Page 35 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ryius/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Worldoflogs Link:EDIT - MOST RECENT LOG http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t3z12ghxmlcf8w7x/
    Questions, concerns, expectations:I recently joined this very casual 25m raiding guild, that has been working on Tortos 25N for about 2-3 weeks. I switched over to my disc priest (from hunter) on Tortos to help out with healing (we were 6-7 healing it) tonight. As a result I was taking a much closer look at the healing numbers and noticed the Hpal in 517 ilvl gear putting out what seemed like a very low healing output. Having no other Hpal friends to ask, I wanted to see if there was a major issue here or if I'm just imagining things. Seems like if the Hpal could bring their numbers up (we lose people during the spike phases of stomp+rockfall+too many turtles up) we could cut a healer and have more DPS to down adds/boss faster. Some expert analysis would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jason1975; 2013-07-04 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added most recent log.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Thanks!
    Well your paladin might want to go over some of the healing guides.
    He's using Sacred Shield instead of Eternal flame. And on top of that he only used it once on Try 16 your longest attempt. And only 10 times during the entire night.
    His holy shock usage also needs to go up. Either an addon or TellMeWhen or Weak aura's to remind him/her.
    Hand of Sacrifice, BoP or Hand of Purity wasn't used even though he is specced into purity.
    3 Throughput cooldowns. Guardian of Ancient Kings / Divine Favor / Avenging Wrath. the last 2 got casted once alllll night long. He should use 1 of them after every stomp. Get Holy Avenager and load up people with Eternal flame.
    Devotion aura is not being used either. Use it after the stomp when the rockfalls happen. Most guilds use a cooldown rotation.

He's burning through mana by casting a lot of Flash of Lights on the tanks. Holy radiance tends to be very effective healing in 25mans but it's hardly used.

The raidleader could also assign him to heal tanks and melee dps first. That way he should get a lot of Holy radiance hits that turn into holy power to use on Eternal flames to keep building those mastery shields on players.

And that's just from going over it quickly... I haven't looked at your tanks or other healers etc.

Yeah i decided to take a direct look at rockfall damage.. You guys are standing in them to much. It's causing a lot of instant deaths. Standing directly in them is something the raid group needs to work on.
    Last edited by mmocea7d8b0d33; 2013-07-04 at 05:23 PM. Reason: checked out rockfall

Quote Originally Posted by Narsilon View Post
    Well your paladin might want to go over some of the healing guides.
    He's using Sacred Shield instead of Eternal flame. And on top of that he only used it once on Try 16 your longest attempt. And only 10 times during the entire night.
    His holy shock usage also needs to go up. Either an addon or TellMeWhen or Weak aura's to remind him/her.
    Hand of Sacrifice, BoP or Hand of Purity wasn't used even though he is specced into purity.
    3 Throughput cooldowns. Guardian of Ancient Kings / Divine Favor / Avenging Wrath. the last 2 got casted once alllll night long. He should use 1 of them after every stomp. Get Holy Avenager and load up people with Eternal flame.
    Devotion aura is not being used either. Use it after the stomp when the rockfalls happen. Most guilds use a cooldown rotation.

He's burning through mana by casting a lot of Flash of Lights on the tanks. Holy radiance tends to be very effective healing in 25mans but it's hardly used.

The raidleader could also assign him to heal tanks and melee dps first. That way he should get a lot of Holy radiance hits that turn into holy power to use on Eternal flames to keep building those mastery shields on players.

And that's just from going over it quickly... I haven't looked at your tanks or other healers etc.

Yeah i decided to take a direct look at rockfall damage.. You guys are standing in them to much. It's causing a lot of instant deaths. Standing directly in them is something the raid group needs to work on.
    So Sorry!! I linked an old WoL by accident. This is for last night:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t3z12ghxmlcf8w7x/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    So Sorry!! I linked an old WoL by accident. This is for last night:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t3z12ghxmlcf8w7x/
    Well he did increase his hand of purity usage and his Sacred shield... but otherwise the same advice really. Should really give Holy Radiance a try to generate more holy power. And do aoe healing. His Sacred shield uptime should be 100% on the tank it's not.

For the rest of the raid.. stop standing in the rockfalls... the only exception is the turtle kicker who might have to because some twat was standing behind his/her turtle and caused to spawn one.

Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...usprime/simple
    WoL; I actually can't figure out how to get it to work.
    Problem Fights; Everything in ToT

In place of WoL. I'll explain what I do, because it isn't much and I think that's my issue (I'll also add that I ONLY do LFR and I just heal whoever needs it, usually as many people as I can all at once).

I use Holy Radiance... a lot. Tons. It's actually my go-to heal for the most part. 2x HR and with the stacks now up, I dump a Holy Shock and pop a LoD. Very little of the other single-target spells, and I'm specced for Eternal Flame but I'm not a good judge at when to use it so I don't, maybe 2x a fight. I do have Beacon on one of the tanks at all times. I use Holy Prism (boss targeted) on CD, or delayed if I know there's an AoE move coming shortly. I use the glove enchant every time its off CD, Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor usually during periods of frantic "need it now" healing, or on CD if the fight doesn't have those. Seal of Insight is always up.

My top 3 heals are in any order;
    Holy Radiance
    Illuminated Healing
    Light of Dawn

This usually plops me in ~57k, 58k hps but with low total healing. Since it is only LFR and the fights tend to be short and more about burst, a paladin I spoke with said she goes for haste and crit as opposed to mastery, but I'm getting whooped by other mastery paladins. I've not had great luck with trinkets (and I'm probably going to get the SPAssault trinket if anyone here thinks it's at least better than my blue?), other than lousy gear I'm out of ideas.

Edit; It shows a lot of things as unenchanted but I swear they are actually enchanted, I just took care of it a couple hours ago but it still hasn't updated.
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2013-07-05 at 04:21 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    As we found out in another thread. CS isn't mana free using the meta.

FoL is good because ideally. if you are complete free when the meta is up you can get 2 flashes and a holy shock or maybe Holy Prism.
    Yeah just to add to this, even if CS was mana free I'd still not bother with it. I always use FoL on beacon target when it procs, its good on animus hc at the start too for when the tank takes the 3 golems, as soon as you see the golems going towards the tank cast a holy light (just to proc the meta and not leave you in a GCD) then you can spam 4 FoL on the tank and gain the HoPo. (Only works with BL up, which we have on the pull there)

Would work on Durumu too since BL is often used at the start there.

Without BL, aslong as you are not stuck in a GCD you can always get x3 FoL and a Holy Shock/Prism off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    My top 3 heals are in any order;
    Holy Radiance
    Illuminated Healing
    Light of Dawn
    Mastery stacked paladin should have illuminated healing top on LFR. Looks like you have a lot of things to work on. To start, your gems are mostly wrong. At your ilvl you should be gemming and reforging for spirit, as your spirit is extremely low. Usual rule of thumb for gems is purified in red, zen in yellow, sparkling in blue sockets.

The other major thing you need to work on is spell usage. Using Eternal Flame 2x in a fight is too low. You should get in the mind set that you use EF except when you need the burst healing for LoD. Make sure you use a raid ui that tracks the stacks and duration of EF on raid members. In order to generate enough holy power, you'll have to remember to holy shock whenever it is off cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Yeah just to add to this, even if CS was mana free I'd still not bother with it. I always use FoL on beacon target when it procs, its good on animus hc at the start too for when the tank takes the 3 golems, as soon as you see the golems going towards the tank cast a holy light (just to proc the meta and not leave you in a GCD) then you can spam 4 FoL on the tank and gain the HoPo. (Only works with BL up, which we have on the pull there)

Would work on Durumu too since BL is often used at the start there.

Without BL, aslong as you are not stuck in a GCD you can always get x3 FoL and a Holy Shock/Prism off.
    Dunno how you do DA, but all the damage is frontstacked on the start for us. CS is extremely useful for HP building along with HA. I start with 5hp (why wouldnt you?), first EF goes on the spriest who's tanking 2, then wings dp, prism, ha, hs on the tank/other target, ef, cs to build back to 5, ef ef, blabla. (mana is a non issue there anyway, and fol takes longer.
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2013-07-05 at 11:24 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hardly ever bother using CS as the chance for it to miss/dodge/parry or w/e just doesn't make it an attractable source of HP for me, as for starting DA with 5 Hp again I see no reason really, due to the fact you gain 4 for free during the meta proc anyway. (and thats the only reason I mentioned DA anyway)
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-07-05 at 11:26 AM.

you gain 4 for free during the meta proc
    What? Exaggeration is unnecessary.

I just hardly ever bother using CS as the chance for it to miss/dodge/parry or w/e just doesn't make it an attractable source of HP for me, as for starting DA with 5 Hp again I see no reason really, due to the fact you gain 4 for free during the meta proc anyway. (and thats the only reason I mentioned DA anyway)
    Because HP you start with gives you a full mana bar because of out of combat regen, and you can prepot and stack two big fat 3pt EFs on people in the first seconds of the fight for close to zero cost. It also means you're pre-shielding people around you who will be taking damage from the golems. I start every fight with a full HP bar and pre-pot, there's no reason ever not to.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    What? Exaggeration is unnecessary.
    How is that an exaggeration?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Because HP you start with gives you a full mana bar because of out of combat regen, and you can prepot and stack two big fat 3pt EFs on people in the first seconds of the fight for close to zero cost. It also means you're pre-shielding people around you who will be taking damage from the golems. I start every fight with a full HP bar and pre-pot, there's no reason ever not to.
    I know how that works :P I'm just talking about the meta proc, sure get 5 HoP pre pull, but use them before the pull so you can gain the extra HoP from the meta proccing (which 99% of times will always occur on the first heal in combat)

Here are some logs of mine to be critiqued please! Bear in mind this is very much my offspec, I only switch to heal when we need 3 healers on HC fights, so far this has been megaera and council. I'm linking meg and council, both were our first kills and both were as messy as hell :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9295&e=9744 Council

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5684&e=6082 Meg

My holy shock uptime needs work for sure but on a fight like council I'm very unsure what healing style to adopt. I need to HR to get holy power but I don't feel I'm using it effectively. I'm also torn as to whether to use light of dawn or just try to blanket with EF? Both fights feel nuts to me with so much crap flying around but I don't feel I react appropriately when shit hits the fan :P

Please help a struggling prot pala!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Here are some logs of mine to be critiqued please!...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9295&e=9744 Council
    Starting with just this, couple of observations:

1) Personally I would pick prism over light's hammer for this fight, especially for 10m. Basically you can cast a prism every discharge (roughly) while LH will only cover one discharge during Kaz's empowerment. If you do use LH try to use it on discharges. Prism is also superior for the remainder of the fight.

2) You want to get as much EF out as possible before and in the early discharge phases, prioritize people with high stacks of shadowed soul. If your raid is getting low, you can weave in a couple of light of dawn casts. Also you can stack near the boss and weave in crusader strikes during discharge if you want since you are killing Sul early.

hello guys, I would like some tips to better optimize the metagen proc ... I feel I can get more out of it but still do not know how

Here, fix my heals please. I consider myself a veteran, but I haven't played for some time and I feel that things changed a bit while I was gone. Sadly, I do not have WoL ... but I'd appreciate some comments on gear/enchants/talents/ etc. The whole shabang basically.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...reios/advanced

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
    Here, fix my heals please. I consider myself a veteran, but I haven't played for some time and I feel that things changed a bit while I was gone. Sadly, I do not have WoL ... but I'd appreciate some comments on gear/enchants/talents/ etc. The whole shabang basically.

Thanks in advance!
    Replace the Inscribed Bag of Crap as soon as possible. Do not bother gemming for 60 stat sockets unless it is already the color gem you were going to use anyways. Pure Mastery>Pure Int if you are good on your regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareios View Post

Thanks in advance!
    What Freia said, along with replacing your chest enchant with +200 Spirit and grinding out lots of valor for almost all the pieces

Okay I simply couldn't find a MW fix my heals in the first 4 pages of their forums so I decided to post here. Last night on H Megaera our MW was quit honestly shit. Let me preface this a little bit. I'm currently switching from my paladin to my Shaman and while my elemental set is good my resto is not, but we should have been able to kill Meg without me switching back to my paladin.
    MW's armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Athyris/simple
    World of logs- http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xp...ses&boss=68065
    Any tips for him to improve on I know this isn't our area of expertise, but I don't know the monk healing class at all and I figured some of y'all might.

I know almost nothing about monks either, but here's a comparison between your monk and our monk (who is frankly, fricken amazing) so you can see what they did differently: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51dda...00027b#summary

The standout to me is Rushing Jade Wind vs. Chi Torpedo. This is 25m vs. 10m so it may just be a scaling factor too. Your monk just doesn't have as many targets but Renewing Mist uptime seems low, Uplift healing seems low, Chi Burst use seems low, Chi Brew isn't being used on CD, Expel Harm isn't being used on CD...

I would put my money on needing some UI improvements to track all the short duration cds that monks have in order to maximize use.

Hope that helps a little!
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.