Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
49
89
... LastLast
  1. #761
    513 Holy Pally here. Just looking for some critiquing on my gear and reforge/gem/enchants. I'm not in a position to post a log right now. I think I do pretty decent but am always looking to improve. I raid 10 man ToT. Below is my armory link.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rickson/simple

  2. #762
    Armory is like the least useful piece of information you can give us. The only thing that will give us something to really help you is logs.

    Your spirit might be a little low depending on how overgeared your raid team is for the content. Do mastery to gloves and spirit to chest. Stop being a miner.

    Holy Prism in better in almost every fight in 25m, I doubt that's it's overshadowed by LH on any fight in 10m with the possible exception of Twin Consorts because of the beast debuff but even then I don't really know how hard that hits in normal or if you need to care that much.

    Light of Dawn glyph is bad since you shouldn't be casting it at all even in 10m. I used Divine Protection, Beacon of Light or Avenging Wrath in that 3rd slot.

  3. #763
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Armory is like the least useful piece of information you can give us. The only thing that will give us something to really help you is logs.

    Your spirit might be a little low depending on how overgeared your raid team is for the content. Do mastery to gloves and spirit to chest. Stop being a miner.

    Holy Prism in better in almost every fight in 25m, I doubt that's it's overshadowed by LH on any fight in 10m with the possible exception of Twin Consorts because of the beast debuff but even then I don't really know how hard that hits in normal or if you need to care that much.

    Light of Dawn glyph is bad since you shouldn't be casting it at all even in 10m. I used Divine Protection, Beacon of Light or Avenging Wrath in that 3rd slot.
    Thanks for the response. Yeah I'm just not at home to do a log. I used world of logs last night on an LFR but I'm going to do some in my 10m this week. Is world of logs the best thing to use? I was a bit confused when to sync/start a log and such.

    I honestly don't know why I have LoD glyph bc I never use it. I usually do run with Prism in ToT except on Jin and Maegera where we stack at set times.

  4. #764

  5. #765
    Thank you kindly!

  6. #766
    I raid 25's and on some fights have been getting beaten out by a few people. Nearly all of our healers have the meta and the cloak, so I'm definitely behind gear-wise (got started on the legendary late), but I was hoping I could improve my play some more as well. I read a few posts about how you handle Tortos and I know I'm doing that wrong (not enough EF), but other than that I don't really have a fight that sticks out as a particularly troublesome one.

    Cheers

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liora/advanced

    Tried to pick out logs which had almost all the bosses in them.
    Jin'rokh through Ji-Kun:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vo34ryfwbqiscmp6/
    Primordius onward:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/92bal7ot9mavx79x/
    Lei-Shen:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/18xuu62sjkzoldxb/

  7. #767
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrymp View Post
    I know I'm doing that wrong (not enough EF)
    I didnt study all Logs in detail but this is a big one. EF is SOOOOOOO much better in 99.9% of the situations then LoD. You have to understand how the spell works though. It applies your mastery and even better it keeps the Mastery on the target for longer. LoD gives a low burst in healing and applies the Mastery but it doesnt refreshes the Mastery the way EF does. I looked at your Lei Shen log briefly and there you want to EF blanket as many players as possible in between Thunderstrucks for example.

  8. #768
    I came into the expansion very late, so I think I kept the bad LoD habits from last expansion. Do you have a sort of logical sequence for who you spend your EF on? how many HP per EF? On that note, does anyone know of a good video/write-up on EF blanketing?

    Then again, given 5.3's current state, I may not even want to change my habits...

  9. #769
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrymp View Post
    I came into the expansion very late, so I think I kept the bad LoD habits from last expansion. Do you have a sort of logical sequence for who you spend your EF on? how many HP per EF? On that note, does anyone know of a good video/write-up on EF blanketing?
    Generally 3 HP unless someone will die without getting the initial heal or if I have no other means to spend the GCD. Logic: Tanks, yourself (for the 100% bonus), people who generally need or will need healing, people who need the initial tick all take priority.

  10. #770
    Thanks, fellow Rochesterian. I'll definitely work on changing my style a bit.

  11. #771
    Blademaster Lithiyum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    44

    [Holy] Gearing Opinion and Healing Throughput

    Hey guys,

    Normally I would throw this in the fix my heals thread but I think it needs its own thread because I would like to discuss a certain gearing choice.

    So basically im in a 25M heroic guild that is 13/13. <Crisp> on Baelgun.

    Here is my armory link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiyum/advanced

    Notice here that I have dropped a ton of spirit in favor of stacking heavy mastery. I have about 47.5% with Mastery Buff. I have about 13k Spirit with flask and 300 food. I dont really ever run into any mana issues.

    Here is my logs from this week: *Note* I was only in for Council, Tortos, Mag, Ji'kun, Primordius, and Lei Shen. The logs from Horridon are missing from the report.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z9...?s=3934&e=4273 - Until Animus
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3vz5tg2p4y0er89a/ - Rest of the instance

    Now here is the discussion:

    The disc priest "Luc" in the guild is the healing officer said that my awareness is great and I do the mechanics and strategies well however he would like to see higher numbers. By looking at those logs, is there anything more I can do aside from using EF more? (I looked through them already and concluded my EF usage is too low and my LoD usage is too high atm. Also is my gear limiting me in the current fashion i have it gemmed/reforged? Would I benefit from more haste to snipe heals? I never can really find a clear answer about how much haste is a good amount. I am comfortable with my current spirit level however it doesnt ever hurt really to put some more spirit in.

    What do you guys think? Please be specific, i.e. if you recommend to use more EFs please mention how much holy power I should use when spreading these Efs across the raid and generally where to use them(Ranged or melee).

    Please do not trash talk or say Im bad or whatever else, I will gladly accept well worded and helpful constructive criticism. I am usually the first to admit when I am wrong and that will not change here.

    Thank you!
    Lithiyum

    Side note - As i understand it in the upcoming patch, EF will no longer stack shields which leads me to believe my current healing style is better suited for the upcoming patch considering the buffs to LoD. I will most likely be running SH in place of EF as I was a fan of judging for mana and was used to it for some time so making the adjustment shouldnt be so hard considering the enormous HP generation boost. So far I am liking the changes being made to Holy for the patch, a great re-work of GoAK which was much needed and buffs to LoD as well.

  12. #772
    If you read the current theorycrafting threads and all the many many threads people have started about haste builds you'd already know that the 5.3 recommendation is none.

    The EF issue has been beaten like the dead horse that it is and I can go up two posts from yours to find an answer to your question.

    Using a sub-optimal rotation in current content is not excused by the next patch perhaps favoring that style although it may in fact benefit you in the short term since you won't have to adjust.

    Most of the answers you seek are in this thread or this thread.

  13. #773
    *drumroll*
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12234&e=12585
    This was our last attempt on heroic Ji-kun(10th) before going to normal. Yay for improvement, I still have a way to go but after all the help I think I made some serious headway.
    I'm know I still need to work on CD's, and holy shocks. But is everything else looking better?

  14. #774
    Wipe logs are really hard to read for picky mechanics things. Right off the bat your HS is still on the low side and you're not using HP enough. In a 5 minute fight you can use it a maximum of 15 times for total hits of 75. In the log you posted you have 15. I don't really recommend trying to absolutely max out usage since you want to use it when it will heal and not overheal (after caw, during quills) but even so you had more opportunity to use it.

    Ji-kun can also be hard to judge since the logger has to be with the loggee for the entire fight for the logs to be right since being in (or not in) nests can screw up the logs.

    If you know what you need to work on and it's getting better, just keep working at it! You'll get there!
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2013-08-02 at 06:21 AM.

  15. #775
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreyne View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12234&e=12585
    This was our last attempt on heroic Ji-kun(10th) before going to normal. Yay for improvement, I still have a way to go but after all the help I think I made some serious headway... I'm know I still need to work on CD's, and holy shocks. But is everything else looking better?
    Hard to say with the quill deaths

    You can use Bubble or BoP for a bad quills in case you weren't sure, also I typically don't bother with this but glyph of divine protection might help protect you as well. Typically I will also roll Clemency to BoP several casters if they are caught with a bad one too.

  16. #776
    Hey,

    would love to hear some advice from you guys so I can improve my healing. We are not struggeling on any fight at the moment (our disc is very strong in my opinion) but there is room for more and I want to preform better. I´m glad for every advice or criticism.

    Armory

    eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/malygos/Cthuluh/advanced

    Logs from Jin´rokh to Primordius

    worldoflogs.com/reports/rqby5pt0b9o60id1

    Logs Lei Shen and Ra-den

    worldoflogs.com/reports/16f1auvw9dg6uiz0

    I´m not allowed to post any links yet, sorry for that. :P

  17. #777
    I'd love to get constructive criticism in regards to my performance (or the raid's) during a few of our heroic attempts.

    To begin with, here's my armory:
    wow-heroes.com/character/us/Illidan/Lackjester/

    Council of Elders: Most of our wipes happen at ~1:40 minutes which I believe coincides with Twisted Fate being cast. Is there anything I'm doing wrong though? My raid leader seems hell-bent on us not using raid cool-downs for that part of the fight.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/vbt6it1j8513sf95/fights/

    Tortos/Primordius: Tortos died as soon as our DPS learned to slow the turtles but my output still looks sub-par -- anything I can do to bring it up? Primordius damage seemed unmanageable for reasons unknown.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/u7rmkxmyvxdd0msr/fights/

    Iron Qon: People seemed to die during the storm phase, usually to the tornadoes themselves but also from the ticking damage. Are we supposed to heal during that transition or should we focus solely on getting out safely?
    worldoflogs.com/reports/jvmymoqayh7x2huz/fights/

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Lackjester; 2013-08-04 at 11:48 PM.

  18. #778
    First of all Lackjester ur gemming is kinda off . if ur good with mana regen then u almost go full out mastery if u want u can see my armory link wich is
    holylîghts on eu frostmane in guild called security check it out if u want

    also use the divine plea glyph instead of protector of the innocent if i was u.

    -As for the logs the council log looks fine in my opinion since its 10 man and ofcourse u do bit less hps then in 25 so that was fine.
    -As for ur tortos log ur illuminated healing is pretty low wich is because u only have about 6k mastery buffed wich is really low. Mastery is the way to go on 10 and 25 man with about 15k mastery buffed u do about 12mil healing with ur illuminated healing for sure wich will easily bring u up to 160k hps. Same for ur primordius tries u need more mastery.

    Ye so at the end of the day my conclusion is u need more mastery even if ur raiding 10 man mastery is the best stat we have crit sucks and gemming for crit is pretty weird. So ye this were my idea's to improve healing

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthuluh View Post
    Hey,

    would love to hear some advice from you guys so I can improve my healing. We are not struggeling on any fight at the moment (our disc is very strong in my opinion) but there is room for more and I want to preform better. I´m glad for every advice or criticism.

    Armory

    eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/malygos/Cthuluh/advanced

    Logs from Jin´rokh to Primordius

    worldoflogs.com/reports/rqby5pt0b9o60id1

    Logs Lei Shen and Ra-den

    worldoflogs.com/reports/16f1auvw9dg6uiz0

    I´m not allowed to post any links yet, sorry for that. :P
    First question i have for u cthuluh is are u going oom quickly in raids ? if not then u should really regem into mastery. Like i know 10 man is different then 25 man in point of healing but really if u dont need the spirit then its so wasted. Ur healing is pretty good atm so i think with the bit extra mastery probs about 3-4k then u can easily do about 10-15k hps more on some fights wich is probably what u want .

  19. #779
    Quote Originally Posted by james21m View Post
    First of all Lackjester ur gemming is kinda off . if ur good with mana regen then u almost go full out mastery if u want u can see my armory link wich is
    holylîghts on eu frostmane in guild called security check it out if u want

    also use the divine plea glyph instead of protector of the innocent if i was u.

    -As for the logs the council log looks fine in my opinion since its 10 man and ofcourse u do bit less hps then in 25 so that was fine.
    -As for ur tortos log ur illuminated healing is pretty low wich is because u only have about 6k mastery buffed wich is really low. Mastery is the way to go on 10 and 25 man with about 15k mastery buffed u do about 12mil healing with ur illuminated healing for sure wich will easily bring u up to 160k hps. Same for ur primordius tries u need more mastery.

    Ye so at the end of the day my conclusion is u need more mastery even if ur raiding 10 man mastery is the best stat we have crit sucks and gemming for crit is pretty weird. So ye this were my idea's to improve healing
    Thanks for taking the time to look at my logs and voicing your point of view.

    Unfortunately, I've done the theory-crafting as well as hands-on testing and come to the conclusion that Crit is the best stat for me. I personally believe that the "unreliability" argument against Crit is illogical for many reasons. Likewise, the argument that Illuminated Healing showing up as our best healing spell somehow proves that our Mastery is the best secondary stat also sounds fallacious. Crit benefits are much less noticeable at first glance but lead to better results, by increasing throughput evenly among all spells. That being said, what I'm looking for by posting here is advice regarding spell usage, up-times, CD timing and perhaps mistakes on fight mechanics. I also wonder whether our DPS could be holding us back.

    Regardless of my stat weights, I will probably try a mastery build sometime in the future; most likely once I get my own Horridon's Last Gasp but maybe sooner.

    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Lackjester; 2013-08-05 at 04:39 AM.

  20. #780
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackjester View Post
    Unfortunately, I've done the theory-crafting as well as hands-on testing and come to the conclusion that Crit is the best stat for me. I personally believe that the "unreliability" argument against Crit is illogical for many reasons. Likewise, the argument that Illuminated Healing showing up as our best healing spell somehow proves that our Mastery is the best secondary stat also sounds fallacious. Crit benefits are much less noticeable at first glance but lead to better results, by increasing throughput evenly among all spells. That being said, what I'm looking for by posting here is advice regarding spell usage, up-times, CD timing and perhaps mistakes on fight mechanics. I also wonder whether our DPS could be holding us back.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vbt6i...=10000&e=10187

    Overhealing average:
    Eternal Flame: 43.2 %
    Holy Radiance: 74.9 %
    Arcing Light : 74.1 %
    Daybreak: 79.6 %

    You still think Crit is better?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •