Page 32 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    His second heal is divine light. This already suggests that he may not fully be aware of which of his healing spells benefits his HPS and holy power generation the most. Granted that in Durumu, most people are spread out, it is still feasible to cast holy radiance over divine light. He used divine light 51 times during the fight and got around 16 HP from tower of radiance. With HR he can get HP every single time he casts it. The decrease in HP generation leads to a snowball effect because now he doesn't have enough HP to eternal flame raid members. Without this large instant cast heal, he probably feels forced to cast the long DL casts. My suggestion is use HR whenever you can; unless you're healing a tank who's taking massive loads of damage, you should be doing this anyways. His holy shock usage could also increase. 47/77 possible is a fairly low ratio. All of this will help his HP generation and increase his eternal flame healing. BTW try to stay away from using LoD, on a fight like Durumu, it's not really worth it to use this over Eternal Flame because of the range and because EF simply heals for more. Popping holy avenger during light spectrum (the only real AOE raid damage part) will let him stack an EF on almost everyone in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Holy shock usage is a little over 50% of what it should be.

His logs are also proof of why I hate divine purpose in current content. 8 procs in a 9 minute fight, better off with HA.
    Its just that? cause i wanna try to help him, but i really dont know how paly works, i just know that palys are at least on par with druids and monks, and he shouldn´t with his gear, do almost half hps that we do.
    He tell us that he is doing things right, like guides tells him to do, but his hps seems always lower then it should be, meanly on heroics, when we actualy have damage.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5562&e=6134
    his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character//Mheg/
    Last edited by AvatarM; 2013-06-11 at 11:18 PM.

I don't exactly know if I am going about the spec right... I'd like to get a general idea as to what I should be doing...
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hanos/advanced
    WoLs from previous raid night (Council of Elders Attempts): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/n0ojy...ses&boss=69078

I feel as if I am going oom far too quick... and I've noticed I've been panic healing alot during large spikes of damage (Malakk Stacks + Frostbite / Biting Cold specifically.)
    Any and all critiques and feedback are much appreciated!

hello guys, my friend QI received avatar already commented about my difficulty with you, I'm so new here as with the class, and I need some help in qon iron because my hps was actually very low compared to others that heal me some items were exchanged yesterday as head before 522 483 t15 and belt before the fight wol most extensive being the first time I post here I'm not allowed to put links but he already posted our log and my armory so I post release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    Its just that? cause i wanna try to help him, but i really dont know how paly works, i just know that palys are at least on par with druids and monks, and he shouldn´t with his gear, do almost half hps that we do.
    He tell us that he is doing things right, like guides tells him to do, but his hps seems always lower then it should be, meanly on heroics, when we actualy have damage.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5562&e=6134
    his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character//Mheg/
    Not holy shocking enough is BIG. The reason we holy shock isn't for the heal, you need to be generating holy power and if you aren't you aren't getting out Eternal Flames and your overall HPS will tank. He needs to work on getting his holy shock usage up, as well as getting more Holy Power from Holy Radiance and/or Tower of Radiance.

On the majority of fights, your monk should be beating the paladin. Druids should be least on par if not better (hasn't been the case in my experience though).

Quote Originally Posted by JRizzler View Post
    I don't exactly know if I am going about the spec right... I'd like to get a general idea as to what I should be doing...
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hanos/advanced
    WoLs from previous raid night (Council of Elders Attempts): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/n0ojy...ses&boss=69078

I feel as if I am going oom far too quick... and I've noticed I've been panic healing alot during large spikes of damage (Malakk Stacks + Frostbite / Biting Cold specifically.)
    Any and all critiques and feedback are much appreciated!
    Other than your 1 80 int/160 mastery gem which could be replaced I don't see any gearing issues.
    I took a look at your longest council fight. I don't see anything that pops out to me in terms of your healing order. Make sure you always have your beacon of light up before pull...there's no reason to put it on a few second into the fight. Holy shock usage could be better. Holy Prism is really nice during this fight so keep up the usage of that as well. Try to prioritize using holy radiance. If your tanks aren't taking too much damage (aka not during frigid assault) you can swap your beacon to any frostbite targets to heal them through that. You should have at least 1 or 2 melee in your group to make using HR much better HPS than DL. In your logs it's more of that you aren't using HR enough maybe before you're having mana issues. Best thing I can recommend for your mana issues is to watch your cooldowns. Don't wait till your at 50% before popping Divine Plea or using your trinket. In a 4 minute fight you should at least be able to get it off twice.
    The major source of the problem is your use of healing cooldowns. I don't see any uses of Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor or Guardian of the Ancient Kings in 10 attempts. I'm not sure if you just forgot them or what it is, but if you use these it will prevent the need to spam your healing spells and go oom faster. You should try out Holy Avenger rather than Divine Purpose for this fight. I typically run with this now for predictable damage like discharge or stacking EFs to heal the beacon target. Regardless I'd high recommend finding a way to keep track of the use of these.

hello guys, my friend QI received avatar already commented about my difficulty with you, I'm so new here as with the class, and I need some help in qon iron because my hps was actually very low compared to others that heal me some items were exchanged yesterday as head before 522 483 t15 and belt before the fight wol most extensive being the first time I post here I'm not allowed to put links but he already posted our log and my armory so I post release
    Nvm found it. Also your armory link is messed up. Here's one that works: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mheg/advanced. My guild one tanks this boss with a monk tank and me bopping the impale stacks off. We also have melee take all of the final 6-7 fire stacks. I go holy avenger for this because there are some periods of very high damage and some periods of low. We also have 3 melee apart from the tank so I usually use my holy radiance on them and it's even easier to do on Iron Qon since melee need to stack. The holy shock issue has already been mentioned. I also see that he could be using Divine Plea more if he's going OOM. His cooldown usage seems fine. I'm by no means perfect but just using comparisons, my guild's kill was around a minute and half shorter than your try and I got around 30 more HP out of using more HR and 30 more HP from using more holy shocks. These would translate to a ton of more healing from your mastery and EF if you would use HR more often. It looks like you have a rogue and dk in your group which is the same as mine so it would benefit you to use HR on these players if everyone else is spread out.
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-06-12 at 02:55 PM.

in cases where the damage is low worth using the eternal flame with 1-2 holy power? or always use 3?

worth using the LoD to spend HP or just use EF?
    Last edited by Mheg; 2013-06-12 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mheg View Post
    in cases where the damage is low worth using the eternal flame with 1-2 holy power? or always use 3?

worth using the LoD to spend HP or just use EF?
    Low damage situations it's fine really to do whatever. I'm not one to completely shy away from using LoD when it's called for. On Iron Qon though, apart from the last phase and maybe parts of the third phase or after windstorm, I tend to stay away from it. I only typically use it on full on raid-wide AOE damage.

Please, if you are unsure about something you plan to post, research it first. Don't just throw random info out!

Quote Originally Posted by Choob View Post
    Please, if you are unsure about something you plan to post, research it first. Don't just throw random info out!
    What/who would that be aimed at?

Old guild fell apart and I'm trialing with a new 25 man heroic guild. I can top the charts on Jin'Rohk and Horridon (I was happy to beat a disc priest last week.) But I'm having issues with heroic Tortos and heroic Megaera.

I've never been stellar at Megaera, but there's some burst of healing that I'm missing as a holy paladin on the stack-up phases. I use light's hammer, but should I be combining it with DF? (Was in 10's prior and I've mostly used Prism.) What are some tricks to increase healing output? I've only had like two pulls on heroic.

How do I get optimal stacks of that shield buff built up on the raid for Tortos? Any tricks to increase healing output here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurobara View Post
    Old guild fell apart and I'm trialing with a new 25 man heroic guild. I can top the charts on Jin'Rohk and Horridon (I was happy to beat a disc priest last week.) But I'm having issues with heroic Tortos and heroic Megaera.

I've never been stellar at Megaera, but there's some burst of healing that I'm missing as a holy paladin on the stack-up phases. I use light's hammer, but should I be combining it with DF? (Was in 10's prior and I've mostly used Prism.) What are some tricks to increase healing output? I've only had like two pulls on heroic.

How do I get optimal stacks of that shield buff built up on the raid for Tortos? Any tricks to increase healing output here?
    Tortos is pretty shit fight for holy paladins and other healers will be better on that fight. Just pop your cds and get EFs rolling on people. That fight's rather boring on heroic.

On megaera try to get some eternal flame rolling on raid before rampages to stack mastery shield. There's nothing special really to do exta healing on fight, just use your cds and spam holy radiance, holy shock and EF. For cds: make sure to pick up holy avenger since it's pretty awesome. Use your guardian on first rampage so it will be available for the 6th one.

Old guild fell apart and I'm trialing with a new 25 man heroic guild. I can top the charts on Jin'Rohk and Horridon (I was happy to beat a disc priest last week.)
    If you beat a disc priest on Horridon, he just sucks. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Tortos is pretty shit fight for holy paladins and other healers will be better on that fight. Just pop your cds and get EFs rolling on people. That fight's rather boring on heroic.

On megaera try to get some eternal flame rolling on raid before rampages to stack mastery shield. There's nothing special really to do exta healing on fight, just use your cds and spam holy radiance, holy shock and EF. For cds: make sure to pick up holy avenger since it's pretty awesome. Use your guardian on first rampage so it will be available for the 6th one.
    With EF blanketing do we still use the 1 hopo EF or do we go up to 3?

With EF blanketing do we still use the 1 hopo EF or do we go up to 3?
    It depends on your raid, with 1 HP you tend to get massively GCD locked, 2 can be good but sometimes you'd rather put 3HP on some high priority people

can someone go over EF. ive been putting it on myself for a higher beacon tick. is that correct?

also i notice i can rotate on about 3 people before i have to refresh it on myself. i can get more on if i spam HR but im not always spamming that. been trying out beacon glph with DL macro.

or am i really supposed to be looking at it like a holy shock in that its a big instant heal?

Don't put EF on yourself as standard. Put it on whoever needs it most. The only time you should put it on yourself for the extra beacon transfer is if you're capped for Holy Power and no one needs healing. In that case you're probably the best choice unless you're anticipating someone else will take damage.

hello guys, first I want to thank you for the help that was given to me, it really was much more effective with the tips vc's and hj thanks to these tips and some new items'm right near the monk and druid healing me ... wanted to ask for some tips on tortus shell heroic. I know that this fight is pretty chaotic for holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Mheg View Post
    hello guys, first I want to thank you for the help that was given to me, it really was much more effective with the tips vc's and hj thanks to these tips and some new items'm right near the monk and druid healing me ... wanted to ask for some tips on tortus shell heroic. I know that this fight is pretty chaotic for holy paladin
    Tortos is pretty straighforward, blow all your cds, heal the crap out of everything, never stop casting. Glyph DP and take US for Quake Stomp, Devo Aura the nature damage after from Rockfall. Use Judgement for the crystals, melee crystals/boss as much as possible. I use Light's Hammer on melee, some people use Holy Prism. I keep a beacon on our Prot Pally tank and never have to heal him, his shell never breaks.

You want to have everyone's shell at max before a Quake Stomp, do the dance to avoid rockfall, top everyone off so they get crystal shell at 80%+ then max the shell.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quick noobish question. I'm using Grid frames and have spells bound to cast on right click/middle click etc. Does this count as clicking or keybinding?