Page 25 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Also in your case, he can't take the EF blanket role otherwise you may as well be taking two Resto Druids, he'll have to adapt to a more bursty/tank healer style (which I see from the logs he kind of does, but with his gear won't be possible in heroics)
    People care way, way too much about EF blanket to the point where I think it's massively overrated.

If this person is playing properly, he should always have HP ready for bursty EF direct heals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    People care way, way too much about EF blanket to the point where I think it's massively overrated.

If this person is playing properly, he should always have HP ready for bursty EF direct heals anyway.
    Indeed, although depending on your group comp having a Paladin dedicated to EF blanketing can either be a blessing or a curse, and being able to understand when you're needed for what style can be very useful

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there everyone,

I recently returned to raiding with the same guild I was playing with before. I had been away from the game for over two months and have now been through my second full week of progression in ToT. I've noticed that while I seem to be able to compete on some fights, on others I just fall completely behind the other Holy Paladins that were currently running. I would love some input as to what it is I'm doing wrong or that they are doing better than I as I've poured over logs for a while and can't seem to find a reasonable solution for as to how I'm healing for so much less.

My character name is Seighi and these are our logs. For the last lockout especially, I found myself very competitive on certain fights, but I fell off entirely on others (Durumu, Tortos). I know that I'm at least a decent healer as I've been raiding Hard modes for a long time now and before I quit was able to deal with mechanics properly and put out throughput logs given the proper situation.

I'd appreciate any insight that people who have been playing the whole of this tier can give. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

On Durumu: Due to how the fight works, save cooldowns that help with hardcasting for the maze phase, and use cooldowns that don't on the light phase. I've found that can lead to significantly higher output.

(which is odd, as it seems your guildmates are just stacking cooldowns for the light phase and not using them for the maze phase; which can help make meters looks higher at any rate)
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-05-07 at 01:49 PM.

Apart from the fact that he's quite a bit more geared than you (514 vs 528) the one huge difference I see between you and this Chlawl guy on the H Tortos fight is the use of Light's Hammer vs Holy Prism. His holy shock usage is a lot lower than yours because he's not using 4 set but his better stats make him heal around the same as you just in terms of holy shock. He was also able to use holy radiance around 30(?) more times than you resulting in a lot more healing from that spell. I've always been kind of wary of using the T14 4-set with only normal pieces and unsure of what a good time to switch over to T15 4 set is. In this case, perhaps you would be better off on some fights using the T15 set if you have it. Especially since you raid 25 man, I'd imagine you get a lot more healing out of holy radiance than you would in 10 man. I don't know why the holy power gained value on WoL is always higher than the number on the healing done page. I think a majority of the difference is in the gear level and the slightly different choice of skills between using the two tier sets. Tortos is not a hugely movement heavy fight so the benefits of using instant cast spells like holy shock may sometimes be outweighed by just sitting there and casting a spell which heals more and will give holy power as well.

Also took a look at the other guy who's actually using the 4 piece T14. You can see his average EFs hitting for almost 90K compared to your 70K. For example his holy shock count is only 4 more than you but he's healing over 1M more with it. You actually hit more people with your holy prism but healed less than him with it. The only area in both that I can actually see you doing something different is in using HR more.

Side note, wow 7.4% from daybreak thats like that most I've ever seen from daybreak...but I only raid 10 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Side note, wow 7.4% from daybreak thats like that most I've ever seen from daybreak...but I only raid 10 man.
    That isn't that odd on heroic tortos.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    That isn't that odd on heroic tortos.
    Right, a point I was going to make on Tortos is that it's a 0 overheal fight so any gear differences (I could already tell the gear difference just by looking at Iron Qon logs, the other paladins' abilities are simply hitting much harder than your abilities) are exacerbated on the meters but contribute absolutely nothing to the fight.

Hi Guys,
    back from page 23 where my raid lead asked for some feedback regarding my (bad) performance, I´ve read over your thoughts (thanks to voidspark & xs) and revamped my char a bit. I´m amazed what great impact the "little" changes already had after some first testing. It was a very short time, but I think there´s possibly still space for improvement:
    Logs (only Quon and Twins):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...yze/hd/source/

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckerle/simple

Though it was a small period of logs, I would appreciate if you could highlight what I´m still missing, explicitly regarding the last logs posted.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance for any inside thoughts.
    Last edited by Checkerle; 2013-05-07 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    I don't know why the holy power gained value on WoL is always higher than the number on the healing done page.
    Usually because of holy avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerle View Post
    Your gems are a mess. Use Sparkling in blue, Zen in yellow, and Purified in red. And don't use green quality ones (neck).

Hi Guys,
    back from page 23 where my raid lead asked for some feedback regarding my (bad) performance, I´ve read over your thoughts (thanks to voidspark & xs) and revamped my char a bit. I´m amazed what great impact the "little" changes already had after some first testing. It was a very short time, but I think there´s possibly still space for improvement:
    Logs (only Quon and Twins):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...yze/hd/source/

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckerle/simple

Though it was a small period of logs, I would appreciate if you could highlight what I´m still missing, explicitly regarding the last logs posted.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance for any inside thoughts.
    As Palawin mentioned, your gems need tweaking, and from the logs you're still using Holy Shock way below optimal amounts, looking at the Priest's healing style you should have easily destroyed him
    Also work on your Avenging Wrath usage

As Palawin mentioned, your gems need tweaking, and from the logs you're still using Holy Shock way below optimal amounts, ..
    Possibly, because I have used more often Holy Radiance. Bad choice?

You want to keep HS on CD. You should realistically be getting 8-9 Holy Shocks per minute (allowing for margin of error).

You Qon kill, you had 69 in a little over 10 mins. or about 7 per min. You left 1-2 on the table casting something else. That's 15ish HP through Holy Shock you lost. Same with Twins. 61 in 9 mins.

Now, substituting Holy Radiance isn't 100% ideal, but depending on the damage, sitting on a HS CD every so often is ok, just not ideal.

IMO of course.

Depends on the fight, but on most of them you want to be using the Holy Shocks on cooldown, and you should only be casting HR > HR > HS if you're in a seriously heavy AoE situation, otherwise you're better off changing your style such that you never have to cast them that way

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for ways to perfect my healing.
    Armory
    World of Logs

Note: I use LH & HP on specific fights as well as my Tier 4 talents.

Suggestions/Criticism is welcome. Thank you. Message me preferably I tend to check that more.

I'm not needing help fixing my heals per-se. I'm comfortable with my healing and our raid is progressing quite well with our healing crew. I am here to ask a theory question! I was using askmrrobot on my boomkin to try and optimize a bit, and once I was done I said... Hrm I wonder what it would say about my Pally. I plugged it in and it brought up the idea of sacrificing 4.66% mastery for 2245 spirit. I was wondering what you guys think about that. There are occasional moments on Primordius (we just got him down for the 2nd time) where mana is an issue (were doing the ignore oozes strat and burn primordius in the middle of the room with everyone spread around the circle)
    But I wonder is going from 11k mana buffed and 42.21% mastery buffed to 13k spirit and 36.61% mastery buffed would be that big of a bump?

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...onnash/elapsed
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apsed/advanced

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    But I wonder is going from 11k mana buffed and 42.21% mastery buffed to 13k spirit and 36.61% mastery buffed would be that big of a bump?
    Yes, I was going to try and write something insightful here, but all I can think of is yes.

Yes, I was going to try and write something insightful here, but all I can think of is yes.
    haha fair enough, I was leaning towards it anyways with the mastery scaling nerf inc but I wasn't 100%

Deleted
    i really want some help with my healing, but the forum tells me i cant post any links here, how do i make that change so i can link my armory and world of logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    Any thoughts?
    if you're running short on mana after using DP/trinket/mana tide/hymn or have to throttle to maintain output, absolutely invest in more spirit. If you're ending fights at zero mana with the boss dead but spamming like a fiend the whole fight, then no.

There is no right amount of spirit. You have the legendary meta which is amazing and a Horridon trinket. Both of these reduce the amount of spirit you need to carry on your gear by a ton.

Askmrrobot is often very very wrong when it comes to healers. Use your judgement (heh) and adjust, or not, accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    if you're running short on mana after using DP/trinket/mana tide/hymn or have to throttle to maintain output, absolutely invest in more spirit. If you're ending fights at zero mana with the boss dead but spamming like a fiend the whole fight, then no.

There is no right amount of spirit. You have the legendary meta which is amazing and a Horridon trinket. Both of these reduce the amount of spirit you need to carry on your gear by a ton.

Askmrrobot is often very very wrong when it comes to healers. Use your judgement (heh) and adjust, or not, accordingly.

I haven't been having any real problems with mana, and yes our team is using all of our CDs to their full potential. We have two hymns (shadow priest as well) and a mana tide. My trinkets are proc'ing correctly and I just got the meta (love it btw). I made the gem change it recommended for now to see what I get out of it. But I have stacks of my old gems ready to change back during Lei Shen if it turns out to be a mistake. We raid monday and we'll just have to see if the 2.2k spirit helps