Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Assuming 522 to 535?

522: 994 Mastery
    535: 582 Intellect; 175 Spirit; 1096 Haste; 602 Stamina; 393 Armor

Personally I would take the 535.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-08-23 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Assuming 522 to 535?

522: 994 Mastery
    535: 582 Intellect; 175 Spirit; 1096 Haste; 602 Stamina; 393 Armor

Personally I would take the 535.
    I don't expect to get heroic versions of the sp/mastery off pieces before the patch drops, so I figured that would probably be my best option. TY for the input.

Alright guys i'm just wondering if any of you QTs can help me figure out what my holy pally guildy is doing wrong, the logs are of our 8/23 wipes on Lei Shen, he seems to believe DP is far better than HA for heroic Lei Shen 10 and maybe hes right but i'm just looking for some input on any and all things he might be doing wrong. Any help is very appreciative

After writing this I find out I cant post links like armory/logs since i'm a new poster, but his name is Famous on Illidan, and the guild is <Sup Gurl Im Full Purps>. We post all of our logs so if anyone wants to dig right in it would be very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Prymal View Post
    he seems to believe DP is far better than HA for heroic Lei Shen 10 and maybe hes right
    Nope.

After writing this I find out I cant post links like armory/logs since i'm a new poster, but his name is Famous on Illidan, and the guild is <Sup Gurl Im Full Purps>. We post all of our logs so if anyone wants to dig right in it would be very helpful!
    I'm not entirely sure what 10m strat you are pursuing (25m raider), but assuming you are leaving up Diffusion Chain and Bouncing Bolts and splitting 2 tanks on 2 quadrants and the raid between the other two:

(9:01 attempt) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cr...?s=6126&e=6668

CD's absolutely must be saved for the Violent Gale Winds at the end. Holy Avenger is just plain out superior to Divine Purpose for that. Divine Plea should never be used during transitions, it is not needed on cooldown (you can melee the boss for Seal of Insight. I realize your paladin seems to be helping spawn ball lightnings, but he can back out to the 5-8 yd range as the spawn is coming out, then run in after for instance).

He probably could be generating more Holy Power even for 10 man, I don't see much HR or ToR in there.

Other than that nothing immediately jumps out to me off the getgo. Possibly could just be a little more aggressive with healing.

I can not put into words how bad using divine purpose is for holy pally healing. so yeah

I would dump the inscribed bag worst trinket for anything even 50 ilvls lower even 5.0 purples. Why oh why did they upgrade that awful thing.

They didn't melee once for mana. Need some type of mouse over macro click healing so you can do this. Can't get number 1 parses without doing this as much as you can in fights. Just gimping yourself so much on lei shen if you refuse to heal that way.

Related to above 17.7k spirit?? really... Should be closer to 13k normally, lei shen you can get away with even less maybe 11k with all the down time and meleeing of the boss. So much mastery potential lost.

More holy radiance and daybreak healing always.

gl with that

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall View Post
    Hi, i have few questions regarding gearing and 3rd tier talents. I didnt have much chance to do much testing myself due to problems with my PTR client and lack of time. So i could really use some advise on following issues:

Stat values:
    For the secondary stats its quite clear: Mastery > haste > spirit > crit, but what about intelect? How does it stand compared to the secondary stats? Does anyone have calculated updated values for 5.4 stats for EF spec? I am unsure what to put into all those red sockets which are in the new gear.

How high is the sweet value of spirit for EF spec after the last HS mana reduction? And how high is the sweet value of spirit for SH spec? I read that for EF spec after the holy shock change effectively if you cast it on CD you can drop 5-6k spirit. But from what value? 17k or so? Does that mean 11-12k is a good number?

Specs
    Regarding the specs, what i found out here is that EF is still the best. Is that correct for 10 man? What about the SS and SH? Are there very good on certain bosses?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Any advise?

Is there a haste rating we paladins should be targeting for effectively using EF for an extra tick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can Someone tell me why there are some paladins out there that are Geming for Spirit/int and sitting around 16-17k spirit and others that go for full mastery? What is the correct way to go if i may ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleðikona View Post
    Can Someone tell me why there are some paladins out there that are Geming for Spirit/int and sitting around 16-17k spirit and others that go for full mastery? What is the correct way to go if i may ask?
    For the most part its mostly the hardcore raiders that go for full mastery build after their progression has ended or starting with lei-shen progression. At that point of time u can run with less spirit as your group has more experience of the encounters and they last shorter periods aswell as a mastery-orientied build nets you more throughput and thereby better rankings.

Spirit is something that especially ppl that just started a healer often fail to try out many different setups to find their comfy spot for just being able to have enough to survive any failure of the raidteam and still being able to go offensively on your healing style as at the moment the only really good way is to prevent the dmg from being taken through shield generation.

tl:dr progress over -> mastery heavy to get rankings. more spirit -> plays on the safe side to be ready to stop wipes when some one fucks up.

Thank you for the responses guys it is very appreciated! ^.^

Deleted
    Alright guys i'm just wondering if any of you QTs can help me figure out what my holy pally guildy is doing wrong, the logs are of our 8/23 wipes on Lei Shen, he seems to believe DP is far better than HA for heroic Lei Shen 10 and maybe hes right but i'm just looking for some input on any and all things he might be doing wrong. Any help is very appreciative

Holy Avenger is superior on Lei Shen last phase which is the only phase requiring healing.

Just spread CDs troughout the last phase and your golden.

Going last phase mana should be almost topped so there shouldn't be any need for plea there and it is possible to spam heals whole phase, basically radiance to generate HP and use EF.

However, looking at that one try voidspark linked I assume there is problems with tactics more than with healing (on our first kill we had lower/same HPS in total). Thunderstruck should never ever kill anyone in 10man when using proper tactics. Then also only 3 ball lightnings are spawned and CDs can be lined up for winds like voidspark already said.

Good luck!

EDIT: Like mentioned spirit is not that much needed on Lei Shen but personally I didn't regem/reforge for Lei Shen and went with about 16k spirit (with gear I had at that time). Going to last phase with full mana pool is nice because 2healing and spreading healers it might not be best strategy to melee anyway because it means much more running to lure thunderstruck to edges etc. which again negates the gain from more mastery. In last phase the last thing you want is to think about mana so spirit is nice. It is more than doable with normal 10man spirit build. But that spirit trinket is really bad, it would be beneficial to get something else but sometimes it's just bad luck when Horridon's doesnt drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nystromia View Post
    Is there a haste rating we paladins should be targeting for effectively using EF for an extra tick?
    To my knowledge it is not worth the loss of mastery.
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2013-08-24 at 05:59 PM.

The feedback is great guys, a little info on how we are doing the encounter is Phase 1 we cap static shock, transition 1 we have 1 tank north, 3 dps 1 heal east, 1 tank south, 3 dps 1 heal west. Second phase we start on Diffusion and cap that then push into second transition b4 capping anything else. Transition 2 its the same setup but obviously we move the tank that was on north with the tank on the south, so 4 4 2. In phase 3 we are tanking the boss on west while the range/healers are on overcharge, the basic strat is thunderstruck comes out, we run/take warlock portal over to the tank side and thats when healers stack in melee for ball light and the 3 range spread out to force only 3 ball to spawn, once that happens we run back over to the over to overcharge platform and its basically rinse and repeat.

Hey guys!

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Helvine/simple

WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/83xny...?s=5841&e=6355

this is our twins fight, granted i'm a bit undergeared, i still should be doing a lot more. our priest is on buff-duty, so he's gone for some chunks of the fight. can u point out some major flaws?

greets

Deleted
    Hey guys was hoping some of you could look through the logs from the 10 heroic raid I just did, recently changed from prot to holy and joined a new guild so this is my first time healing thats not in LFR so I know it won't be perfect so if I know what im doing wrong I can at least improve on it.

I'm also really undergeared for heroics, ilvl 518 but I think i may have gone a bit overboard with the spirit as im sitting on 15k and my heals seem to be lacking a bit as well as them all being well geared so fights didn't last for too long, anywho heres the logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...e/?s=307&e=492 - Jin Rokh

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=1272&e=1822 - Horridon

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=4363&e=4688 - Tortos

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=9485&e=9816 - Durumu

I think Durumu was my best healed one but yeah as I said I never really had mana issues on the fights and on Durumu I was just overhealing for the sake of it in the end but anytips and pointers would be much appreciated

Unhappy Help me heal better

Hi mates,

I play Holy Paladin for some time (raiding from WotLK). Im not bad from baddest healers but surely I should do better. I read about healing some forums (mmo-champion, icy-veins, elitst-jerks) but as you can see in logs my heal is medicore. Maybe someone can tell me what I do wrong? Where is my mistakes?

I cant post links yet so sorry
    log from last ToT normal raid (6/12)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/59otpjayi5lwfelf/sum/healingDone/

Armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Glorifind/simple

Thanks for any advice

Couple of quick things: You aren't using cooldowns, and you don't modify your talents to fit the fight.

Using CD are hardest thing to me. I never use them because I worry that i will need them more later this fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorifind View Post
    Using CD are hardest thing to me. I never use them because I worry that i will need them more later this fight...
    Better to run out than to never use them, to be honest. One good way to mitigate that is to plan when to use them. Luckily most bosses will "help" you with this. So for example Megaera, you can use them when she does Rampage (notice that her later ones hit harder than her early ones also). Durumu you can use them during the Light Spectrum or Disintegration Beam phase (during the beam/maze, you will have 6 eyes casting Mind Daggers on your raid and random Eye Sore damage, most likely, from people failing). The last Light Spectrum will be harder than the first because the debuff (which is permanent) will have stacked up on your raid.

During Progression, I could expect Rampage on Heroic mode Megaera roughly once every 1:30. That dropped to 1:00 for farm and is now below a minute (but I really don't care anymore once it dropped that low). For Durumu it's easy: He will do a new phase roughly every 90 seconds, so you can expect Light phases 3 minutes apart, and Maze phases 3 minutes apart.

Deleted
    @Glori I'd be more worried about your shaman's healing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage1 View Post
    @Glori I'd be more worried about your shaman's healing to be honest.
    That doesn't remove the need or desire for the pally to improve. Think before you post useless crap maybe?