Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
56
106
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by LAww_WWW View Post
    Im still using the 4p pvp bonus and im starting to lose ground on our other holy pala that is using 2 t14, what am i doing wrong?( trying to keep 3 HP EF on everyone)
    The fight i linked is with our monk that died after a few mins in the fight so he had crap mana after which should have meant i should have been alot higher on HPS, but i didnt, still 20k-ish behind top healers on that fight

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13384&e=14102

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/Laww/simple

    Take WoL with a grain of salt. A lot of times people get boosted to rank. And if WoL doesn't change soon as more Asian guilds start parsing you will see them being the only ones ranking because they get to raid 10m and 25m, as well as higher ilvl gear available to them.

  2. #102
    I'm confused where you're getting your HPS rankings. Are you comparing yourself to your two tanks? I would look at HPS(e) if you are placing such a important emphasis on numbers. The HPS effective will actually take into account active time. Healers should be active >90% of the time, I'm guessing it means actively casting a healing/absorb spell while tanks and other DPS will be much lower. They might have higher HPS because their spells will heal or absorb more than yours but they're not able to keep them up 100% of the time like healers. I think it's unfair for yourself to be comparing against them.

    On the topic of your monk dying...he might have used mana pots or something else to get his mana up and conserved it. Typically, at your level of gear, mana regeneration keep you at a pretty consistent level or be more than you're using during most times, while most of the mana gets used during heavy damage. He died like 4 minutes into an 11 minute fight and you're doing 20M+ more healing than he is which is 2/3 of his healing.

    The t14 vs PvP gear issue has been talked to death by now. I still maintain if you adjust your play style to utilize better the increased stats you get with t14, you will still beat or perform consistently with pvp gear. Maybe you could show a log of you healing with that other paladin.

  3. #103

    Holy Paladin Healing Help

    Hey guys,

    I have a Holy Paladin but I'm having trouble keeping up with the other healers in my guild as far as healing output goes.

    Our healing comp is Paladin/Disc Priest/Monk

    From what I've heard, my actual output is going to be lower with a disc priest, but I still feel that my healing is pretty awful. Can anyone take a look at my logs and try to give me some tips to help me out? Thanks!

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ey2cc62y11ymdqzi/

    Here's my dude's armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A5chi/advanced
    Last edited by Afterwind; 2012-12-30 at 10:43 PM.

  4. #104
    Afterwind--

    quick looking at all night-

    1. You waste 231 globals on judge. which does nothing.
    2. Only 10 divine lights all night, but 73 flash of lights?
    3. You only used your racial by my count 13 times and only 3 pots.
    4. Your gems/chants/reforging looks good.

    I'm figuring you don't seem to have mana problems overall and you guys didn't have but a few wipes on what looks to be farm content. I'd say you are overall a serviceable healer. But given that, you do have areas for improvement. I'm sure other holydins could give better tips as I stopped healing early into this content to switch to my monk, looking specifically at the garalon fight I have a couple things.

    1. You never used your t6 talent at all. Had you used even holy prism on this fight for mana-free healing on the melee your hps would have been a bit better off.
    2. Your guild seems to be tight on the enrage timer, but I'm sure they can find a way to get 1/2 mil dmg on boss in exchange for your almost a 1/3 of your mana bar.
    3. You only popped wings once, on a 7 minute fight, could have had 2-3. You didn't use your t5 talent at all. Just think if you changed it to divine purpose how many mana free Eternal flames you could have thrown out. You also didn't seem to pop guardian or divine favor at all!
    4. Doesn't look like you bop'ed other healers. If you didn't know, you can use double bop's to help prevent damage on this fight since it's physical. Won't show up on healing done, but your raid will thank you. Also Divine shield looks bugged out on WoL with it being up for over 300 seconds!
    5. Another tip, since you don't seem to be moving your beacon on this fight, you can swap out that glyph for blessed life which might give you a few holy power.

  5. #105
    thanks for the tips Wonton. Would these help me do better than parsing in the lower 10% of pally healers on most fights? I know wol is skewed a bit as well, but I would think upper 70% should be the norm for a good healer, or am I way off base?

  6. #106
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Afterwind View Post
    thanks for the tips Wonton. Would these help me do better than parsing in the lower 10% of pally healers on most fights? I know wol is skewed a bit as well, but I would think upper 70% should be the norm for a good healer, or am I way off base?
    Parses aren't that accurate especially for normal modes (you'd have to solo heal them to really parse). But 22% overhealing is a little low on Spirit Kings, considering you could be doing significantly more throughput.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=3059&e=3496

    On Will you should use DF + Wings for the Titan Gas phases (on heroic, I'd think to use it after a dance phase ends).

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Afterwind View Post
    thanks for the tips Wonton. Would these help me do better than parsing in the lower 10% of pally healers on most fights? I know wol is skewed a bit as well, but I would think upper 70% should be the norm for a good healer, or am I way off base?
    You're playing with a disc priest, aka a massive hps sniper, so you're going to automatically be worse than any team without a disc.

  8. #108
    Mostly, you really have to abuse the norms to get a high rank as a healer. Ie, ppl take more damage than they are supposed to or you use less healers than normal. If you're raid is progressing well and heals isnt the problem, I'd feel good about myself even if i was the "low" hps healer in the raid.

  9. #109

    new holy pally need help for aoe healing

    As topic says, I just came to pally class 2 weeks ago, after grinding heroic dungeon i start to raid casually
    But with what I experienced so far, my raid healing is far behind the other healers, I normally use 3 hp for LoD
    If we need aoe heals, also sometimes use HR+HS for a smaller amount of heals! So plz give me some advices on this, before I post, I also looked up on icy vein but not help much! Im not trying to beat every healer in every scenario but just improve my performance and l2p the class better! Thank you

  10. #110
    That's all we really have for aoe healing, the trick is getting good raid frames to know when (and on who) you should cast holy radiance. A lot of the time, since we have no good tool to heal a spread out group, I'll just holy light people :\

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by preciousx View Post
    As topic says, I just came to pally class 2 weeks ago, after grinding heroic dungeon i start to raid casually
    But with what I experienced so far, my raid healing is far behind the other healers, I normally use 3 hp for LoD
    If we need aoe heals, also sometimes use HR+HS for a smaller amount of heals! So plz give me some advices on this, before I post, I also looked up on icy vein but not help much! Im not trying to beat every healer in every scenario but just improve my performance and l2p the class better! Thank you
    Do you have an armory link or a link to a log on worldoflogs?

  12. #112
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hor/Xss/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I only switch out Holy Prism for Hammer, depending on the fight.
    Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/205649/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Looking at my HPS numbers compared to WoL ranked numbers, I seem to be fairly low.

    I'm looking for somebody look over my Holy Paladin logs to try and offer me some insight in something I'm doing incorrectly, something I'm doing right, or something I can be doing better. After looking through worldoflogs.com and seeing the Holy Paladin rankings, I feel like my numbers aren't up to par with what I'm looking at, and I was hoping to get some answers why.

    I would link specific logs, but most people I run into seeking help seem to link their "best" logged fights. Therefore, I'm going to link my guilds log page and you guys can pick and choose which fights you want to look at, therefore I can get more accurate criticism.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hor/Xss/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I only switch out Holy Prism for Hammer, depending on the fight.
    Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/205649/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Looking at my HPS numbers compared to WoL ranked numbers, I seem to be fairly low.

    I'm looking for somebody look over my Holy Paladin logs to try and offer me some insight in something I'm doing incorrectly, something I'm doing right, or something I can be doing better. After looking through worldoflogs.com and seeing the Holy Paladin rankings, I feel like my numbers aren't up to par with what I'm looking at, and I was hoping to get some answers why.

    I would link specific logs, but most people I run into seeking help seem to link their "best" logged fights. Therefore, I'm going to link my guilds log page and you guys can pick and choose which fights you want to look at, therefore I can get more accurate criticism.
    When comparing yourself to the rankings, remember that a huge portion of the top rankings are from before the pvp 4p/DP nerf - nearly all top Garalon logs, for example. I've linked some of my own "good" logs for comparison, as well as a few comments about each fight. I'm not sure how useful my logs will be since my gear is mediocre and I'm using the pvp 4p, but oh well

    Protectors - you're 3 healing a fight that's pretty easily 2 healed
    Tsulong - your healing during night phase seems fine, but a druid should not be doing more burst healing than you during the breath. Pop all CDs (including guardian) and spam heal the boss for those 5 seconds. You should also switch your beacon to the boss since it will provide 100% effective healing. I generally spam holy light on the raid between breaths.
    Lei Shi - Not much to be said here, we 3 heal it, mostly because the tanks dont swap as often as they probably should.
    Sha - herp derp blizzard please fix logging range on boss fights

    Stone guards - nothing to say really
    Feng - My only comment here is look how much more healing my group requires than yours -_-

    Anyway, generally you're only going to get a really high log if you 2 heal, your group takes a bit more damage than it should, your other healers are underperforming, etc.. There are only a few fights that are great indicators of performance, and most of those require you to 2 heal and require the second healer to underperform to REALLY test your skills. Your healing breakdowns seem fine (it looks like you have the pve 4p and a lot of mastery) so I dont really have anything to comment on there.

    In terms of asking for help, try posting a log of a fight in which you feel you're struggling to heal - not just low compared to WoL, but actually having difficulty keeping people alive.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post

    Tsulong - your healing during night phase seems fine, but a druid should not be doing more burst healing than you during the breath. Pop all CDs (including guardian) and spam heal the boss for those 5 seconds. You should also switch your beacon to the boss since it will provide 100% effective healing. I generally spam holy light on the raid between breaths.
    I asked druid how he gets so much healing during day phase..He said he gets about 7 instant Regrowths off during the buff. I get about 2 divine lights. Our druid is also only dispelling Tsulong. 2 players get the debuff. I obviously can only dispell one, so depending on the timing of the breath, I find myself trying to keep up the player that I couldn't dispell instead of getting an extra divine light off on tsulong.

    Also, we 3 heal a lot of fights for comfort. Our DPS is extremely good, and we rarely hit enrages, so we 3 heal just for comfort.

  15. #115
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,239
    Hey, now I'm looking for some tips on (heroic) Will of the Emperor 10m, mainly just how to better manage mana and cooldowns throughout the fight. This is the log of our last (well, also my first) fight, and I felt I could have done a lot better in both.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vt...=10790&e=11480


    Wondering mainly which are the best abilities to use (I had awful DP procs, and it didn't seem the raid was grouped together often, since out of "burn" phases I didn't get much out of Holy Radiance). My assignments were specifically to focus the paladin tank, then the rogue (soaker), and then the raid, but I wasn't really sure how to best use cooldowns and stuff. Also my mana was hurting for most of the fight (say, by the time the first burn phase came), so I'm wondering how to better conserve it.

    Also, would I get more mileage from Light's Hammer? Again, it did seem the raid wasn't really grouped a lot of the time (soakers around, and both melee and ranged clumps).

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    I asked druid how he gets so much healing during day phase..He said he gets about 7 instant Regrowths off during the buff. I get about 2 divine lights. Our druid is also only dispelling Tsulong. 2 players get the debuff. I obviously can only dispell one, so depending on the timing of the breath, I find myself trying to keep up the player that I couldn't dispell instead of getting an extra divine light off on tsulong.

    Also, we 3 heal a lot of fights for comfort. Our DPS is extremely good, and we rarely hit enrages, so we 3 heal just for comfort.
    This is a fight where you should probably respec to EF, I also respecced to Holy Avenger to pad my heals but that was for the lols >:P. If you make sure you have 5 HP going into the breath phase, you can put EF on the target of the debuff, DL, put EF on the boss, DL, and throw light's hammer down if you pop all of your cooldowns. DF gives you haste for more EF ticks, GoAK gives you haste for more EF ticks, wings gives you more healing. You could pop an int pot during this if you really want to try hard. During the rest of the day phases, you can probably DL rather than HL but this depends on your gear. Just make sure you save divine plea for the beginning of the night phase. On the following breaths, make sure u have 5 combo points ready again before and try to get two EFs up with a DL in between and a HS if your time is about to run out. During day phase, you should be able to get two light's hammers off.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    I asked druid how he gets so much healing during day phase..He said he gets about 7 instant Regrowths off during the buff. I get about 2 divine lights. Our druid is also only dispelling Tsulong. 2 players get the debuff. I obviously can only dispell one, so depending on the timing of the breath, I find myself trying to keep up the player that I couldn't dispell instead of getting an extra divine light off on tsulong.

    Also, we 3 heal a lot of fights for comfort. Our DPS is extremely good, and we rarely hit enrages, so we 3 heal just for comfort.
    Leaving one person debuffed while you heal tsulong with the breath buff shouldnt be particularly challenging - its only 5% of their health per second. You're right though, that druids have a spammable high HPCT ability and we don't really. I guess theres no reason a druid shouldnt be able to heal just as much as a pally on most of the breaths. Still, on one of them, you should have guardian up to double your healing.

    Not saying theres anything wrong with 3 healing, just that its hard to gauge your performance when you aren't putting yourself in demanding healing situations.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 07:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Hey, now I'm looking for some tips on (heroic) Will of the Emperor 10m, mainly just how to better manage mana and cooldowns throughout the fight. This is the log of our last (well, also my first) fight, and I felt I could have done a lot better in both.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vt...=10790&e=11480


    Wondering mainly which are the best abilities to use (I had awful DP procs, and it didn't seem the raid was grouped together often, since out of "burn" phases I didn't get much out of Holy Radiance). My assignments were specifically to focus the paladin tank, then the rogue (soaker), and then the raid, but I wasn't really sure how to best use cooldowns and stuff. Also my mana was hurting for most of the fight (say, by the time the first burn phase came), so I'm wondering how to better conserve it.

    Also, would I get more mileage from Light's Hammer? Again, it did seem the raid wasn't really grouped a lot of the time (soakers around, and both melee and ranged clumps).
    I have zero experience with heroic will but I can tell you that you can get a lot of mileage out of beacon swapping.

    Also, good lord you need a trinket, and why on earth did you upgrade your gloves before your weapon?

  18. #118
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    I have zero experience with heroic will but I can tell you that you can get a lot of mileage out of beacon swapping.
    Yeah, I had it on the tank I was assigned to, but he actually took a lot less damage than I expected (or you could say, played very well that night). Maybe the soaker would be a better beacon target?

    Also - If you've healed normal will, the main difference is that the titan gas is now out 100% of the fight, so there's no gas phases. Instead, we have add-killing phases, where as on normal, you kill adds that spawn titan sparks which do a good chunk of damage to rogue soakers (unless they cloak). Dance phase is longer, but the tank damage between the dance phases is much higher. Then just as in normal, when there would be a gas phase, you just get a break where no adds spawn, the raid stacks in melee/range piles, and you burn the boss.

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Also, good lord you need a trinket, and why on earth did you upgrade your gloves before your weapon?
    Popped coins on Tsulong weekly (or 2), I get belt, boots, the bagall of that. Probably should coin Will, I didn't rate the trinket high initially since it's more sporadic with throughput, but come to think, I could really use an on-use trinket for progression (*cough* Tsulong).

    I went for the BiS-first route for VP upgrading, mainly since my character is rather new (I dinged it to 90 a little over a month ago), so I was already way behind on obtaining VP for the tier. Probably not the best idea, in hindsight, but I have replaced a ton of loot in that month which would have been a lot of wasted valor.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-04 at 01:33 AM.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Yeah, I had it on the tank I was assigned to, but he actually took a lot less damage than I expected (or you could say, played very well that night). Maybe the soaker would be a better beacon target?
    Yeah on normal will there's hardly anything to heal so its hard to make a comparison, but what I mean by beacon swapping is not just beacon a different target, but constantly swap your beacon throughout the fight. It depends on which tank setup you're running as well, since for example our primary tank is a blood DK and their spiky self-healing turns my beacon into overhealing quite often. Sometimes I swap my beacon to funnel EF hots into someone at low HP even if have no intention of actually casting a heal at that point. I'm not sure of the throughput difference between the beacon healing from divine light and the healing value of a holy power from tower of radiance, but it seems pragmatic to beacon swap for divine light fairly often as well. Especially if only one person in the raid needs heals, then of course its a no-brainer.

  20. #120
    Hey Guys and Gals

    I am a Tank by trade with a Holy off-spec. Last night I got my first chance to heal in a Guild raid environment and wanted some constructive feedback. I'm including my armory link, but please understand I only have off-spec opportunities on raid gear that no one wants or they already have it. The rest has been coming from LFR and the occasional Valor item when I didn't need to spend it on Tanking gear.

    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imina/advanced

    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o8...?s=6277&e=6835
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •