Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I didn't respec to SH when I had to . My healing boosted big time!

Deleted
    Do you guys have any sort of way to ensure your HR always hit more than two targets? I very seldom use DL on targets that are not my beacon, since it doesn't generate any holy power. Very often it feels like I'm losing a lot of healing only hitting one.

Sometimes I try to position myself close to others and HR myself, but that kind of feels counter-producticve. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousFunk View Post
    Do you guys have any sort of way to ensure your HR always hit more than two targets? I very seldom use DL on targets that are not my beacon, since it doesn't generate any holy power. Very often it feels like I'm losing a lot of healing only hitting one.

Sometimes I try to position myself close to others and HR myself, but that kind of feels counter-producticve. Any tips?
    Well the best way I find myself going about this is make sure your are healing people who are stacked, thiis sounds obvious but there are little tricks. Like for instance on Fallen Protectors you can focus on healing melee since they will always be on the same target. Or on Norushen is always going to be completely stacked, so as long as the other raiders are doing their job properly then you should be ok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misslehead3 View Post
    Well the best way I find myself going about this is make sure your are healing people who are stacked, thiis sounds obvious but there are little tricks. Like for instance on Fallen Protectors you can focus on healing melee since they will always be on the same target. Or on Norushen is always going to be completely stacked, so as long as the other raiders are doing their job properly then you should be ok
    Yeah, healing the ones stacked are kind of obvious. The problems come when people need to spread due to certain mechanics such as shit on the grounds etc. Do I heal the one dropping to 50%, which I can't keep track of if he's stacked anymore or do I walk into some people and heal myself, or do I heal him with DL (which feels repulsive in my head, since it's such a slow heal without any holy power generation)? This is the thing I think about the most during fights. Also, I'm falling more and more behind my shammy mate on the HPS (we're about the same iLvL), and still it feels like he only have to do healing rain + healing stream totem.

@NotoriusFunk: You're going to sit behind a shaman on the healing meters if he's good. If you're pretty close to his numbers, you're fine.

As for someone who drops to 50%, just drop an Eternal Flame on him and focus the HR in the melee.

Hi, first post ever so here we go.. (sadly can't post direct links yet)

I'm healing heroic 25mans currently 8/14, I'd like to think that I'm doing relatively well but just looking for some advice for pushing myself to that next level of healing. Keep in mind that this is my first tier of "serious" raiding (last tier was my introduction to raiding on a priest) and yeah. I've read some of the other posts/replies and we're downing bosses so I can't possibly be screwing up that much but just thought I'd give this a shot.

Here's my armory and some logs of last night's raid.

Any tips are welcome and feel free to add me to btag if you want to talk there cab#1142.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2014-03-12 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Links added

I recently made the switch from Eternal Flame to Selfless Healer, I have a question. Should I consider using Divine Purpose over Holy Avenger, for the extra holy power procs? I'm thinking the free holy power will be a plus, when using SH... But would like some insight from the pro holy paladins using the SH rotation atm. TY

10+ Year Old Account
    Use HA. This tier is all low damage phases and then burst phases. Having a controllable cooldown is superior to procs.

Deleted
    I'd like some tips on my healing, I feel like I am not really performing to my full potential so any tips/tricks would be great. Currently EF spec but I'd be open to trying another spec if it is better.
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/48wtm6cy5lx83a6g/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mipal/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    I'd like some tips on my healing, I feel like I am not really performing to my full potential so any tips/tricks would be great. Currently EF spec but I'd be open to trying another spec if it is better.
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/48wtm6cy5lx83a6g/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mipal/advanced
    Your cooldown usage is pretty universally low, and your Holy Shock usage could be a little bit higher given your 7170 BP, avged at just over a 6sec CD and ideally it should be the high 5's. Difficult to analyse properly though as you're missing from the most static fight in there (Protectors), the others have so much downtime or potential log derps that its difficult to analyse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Your cooldown usage is pretty universally low, and your Holy Shock usage could be a little bit higher given your 7170 BP, avged at just over a 6sec CD and ideally it should be the high 5's. Difficult to analyse properly though as you're missing from the most static fight in there (Protectors), the others have so much downtime or potential log derps that its difficult to analyse.
    yeah my cd usage pretty much sucks, it's something i'm trying to work on. I just got the 7170 breakpoint after that raid so I'll see tonight if my avg holy shock usage goes up. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paylor View Post
    Hi, first post ever so here we go.. (sadly can't post direct links yet)

I'm healing heroic 25mans currently 8/14, I'd like to think that I'm doing relatively well but just looking for some advice for pushing myself to that next level of healing. Keep in mind that this is my first tier of "serious" raiding (last tier was my introduction to raiding on a priest) and yeah. I've read some of the other posts/replies and we're downing bosses so I can't possibly be screwing up that much but just thought I'd give this a shot.

Here's my armory and some logs of last night's raid.

Any tips are welcome and feel free to add me to btag if you want to talk there cab#1142.
    Gear: Your reforging is "wrong", if you're SH like on armory you should be dumping your spirit into more pure throughput stats (mastery or haste depending on what the item already has), and if you're EF you should aim for either 3506 or 7170 haste (with raid haste buff). The haste number you're at now is a 7th tick of Sacred Shield, which you're not specced into so it's a waste. The glyph of Light of Dawn is horrible, get another glyph, like lay on hands, or divine protection (if the encounter involves physical dmg).

Logs: Spell breakdown is fine on some fights, and then some fights you're still specced EF but use a whole lot of Light of Dawn, when you're specced EF you should rarely ever touch LoD. You could work on your cooldown usage some, look at how long the encounter typically lasts for your raid and plan your cooldowns accordingly for burst damage phases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaza View Post
    You're going to sit behind a shaman on the healing meters if he's good. If you're pretty close to his numbers, you're fine.

As for someone who drops to 50%, just drop an Eternal Flame on him and focus the HR in the melee.
    I'm not "pretty close" he's usually 10% (or more) over me, even on fights like Norushen where I get of perfect HR's at all times. I don't have the legendary cloak yet though, which he have. Not sure if that makes a lot of difference.

And as to your healing advice, often in those kind of situations I don't have 3+ HP, which means I have to generate it in some way, by either healing my beacon with DL ooooor doing HR on some target which might not be stacked and that feels like a big waste of mana.

I feel so forced to use HR in certain situations to generate HP, even if I don't know if it will hit more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousFunk View Post
    I'm not "pretty close" he's usually 10% (or more) over me, even on fights like Norushen where I get of perfect HR's at all times. I don't have the legendary cloak yet though, which he have. Not sure if that makes a lot of difference.

And as to your healing advice, often in those kind of situations I don't have 3+ HP, which means I have to generate it in some way, by either healing my beacon with DL ooooor doing HR on some target which might not be stacked and that feels like a big waste of mana.

I feel so forced to use HR in certain situations to generate HP, even if I don't know if it will hit more than one.
    You're better off sticking to HR on the melee if your options are 100% overheal (or close) HR vs DL on the beacon for most fights. Unless you're going to get the full healing off from the DL you'll end up being more useful by HRing, with Earth Shields/Various HoTs/Beacon Splash etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    Gear: Your reforging is "wrong"
    Hey, thanks for the advice. As far as the gear reforging goes though I was just messing around in LFRs so kind of get the hang of the rotation.

Just a question about pure mastery vs int/mastery gemming
    any real reason why i should favour one or the other or is the difference marginal thats its just a personal preference?
    i raid with a shammy and druid as the other healers hence why i went with SH for 10m as i think i should be compensating for lack of shields

heres my armoury
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ifonn/advanced

plz excuse some items
    i use to main a hunter, but i had to replace a healer/dps who got a bit burnt out from raiding mid tier
    ive been passing on a lot of healer gear for our main healers too, so the its the best i got atm

for those wondering why im using a str trinket is cos i either use nazgrims or VP one as sha wont drop his one
    and same goes with offhand as norushen wont drop his shield and i was using a flexi shield prior to the heroic OH

Thx

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just got Thoks acid grooved tooth to use when Selfless Healer Spec in my 25 man Raids with Prismatic Prison and I have just under 10k Spirit and I feel like that is kinda too low. I am using Divine Plea at 80% mana and then on CD from there on.

Armory is in my Signature.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2014-03-18 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    So I just got Thoks acid grooved tooth to use when Selfless Healer Spec in my 25 man Raids with Prismatic Prison and I have just under 10k Spirit and I feel like that is kinda too low. I am using Divine Plea at 80% mana and then on CD from there on.

Armory is in my Signature.
    Reforge into more spirit or use the Blackfuse trinket.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here tried using Purified Bindings + Prismatic Prison of Pride together?

Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Anyone here tried using Purified Bindings + Prismatic Prison of Pride together?
    It works, but you're losing a huge amount of effective Spirit, for not a huge gain.