Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosse View Post
    Looking for help on Heroic: Will of the Emperor, Currently i had to sit out for my guild's heroic will kill due to the fact i was having low hps,and if i had high hps, tanks got low health,even low enough to kill them. I never got a real chance to stop and relax and regen mana, healing on fumes after first "No add" phase at 491.
    I'm guessing you're doing 10m (as opposed to 25m). Basically, you'll have two direct targets to heal (usually) - your tank, and probably a soaker. The rest of the raid should just be healed through radiance/EF/light's hammer. The tank should not need incredible amounts of healing during the dance - if he does, he should be replaced. Otherwise aside from the occasional miss he should be fine, and you can use that moment to regen mana, then rotate cooldowns during the regular phase. He shouldn't need stacked CD's unless he missed a dance.

Other than perhaps wasting too much VP on gear/normal mode upgrades, I don't see an issue with your armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I'm guessing you're doing 10m (as opposed to 25m). Basically, you'll have two direct targets to heal (usually) - your tank, and probably a soaker. The rest of the raid should just be healed through radiance/EF/light's hammer. The tank should not need incredible amounts of healing during the dance - if he does, he should be replaced. Otherwise aside from the occasional miss he should be fine, and you can use that moment to regen mana, then rotate cooldowns during the regular phase. He shouldn't need stacked CD's unless he missed a dance.

Other than perhaps wasting too much VP on gear/normal mode upgrades, I don't see an issue with your armory.
    I don't know if you've ever done the fight on 10m HC, but here goes. You shouldn't have "your tank". I have always been healing the tanks and myself on my own without any issues after the first 2 kills. I use EF, clemency, HA and LH. First of all, keep EF up on both tanks and yourself, then the soakers (we have a rogue doing most of the soaking, so whenever he is in range i'll throw him an EF. Tank healing should mostly be HS/HL with a few DL (i have maybe 8-10 on an average kill), LH when you find a couple of people stacked up. Use double sac with divine shield and glyphed plea during dance phases.
    Don't use radiance. It is by far the worst spell on the fight since you will never have more than two people within 10 yards except for the intermission phases where healing is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    I don't know if you've ever done the fight on 10m HC, but here goes. You shouldn't have "your tank". I have always been healing the tanks and myself on my own without any issues after the first 2 kills. I use EF, clemency, HA and LH. First of all, keep EF up on both tanks and yourself, then the soakers (we have a rogue doing most of the soaking, so whenever he is in range i'll throw him an EF. Tank healing should mostly be HS/HL with a few DL (i have maybe 8-10 on an average kill), LH when you find a couple of people stacked up. Use double sac with divine shield and glyphed plea during dance phases.
    Don't use radiance. It is by far the worst spell on the fight since you will never have more than two people within 10 yards except for the intermission phases where healing is a joke.
    I was working on tossing out DL spam during their transition to the back of the room on our paladin tank(beacon keeps our DK tank alive) However, even that that usually wasnt enough during the transition...it took FoL spam until the first dance to be able to have some breathing room, and by that time my mana was nearly drained.

I was working on tossing out DL spam during their transition to the back of the room on our paladin tank(beacon keeps our DK tank alive) However, even that that usually wasnt enough during the transition...it took FoL spam until the first dance to be able to have some breathing room, and by that time my mana was nearly drained.
    Try GoAK + DL? That's what I was referring to with cooldown rotations. Throughput CD's and Sac's.

Maybe you should be putting beacon on your paladin tank so you can at least get the holy power from divine light/flash of light on him. I've done the fight on heroic and I don't think it's utterly ridiculous to have one healer primarily concentrate on one tank with the common knowledge that you wouldn't be restrictively healing one person but primarily concentrating on one person while trusting your other healer to keep the other tank up. One of the problems in my guild was that the protection paladin was still not knowledge about his skills and talked to him about that. After that his damage intake was a lot more manageable. Cast cancelling on divine light will help you out a lot on his fight if he is taking spikey damage. Set yourself up for success by using getting as many eternal flames out there during the dance phases so when you go back to the tank for when the boss is hitting, you already have a good amount of incoming hots to help your healing out. Try to store up some holy power in case you need that emergency heal once the boss phase starts. I would also recommend using the sac/divine shield during when the tank is getting hit by the boss not during the dance phase.

In terms of improving your HPS, this is a fight where beacon swapping is going to help your HPS during the time when the tank is doing the dance. You can swap it to one of the soakers or rotate it around to whoever is low. The ranged in your raid can help out by stacking up close to the healers. There are several points in the fight where I can efficiently throw up holy radiance to hit minimum of 5 people. Except for the courage and if any sparks are getting too close to the middle, all of the other adds should be controlled and far away but still close enough for the ranged to hit them without moving from the center. As was mentioned, Light's Hammer as often as you can on the place where people are supposed to stack, it will contribute to a lot of your healing.

Yeah, I think he did mean to use sac/divine shield when there isn't a dance up, just it wasn't worded right (using it during the dance is just stupid). I'd really save the bubble-sac for if you need the bubble (lots of damage all around), or if your tank got hit by the dance, otherwise sac + DP will work alone.

Why is it so stupid to have one healer per tank? Both tanks take extremely predictable damage spikes (non-dance phases), so it works well having one healer on each focus the tank during the non-dance while healing his soaker, and tossing heals on the raid in between during the dance.

And as Monikasun pointed out, you'll almost always have 3 people stacked up, at least: You, the other healer, and at least one ranged DPS, if not more.

During the transition during the back of the room i'm using BoP+sac,and i've talked it over with my current prot paladin tank,and hes rotating through cooldowns as well...It's mainly until the first time the adds stop attacking i'm having issues..after said event im having no problem keeping tanks alive however i am burning through all of my mana using maximum throughput heal with FoL until that "no adds" phase happens. I've been using also LoH during that time because of the low health points he's reaching while transitioning. It's not the fact of keeping the tank alive now, i can do that, but it burns through my mana so quickly that im healing on fumes by 48%...which just isn't acceptable

Is your boss mob getting hit by the spark when it's blowing up? Else I don't see a good reason for why you have issues keeping up your tank until the first no-add phase as nothing has changed on the boss's part. One thing that helps a lot and you guys might already be doing this is if your tanks call out the end of the dance mini-phases around 8-9 stacks so you can be prepared for the boss damage. I know you can at least get one cast of divine light off instead of flash of light if you know what's coming. Do you have any kind of world of logs link?

Deleted
    Looking for help on Heroic: Will of the Emperor, Currently i had to sit out for my guild's heroic will kill due to the fact i was having low hps,and if i had high hps, tanks got low health,even low enough to kill them. I never got a real chance to stop and relax and regen mana, healing on fumes after first "No add" phase at 491.

I can't help but think that it has to be my spec build for low hps and mana problems. However,unfortunately,i cannot post any links to my armory at the moment due to my low number of posts. I am Thegreatness of U.S.-Durotan Currently, im sitting at 491 IL.
    I 2-healed H will 10man with 482 ilvl and PVE 4p (lfr). So gear is not the issue, and your "build" is optimized. Your mastey is pretty decent and you just lack your bracer enchant. EDIT : Y U NOT USE relic of GHI'JI ? scroll of reverded ancestors is a load of crap in comparison. get that OP card and your mana regen will be much, much better.

beacon the tank who takes the most damages (I have a DK and a pala. I beacon DK first, and when I see his big fat blood shield, I swap beacon to the paladin<- becaus he will get more direct DL and I need those HoPos).
    ALWAYS use a cooldown between Combo strikes! This is the only moment where tanks get damaged. I use my guardian first, the Divine Favor and the AW, then HA, etc..

You can use Glyph of Beacon of light to quickly swap beacon, get your ass out of range of the tanks to heal the raid DURING the combo strike dances (your tanks must never fail anyway if you want a kill), and quickly run back just before the end of the dance. I use HA to get th raid fully EF-blanketed and throw a few Holy lights.

Never cast Divine light on the raid, except the Strength "tank" and if you do, always cast it on a beaconned target (use a macro /cast Beacon of light /cast Divine light so that you continue to build HP).

Use Lay on hands glyph as well as unbreakable spirit. Use you lay on hands early on as a MANA-regen CD, you will be using it twice and 20% mana is not negligible.
    Use Divine plea/potion of focus right at the beginning of the combo strikes dance while you run to the raid. Use Light's hammers on casters (they should be packed!).

Don't hesitate to use your hand of sacrifice on one of the tanks if you have little to no CD in-between dances for the tanks.

Use your hand of protection on caster focused by Rages/strength if someone screw-up, but should not happen unless you focus bosses at the end of the fight.

Don't die on courage's sparks : your bubble on a 2.5min CD should do it if you fail to move out of the way, or need to stay in place to keep the tanks up.

If you have any specific question, feel free to ask, but yes, it is a very straining fight on healers, that's why it is so good to heal
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-02-06 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Why is it so stupid to have one healer per tank? Both tanks take extremely predictable damage spikes (non-dance phases), so it works well having one healer on each focus the tank during the non-dance while healing his soaker, and tossing heals on the raid in between during the dance.
    Maybe we do the boss differently, but we tank the bosses at the stairs and soak the sparks asap close to the wall, so two healers on tanks would involve quite a lot of movement. And I've been solo healing the tanks since our first kill with every other healer we had in our roster since then (everything except monk).

When the bosses come out we usually lust (we did it on our first few kills to have multiple lusts, now we just do it because we are used to it I guess) and I pop HA. I salv myself to reduce the chance of getting the death grip debuff of one of the bosses and run with the tanks spamming HS/WoGs. You could aswell have your tanks pop a cooldown or so.

The key to Will of the Emperor on heroic is triage. You want to triage the ranged, and keep them at around 60-70%, as they are never in danger of dying instantly. Your tanks should roll CDs between the combos. You should have a melee dps tank Emperor's Strength to the side. Have one healer each watch a tank, and communicate when you are running out of range.

Deleted
    tanks are the paladin role if you go on Will.
    your friend can help (shields, hots....) but should never be worried about them.

Keeping the raid at 40-70% is more than enough. Just help to top-off players about to soak with reduction CDs (and no immunity).
    The tanks are only to be taken care of between dances and the raid is not to be fully topped-off. Otherwise you will ruin your mana pool for nothing.

Hello paladin forum! I'm here to try to help a fellow healer. We have recently switched from 10 mans to 25 mans (normal). She does just fine in 10 mans, but in our 25s she is finding it hard to keep up in healing and with mana. She is forged to crit because she is usually a tank healer. I've suggested that she forge to mastery. However, I'm shabby on the specifics of paladin healing. Could you please help us out and suggest ways for her to be better?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xhuan/advanced

Spirit Kings WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=3170&e=3599

Any and all help will be welcome. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    Hello paladin forum! I'm here to try to help a fellow healer. We have recently switched from 10 mans to 25 mans (normal). She does just fine in 10 mans, but in our 25s she is finding it hard to keep up in healing and with mana. She is forged to crit because she is usually a tank healer. I've suggested that she forge to mastery. However, I'm shabby on the specifics of paladin healing. Could you please help us out and suggest ways for her to be better?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xhuan/advanced

Spirit Kings WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=3170&e=3599

Any and all help will be welcome. Thank you!
    First things first : critical strike is worthless. RNG and poor scaling makes it the worst stat. Mastery is king, and proof is : even by reforging away all her mastery, Illuminated healing is still her first healing source! so go for mastery, no questions asked.

Then, CD usage : 2 avenging wrath on a 7min fight. She could have used 4. No use of Divine favor, no use of Guardian. 3 divine plea out of 4 possible.

So now, spirits kings is not a very healer-straining fight, especially in normal mode, but there are 2 options for her to improve : reforge to mastery and use her cooldowns.

Hey Jordaen! Nice to see some Frostmane representation.

I'm currently in a 10 man guild and we run 2x Holy Paladins and 1x Disc Priest for heals. Healing is generally not an issue, but I feel like I could be putting out better numbers. I've gemmed for mostly spirit and mastery and all my reforges are to mastery.

One issue I've been thinking about is what to do during extended periods of minimal raid damage. I usually just cast HS on c/d to build up charges and then EF someone if I cap at 5. Should I be 1-2 charge EF blanketing the raid?

So...I can't post any links yet:
    Armory: Fiftycal, Frostmane-US

Any way for me to direct people to WoL?

Here are some links for your help:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/character/frostmane/Fiftycal/ - Armory
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/245490/character/ - World of Logs By Character

In my downtime, I typically do the same thing you do since I like to bank my holy power charges along with HL random players. Just keep in mind if you do 1-2 EF blanket that the proc chance for DP is less the less charges you have.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    First things first : critical strike is worthless. RNG and poor scaling makes it the worst stat. Mastery is king, and proof is : even by reforging away all her mastery, Illuminated healing is still her first healing source! so go for mastery, no questions asked.

Then, CD usage : 2 avenging wrath on a 7min fight. She could have used 4. No use of Divine favor, no use of Guardian. 3 divine plea out of 4 possible.

So now, spirits kings is not a very healer-straining fight, especially in normal mode, but there are 2 options for her to improve : reforge to mastery and use her cooldowns.
    Thank you kindly! I'll pass the word along to her about the CD usage and reforging to mastery.
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

@ Jordaen
    Avenging wrath is on a 3 minute cooldown so max is 3 times. Her cooldown usage does need improvement but correctly using them isn't going to improve her healing to the amount it should be.

-Her holy shocks are at 43 in a 7 minute fight. She doesn't have the 4 set, but she still has a potential 70 HS. Using HS on cooldown will generate you a lot more HP to use EF on the raid. If she can get around 55-60 holy shocks, she will be in a much better place.

-Her red sockets are socketed to INT, my advice is to socket these to int/spirit or int/mastery or if the socket bonus is anything less than 60 simply socket spirit. I believe she is overgeared for N Spirit Kings, but in harder content, I believe she will need the spirit more.

-There is something very wrong with her beacon. Is it actually on the tank? My gut feeling seeing that it's only doing 5% of the heals is that it's not. Make sure the beacon is on the tank. In some fights she can swap the beacon around to heal other members but this is primarily a tank heavy fight so there's no real need to change it. Still, make sure it's actually on the tank...

-Maximize the use of arcing light in the first boss of this fight, but make sure to continue using it through the fight. Should be doing a lot more than 1M in 25M.

-She specced into eternal flame so she should be using it a lot more, trying to maximize her holy power by using HR/HS or DL so she can EF more raid memebrs will help out her HPS a lot. If she's delegated to tank healing, then sacred shield is not a bad bet either. Regardless if she specs into the skill, she should use it.

-As the previous poster said, reforge to mastery not crit and if possible, get the darkmoon card. It's a thousand times better than jade figurine.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    @ Jordaen
    -Her red sockets are socketed to INT, my advice is to socket these to int/spirit or int/mastery or if the socket bonus is anything less than 60 simply socket spirit. I believe she is overgeared for N Spirit Kings, but in harder content, I believe she will need the spirit more.
    We did some fights in Terrace and HoF Thursday night but unfortunately we didn't get those logged. While we cleared MSV easily, the other fights were more challenging for our other healers. Myself and the disc priest did just fine, but everyone else who did well in MSV lagged behind severely in the other two. I think with the info that you gave me here, she would do much better, so thank you!

Hi all,

Relatively new paladin attempting to get more into raiding and while I've only done the first four bosses of the expansion so far on Normal and the rest so far in LFR, I'm starting to experience troubles and have noticed my healing figures on the metres are lagging noticeably behind. To put it simple, I think currently I suck...

My biggest issue I've found is that if I start using Radiance much for AoE healing then I'm going out of mana extremely quickly, so I've tended to restrict myself for the majority of fights to single target healing, Holy shock, using charges and single target heals. In 10 mans, I was trying to slip some AoE healing into it but again, mana issues.

Am I simply doing things wrong, or am I just experiencing the result of crap gear?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Wains/simple

Really getting frustrated with my pally right now and thought I'd try here before considering an alt heh. Between that and the guild I was joining to start raiding bleeding members, my WoW isn't in the best of places right now.