

Edit: The biggest part(s) of healing Nazgrim is 1) tank healing 2) topping up the people with the physical DoT

It's a joke fight so you can basically run whatever you want, but EF is optimal for achieving both objectives. Warsong(and by extension Ravager blade) should never activate if the fight is executed properly.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-02-20 at 04:53 AM.