Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @Sigera:
    A disc priest has the advantage that atonement grants him smart heals combined with his absorb shields...stacking a disc with a holy pally will increase the overhealing done by the paladin by a significant amount...especially with EF because the HoT will most likely be overheal if the disc knows what hes doing...
    Looking through the first few bosses your EF has produced 40-70% overheal...
    Thats one thing i can tell you...it's the same when i'm raiding with our disc priest...

@Brucewilly
    Have you checked AskMrRobot regarding sockets, enchants and reforges?
    Looking at your armory you are currently sitting at 3749 haste...it's a bit complicated to asess the situation if you change things afterwards
    I tend to lock the haste breakpoint to either 3506 or 7170 (0 value after those), enter a static spirit breakpoint (15-16k with 0 value after that) and let the robot do the work. If it tells me to gem pure int anywhere i use int/mastery instead for red sockets.
    Using these options you could regem/forge 0,6% haste into something else...but thats not that much of a difference...

@Checkerle
    You logged out in your ret gear and specc that makes it hard to answer the spirit question...
    I prefer 15 to 16k spirit...many use less...it's a question of feeling comfortable with your mana...if you end most of the fights with a lot of mana left, you can use less spirit...if you are oom after the first 2min of the fight, take more
    I'd recommend to log some of the thok trys with you healing and posting that log again...but thok is very intense on healers...
    Last edited by mmoc58f5648a0e; 2013-10-03 at 03:26 PM.

I see everyone mostly going for red gems for full intelect. Which i am doing also. Yesterday i got the heroic trinket from sha, which gives me 9% more haste and mastery and spirit. I am wondering if mastery doesnt pass intelect in value after getting this trinket. Any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall View Post
    I see everyone mostly going for red gems for full intelect. Which i am doing also. Yesterday i got the heroic trinket from sha, which gives me 9% more haste and mastery and spirit. I am wondering if mastery doesnt pass intelect in value after getting this trinket. Any thoughts on that?
    First off, I'm jelly...

I have the flex amp double upgraded and I have messed with all gemming possibilities: gemming enough haste w/ int to get the 10867 breakpoint, pure mastery, and full int w/ mastery/int in yellows. I didn't try a crit gem setup, but I am not a fan of rng. What I have found working through 25 man heroic SoO is that all 3 of the setups work(some better then others on certain fights ie. 10867haste/int on heroic Malk). The best all around setup for H SoO I have found for myself is gemming and chanting for a heavy int>mastery build and reforging into the 7170 breakpoint. This allows me to simply reforge back and forth between the 3506 and 7170 breaks depending on the fight.

tldr - Gem how you want for whatever feels most comfortable to you.

Deleted
    Hey,

Armory Link: http: eubattlenet/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Phyr%C3%ADah/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I can buy any glyphs, I've not really changed any though. As for specs, I've been thinking of changing to eternal flame rather than shield but I'm unsure.

Worldoflogs Link: This is from last nights raid, we downed two bosses on 10m normal. WoL/rt-qbn13ds1m83wtbbk/ I'm Phyríah ofc.

Questions, concerns, expectations: My questions, concerns and expectations are that I feel like I could be doing more in the way of healing, efficiently and effectively and I want to improve and learn more about my class, so if there are any things that I may be doing wrong or could do better would be nice. My concern is that I'm not healing enough, compared to the other healers in my group. As far as expectations go, any help would be wonderful.

Description of Playstyle: Quite often on most fights everyone is fairly topped up, and so if someone drops I top them back up with quick a holy shock or a word of glory. If aoe is needed, I'll holy shock a target and then light of dawn, if that procs then I'll spam that which occasionally procs like 5 or 6 times in a row. If people drop low, I flash of light to quickly pick them up and occasionally divine light, however I prefer to divine light when I have the super fast cast of it, I'm not sure what the proc is called now but it is the same with holy radiance. I only tend to use those when I have the really fast cast. I use my beacon on one of the tanks seen as I'm healing the tanks the most so it helps when I heal one tank, that I heal the other at the same time.

Sorry I split the links up, it wouldn't let me post otherwise, this is my first time on these forums so I hope I've given enough information, I will keep tabs on this post and answer any more questions if needed
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-10-07 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyriah View Post
    Hey,

Armory Link: http: eubattlenet/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Phyr%C3%ADah/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I can buy any glyphs, I've not really changed any though. As for specs, I've been thinking of changing to eternal flame rather than shield but I'm unsure.

Worldoflogs Link: This is from last nights raid, we downed two bosses on 10m normal. WoL/rt-qbn13ds1m83wtbbk/ I'm Phyríah ofc.

Questions, concerns, expectations: My questions, concerns and expectations are that I feel like I could be doing more in the way of healing, efficiently and effectively and I want to improve and learn more about my class, so if there are any things that I may be doing wrong or could do better would be nice. My concern is that I'm not healing enough, compared to the other healers in my group. As far as expectations go, any help would be wonderful.

Description of Playstyle: Quite often on most fights everyone is fairly topped up, and so if someone drops I top them back up with quick a holy shock or a word of glory. If aoe is needed, I'll holy shock a target and then light of dawn, if that procs then I'll spam that which occasionally procs like 5 or 6 times in a row. If people drop low, I flash of light to quickly pick them up and occasionally divine light, however I prefer to divine light when I have the super fast cast of it, I'm not sure what the proc is called now but it is the same with holy radiance. I only tend to use those when I have the really fast cast. I use my beacon on one of the tanks seen as I'm healing the tanks the most so it helps when I heal one tank, that I heal the other at the same time.

Sorry I split the links up, it wouldn't let me post otherwise, this is my first time on these forums so I hope I've given enough information, I will keep tabs on this post and answer any more questions if needed
    Remove that glyph of illumination, and change it for the lay of hand one, hand of sacrifice + clemency is very strong, glyph it.

I see a few mistakes, eternal flame is still strong and since you are stacking int the sacred shield is meh, you are using a lot of light of dawn, but i guess is because you are not using eternal flame. Cooldown management: you want to keep Divine plea on CD, you rarely use it, also your holy shock usage seem low, but in general you rarely use any kind of CD, i didnt see a single avenging wrath there.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-10-07 at 12:43 PM.

@Vallerian: Sorry, just logged out in heal gear.

Hello guys, im need some advice if you can. Im trying to get the 4th haste breakpoint. i think its 10836, right now im over that point and its pretty sweet the holy shock cd reduction, but im lacking of mastery in the chase of that objetive. Right now i have 4200 mastery and 14k spirit. I dont really have problems with mana regen since i always use flask of spirit giving me 15500 spirit. My question is: should i change the breakpoint to 7170 haste and all over mastery or im fine in the place where i'm? thanks!

I'd recommend dipping down to 7170 if you're unable to sustain the throughput that your increased haste offers, especially if it means using spirit flasks and still having problems.

no mana problems with the flask, just trying to improve my healing

Deleted
    WOL /reports/rt-2zo0ct28ctbvyils/

Armory eubattlenet /wow/de/character/azshara/Layonhoof/advanced

Int flask+ 300 int food

14k Spirit, 10k Mastery, 3506 Haste

Rolling 3HP Ef on both Tanks everytime, prism + hs on cd (try my best!), HR as much as possible, FoL/DL if needed

i am switching prism/LH (depends on the boss)

Any help would be great!

Deleted
    Hello all.

I'm here not because i have problems with my healing, but because i want to improve it further.

I'm running 10man 2/3 healers depending on the fight and i usually top the meters.

The healing team consists in: HolyPala(me), Resto Druid, Resto shaman.
    In 2 healer fights, the shaman goes elemental.

I'm running the good old spirit build. Unbuffed i basicly have 20k spirit. I know it is A LOT, but in some fights it feels good to have such an amount of spirit due to AOE spamming/general healing.

But overal, i think i could run with a much lower amount of spirit.

I'm going with Eternal flame (always 3 HP EF's on both tanks and 2/3 HP EF's on the raid everytime i can).

Due to my huge amount of spirit i DP when my mana goes low enough for it to fill it up. Using it on CD is a waste in my case.

My questions are:

Considering that my haste is already high...ish without even reforging/geming to it, should i aim for the 7kish Break point?
    Should i gem to intelect instead of spirit?what gems should i be going for depending on the socket colour?

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lyfanny/simple

Like i said, i have no problems with my healing. We have never died due to low healing and i usually top the meters. But i know i could be doing better.

Please, Help me improve my game.

Kind Regards.

Holyfanny

PS: sorry i don't have any WOL's :S
    Last edited by mmoced534fce7e; 2013-10-04 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Remove that glyph of illumination, and change it for the lay of hand one, hand of sacrifice + clemency is very strong, glyph it.

I see a few mistakes, eternal flame is still strong and since you are stacking int the sacred shield is meh, you are using a lot of light of dawn, but i guess is because you are not using eternal flame. Cooldown management: you want to keep Divine plea on CD, you rarely use it, also your holy shock usage seem low, but in general you rarely use any kind of CD, i didnt see a single avenging wrath there.
    Thanks, made the changes

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerle View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I don´t have currently very big problems getting the raid healed up. Except Thok (though it was only the first time last week we had try Thok).

I will post below the logs from yesterday. I have not healed in most of the bosses and there is not Thok. But maybe there´s still something miserable, what you guys see.
    Is it still worth stacking up spirit on gems, at my gear level?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-56m1ohiqb0r6kgpy/

Thanks in advance for any input!
    I see these days on progress guilds more holy paladins gemming int.

Question in general: Looking at the current progress I´m at. Should I consider switching from gemming int instead of spirit? If so, what is the big advantage and would I have to change priorities in re-forging?

Thanks for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerle View Post
    I see these days on progress guilds more holy paladins gemming int.

Question in general: Looking at the current progress I´m at. Should I consider switching from gemming int instead of spirit? If so, what is the big advantage and would I have to change priorities in re-forging?

Thanks for any input!
    This is what I suggest: First off, you should really get about 500 more haste to get the 3506 haste breakpoint. Literally EVERY paladin (even ones with full mastery builds) have this breakpoint. Secondly, if you are running out of mana, while keeping divine plea on CD, I think you might be doing something wrong. Perhaps its the fact that you rarely use holy light, and instead use divine light. Holy light is a good way to heal for low sustained damage, while also healing your beacon target for that same full amount. In the log you linked, you had 20 casts of holy light, and 172 casts of Divine light. This will DRASTICALLY hurt you mana, which is probably why you feel the need to run so much spirit. I run with ~13k spirit and have very little to no mana issues when keeping divine plea on CD. I'm actually starting to think i have too much, and I'm one that will use my IoL procs to get a quick divine light on my beacon target (not very mana efficient) just to get another holy power. So, to quickly dump a lot of spirit, gem pure 160 int in all of those red sockets you have. Let me tell you, it did wonders for me. It MIGHT be worth it to get 80 int/160 mastery now, as i see that happening a lot too. I think once you get the trinket from sha of pride it would be wise to start gemming 80 int/160 mastery just because you'll start getting 8% more mastery. It is not additive, so you won't go from 35% mastery -> 43% mastery but rather if you have 10k mastery, you'll now have 10.8k mastery. Same with haste and spirit.

To recap: (In my opinion, not set in stone)

Get to the 3506 haste breakpoint (or the 7170 breakpoint if you want)

Drop spirit (until you're comfortable with your mana)

Gem as much int as possible

After the breakpoint you choose, get as much mastery as possible.

Here is a link to my armory if you want to reference anything:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ashwa/advanced
    Last edited by Sashwa; 2013-10-04 at 01:32 PM.

after a day of trys with the 4th cap of haste, and without a shaman on my group, im forced to return to the 3th cap. Was good when it last, 170k hps in some fight feels good, but having 60k of mana in the middle of the fight not

Quick question(s). Are EFing at 2 or 3 HP? Are we blanketing the entire raid, as in, are we consistently blanketing the entire raid during the entirety of any given encounter? I manage HS just fine with it being on 5 second CD, but aside from just standing there waiting for HS to come off of CD, are we also casting divine light on the beacon target in the downtime to generate more HP if no raid wide damage is going out?

I'm just coming around to the haste build and I would like to get a grasp on the basics before tonights raid.

I am running at 7200 haste and meet the (2nd?) break point which is what....14 ticks of EF?
    Last edited by AhhSpiders; 2013-10-04 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Hello all.

I'm here not because i have problems with my healing, but because i want to improve it further.

I'm running 10man 2/3 healers depending on the fight and i usually top the meters.

The healing team consists in: HolyPala(me), Resto Druid, Resto shaman.
    In 2 healer fights, the shaman goes elemental.

I'm running the good old spirit build. Unbuffed i basicly have 20k spirit. I know it is A LOT, but in some fights it feels good to have such an amount of spirit due to AOE spamming/general healing.

But overal, i think i could run with a much lower amount of spirit.

I'm going with Eternal flame (always 3 HP EF's on both tanks and 2/3 HP EF's on the raid everytime i can).

Due to my huge amount of spirit i DP when my mana goes low enough for it to fill it up. Using it on CD is a waste in my case.

My questions are:

Considering that my haste is already high...ish without even reforging/geming to it, should i aim for the 7kish Break point?
    Should i gem to intelect instead of spirit?what gems should i be going for depending on the socket colour?

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lyfanny/simple

Like i said, i have no problems with my healing. We have never died due to low healing and i usually top the meters. But i know i could be doing better.

Please, Help me improve my game.

Kind Regards.

Holyfanny

PS: sorry i don't have any WOL's :S

Ok did some changes.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fanny/advanced

I'll try it sunday on the raid and i'll report back. Cheers all.

Hey guys I just have two questions for you. I was hoping you could take a look at my WoL and see if I'm correctly using EF in the most optimal way?

DESCRIPTION
    I feel as though I should be getting a higher healing done % from EF... For my current playstyle (10man normal), I always keep EF with 3HP up on both tanks. I don't seem to get a chance to put it on dps as much though because my other healers get them up pretty quickly, or the entire raid is taking dmg so I use LoD instead. I raid in a 10man normal. At the time of the report I had a 539ilvl. I use the 7170 Haste > Mastery > Haste build. We 2 healed Norushen and Sha of Pride after getting rid of a not-so-good priest heals.

QUESTIONS
    One of the things I was wondering about is if it's better to just overheal a dps with EF instead of choosing to cast EF on a tank who's at lets say 65% health who already has the EF hot? Should I be using EF on the raid at 2HP? Also when is it better to use LoD over EF? I have been using LoD when around 5 dps has been taking dmg. Last, is there ever a point where we should respec into Selfless Healer or SS instead (keeping in mind of my build).

LINKS
    WoL (Teiel): /reports/rt-59w12dydrgppyttt/
    Armory: /wow/en/character/turalyon/Teiel/advanced
    Last edited by Teiel; 2013-10-05 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teiel View Post
    Hey guys I just have two questions for you. I was hoping you could take a look at my WoL and see if I'm correctly using EF in the most optimal way?

DESCRIPTION
    I feel as though I should be getting a higher healing done % from EF... For my current playstyle (10man normal), I always keep EF with 3HP up on both tanks. I don't seem to get a chance to put it on dps as much though because my other healers get them up pretty quickly, or the entire raid is taking dmg so I use LoD instead. I raid in a 10man normal. At the time of the report I had a 539ilvl. I use the 7170 Haste > Mastery > Haste build. We 2 healed Norushen and Sha of Pride after getting rid of a not-so-good priest heals.

QUESTIONS
    One of the things I was wondering about is if it's better to just overheal a dps with EF instead of choosing to cast EF on a tank who's at lets say 65% health who already has the EF hot? Should I be using EF on the raid at 2HP? Also when is it better to use LoD over EF? I have been using LoD when around 5 dps has been taking dmg. Last, is there ever a point where we should respec into Selfless Healer or SS instead (keeping in mind of my build).

LINKS
    WoL (Teiel): /reports/rt-59w12dydrgppyttt/
    Armory: /wow/en/character/turalyon/Teiel/advanced
    The trick I find most effective is keeping EF up on as many people as possible. I wouldn't refresh the EF on anyone that has it unless they are close to death. With tanks, I just flip flop beacon between them and with EF up on 6-7 other people the hot transfer will quickly heal them up.

When it comes to light of dawn, I might use it once or twice in a single fight. The only time I use it is when I need to do a quick "medium" burst to a group of people that the other healers, for whatever reason, can't heal at the moment. I spend my holy power exclusively on spreading EF among the raid as when raid damage goes on it will help quite a bit and negate the need for light of dawn (just keep spreading EF and if you need to refresh ones about to run out). I wouldn't suggest, however, to use EF at 1 or 2 hp.

I tried respeccing to SH once, and it reduced my HPS by almost 50% (granted, I probably wasn't playing it 100% effective) but I don't believe there's any fight where take one of those talents is a clear advantage over the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AhhSpiders View Post
    Quick question(s). Are EFing at 2 or 3 HP? Are we blanketing the entire raid, as in, are we consistently blanketing the entire raid during the entirety of any given encounter? I manage HS just fine with it being on 5 second CD, but aside from just standing there waiting for HS to come off of CD, are we also casting divine light on the beacon target in the downtime to generate more HP if no raid wide damage is going out?

I'm just coming around to the haste build and I would like to get a grasp on the basics before tonights raid.

I am running at 7200 haste and meet the (2nd?) break point which is what....14 ticks of EF?
    1. We are using EF at 3 hp. The only reason we used 1 or 2 hp EFs before was to keep shields rolling.

2. We are blanketing the raid during the encounter, ensuring maximum EFs are out during high damage phases.

3. I personally use holy radiance as a filler most of the time to generate hp even if there is no raid damage as it has the added benefit of refreshing whatever illuminated healing it happens to find.

Deleted
    Armory is: eu battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Cairra/advanced

Healing in a 10 man with a Mistweaver, just wanted to ask would it be worth going for the 7170 bp or just focus on mastery as the MW is covering the raid already in HoTs?