Page 48 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorifind View Post
    Hi mates,

I play Holy Paladin for some time (raiding from WotLK). Im not bad from baddest healers but surely I should do better. I read about healing some forums (mmo-champion, icy-veins, elitst-jerks) but as you can see in logs my heal is medicore. Maybe someone can tell me what I do wrong? Where is my mistakes?

I cant post links yet so sorry
    log from last ToT normal raid (6/12)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/59otpjayi5lwfelf/sum/healingDone/

Armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Glorifind/simple

Thanks for any advice
    5 wings 6 DivFav 10 Divine Plea
    in kills and 3 wipes this is not enough. I had the same problem, but once I started using them my output went up, by quite alot. If you have cooldowns, use them, and more importantly, think ahead when to use them. For Megaera, we had 1 healer use cd's a rampage and rotate, and have the dps cooldowns backup if needed. I knew the 3rd and 6th rampage would be mine, so I could plan ahead and know when to use them.

Apart from that, raw int gems are not something I'd personally want. I can see the reasoning for the jc gems, but gemming full spirit for blue and full int for red is not my personal choice, I'd rather go with int/spi and mast/int, since mastery > int.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    That doesn't remove the need or desire for the pally to improve. Think before you post useless crap maybe?
    Wow, chill out. All I meant was he said his healing was mediocre and the shaman is clearly performing worse so if the paladin has been put at fault for some things then they should look at the shaman's performance too.

Hi, I joined a 25 man heroic guild this week, but I haven't healed 25s since FL in cata. I've also been ret for 90% of MoP, all for 10 man.

Advice is appreciated, and my gear is rather lacking vs the other healers.

(can't post links, sorry)
    battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Elle/advanced
    worldoflogs.com/reports/ftpc8yei8p3dwr00/

This was my first time healing on any of these fights, and the first time seeing them heroic for most of them. I know I could do better on CDs, and I know I should have talent switched to light's hammer on megaera specifically (hindsight!), but I just want to improve whatever I can.

edit: tonight: dark animus attempts, I think I did better? worldoflogs.com/reports/bsx0xzn86jhfx8ir/
    Last edited by Lisey; 2013-08-30 at 04:49 AM.

Hey everyone,

I recently started to play and raid 10 mans in WoW after getting a referral from a friend. I started to raid ToT consistently around August of this year, and am still learning the ropes through pugging. I've read the Icy-Veins guide and the MMO-champion one listed here, as well as followed a couple of reports from blogs like Paladiner, etc.

I was hoping I could get any sort of advice to improve my H-Pally healing, even though 5.4 is only a week or two away.

The following are my logs and armory links: (sorry can't post links too)
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Taigastyle/advanced
    worldoflogs.com/reports/sfi1n1mn711gu6be/details/4/ (Pug Iron Qon kill)

I know I need to improve the usage of my healing CDs and need to use my mana return trinkets more often.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Taigastyle View Post
    <text>
    you're right about the healing cooldowns, no use of DF, 2 uses of DivProt in a 10 minute fight. Apart from that most of the things seem fine. I'd personally not go with clemency unless it's absolutely needed (say 1tanking Durumu/Qon with you as only pally), and I'd change he reforge on your chest piece. Healingwise it seems fine, with the raid comp however it might have been better to use LH and use it on the melee group(though thats a personal pref).

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey View Post
    <text>
    I'd personally say your tries from DA were alot better than the kills you did earlier. The big difference is the use of EF, which has increased alot. I personally use it alot in 10, and I'd use a even heavier use of it in 25(though I dont raid that anymore) apart from that you should ask voidspark, I don't feel I'm entitled to talk about 25 man hc with 0 experience in that field.
    Last edited by Viriel; 2013-09-02 at 11:33 AM.

One big thing to watch out for is holy shock usage on cooldown. It's your big cheap HoPo generator. The fight lasted 645 seconds which gave you opportunity to use it 107 times. You used it 51. This ratio needs to improve quite a lot.

Otherwise its as you said. You need to use all your throughput cooldowns more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good Luck all in SoO!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    One big thing to watch out for is holy shock usage on cooldown. It's your big cheap HoPo generator. The fight lasted 645 seconds which gave you opportunity to use it 107 times. You used it 51. This ratio needs to improve quite a lot.

Otherwise its as you said. You need to use all your throughput cooldowns more.
    Holy Shock is also not just cheap to use, it's easy. Can be used in a variety of circumstance and should be.

You can't expect a 100% HS use, but 51 is WAY too low for that fight length.

I'd consider bar positioning and binding too for one if it's a problem for said poster.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Why go that much palas on Int Gems now ?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    Why go that much palas on Int Gems now ?
    Well int is a pure throughput stat that, unlike haste, does not affect your mana regen at all.

In terms of red and yellow gem slots, should I use Reckless (Int/Haste) until I reach the 7170 point, then go for pure Mastery for yellow and Int/Mastery for red? (assuming the bonus is worth matching the colors, of course)

Deleted
    Somebody of u tested in 25man Selfless healer ? is it good or better than the EF ( Malkorok EF is yes normal) but the other bosses or is SH just good at fights which are rly loong ?

So, I'm seeing a lot of paladins trying out pure red gems in all red sockets with 80int/160mastery (or haste depending) for yellows and 80int/160 spirit for blues. This is just to increase throughput without increasing the amount of regen needed right? does Int> mastery/haste now like icy veins is saying?

I think it's because when you hit ur haste cap at 7170 if your going for that then should go for straight int for output. Since mana hasn't been an issue I've dropped spirit gems for int ones and its really increased my hps

My group doesn't run logs (I'll look into running some for myself).

That said, I'd love some general guidance on reforge and gem suggestions. Pre-5.4, I stacked haste and at the advice of others, I swapped to mastery to try it out. While both sides have benefits, I feel like my individual playstyle mandates I meet somewhere in the middle.

That said, I haven't raided really at all this expac and would LOVE some general guidance, tips, advice, etc from my fellow healers.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...latro/advanced

Our healing comp is usually: Rdruid and myself (hpal obviously). We do have a rshaman we swap in or even try 3 healing with sometimes, otherwise he's ele.

You should change these pure mastery gem for something like int+mastery, Also i recommend using holy avenger and use it like another healing CD.

Quote Originally Posted by pretiwhitboy View Post
    I think it's because when you hit ur haste cap at 7170 if your going for that then should go for straight int for output. Since mana hasn't been an issue I've dropped spirit gems for int ones and its really increased my hps
    Did you swap to full 180 int gems or int+another stat? I'll have to try this on my pally since I went and reforged my gear to about 7200 haste but I still wasn't sure what to do about my gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    You should change these pure mastery gem for something like int+mastery, Also i recommend using holy avenger and use it like another healing CD.
    Bouchebagguette's table in the other thread actually suggests otherwise, and seeing how almost everyone gems differentely I'm personally not sure what the right gemming strat is. I personally hold back with advising stuff like this because nothing is sure atmo. Seems like there are alot of different ways to do it.

U guys still blanketing EF if yes How many charges u are using to do it 1, 2 or 3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramned View Post
    U guys still blanketing EF if yes How many charges u are using to do it 1, 2 or 3 ?
    3HP should be used. Not much point in anything less now it doesn't proc mastery.

Armory in signature.

Here is a log from last night. To preface, I haven't healed in a "legit" raid in a while. I have done LFR, but that's a snooze fest. In a 10 man flex, it's a different story. I haven't healed in a legit raid since Cata, so forgive the newbishness.

A few things:

1. Obviously my gear isn't great (507 ilevel). I've made great strides in the last few days and after Tuesday I'll gain considerably from valor/etc.
    2. I know I need a new weapon. I've done all the LFRs this week and will do so until I get one. I can't do the BS hammer because it will take 30 days.
    3. I just found out today that I should be using crusader strike (when plausible) to gain holy power. I'd like some opinions on this, but I think it's a legit option. I felt like something was missing and I think that's probably it. Obviously that's not always possible, but often it should be.
    4. I'm still sort of at that point where I don't really know what heals I should be using. In 10 mans it feels like Holy Radiance is a waste of mana because it doesn't hit enough people, but maybe I am wrong there?

Edit: I realized I didn't really provide all the info so I'll provide some details:

Typically I keep the beacon on the main tank, swapping as necessary.

My rotation is typically:

1. HS on cooldown
    2. EF at 3 HP
    3. On Divine Purpose procs I put spread EF on likely damage-takers
    4. For stacked people I will do HR+HS combo for AoE healing
    5. I cycle cooldowns pretty much the whole fight. (I probably don't use these very well)
    6. I use my mana regen trinkets + DP as necessary. Try to keep them on cooldown unless I'm 100% mana.
    7. I spot heal the raid with HL unless the damage is heavy then I swap to DL.
    8. HPr on the boss.
    9. Toss out HoP and HoS as necessary.

That's probably not the actual order, but that's basically what I do to heal. We were having issues healing on the third boss, which prompted me to post. I didn't have any mana issues on bosses 1 and 2, but three kicked my butt.
    Last edited by Varabently; 2013-09-23 at 01:26 PM.