Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
64
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Having a really hard time keeping up with the other healers on hm garalon so I'm looking for some advice.
    We've killed it before with healer comp: Resto druid, resto sham, disc priest, holy priest, holy pally, monk.
    Last night our resto shaman couldn't stay so we had holy pally x2 and the other priest also went disc. But we could not make the healing requirement and had to add another healer. I'm not too great at analyzing logs but I figured out a bit from looking at high ranking holy pallys on that fight that using a lot of EF is good so thats what I've been trying to do but I still cannot keep up with the other healers. Last week when we killed it I was having to kite early on so I kind of ignored that my healing was low, but this week I put myself at the end of the rotation so I never actually had to kite on our attempts.

    This is the log from this week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=63667
    This is the log from our attempts and kill last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=63667
    This is my armory: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...20Hollow/tiva/
    I'd really like to improve my own healing and help our other hpally as well so any advice would be greatly appreciated. <3

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrix View Post
    Having a really hard time keeping up with the other healers on hm garalon so I'm looking for some advice.
    We've killed it before with healer comp: Resto druid, resto sham, disc priest, holy priest, holy pally, monk.
    Last night our resto shaman couldn't stay so we had holy pally x2 and the other priest also went disc. But we could not make the healing requirement and had to add another healer. I'm not too great at analyzing logs but I figured out a bit from looking at high ranking holy pallys on that fight that using a lot of EF is good so thats what I've been trying to do but I still cannot keep up with the other healers. Last week when we killed it I was having to kite early on so I kind of ignored that my healing was low, but this week I put myself at the end of the rotation so I never actually had to kite on our attempts.

    This is the log from this week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=63667
    This is the log from our attempts and kill last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=63667
    This is my armory: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...20Hollow/tiva/
    I'd really like to improve my own healing and help our other hpally as well so any advice would be greatly appreciated. <3
    Even though its not as strong as before, the PvP 4-set (if you have it) is absolutely amazing on this fight. Setup is Divine Purpose with pvp-set. Tier 6 take your preferred talent. For 10's, I like prism, but in 25's, you'll probably find LH to be the better option.

    Basically, if you have the PvP 4-set, you just want to constantly be rolling 3xEF's on the raid, on as many targets as possible. Divine Purpose should boost this quite a bit.

    If you don't have the pvp set, still run divine purpose, but you can shift to 1xEF blanketting rather than 3xEF to get more healing out. This works exceptionally well with the PvE 4-set because of the more frequent holy shocks. For either setup, you just rotate HS/EF with Radiance as filler (preferably with Infusion of Light procs).

    Another thing that may help, always have beacon on pheremone kiters and rotate it to the new carrier each time. Beacon should funnel huge amounts of healing with the added bonus of having enough range to hit from anywhere on the platform.

    As a side note, A few attempts have multiple crushes happening very quickly. Even if you are healing very well, 2 or 3 crushes with little downtime between is going to wipe you.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2013-02-21 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #263
    So you are saying just use 1 HP on EF to blanket as many ppl as possible?
    I don't have either 4 set lol
    I started trying beacon on the kiters last night, thats the way to go? Before I'd been keeping it on the tanks.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrix View Post
    So you are saying just use 1 HP on EF to blanket as many ppl as possible?
    I don't have either 4 set lol
    I started trying beacon on the kiters last night, thats the way to go? Before I'd been keeping it on the tanks.
    you'll do fine with 3hp EFs, depends on the damage patterns going out at the time. I personally havent even tried 1hp EF blanketting but I'm sure it potentially does well.

    Definitely beacon the kiters, if you're running around trying to heal them you're going to lose so much efficiency

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I have had this bite me in the ass one time, where I needed to heal a tank fast and I decided to do (infusion of light procced) HR+HS on him, instead of DL+HS, and he died after my heals landed but before daybreak could proc (it's delayed by ~0.5 seconds), so if I'd used DL instead of HR he'd have lived... but he'd also have lived with more health if daybreak had procced in time! But I guess you should keep that in mind, too; if you desperately need at least the healing of a DL+HS faster than 0.5 seconds more than it takes to cast a DL/HR, DL is better.
    Daybreak does NOT heal the same target as your holy shock. It heals OTHER nearby targets. If you need a single target heal on someone your beacon isn't on, the best thing to do is switch your beacon and DL them! Please be very careful suggesting new playstyles such as healing a single target with HR (which is an exceptionally bad thing to do).

  5. #265
    Daybreak does healing equal to the healing of your holy shock divided divided among friendly targets within 10 yards of the holy shocked target.

    1 target standing alone with no one within 10 yards = daybreak does healing equal to your healing of your holy shock to that target.

    1 target standing alone:
    40k holy shock hit -> 40k daybreak
    80k holy shock crit -> 80k daybreak

    2 targets standing together:
    40k holy shock hit to main target -> 20k daybreak to each target
    80k holy shock crit to main target -> 40k daybreak to each target

    Daybreak doesn't transfer through beacon but procs mastery.

    And so forth.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrix View Post
    So you are saying just use 1 HP on EF to blanket as many ppl as possible?
    I don't have either 4 set lol
    I started trying beacon on the kiters last night, thats the way to go? Before I'd been keeping it on the tanks.
    Most of the reason 1HP EF blanketting is strong is because of the tier 14 set that gives you more frequent holy shocks, so you can get EFs out over the whole raid. EF is 30 seconds, so if you have a 4 second HS cooldown vs. 6 seconds, you can roll 7 EF's at a time instead of 4-5. Add in radiance to that rotation and you should be able to cover 10 people at a time if you have the tier 14 set.

    Outside of that set, you're better off just stacking to 3HP and using EF then, since you'll have a better proc rate from divine purpose this way.

    As for beaconing kiters, definitely the way to go. Assuming your furious swipe soakers are in fact tanks, they should take little damage from swipes, and probably have some amount of self-healing to cover that, but more importantly, the tanks are usually in range of most of the healers in the raid, so there's no risk of them getting gibbed while healers try to get in range. Kiters on the other hand are frequently far away and take pretty heavy damage. Beacon saves you and other healers a lot of time by allowing you to heal them without having to chase them around the room.

    Generally what I will do, when our the new kiter is about to run out to take pheremones, toss a 3HP EF on him, make sure I'm in range so I can beacon him while garalon is casting crush, then move back to the middle.

  7. #267
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    \initely the way to go. Assuming your furious swipe soakers are in fact tanks, they should take little damage from swipes, and probably have some amount of self-healing to cover that, but more importantly, the tanks are usually in range of most of the healers in the raid, so there's no risk of them getting gibbed while healers try to get in range. Kiters on the other hand are frequently far away and take pretty heavy damage. Beacon saves you and other healers a lot of time by allowing you to heal them without having to chase them around the room.
    This really depends, I beacon a tank on 25 heroic (we have dedicated kite-healers), but when we did a 10 heroic (2 heal) run, I obviously found it better to beacon a kiter.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by muglia View Post
    Daybreak does healing equal to the healing of your holy shock divided divided among friendly targets within 10 yards of the holy shocked target.

    1 target standing alone with no one within 10 yards = daybreak does healing equal to your healing of your holy shock to that target.

    1 target standing alone:
    40k holy shock hit -> 40k daybreak
    80k holy shock crit -> 80k daybreak

    2 targets standing together:
    40k holy shock hit to main target -> 20k daybreak to each target
    80k holy shock crit to main target -> 40k daybreak to each target

    Daybreak doesn't transfer through beacon but procs mastery.

    And so forth.
    "
    After casting Holy Radiance, your next Holy Shock will also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to the original healing done, divided evenly among all targets."

    is the tooltip wrong, then?

  9. #269
    Yeah, was only a week ago that I figured out this out too. If there's no one within 10 yards of your HS target, daybreak will heal the same person for the same amount your holy shock hit for. As stated, it will work for crits too.

  10. #270
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Yeah, was only a week ago that I figured out this out too. If there's no one within 10 yards of your HS target, daybreak will heal the same person for the same amount your holy shock hit for. As stated, it will work for crits too.
    This. Easy testing, sit in SW/Org and heal yourself.

  11. #271
    Hello i was hopeing i could ask for some help. I have a il488 and i cant seem to put my finger on why my heals are low. I tend to run low on mana some times trying to keep up when i know i shouldnt. I dont know if im not keeping up my mastery hots like i should or what. My healing is not real low but i dont believe its were it should be. Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. it will not post my links. my toons name is magnusprime on Gnomeregan. you can view my links on wow heros.

  12. #272
    Wowprogress/armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...prime/advanced

    World of Logs links-
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3445&e=3878 - Tsulong
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6762&e=7255 - Lei Shi

    First, you're healing with a disc priest and if they have any idea of what they're doing, they should be beating or on par with you.

    Some tips on improvement:
    - try to pick up the 4 set for holy as it is godly, even the LFR gear
    - you should be switching your beacon between tanks during the beginning and middle of the fight, i'd use the glyph for beacon for this fight although at a certain point he switches too fast to matter, similarly for other fights with two tanks, make sure to switch beacon
    - you used 15 flash of light during this fight and that will be the source of why your mana is low...I think there's no concrete advice I can offer but try to get used to the damage output a little more so you don't need to use it this much, a 3hp eternal flame or even holy shock should be enough in most cases, FoL should really be the last resort heal
    - you used all ur cooldowns on tsulong, just try to keep doing that on other fights too

  13. #273
    High Overlord Blsmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    196
    This isn't a question to do with my logs at all, but I was wondering whether to change my shoulders (489) to the Tier (483) shoulders to gain the 2 piece set bonus of the reduction of MP cost to Holy Radiance? In turn I lose about 486 haste and get our worst stat Crit. Is it worth it or not?

    Also, the weights of trinkets I should be using? Currently using Spirits of Sun (LFR) and Empty Fruit Barrel (1/1). Should I be using my Thousand-Year Pickled Egg instead of the Empty Fruit Barrel, or no?

    World of Warcraft - Magic: The Gathering - Hearthstone
    @Blsmonk
    Chandra - 90 Fire Mage - Barthilas
    Blsmonk - 90 Mistweaver Monk - Barthilas



  14. #274
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflora View Post
    This isn't a question to do with my logs at all, but I was wondering whether to change my shoulders (489) to the Tier (483) shoulders to gain the 2 piece set bonus of the reduction of MP cost to Holy Radiance? In turn I lose about 486 haste and get our worst stat Crit. Is it worth it or not?

    Also, the weights of trinkets I should be using? Currently using Spirits of Sun (LFR) and Empty Fruit Barrel (1/1). Should I be using my Thousand-Year Pickled Egg instead of the Empty Fruit Barrel, or no?
    It's worth changing your shoulders for most fights. You should use the Barrel over the Egg.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by magnusprime View Post
    Hello i was hopeing i could ask for some help. I have a il488 and i cant seem to put my finger on why my heals are low. I tend to run low on mana some times trying to keep up when i know i shouldnt. I dont know if im not keeping up my mastery hots like i should or what. My healing is not real low but i dont believe its were it should be. Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. it will not post my links. my toons name is magnusprime on Gnomeregan. you can view my links on wow heros.
    Just a few tips to smoke that disc Priest on Tsulong:

    Swap beacons on tanks during the fight as the poster above said. When the day phase begins, put your beacon on Tsulong.
    Make sure to use Holy Shock on CD and get that Holy Power built up. Prior to the breath, cast Flash of Light on Tsulong (while using the Flash of Light glyph).
    Pop all your healing cooldowns and throw a three point Eternal Flame on Tsulong, and if you're lucky, Divine Purpose will proc and allow you to do it again (or multiple times) on Tsulong or on your raid while you still have the breath buff.
    While you don't have the breath, just keep using Holy Shock on CD and cover the raid with Holy Lights, or even extra Eternal Flames if you can get the Holy Power back in time before a breath.

    Easypeezycheesy. Just repeat for the other phases, however you obviously won't have cool downs for the rest.

  16. #276
    ^ You should always be specced Stay of Execution for the healing phase. The healing it puts out is ridiculous with the buff.

  17. #277
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Tsulong:

    Flask and food intellect for this. Get some int pots also (it will become clear why).

    For your "big buff" (try to time it with GS if possible) you want to use all of your cooldowns (Divine Favor, Avenging Wrath, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Holy Avenger) and your Potion of the Jade Serpent. You should (with enough haste) be below a 1 second GCD, so just spam 6 abilities while you have the buff. Your final ability should be an Eternal Flame since you will have maximum stacks of GoAK at this point. Before your ES, make sure to use a Flash of Light so you get the buff for it, same goes for your last EF. (for heroic, you can alter this strategy a bit depending on how you handle buffs).

    You want to use Holy Avenger since it works with Tower of Radiance and allows you the maximum amount of casts within your buff period. It's also usable in the Night Phase since that phase lasts 2 minutes.

    You can then throw random heals/eternal flames on the raid outside of the breath buff and it will beacon to Tsulong.

  18. #278
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

    Looking for some assistance with my healing during Heroic Spirit Kings...open to all the critiques!

    BLUF: I'm struggling to keep everyone topped off and running OOM during the final transition. Our tank seems to be 1-2 shot when the 3rd guy is still up and the 4th comes out...I've tried BoS x 2 but it didn't seem to help much.

    Facts:
    1. I just started healing on my pally this tier, about 1/3 of the way through it tbh. (Played my druid since vanilla)
    2. I finally picked up the 4 pc pve, so it was a new feel tonight, prior to that I was using the 4 pc pvp (my drop rates in LFR and normal/heroic modes have been something to make some cry)
    3. We are 2-healing (a disc priest and I) the fight, yet I've read it can be 1-healed...so I must be doing something wrong.
    4. We wipe about 80% of the time to people not "getting out of X" so there's only a few good attempts we've actually made it to the 4th guy with most of the raid up.
    5. I switched between HA and DP a couple times, to see which would work better...and I used Clemency because the RL wanted to maximize the # of BoPs.

    I'll add thoughts/edits as the day goes on...have to get to work.

    Here's the link to the logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gqpfv25ug5chi46k/
    Name is Jaliant, US-Alexstrasza

    Thanks!
    Jal

  19. #279
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Ok, first of all, WTF is your disc priest doing. I edited out my choice description, but to sum it up, he sucks. Replace.

    Now that we've established you are in fact one-healing, on your 8:34 try you lost 2 people early on to annihilate/etc. Your "tank" didn't get gibbed by the boss, he died to flanking orders.

    [edit] On your 8:03 try, when both bosses were active your tank had a whopping 11 seconds of zero uses of shield of the righteous and zero uses of divine protection (actually, zero uses the entire encounter).

    He then wonders why he gets gibbed, probably blames the healers. Hey question - let's say I don't like using cooldowns and had to pick a moment to use them. When... oh, right... when both bosses are up and one is crazed sounds like a good idea...


    ... IMO, you need a new guild, and serious at that. It's hard to critique what you're doing wrong because your raid, to be frank, is awful.


    [edit] Found more stuff. Honestly I could explain what obvious mistakes your raiders are making - as in not nuanced stuff, not split-second-timing stuff, not stuff you'd have to read these forums 48 hours a day for, I'm talking easy stuff you can figure out by reading the tooltips - but it's not worth it, I would literally have to fill 4 entire topics.


    [edit 2] I say this with complete sincerity, I think some of your guild should check out the "Core Abilities" section on their spellbook. It might serve them quite well as a starter.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-02-27 at 12:08 PM.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Ok, first of all, WTF is your disc priest doing. I edited out my choice description, but to sum it up, he sucks. Replace.
    Best advice you can get right there.

    Your heals aren't what needs fixing - it's everyone else around you.

    A bad healing partner, a tank that doesn't use CDs while Meng pops out and people who die to simple boss mechanics.


    [edit] Oh, and as far as your talents, definitely use Clemency during heroic Spirit Kings. We've had plenty of times where Volley would immediately follow a Rain of Arrows and hit the person pinned before the arrow could be broken. Multiple HoPs are a godsend for that scenario.

    Anything else shouldn't matter. Heroic Spirit Kings isn't exactly a hard fight. There isn't that much damage going out if your raid knows what they're doing. [/edit]
    Last edited by xStrike; 2013-02-27 at 02:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •