-enchant your gear
    -reforge max to spirit and then to mastery
    -change talent selfless healer to eternal flame
    -change talent Execution Sentence to Light's Hammer
    -take glyph of divinity - give a lot of mana when use lay of hand

We have a lot more aoe than just holy radiance
    -Light's Hammer - cheap strong healing - but people need to be stacked
    -LOD - no mana cost
    -holy avenger - just generate holy power with holy shock or crusader or holy radiance and spend LOD every time - big strong heal even when people are not stacked
    -eternal flame - if you know that big dmg is coming just try to put eternal flame on as many you can with 1 holy power each and when aoe start you will have less to heal
    -after holy radiance ypu will got passive daybreak that make holy shock also heal aoe, so always holy radiance then holy shock

When you got mana problem
    -use potion of focus during fight - wait for time where is no dmg and call it to other healer
    -use divine plea on cd
    -geam pure spirit
    -use spirit enachant on chest
    -use spirit flask and food
    -gear more, go arena for free items 483

Read guides on forum, check world of logs, watch few movies on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    Hi all,

Relatively new paladin attempting to get more into raiding and while I've only done the first four bosses of the expansion so far on Normal and the rest so far in LFR, I'm starting to experience troubles and have noticed my healing figures on the metres are lagging noticeably behind. To put it simple, I think currently I suck...

My biggest issue I've found is that if I start using Radiance much for AoE healing then I'm going out of mana extremely quickly, so I've tended to restrict myself for the majority of fights to single target healing, Holy shock, using charges and single target heals. In 10 mans, I was trying to slip some AoE healing into it but again, mana issues.

Am I simply doing things wrong, or am I just experiencing the result of crap gear?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Wains/simple

Really getting frustrated with my pally right now and thought I'd try here before considering an alt heh. Between that and the guild I was joining to start raiding bleeding members, my WoW isn't in the best of places right now.
    You're only at 7k spirit unbuffed, that is quite low. Also some of your gear ins't enchanted / gemmed (Even aside from your weapon lacking a legendary gem which I'm willing to overlook as it's LFR). I'm finding about 10k spirit unbuffed (with 2 proc trinkets) to be just about right for me, if you're not that sure about how you play, you might want to concider getting more than that.

I just enchanted everything that was a decent item (ie. not contenders and wanting to replace) and gemmed those that weren't. Its bought my spirit up to 8k roughly, though still low compared to what you've mentioned above.

I was intending to get the valor helm this week to replace the contenders. Armory has upgraded.

Thank you for the suggestions above. Two of those talents I hadn't considered at all, this is why I came here Finding things that I've completely overlooked. Hopefully the armory etc is already looking a bit better.

The legendary gem quest is not yet completed as I'm not quite through getting 10 of each of the sigils. So that's not doable just yet.
    Last edited by Laikai; 2013-02-08 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    @ Jordaen
    Avenging wrath is on a 3 minute cooldown so max is 3 times.
    Yeah, Ret habit sorry

Holy Pally Question (Flask use and Mastery)

Hey all...just a quick question regarding our mastery and which flask to use.

I currently use a spirit flask on every fight, but at a random time while doing something random I started thinking about how our mastery works. Given that the shield can be no more than 1/3 of our hp...would it be at all viable to use a stam flask to extend the amount we can shield? Or...would it be a waste, because you're almost never going to cap out the shield during a fight? (I think that answers the question, but just curious what anyone else thinks).

Jal

(Jaliant - US - Alexstrasza)

Quote Originally Posted by Jalient View Post
    Hey all...just a quick question regarding our mastery and which flask to use.

I currently use a spirit flask on every fight, but at a random time while doing something random I started thinking about how our mastery works. Given that the shield can be no more than 1/3 of our hp...would it be at all viable to use a stam flask to extend the amount we can shield? Or...would it be a waste, because you're almost never going to cap out the shield during a fight? (I think that answers the question, but just curious what anyone else thinks).
    ... is this a serious question?

(Let's say you actually want to cap your shield out. How much overhealing will you have to do? Now multiply that by the number of people you want to cap your shield out on.)

It's a waste, and will only give ~10K to your shield which will rarely if ever be maxed. The int flask is a viable alternative once your mana becomes less of an issue,

Using a stamina potion for bigger mastery shields is absurd. If you're spending your time during a fight spamming overheals on people to stack shields to the cap (as opposed to just keeping the shields from falling off when there's no other healing to do), then your group can probably do with cutting a healer or two from the raid because obviously you're not doing anything useful.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    ... is this a serious question?

(Let's say you actually want to cap your shield out. How much overhealing will you have to do? Now multiply that by the number of people you want to cap your shield out on.)

Thanks for the replies! Yes it was somewhat serious, but only in the "hey, randomly thinking" way. I haven't tried it and don't intend to do so... . I'd hope I'm a little more competent than that

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I have recently started raiding seriously on my paldin, and I'm not entirely sure that I'm doing as well as I should be doing.

Logs from Vizier heroic wipe night:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5tucjzhhqd4rfv4u/

Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lexis/advanced
    (No Sha touched gem 'cause I don't bother with it in LFR crap)

Spirit flask and int food were used for the fights.

If there's anything you can point out that I could be doing better, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lexis/advanced
    (No Sha touched gem 'cause I don't bother with it in LFR crap)
    Going to stop right here. You're doing a heroic boss, and arguably one of the harder ones in the instance. If I were your RL I would toss you out of the raid the instant I heard that. Same goes for the enchants.

I put the good enchants on my blues this tier. Absolutely no excuse for any of that "crap" as you put it.

You've put super intellect which is a reasonably expensive enchant on a piece of LFR gear as well as upgraded your weapon twice. I'd recommend using the socket. Sure, the next one will cost you 10K but honestly how many weapons are you going to socket with it? 2, maybe at most? It's well worth the gold. So is Jade Spirit. If you're worried about getting an upgrade soon, maybe put it off for a while for some people who have worse gear to upgrade. An upgraded LFR weapon vs an upgraded regular weapon is not going to make a huge difference, but that 500 int gem almost doubles the int from the normal weapon. If you're planning on getting the weapon from HWill, that one doesn't have a sha socket anyways. Just give it a thought.

For your logs, I took a look at the 9:47 minute wipe and noticed a few things.
    - Your holy shock count is at 57 for almost a 10 minute wipe where your potential count could be 100. If you can just put that number up to around 80 for a more reasonable count, the number of eternal flames you can put out will go up a lot, along with your healing.

- H Vizier is one of the fights where proper use of arcing light can do a lot of healing because the platforms are pretty small and your raid should be semi-grouped up (although not on top of each other).

- I think you specced into Holy Avenger for this fight as I don't see any DP procs, if so you should use it. Using cooldowns better overall will increase your healing by a lot.

- Also good on this fight if you have a reasonable amount of melee is holy radiance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to stop right here. You're doing a heroic boss, and arguably one of the harder ones in the instance. If I were your RL I would toss you out of the raid the instant I heard that. Same goes for the enchants.

I put the good enchants on my blues this tier. Absolutely no excuse for any of that "crap" as you put it.
    The enchants I gor for free from a guildie. I don't have a very large amount of gold, so I'm very cautious about where I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    You've put super intellect which is a reasonably expensive enchant on a piece of LFR gear as well as upgraded your weapon twice. I'd recommend using the socket. Sure, the next one will cost you 10K but honestly how many weapons are you going to socket with it? 2, maybe at most? It's well worth the gold. So is Jade Spirit. If you're worried about getting an upgrade soon, maybe put it off for a while for some people who have worse gear to upgrade. An upgraded LFR weapon vs an upgraded regular weapon is not going to make a huge difference, but that 500 int gem almost doubles the int from the normal weapon. If you're planning on getting the weapon from HWill, that one doesn't have a sha socket anyways. Just give it a thought.

For your logs, I took a look at the 9:47 minute wipe and noticed a few things.
    - Your holy shock count is at 57 for almost a 10 minute wipe where your potential count could be 100. If you can just put that number up to around 80 for a more reasonable count, the number of eternal flames you can put out will go up a lot, along with your healing.

- H Vizier is one of the fights where proper use of arcing light can do a lot of healing because the platforms are pretty small and your raid should be semi-grouped up (although not on top of each other).

- I think you specced into Holy Avenger for this fight as I don't see any DP procs, if so you should use it. Using cooldowns better overall will increase your healing by a lot.

- Also good on this fight if you have a reasonable amount of melee is holy radiance.
    We're killing Empress norm every week (It only takes an hour to clear up in there at the most), so I'm really wanting to spend 10k for 1 week worth of +500 int.

For your comments;
    - Either it's used on CD or there's no healing needing to go out.

- I'll concider getting Light's Hammer then

- Specced HA indeed, thought I went DP for that night. I do agree that my CD usage has been quite low.

Any advice for someone who may be switching soon from healing 10's to healing 25's? Has anyone done this recently and can share what they learned?

Either it's (Holy Shock) used on CD or there's no healing needing to go out.
    You can still use it when there's no healing needed for the HP gen.

I'll concider getting Light's Hammer then
    It's a very powerful CD for force and verve, but personally I prefer Holy Prism here for the spot heals. Given that your group kills the Echo of Attenuation, it might be a good idea.

Specced HA indeed, thought I went DP for that night. I do agree that my CD usage has been quite low.
    Use a CD for every force and verve, use both for the first platform since you won't need them on the second platform. Be extremely aggressive when healing the convert platform (I would use flash of light even), then you can get mana back as the boss transitions (DP + Hymn + Focus Pot). Phase 2, not much to say, just time your CD's again. If your priest healer is using SS don't HA, and cover the moments when SS is down for instance.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-02-12 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still use it when there's no healing needed for the HP gen.

It's a very powerful CD for force and verve, but personally I prefer Holy Prism here for the spot heals. Given that your group kills the Echo of Attenuation, it might be a good idea.

Use a CD for every force and verve, use both for the first platform since you won't need them on the second platform. Be extremely aggressive when healing the convert platform (I would use flash of light even), then you can get mana back as the boss transitions (DP + Hymn + Focus Pot). Phase 2, not much to say, just time your CD's again. If your priest healer is using SS don't HA, and cover the moments when SS is down for instance.
    I'm usually sitting at 5hp when there's no healing going out.

We're having problem with the 2nd F&V in P2, so I'll be trying Light's Hammer to see if that works better. Holy Prism is nice for spot heals indeed, but we have a priest for for dealing with that mostly.

First F&V on the platform we have SS, so not much healing needing to be done, 2nd I should be popping all CD's (Except GoAK). Any special reason to be that aggresive on healing on the Convert platform, besides being able to?

And sorry for the (extremely) late answer, I got kinda sick and had to go lie down and suddenly it was now.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2013-02-13 at 01:02 PM.

help my hps

Hey folks, I have been playing for a very long time and healed a shit-ton, I have finally hit a wall I cant seem to get over. I typically out perform whom ever I am with in 10m and 25m save for that dreaded Disc priest with the huge hps but I still manage to out heal them with effective healing. I am having a problem in that it seems that I do not produce the numbers that I should be doing and on the Tsulong fight I am always struggling and most likely always last.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxses/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

any advice will be greatly appreciated,

I'm usually sitting at 5hp when there's no healing going out.
    I would toss out EF's just for the blanketing/absorb then get 5hp back again, rather than sitting at a lull and wasting the HP.

Any special reason to be that aggresive on healing on the Convert platform, besides being able to?
    Better to be a little aggressive and have to focus pot instead of int pot, than lose someone carelessly. Also a reason I don't slow-cast (so only infusion DL and FoL) is because kick only has a 15 second cooldown, and CS only a 24 second.

Let's say a monk healer and a melee class (rogue) gets converted, the monk silences your other healer (SHS 15 sec CD), the rogue stuns you (KS 20 sec CD), and an Exhale goes out. If you weren't aggressive in topping people constantly, it's very easy for someone to die.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-02-15 at 12:16 AM.

@ witch1

I think you would find many helpful comments from the heroic tsulong fight thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...long-Heroic-10

Quote Originally Posted by witch1 View Post
    Hey folks, I have been playing for a very long time and healed a shit-ton, I have finally hit a wall I cant seem to get over. I typically out perform whom ever I am with in 10m and 25m save for that dreaded Disc priest with the huge hps but I still manage to out heal them with effective healing. I am having a problem in that it seems that I do not produce the numbers that I should be doing and on the Tsulong fight I am always struggling and most likely always last.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxses/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

any advice will be greatly appreciated,
    Here's what I do to get my healing up on that fight.

Talents: Eternal Flame, Holy Avenger, Light's Hammer (LH is really to help with night phase healing, prism is slightly stronger in day phase but the difference is pretty small)

Day Phase:
    - set focus on tsulong and beacon him as soon as day phase starts
    - as soon as day phase starts, try to get a 3xEF on Tsulong as quickly as possible
    - before the first breath, just HS to build HP and HL as needed on the raid, since the full healing will transfer to tsulong anyway
    - for first breath, try to have 5HP ready to go, pop HA+DF+Wings just before the breath
    - as soon as you get the breath buff, put a 3xEF on tsulong, then start rolling as many 3xEFs as you can on the raid since you'll be getting 3HP per generator with HA up
    - continue rolling 3xEF's on the whole raid until the second breath, you should be able to get at least 6 or 7 in addition to the one ticking on tsulong, all rolling beacon heals to tsulong as well
    - for 2nd breath and on, use the breath to refresh the EF on tsulong (don't ever overwring a breath EF with a non-breath EF) and spend the rest of the time rolling HS/HL/EF on the raid
    - as soon as night phase starts, remember to pull beacon off of tsulong immediately

The thing to realize is that beacon is going to be the thing that puts you over the top. During a breath, you should be able to get 2 or 3 EFs on the raid in addition to the one on tsulong. These are going to roll stupidly high amounts of healing through beacon.