Page 37 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello fellow Champs,

Recently I just started gearing my paladin for Holy (Ret main spec atm) for shit and giggles, nothing serious.

My armory is in my sig and that's what I have so far. Missing several pieces. As a paladin, what should I stack/reforge/gem for? Should I refrain from TRYING (LFR, 5 mans) to heal until I get my other pieces? Should I buy the lvling greens? Or should I go for it as it is to try it out?

Insight would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    SNIP
    You're fine to heal heroics or LFR...stat priority is spirit to a point where you feel mana is fine, then full mastery typically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    You're fine to heal heroics or LFR...stat priority is spirit to a point where you feel mana is fine, then full mastery typically.
    Take a look at my gear and please let me know what should I gem for? Should I match all the bonuses and gem for spirit when possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Take a look at my gear and please let me know what should I gem for? Should I match all the bonuses and gem for spirit when possible?
    Ya, match the socket bonus. 320 spirit for blue, 160int/160 mastery for yellows and 80int/160 spirit for red.

And as Monikasun said, when youre comfortable you can start reforging/gemming for full mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    Ya, match the socket bonus. 320 spirit for blue, 160int/160 mastery for yellows and 80int/160 spirit for red.

And as Monikasun said, when youre comfortable you can start reforging/gemming for full mastery.

Don't match 60 stat bonuses unless it is a primary color you were going to gem anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Don't match 60 stat bonuses unless it is a primary color you were going to gem anyways.
    I usually do out of OCD/laziness, but you're right that it's not always optimal.

Have been thinking about this since yesterdays raid, i'm currently siting on 13k spirit with only 26.10% mastery
    Been thinking about replaceing some spirit gems with mastery.
    After seeing many paladins with devine purpose go with alot of mastery.
    And paladins with avenger going with more spirit.
    I'm a purpose lover so should i gem more mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    Have been thinking about this since yesterdays raid, i'm currently siting on 13k spirit with only 26.10% mastery
    Been thinking about replaceing some spirit gems with mastery.
    After seeing many paladins with devine purpose go with alot of mastery.
    And paladins with avenger going with more spirit.
    I'm a purpose lover so should i gem more mastery?
    You can argue that Holy Avenger requires more spirit because you used more spells for the duration but I think the spirit difference is miniscule. It's more up to whether you are going OOM on fights or not. If not gem mastery, if so, keep your spirit where it is. This is of course assuming you're using your mana return cooldowns judiciously. Do you raid 10 or 25 man? In 10 man progression (which I raid) you might be in a situation where you get less mana returns (no tides, no innervate) and then you should probably just stick to the intellect/spirit build than the mastery gearing strategy. In 25 mans, you'll probably safe at least replacing your blue gems with spirit/mastery. It's only (typically) when your mastery gets a lot better at higher gear levels and the sheer amount of mastery you have off-sets your lack of regen when you can gem full on mastery or if you have a lot of mana return cooldowns. Ultimately it's up to you and what kind of mana situation you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    Been thinking about replaceing some spirit gems with mastery. After seeing many paladins with devine purpose go with alot of mastery. And paladins with avenger going with more spirit. I'm a purpose lover so should i gem more mastery?
    1) No such thing as "person with this or that" even using Avenger I still use DP on 2 fights this tier.

2) Do you have Horridon's trinket, the cloak, or the Meta gem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Greetings and hello's, trying to seek council here among this thread.

Apparently I am marked for doing things wrong, and some point of me then wishes to improve of course. I have already been pointed out that Long arm of the law is bad (even though, I have been used to using judgement with 1.5 sec of no healing - all the way back from when Judgement of Wisdom was in the book), so will try and test if Speed of Light in the Throne of Thunder 25 man run tonight.

As well, I have taken mark from some stating glyphs would need a redo as well. Though, I am with beacon mainly on tanks only during the fights - hence no beacon glyph.

I play with a mastery build mainly on Taelan, my Holy Paladin.

WoW heroes Profile shows some logs. I admit, I don't know anything about World of Logs, I just know that they appear on the page too. July 23rd is me tanking though, just to spare time.

Once more, hoping for the ring on Horridon as an upgrade and of course if any good upgrades appear. I know there's 1 item not upgraded on my profile, but it's due to saving points for the Horridon ring to appear as I also am building up my tanking again. Don't wish to waste anything, heh.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-25 at 05:56 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Do you have any logs we can look at?
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added my WoW heroes profile, contains some World of Logs. Though, do not know how to use that site, so used WoW-heroes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Read this: http://intplate.com/what-are-these-l...ich-you-speak/

I'll look at your logs in a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so a brief glance over your logs from 7/18 and I can see a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not going to sugar coat this since you and I have already gone around in another thread. You're not pushing your buttons.

It seems like Holy Light is your go to spell, your Eternal Flame uptime is atrocious when you bother to cast it at all and specifically on Council, you didn't nor do I see any SS or Selfless Healer anywhere so I'm assuming you have EF talented there. You're not using Holy Shock on cd and as you bragged in the other thread you don't use your throughput cooldowns at all. Although, even though you smugly said you never use Divine Plea, turns out you do.

I don't really know what to tell you specifically except to read the guide that Kerfax posted at the top of these forums and try to rethink the way holy paladins work since nothing I'm looking at makes me think you really know what's going on in our current state.

At first glance you have alot of spirit, you could afford to put some zen gems in those blue sockets.

Now, to the logs. I went over the ones from july 18th
    You judge, stop that. There is zero reason to judge the boss, it's a waste of mana and a waste of gcd's. You are using holy shock offensively, I have no idea why, stop that. Your use of your cooldowns is horrid, there are bosses (most of them) where you don't use a single one. You're spending all your HP on LoD instead of EF. Your timing of Holy Prism is off, don't just use on cd. You're not beacon swapping even on fights where the tanks are actually swapping and one isn't even taking damage. You're using FoL glyph, but never use FoL.

I'm gonna be blunt, you need to research the basics of paladin healing. There is so much wrong with what you're doing I find it somewhat surprising that you're asking for advice because a quick google search would tell you that you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Read this: http://intplate.com/what-are-these-l...ich-you-speak/

I'll look at your logs in a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so a brief glance over your logs from 7/18 and I can see a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not going to sugar coat this since you and I have already gone around in another thread. You're not pushing your buttons.

It seems like Holy Light is your go to spell, your Eternal Flame uptime is atrocious when you bother to cast it at all and specifically on Council, you didn't nor do I see any SS or Selfless Healer anywhere so I'm assuming you have EF talented there. You're not using Holy Shock on cd and as you bragged in the other thread you don't use your throughput cooldowns at all. Although, even though you smugly said you never use Divine Plea, turns out you do.

I don't really know what to tell you specifically except to read the guide that Kerfax posted at the top of these forums and try to rethink the way holy paladins work since nothing I'm looking at makes me think you really know what's going on in our current state.
    The divine Plea comments from other thread was from previous raid tiers. Used it minimal in current tier. I admit about the EF, I know this is my main flaw. Just trying to remember to use it, and at times, LoD covers for healing gaps. And never bragged about HS on CD.

It's mostly too late to care that much about EF since we're likely not going to be using it next tier but now would be a pretty good time to get real familiar with the way mechanics work and start trying to figure out how you're going to adjust to the new new playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The divine Plea comments from other thread was from previous raid tiers. Used it minimal in current tier. I admit about the EF, I know this is my main flaw. Just trying to remember to use it, and at times, LoD covers for healing gaps. And never bragged about HS on CD.
    So if you are so aware of "what" you are doing wrong, as in your ability usage and the fact that you aren't even using your abilities, then why hasn't it been fixed? I haven't actually seen an ounce of actual feedback from you as to why you have trouble doing any of this. Do you just suck at remembering the cooldowns? Or do you not have the ability bound? Or maybe you don't realize when is the best time to use such abilities so you hold them off forever?

There are guides linked all over the web for how to use world of logs and how to interpret the data, I find it difficult to believe you can't even find your own logs. So it's going to be hard for anyone to take you seriously anywhere else.

Also, off topic, your tanking needs work. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1525&e=1877 all hammer, really?

EF isn't your "main flaw", your main flaw is that you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. When people ask how to heal, and I jokingly answer "just smash buttons", I didn't realize anyone actually took it literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a Holy pally who apped to our guild. Few things I was un sure about I only looked at a few fights but would really like a new set of eyes to check this guy out.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sight/advanced
    His logs. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ht...m/healingDone/ (His name is outasight the holy pally on the logs)
    Tortos 25H was the fight I was paying most attention to. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ht...?s=5167&e=5546
    Maybe little low holy shock usage and low Eternal Flame HOT uptime.
    If anyone can help would love to hear back from you. My guild is 10 man and 11/13H and this pally would probably be on the main team as core healer spot if his trial goes well.

A couple things that stand out to me, the helm and shoulders should be tier instead of offset pieces. I suppose it's possible he's been real unlucky with tier tokens but by this point in the tier that should be a priority. The Lightning-Imbued Chalice is awful compared to the valor trinket from Shado-pan Assault. It's a little weird to reforge out of spirit on the bracers and then put an int/mastery gem in the cloak. Last thing from armory and this may not be a huge deal but inscription and enchanting are none of the top three recommended holy pally professions. We would want blacksmithing and either alchemy or tailoring.

ON TO THE LOGS!

The Tortos log you linked is pretty bad. Under no conditions is LoD better on this fight than spamming EF everywhere. I've never had IH not be my top heal and having EF uptimes under 35% is flat unacceptable. Cooldown usage is terrible, holy shock usage is low by like half. I also don't understand 5 Hand of Freedoms here.
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2013-07-26 at 12:01 AM.