Page 29 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Pick up holy avenger. Use it on the first storm, bubble and heal through the second as much as you can, and then pop avenger again on the third. Alternatively if you're REALLY struggling to avoid the diffusions, pop avenger before the storm and use it to put eternal flames on everyone - that should be enough to keep them alive if they don't mess up, and leaves you free to focus on yourself during the storm.
    His Tier 5 talent is not the main concern, this guy is not using Holy Shock optimally. If you aren't tracking your HS CD well, you're going to see limited returns from Holy Avenger, just the nature of the beast.

Deleted
    Hello fellow gamers.
    I've recently joined a new guild called Desolate, A really nice bunch of dudes / dudettes.
    Tho i feel like i'm holding them back on progress due to my lack of healing skills(?), Compared to our Resto Druid and our Disc Priest.
    So im wondering if anyone can take a look through my Logs and armory and perhaps give me some advices?
    I recently swaped Holy Paladin instead of Resto druid, Worth mentioning.

New member can't post Links.
    Can anyone help me out?
    Orpon Kazzak EU
    Desolate Kazzak EU from World of Logs

Worth mentioning is that last week i've had an ilvl of 507, So got quiet som neat upgrades since then if you're looking further back on Logs.

Thanks in advance / Orp

Character Sheet: http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/kazzak/Orpon/
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/243919/ (any day after May 20th)

I just took a quick look through some of your wipes on H Megaera or Ji-Kun. Your holy shock usage is slightly low for some of them. As mentioned before you should try ti have around a 75% efficiency meaning for example in 5 minutes if you have 50 possible holy shocks considering the 6 second cooldown, you should have around 35-40 actualy holy shocks. This will boost your holy power generation allowing you to use more eternal flames or LoDs. One major issue I see is that you're not using cooldowns. On progression especially you should be using cooldowns to mirror the damage phases pretty consistently (using them when they're not up in a rotational sort of order). Are you having mana issues because it looks like you have the valor point trinket but are rarely using the trinket to give back the 30K mana consistently. Having some kind of tellmewhen or weakauras for these including any cooldowns would be helpful for you. I know there's some threads on this forum about weakauras. The change to daybreak pretty much allows us to cast 2 spells like HR or DL between holy shocks without losing out on a daybreak cast. Eternal Flame is usually a better choice than LoD at leas in 10s so try using that more often if you want to look better on the meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Character Sheet: http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/kazzak/Orpon/
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/243919/ (any day after May 20th)

I just took a quick look through some of your wipes on H Megaera or Ji-Kun.

Just a note, on Ji-kun if he is in a flying group and the person logging isn't with him, the numbers are not going to be accurate and aren't the best resource to use when looking at someone performance.

By Ji-Kun I meant Iron Qon...who would've known.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Just a note, on Ji-kun if he is in a flying group and the person logging isn't with him, the numbers are not going to be accurate and aren't the best resource to use when looking at someone performance.
    I believe they fixed that

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    His Tier 5 talent is not the main concern, this guy is not using Holy Shock optimally. If you aren't tracking your HS CD well, you're going to see limited returns from Holy Avenger, just the nature of the beast.
    Yea you're right, but it may be due to the fact that there's nothing to heal- and of course he should HS anyway but I was trying to give him tips specific to the encounter as well :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    I just took a quick look through some of your wipes on H Megaera or Ji-Kun. Your holy shock usage is slightly low for some of them. As mentioned before you should try ti have around a 75% efficiency meaning for example in 5 minutes if you have 50 possible holy shocks considering the 6 second cooldown, you should have around 35-40 actualy holy shocks. This will boost your holy power generation allowing you to use more eternal flames or LoDs. One major issue I see is that you're not using cooldowns. On progression especially you should be using cooldowns to mirror the damage phases pretty consistently (using them when they're not up in a rotational sort of order). Are you having mana issues because it looks like you have the valor point trinket but are rarely using the trinket to give back the 30K mana consistently. Having some kind of tellmewhen or weakauras for these including any cooldowns would be helpful for you. I know there's some threads on this forum about weakauras. The change to daybreak pretty much allows us to cast 2 spells like HR or DL between holy shocks without losing out on a daybreak cast. Eternal Flame is usually a better choice than LoD at leas in 10s so try using that more often if you want to look better on the meters.
    Hey guys.
    Thanks a lot for the great inputs. I've tried be less carefull with my CDs last night aswell as pushing out more Holy Shocks. Think the results came out pretty good. Even tho we have a mad Disc Priest making me look like a baddy except for Meagera. Which we did a couple of nice wipes last night and i managed to push my healing further then before while maintaining my mana at a reasonable level.

I have a question regarding Holy Shock and Daybreak. Before 5.3 I would use HS on cooldown but now I find myself sometimes delaying it for a second or two until I have 2 stacks of DB. All those small delays add up, and in the end I figure my HS usage must only be 80% of what it could be. Is the 2 stack DB heal is enough to justify an occasional delay or if I should only worry about stacking it on AoE healing phases?

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably depends on how much healing you think that daybreak will actually do (it overheals a lot), and probably a little bit on how much healing that HR you are casting instead will heal. I for the most part do not delay HS.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-30 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    It probably depends on how much healing you think that daybreak will actually do (it overheals a lot), and probably a little bit on how much healing that HR you are casting instead will heal. I for the most part do not delay HS.
    Do you generally bother attempting to isolate small player clumps for high daybreak aoe healing, or not bother with location and just HS the target that needs it most?

(ps. Although my output is improving now, I'm still finding I enjoy the spec far less [feels very slow] than before. Before it felt like a cool version of holy priests, now its rather meh.)

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I have a question regarding Holy Shock and Daybreak. Before 5.3 I would use HS on cooldown but now I find myself sometimes delaying it for a second or two until I have 2 stacks of DB. All those small delays add up, and in the end I figure my HS usage must only be 80% of what it could be. Is the 2 stack DB heal is enough to justify an occasional delay or if I should only worry about stacking it on AoE healing phases?
    You have to remember that a lot of the time, for damage spikes, the damage will be healed by the time you get to HR x2, HS. It's often better to use the HS straight away rather than stack it to two otherwise you just end up wasting it.

With consistent AoE damage I'd save for HRx2. It's just more efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    I believe they fixed that[COLOR="red"]
    No its not. Even if they managed to fix it, you can't expect someone to maintain the rotation if they are going to nests all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Do you generally bother attempting to isolate small player clumps for high daybreak aoe healing, or not bother with location and just HS the target that needs it most?

(ps. Although my output is improving now, I'm still finding I enjoy the spec far less [feels very slow] than before. Before it felt like a cool version of holy priests, now its rather meh.)
    If you can get a clump to make the most of daybreak it would be better to do that over someone far off away from everyone. I do 25m, so generally I end up Holy Shocking a melee.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-30 at 05:22 PM.

Good evening. I'm making this post for a guild member who I don't believe is registered with MMO

Armory
    25 Heroic Ji-kun log

As you will see in the above log we are running a Mistweaver Monk, Resto Druid, Resto Shaman, Disc Priest and two Holy Paladins. What we noted though was that the player whose armory I linked was consistently performing less effectively compared to our other Holy Paladin as well as the other healers in general. All healers but our Mistweaver were assigned to a flying group. Flying intensity (e.g number of nests traveled to + number of upper nests) was as follows: Resto Druid (myself) > Holy Paladin in question > other Holy Paladin > Disc Priest = Resto Shaman

I know nothing about Holy Paladin healing but I am wondering if making him move so much is hurting our raid more than having a different healer take his flying duty. I don't have on-hand the raid cooldown order we used for the night but every Quills had at least one Raid cd available.

Armory Link: ((I can't link anything Doh)) Xyalda - Uldaman - US

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I switch out Divine protection for either Divine plea, Light of Dawn or Beacon. I do switch in between Holy prism and Light's hammer for fights. Unbreakable spirit and clemency or hand of purity. Mind you I know which specs are good for which fights so this shouldn't be the issue...I hope

Worldoflogs Link: [Can't post links T_T]

Questions, concerns, expectations: I've been in my guild for almost 3 years now, I have some fights where I'm sat for because my heals are "lacking" from what I've heard from my Raid leader. I've tried everything , I've switched gems from spirit to spirit mastery, went into more intel even used intel flasks. I'm getting sat for 2 healed fights because I can't raid heal at all, and twin consorts which we 3 heal my heals are really lacking and I have no clue what to do anymore. I've never came out and put myself out there like this and always have managed alone, but I'm just lost at this point. I'm looking for any advice that people could give me..I'm open to anything cause I'm so exhausted from this aoe healing issue..even my tank heals are sometime lacking and my tanks die..I'm not sure if its my healing priorities or what. I just can't pinpoint the problem so i thought maybe more pairs of eyes could help me out..

Description of Playstyle: It's pretty simple For twins which are the logs I provided [I noticed after I can't post links..sorry], I'm specced into Light's hammer for the Fire stack. Due to the debuff from beacon I'm keeping on our 1 tank that isint going under. I'm not using HR and LoD much due to it usually hitting the tank under and giving me stacks. I'm using holy avenger to try and send out as much EF's as possible for Nuclear inferno.

My main rotations on almost every fight consists of holy light when low damage, divine light when higher. I HR off tanks or melee and most Daybreak procs are on them also since most fights were all spread out. I put out as many EF's as I can, sometimes its 2 sometimes it's 3 (Holy power) , If things start getting rough i pop DF and AW. Mana CD's are mostly use when no damage is going out ( i.e after megeara's rampage) Holy avenger is kinda my prep spell...I use it when aoe damage is going out soon. Guardian and hammer are sometimes used as a Raid wide CD when nothing else is available so I need to keep them alot of the times.

Thank you for your time and I hope someone out there can enlighten me on what the heck happened to my heals..Again sorry I can't post links or anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Reignisevil View Post
    Armory Link: ((I can't link anything Doh)) Xyalda - Uldaman - US
    Are you tracking your legendary meta gem? It doesn't appear so, and it's especially important in 10m.

hows tracking the meta important? I used to have a weakaura for it but deleted that. Didn't feel like I was getting anything out of that.
    You can maybe get 1 FoL/DL in. 2 FoL only if you are GCD freed when it procs, which should rarely be the case. Especially for holy palas the metagem is pretty damn medciore, already thought about going back to the normal meta but at least the INT bonus is nice.

Talking about INT, if you have output problems especially on fights like magaera where you need burst output, you should consider scaling back on spirit. I found once I passed an item level of about 520, mana became less and less of an issue (I usually got a mana tide though, which also makes a difference).
    I dropped spirit gems in favor of Intellect and Mastery. Means you gotta pay a bit more attention to mana/pot useage etc, but if you do that properly, it certainly pays.

Here's a very good post about INT vs SPI:

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...ling-problems/

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Are you tracking your legendary meta gem? It doesn't appear so, and it's especially important in 10m.
    To answer this...Yes I have Extra CD add-on....Although..as a holy paladin I have yet to see any use for the meta gem, either it procs in between casts, or really only saves me 1 spell.

kaib

Talking about INT, if you have output problems especially on fights like magaera where you need burst output, you should consider scaling back on spirit. I found once I passed an item level of about 520, mana became less and less of an issue (I usually got a mana tide though, which also makes a difference).
    I dropped spirit gems in favor of Intellect and Mastery. Means you gotta pay a bit more attention to mana/pot useage etc, but if you do that properly, it certainly pays.
    Aye, I've kinda noticed that at 16K spirit..it was starting to become useless to stack spirit. So i started using my JC intel gems, intel spirit and sspirit mastery gems to match socket bonus...sadly even with ~33K spellpower ( flask + food). The bigger issue is really from my twins logs....still 4 minutes inot the fight and im below my 2 other heals by 20K...its kinda ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    That post was written at the beginning of MoP and has many flaws in it that the writer himself conceded on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignisevil View Post
    To answer this...Yes I have Extra CD add-on....Although..as a holy paladin I have yet to see any use for the meta gem, either it procs in between casts, or really only saves me 1 spell.

Aye, I've kinda noticed that at 16K spirit..it was starting to become useless to stack spirit. So i started using my JC intel gems, intel spirit and sspirit mastery gems to match socket bonus...sadly even with ~33K spellpower ( flask + food). The bigger issue is really from my twins logs....still 4 minutes inot the fight and im below my 2 other heals by 20K...its kinda ridiculous.
    Holy shock useage is a little low, not overly, but a little. In P1 i stack on the tank to CS/melee for a bit more HP. I also use prism on that fight (be a bit careful with corrupted healing stacks though). Not 100% sure why you're so far behind the others though; perhaps try FoL'ing during your meta proc for more HP/EF's. You seem to be changing your playstyle all the time, so not sure what more to comment on. You shouldn't be 20k behind, but I wouldn't expect to be outhealing monks and discs on twins in the current state. (or maybe I'm just bad)

It's not really holydin related, but one thing you can do is drag suen to the meteors before nuclear blast and take them to 30% hp or so to lower her stacks of blazing radiance in P2. That should help lower your stacks from 40~ entering P3 to 10-15~

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    hows tracking the meta important? I used to have a weakaura for it but deleted that. Didn't feel like I was getting anything out of that.
    You can maybe get 1 FoL/DL in. 2 FoL only if you are GCD freed when it procs, which should rarely be the case. Especially for holy palas the metagem is pretty damn medciore, already thought about going back to the normal meta but at least the INT bonus is nice.

Here's a very good post about INT vs SPI:

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...ling-problems/
    The meta gem trumps the Spirit meta in every way, the amount of mana saved destroys the mana regen you get from spirit even with only 1 spell cast during the buff