Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The EF blanket working on Garalon without the pvp 4 piece it's just not as crazy. The biggest key to being efficient with it is making sure that you're keeping your beacon target and your EF targets in range for full beacon transfer. When I did this on normal it meant I was sort of running around outside the pile since I had the current pheromone target beaconed and range was something I had to keep good tabs on.

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Hmm. That's a pain. Would take me a while to get the conquest points for the decent set. Would the loss in stats to go to the honour set as well be worth it?
    The 4pc PVP set not only leads to more EFs, but it also reduces your mana usage by quite a bit.

To build 3 HoPo the cheapest way while still maintaining heals is to use HS 3x over 18s, 12s with tier. The problem with this method is obviously the 18s, 12s with tier. That's when you add DL or HR into the mix. HS is roughly 9k mana, so 27k mana for the first method, and now we're going to HS, HR, HS over 7 seconds for 38k mana. Much faster HoPo generation, much higher mana usage.

Now, throw 4pc into the equation, not even including DP procs. You go from using 27k min to get an EF out, to 18k min. An automatic 33% less mana usage.

DP procs add 1 HoPo so often you're only using 9k for an HS to get another EF out.

So yes, downgrading to the blue 4pc PVP is worth it (almost sadly.)

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Most pallies use pvp 4pc to achieve the high parses with EF blanketing.
    EF blanketing is a very efficient method of tank healing as well.

You have your beacon target, which switches between the tanks throughout the fight.
    EF on Beacon target = 10-20k a tick ~3 seconds.

Assuming you're maintaining EF hots to heal the raid, with DP it's not unreasonable to assume you'd have 10 hots rolling.
    10 EF hots = 10k-20k = 100k-200k ~3 seconds
    Beacon target x 10 = 50k-100k every ~3 seconds.

To get this Hots, you're ganna need to cast EF.
    Each EF cast ~6 seconds = 70-160k
    Beacon target = 35k-80k

You're looking at
    Total Healing: 45k - 93.3k Latent Hps
    Beacon: 42.5-86.6 Latent Hps

So before your HoPo Builders + DP procs, you're looking at a massive amount of healing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Will certainly try going for that next pull. How many holy powers are the cool cats using? Full powered? If so I assume either DL on beacon or radiance to help generate between Shocks?

Most of the time when I've set up a blanket I've used Holy Avenger, so not sure the best way to do it for Garalon.
    With the EF+4pPVP setup, you'll want to go with DP over HA. Essentially, 4pc and DP will work together as a combo. Since DP gives you a free EF as if it cast with 3HoPo, it procs the 4pcPVP and you receive another free HoPo. On Garalon last week, I proc'd 73 HoPo. I was in charge of keeping Pheromone targets up and I still pushed 90k hps.

You could still use HA + EF, but it would be far more situational, such as blanketing the raid in P2 Wind Lord during Rain of Blades.

10+ Year Old Account

Holy Paladin Questions (WoL provided)

Our Holy Paladin is constantly under the impression he is making a mistake or not doing things right despite constant excellent performance, so at his constant daily request he wanted me to post his logs and armory so other people can judge him and correct him if he requires it, so I will throw them at you guys:

Armory

World of Logs (Latest)

Today was just an easy night for us due to the holiday week, so no real heroic progression on Feng and we didn't do Garalon (saving him for Monday), however, feel free to look at other days and judge based on that. Thank you for your time.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Seems fine to me. Is there anything in particular he's struggling with, according to himself?
    1. He is topping healing done all fights I looked at
    2. People generally don't die

Last point I wanna make is that, even if for some reason he feels his HPS is low on boss kills, he should realize that there is only a certain amount of damage done to the raid he can heal.

It's easier to search for improvement where they're needed (a.k.a. progression fights). The only thing I could say is that he could use his cd's more often. Specially if he's specced into the double usage of before triggering cd talent. But then again, when it's not needed... Why would you?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Seems fine to me. Is there anything in particular he's struggling with, according to himself?
    1. He is topping healing done all fights I looked at
    2. People generally don't die

Last point I wanna make is that, even if for some reason he feels his HPS is low on boss kills, he should realize that there is only a certain amount of damage done to the raid he can heal.

It's easier to search for improvement where they're needed (a.k.a. progression fights). The only thing I could say is that he could use his cd's more often. Specially if he's specced into the double usage of before triggering cd talent. But then again, when it's not needed... Why would you?!
    That is what I told him. My point is "if nobody is dying and we are killing things, healers are fine." But thank you for confirming that.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

4pvp set > non pve 4 set ,its god mode in 10 and 25

also he could use int flask/food cuz he will be spamming eternal flame must of the time

0 crusader strikes , lots of wasted holy power since he is already at mele range ,also if he got the pvp set he could drop light of down in most cases and just keep eternal flame on the entire raid,but crusader strike is a must for the pvp 4set.

edit:as long as people stay alive and him not having mana issues i dont really think it matters that much
    Last edited by Xnon22; 2012-11-21 at 11:30 AM.

I'd use a pure Spirit gem in the boots instead of the Spirit/Mastery gem, because the haste socket bonus isn't really worth it.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Our Holy Paladin is constantly under the impression he is making a mistake or not doing things right despite constant excellent performance, so at his constant daily request he wanted me to post his logs and armory so other people can judge him and correct him if he requires it, so I will throw them at you guys:

Armory

World of Logs (Latest)

Should really level JC, or better yet swap to a new second profession and level that.

Need to upgrade gem in shoulders.

Plea and spirit trinket useage is relatively good. Throughput CD's could be used more. Also I noticed he very rarely melees. I'm pretty sure he is standing in melee at some points and just forgetting to autoattack boss. Even if you only get a few white swings in between casts thats extra mana regen at no cost.

The other minor thing that might be worth mentioning is that he didn't use divine protection at all. Personal defensive cooldowns can be quite powerful and it quite likely would have prevented his death on Feng this week.

Generally takes little unnecessary damage (with the exception of Will).

Obviously he is healing more than enough for where you're at. He might feel insecure simply because he isn't close to getting ranked. If he really wants more HPS he should use eternal flame more, whether with or without pvp 4set. And even then disc priests are pretty hard to rank with atm if they are played correctly, but I didn't really look at your disc/holy priest.

Oh, and most importantly I like his name ;D.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-11-22 at 01:52 AM.

[Holy] Tsulong Tips !

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2831&e=3293

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Iver/advanced

We were able to kill after a few tries, but my healing was not what I expected. I saw plenty of Paladin healers topping logs and I do pretty well on all the other fights. I used the 4pt pvp set on the kill, and I also tried without it (the gear on my armory).

I guess I'm doing something wrong on the Day Phase, because until the first one I'm always on top.
    Any tips?

you standing infront of the boss and getting hit by the day breath? it increases your healing by 500%!
    not sure but i think it also gives some mana back. atleast it looked like that in LFR one moment your nearly oom suddenly ya got 30-40% mana...
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    you standing infront of the boss and getting hit by the day breath? it increases your healing by 500%!
    not sure but i think it also gives some mana back. atleast it looked like that in LFR one moment your nearly oom suddenly ya got 30-40% mana...

Yes I am, that's not the problem. I'm pre-casting DL to have it casted right after the breath hits me. And I cast a 3-HP Eternal Flame on the boss and flood Divine Light until the buff is over. Then I EF Blanket the raid as much as I can while having the Beacon on the boss. Still only managed to get 49k HPS.

kinda odd....
    i managed to hit 80K hps.

and all i did was channel his ass and spamm my flash heals. and doing the 3chi heal right before it expired.

sadly i'm a disc priest noob. but maybe holy would be better for the fight? guardian spirit would give a really nice healing boost to the boss
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    kinda odd....
    i managed to hit 80K hps.

and all i did was channel his ass and spamm my flash heals. and doing the 3chi heal right before it expired.

sadly i'm a disc priest noob. but maybe holy would be better for the fight? guardian spirit would give a really nice healing boost to the boss
    i like how you talked about monk and priest heals in a paladin forum.

Quote Originally Posted by neepz View Post
    Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2831&e=3293

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Iver/advanced

We were able to kill after a few tries, but my healing was not what I expected. I saw plenty of Paladin healers topping logs and I do pretty well on all the other fights. I used the 4pt pvp set on the kill, and I also tried without it (the gear on my armory).

I guess I'm doing something wrong on the Day Phase, because until the first one I'm always on top.
    Any tips?
    It sounds like you have the right idea - did you make sure to use CDs?

All I did was:
    During day phase put beacon on boss, make sure you dispel him straight away, you can either direct heal him with DL/HS/EF (easier to do if more healers) or blanket EF the raid.

The most important thing for getting high numbers is that you want to stack your cooldowns to do as much healing as possible in the 6 seconds after each breath. Holy shock to pre-load an IoL proc, then guardian/wings/df spam DL and then lay hands.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/11h5b...?s=9293&e=9695
    Could actually have done a bit better on the Tsulong healing but we were 2 healing so I had mana issues.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-11-22 at 04:30 AM.

I guess I have to work on the cooldowns a little bit more. Will try on the next cooldown and I'll report here.

Thank you!

(PVE) Holy help needed.

Hi there, our guild is currently struggling to make progress with our healing core. We can't seem to find the issue so we're
    hoping that the forums would be able to.
    Any logs from NOV 14th on would be best, as that's when our healing core is together as one was on vacation.
    I'll be making an individual post in each class forum for each one, so if you have knowledge of another class feel free to help out!
    Any advice and/or opinions and are extremely appreciated. Just want our raiders to play to their full potential.

Thank you very much for your time!!

If having issues with the links, our guild is Insomnia on the Kel'thuzad server. And our paladin is Pârâmount

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/206342/ Logs

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mount/advanced Armory

Took a quick look at the armory and a few things stood out to me, The pally need to replace the enchant on his gloves, and he can get a better shield from H Scholomance. Another big red flag is his gemming, yes spirit is great but they are losing output by ignoring some of the socket bonuses (shoulders, chest, pants), a few pieces of armor are in need of reforging: both pants and belt are missing Spirit. You should also replace the pvp ring, your lossing more then your gaining both spirit and mastery wise. Spec wise, it really counts on the raid build, HA is good but seeing as how low his spirit is I would suggest DP just because of the amount of free heals they will be able to get.

After taking a look at the log I notice a few things, they are casting flash of light way to often, that shouldn't be an option unless your doing something wrong and you have the glyph to increase the next heal done after FoL.

I do hope this helps, most of this just comes from experience on playing my own holy pally.

Oh ok i'll pass that on. Thanks for the reply! Is there anything else rotation wise that you happen to notice? Any advice is very appreciated.

There is no rotation for healing :P. But i did notice some things but there are some basic rules as a pally healer, always keep Holy shock on CD, same goes with Divine Plea. Work out who should pop want and when for phases where theres ton of damage. A bit of advice that i've notice is it's better to pop DP when you have gotten to certain points of mana, like with the amount of spirit your paladin healer has i would suggest 250-260K to pop it so that he gets the the most out of it (by that i mean more pleas in the fight and also the most amount of mana regen threw out the fight), has he gets more and more geared the lower he can go and still get the same result. Atm my own pally is at 10.5K spirit and almost 12K mana regen, and i can pop it around 235-240ish mana.

Oh and if he does go with Divine purpose, it doesn't matter what he casts WoG/Ef or LoD at, they will all have a chance to proc DP.

~~ Looked at your 6/6N MSV clear on the 20th of Nov.

Preparation
    - Use spirit meta
    - Gem for socket bonus
    - Enchant mastery to gloves instead of haste
    - Ditch herbalism for a better prof
    - Reforge belt and pants

Playstyle
    - Holy shock more. Holy shock is one of the most important spells (generates holy power, does amazing healing, costs very little) and should be used on cd. Has a 6 second cooldown so should get 10 per minute. On Elegon last week (9:17 duration) he only used it 30 times, thats 62 potential holy shocks missed.

- Flash of light less. You only want to FoL in an absolute triage emergency. Its very inefficient.

- This is more of a playstyle choice but you'll almost certainly get more hps if you eternal flame more and light of dawn less. You've specced into it so you may as well use it more. EF is insanely strong. You used it pretty well on WotE and Elegon but not on the other fights.

- Use your trinket more. The most you ever used it on any fight on 20-11 was twice. Should be able to get more out of it than that, you are missing out on mana regen. Same goes for Divine Plea. Only one use of plea on Dogs/Will and on Feng you didn't use it all.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-11-27 at 03:20 AM.