Page 36 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tell the MW to use Renewing Mist on cd,
    On rampages: Thunder Tea to put RM on the raid, Uplift+Uplift, Chi Brew, Uplift+Uplift.

Also, very poor use of Chi Burst. That will do ~1mil of healing at least when stacked for Rampages.
    Last edited by Deipotent; 2013-07-10 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by travtastic View Post
    Okay I simply couldn't find a MW fix my heals in the first 4 pages of their forums so I decided to post here. Last night on H Megaera our MW was quit honestly shit. Let me preface this a little bit. I'm currently switching from my paladin to my Shaman and while my elemental set is good my resto is not, but we should have been able to kill Meg without me switching back to my paladin.
    MW's armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Athyris/simple
    World of logs- http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xp...ses&boss=68065
    Any tips for him to improve on I know this isn't our area of expertise, but I don't know the monk healing class at all and I figured some of y'all might.
    For future reference, post it in the guide forum and people will sort it out there. He's clearly not even bothered putting his character through basic optimizations, he can still lose a lot of spirit. You can't really compare between 10 & 25 logs because of how TFT & Renewing Mist work.

I am looking for some help with H twins i feel like im missing something . i cant post any links yet but my toon is Scrêws on Zul'jin. if anyone has any tips that might help that would be great.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AAws/simple
    World of Logs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fceejcqx02fduon3/ (7/9/13, 4 attempts on HConsorts)

• Cooldown usage needs to be improved a lot. I'd recommend going holy avenger for this fight as there are points where the damage ramps up quite a lot (near end of phase 1) and explosions in phase 2. Only saw you use 1 Avenging Wrath, 1 Divine Favor and 1 GotAK in the 4 wipes, 2.5 min, 2x 4 min and one 7 min.
    • Tier 6 talent needs to be used much more. Whether it's prism or hammer both viable on this, probably prism for 10 man. You'll get a lot more healing from just using those...
    • Recommend finding more places to use HR rather than so many DLs.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    [*]Tier 6 talent needs to be used much more. Whether it's prism or hammer both viable on this, probably prism for 10 man. You'll get a lot more healing from just using those...
    Light's Hammer does NOT stack the healer debuff on this fight but HP does and since you can't tell it NOT to hit the beast tank it's a easy way to nuke yourself if you're not careful. For 25m that makes LH miles better since it's also good on Inferno stacking. Not sure if that's useful information for 10m but it makes HP almost useless in P1.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Light's Hammer does NOT stack the healer debuff on this fight but HP does and since you can't tell it NOT to hit the beast tank it's a easy way to nuke yourself if you're not careful. For 25m that makes LH miles better since it's also good on Inferno stacking. Not sure if that's useful information for 10m but it makes HP almost useless in P1.
    HP is liable to get you 4 stacks or something per use lol. Not even sure how as it can only heal the tank once? Its interaction is broken. It's still useful, but you need to use it defensively instead of offensively.

I offered the 10m comments because this guy raids 10 man. Agree that LH is better in 25m though. Plus the way my guild does it, the tank with the beast typically is the kiting tank for Suen so they're away from the boss at times or at least I can find times to use HP such that it doesn't hit the tank with the debuff. However when I do I typically get 2 stacks, never seen 4 stacks o.o

Thanks for the help. We got it in a few pulls .

Deleted
    Hi everybody.

At the moment our raid is getting its ways through ToT. We are rather casual, raiding 10normal once a week and had bit of bad luck concerning raid members. Anyway, we got owned by Council of Elders. Despite many other points, healing seems to be one part of the problem. So, how can I as Holy Pally get better? I have the feeling, that there is room for improvement, but I do not see where exactly. WoL ranks me at around 60% to 65%. I am not aiming at top of the ranks, mind you. Just looking for ways to improve my healing (and impress my raid!) step by step.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zirkel-des-cenarius/Malayka/advanced

My, lets call it Gearing idea, as I did not spend so much time on it to bring it to an strategy: intellect, spirit and mastery.

Latest log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3s92qjneec1r785p/details/11/

My task would be to heal mainly tanks. Other healers are priest and monk.

First ideas would be to make more and hopefully clever use of my beacon, replace it more often in order to get more healing on chars in need there of. One point certainly is reaction time and movement. I am aware of that and try to get better on that.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmocd9bcb5be00; 2013-07-12 at 08:03 PM.

Whew! Finally managed to stalk your character page out: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...narius/Malayka

In terms of gearing...I'd generally socket pure spirit for blue, spirit/int for red and spirit/mastery for yellow. Socketting pure intellect doesn't benefit us as greatly as socketing int or mastery right now and you could still use more spirit. Also, you're not using your blacksmithing sockets or your belt socket!!! Lastly, almost any other 496+ trinket is better than Jade Courtesan...replace that as soon as you can. Shado-pan trinket is good idea.

My task would be to heal mainly tanks.
    This is the first area you can change. Paladins believe it or not, apart from maybe keeping tanks alive through some timely uses of GotAK aren't the best tank healers. Furthermore, you'll see a lot more HPS if you place you beacon on the active tank and rather heal the raid. Also depending on how good your tank is at playing the game/geared tank damage in ToT is pretty laughable even through some heroic fights. There's almost no need to assign specific healing in normal modes.

The second point is that you're not choosing eternal flame as your tier 3 talent. I would therefore recommend that you get some more pointers on why to use this by looking at the holy paladin guide on the forums here. The only thing I can say is that speccing into eternal flame will increase your HPS greatly over what sacred shield is currently giving you. It gives you the ability to raid heal and through your beacon heal the tank and is one of the central points to holy paladin play (right now, may change in upcoming patch).

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick answer!

The char page you find seems to be outdated. The missing sockets are fixed. Link to current profile is posted.

I am working on the trinket. I currently cannot spend as much time online as I want, and frankly: farming sucks. But be it as it may, trinket in progress.

Is EF really that better? I will give it a try.

Layka

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I just came back to the raiding scene on my pally and quite frankly I am at a loss. I have been looking at forums and logs and just can't seem to figure out ef blanketing. In theory it seems easy spread ef on the raid using HR, Shock on cd to build HP, however whenever I try to do this my through put is far behind what I believe my gear level should be able to do. I've tried 3 stack HP style 2 stack and even 1 stack but unless I pool HP and Lod after damage I am not seeing my through put high enough to justify a raidspot. Please keep in mind this is the second week of seeing these fights and still am adjusting when to use cds and I know that needs to be worked on but any help would be great. Please note I am using the wings glyph as I have roughly 70 to 100 k health than everyone else in raid but I do change glyphs and talents based on fight. My use of Lights was low do to fear of healing the add tank too much as you can see it took a few pulls to figure out what spells were giving me the debuff.

Unfortunately, I cannot post and or link my armory or wol due to this being my first post /sigh. So upon asking for help please armory annatom on bleeding hollow and parses are under golden rain bleeding hollow (not my actual guild tag). Thanks in advance anyone willing to help

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...natom/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/246932/

I went ahead and looked at Tortos since that's a good spamfest fight to see what you're doing. First thing I noticed is that you're not using HS on cd. So you have fewer EF out than you should. You also, as you mentioned, used LoD at all. Stop that. Just... stop. You can't freak out and start spamming LoD if your intent is to EF blanket the raid. The biggest problem with your approach to this fight is that you held your cds for why I don't even know so your healing is flatlined for the entire fights. If you look at top holy pally parses you can see very definite healing spikes when cds are up and when the mastery absorb spikes happen.

I ran a compare against Kmy from Accidentally to show you the difference in spell breakdown between the two of you. http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51e45...00036a#summary

This isn't a perfect comparison at all since he was still using T14 4pc but even in more recent parses without that advantage EF is the top heal for ever ranking paladin on this fight. I had to go back in time quite a bit to find a parse that had the same fight length since your kill is pretty long. Your EF uptime is under 90%, should be 100%.

I looked at you vs. Kolori from Immersion for Megeara. http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51e45...000ddc#summary

Both these parses are from 7/11 so same date. There is going to be a pretty decent gear difference between the two of you but you can still see that he's casting a lot of HR and stacking a lot of EF. He has 201 applications of EF to your 54. Again, you're relying on LoD and this fight is significantly more friendly to an LoD playstyle than Tortos is but by casting LoD and a shocking number of HL you're missing out on being able to generate hp via HR (74 vs. 92) which translates to an extra 7 3pt EFs out of the raid from that alone. Your EF uptime is shy of 70% when it should be pretty much 100%.

Anyway, I hope that gives you some stuff to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    It most certainly does, this being my second week raiding on my pally I find myself thinking lod or ef instead of just doing one or the other, holding cds too long and then realizing how many I have wasted, I believe I have a decent grasp of when to use cds now and have made a powa aura for both prism and holy shock as well. However when reading parses I can see hp gained and applications of ef, is the best way to determine how many stacks of holy power used per ef just dividing or should I always use 3 or better yet determine that on my own on a fight to fight basis? My only concern with using ef only with 3 stacks is that without holy avenger I won't be able to cover enough of the raid.

You'll never get the entire raid on 25m. It won't happen. The general playstyle as I do it is to shoot for 2-3 pt EF on as many as I can do. Fire HR and HS into melee and blanket range. You're not the only healer and the other have tools to cover where you don't have EF/IH out so don't stress out too badly on that stuff.

Just wondering if someone could look over this log concerning the pally healer. Whether its low or about right in healing and type of healing. Thanks

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8240&e=8520

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncant65 View Post
    Just wondering if someone could look over this log concerning the pally healer. Whether its low or about right in healing and type of healing. Thanks

link the complete log again, because this link is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncant65 View Post

Took a look at these 3 logs, being the longer ones.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6492&e=6770 - 4:37, 3 heal
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8240&e=8520 - 4:39, 2 heal
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9053&e=9304 - 4:10, 2 heal

The first two of these he was significantly lower than either the disc priest and resto druid while in the last one he was on par. Also checking the gear comparison between your healers, I see your paladin is the worst geared but only barely and shouldn't make the difference as big as it is.

As per typical areas of improvement, he could use his healing cooldowns more frequently. In 4+ minutes you should expect to see two uses of the 3 minute cooldowns and of the 2 minute cooldowns. Healing relevant talents like Holy Avenger or Holy Prism should be used on cooldown as much as possible. I'd suggest Holy Avenger for this fight to deal with intense periods of damage from Kazra'jin's reflect damage or Mar'li's empowerment. Holy Prism is fine but he might want to think about Light's Hammer for the same big damage phases as most of the raid is close if not stacked up. Mana return cooldowns should also be used as much as possible since this fight is fairly mana intensive if you intend to two heal it.

Gonna comment in general looking at his healing ranks.
    One of the things that's concerning is his holy shock is his third top heal below two basically passive healing mechanics. I'm not sure how to put it but it indicates that he's just not healing enough. Looking at when he died during your wipes, it doesn't seem to me that he died extremely far ahead of other healers. I know looking at WoL's active % usually means diddly squat but a holy paladin with an active time in the top 80% is usually a red flag. Several ways he could improve this:
    - His holy shock percentage is also low (~50%). In a 4 minute fight for example he should shoot for at least the low 30s (~75% possible HS). Increase this, track for the CD.
    - He got around 35 HP each fight for a nearly 4.5 minute fight. When he's not using holy shock, he should be using HR primarily apart fom heavy damage phases like frigid assasult to generate more holy power. The only situations I will sit down and use HL in are if I'm not expecting a lot of heavy damage and I am nearly capped on my holy power. I'm pretty sure the first phase of this is not like that. He needs to keep his HP generation up to be tossing out those eternal flames and occasional LoDs and using mana CD for the first phase.
    - One thing I often do in 10 man is to swap my beacon to the frigid assault person if there is one or at least swap it between the active tanks. I see zero swaps of beacon. Therefore a portion of his beacon heals will most likely be going to someone who has nearly full or full life (the off-tank). He's using too much LoD (yeah even for 10 man). You can benefit greatly from using EFs during the first phase of the fight as there isn't too much raid damage, but a lot of single target nukes. LoD I would still using for example during the raid AOE situations I listed above but it definitely shouldn't come in above Eternal Flame.
    - Be it Holy Prism or Light's Hammer, you spec in to it for a reason so you should use it.

I am looking for some advice for Heroic Durmu the Forgotten. We will be making your first attempt tonight. Sorry still cant link toon or logs.
    Scrêws/ Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Layka View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer!

The char page you find seems to be outdated. The missing sockets are fixed. Link to current profile is posted.

I am working on the trinket. I currently cannot spend as much time online as I want, and frankly: farming sucks. But be it as it may, trinket in progress.

Is EF really that better? I will give it a try.

Layka
    EF is the best talent in that tier for holy paladins by a country mile.