Hi, I've been playing holy pally for a few years and have never been brilliant if i'm honest but I seem to be getting further and further behind my fellow healers in this expansion.

I prio mastery over haste as I have tried and tested the haste prio and found I was worse. I use reforgelite to help me a little with reforging and I have followed icy veins with regard to gemming and enchanting.

Here is the link to my most recent raid (flex though i'm afraid but you get the idea) worldoflogs.com/reports/x4rtgfmrtaiyd15m/sum/healingDone/

This is my armoury eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Lils/simple

Any help you could give me would be brilliant, also if you could let me know what kind of hps i SHOULD be doing for a 535 ilevel pally.

Cheers x

@Lils

Glyph of Illumination is only good for high haste and low spirit builds, so get rid of it. Also Sanctified Wrath is not exactly as good as Holy Avenger. HA is very good for burst healing and is an additional cooldown you can use.

You may want to fix this: 2 unenchanted items
    Engineering: 1 missing tinker

Also, one suggestion, keep your gemming consistent. Establish a priority (i.e. Intellect, Mastery or Spirit) and go with it. Gemming extra Spirit to be comfortable is fine, but don't mix it up.

Looking through your logs, I see that you're using damage abilities. Why? Your role is healing, using Denounce and Judgement (outside of SH) is useless. It's mana spent that you won't get back and at very little usefulness.

Also, I see that you casted 205 Divine Lights, 44 Flash Lights but only got 34 Holy Power from Tower of Radiance, which is using those spells on your Beacon target. It's very useful to macro Beacon of Light to those spells to make sure you're always getting the Holy Power from those spells. Just that flex you could have used an extra 215 Holy Power, which is equal to 72 LoD or 72 EF with 3 HPs.

#showtooltip Divine Light
    /cast [@mouseover, exists][@target, exists][@player] Beacon of Light
    /cast [@mouseover, exists][@target, exists][@player] Divine Light

#showtooltip Flash of Light
    /cast [@mouseover, exists][@target, exists][@player] Beacon of Light
    /cast [@mouseover, exists][@target, exists][@player] Flash of Light

Hope this is of help.

Thank you very much, I shall have a look at all those points and see if it gets any improvement....

Just a quick macro question with vuhdo for healing. I just the mouse clicking healing and I need a macro that works so it cast beacon on a target then casts divine light. I tried got it to do both spells but the divine light wouldn't proc a holy powe on the first cast. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by pretiwhitboy View Post
    Just a quick macro question with vuhdo for healing. I just the mouse clicking healing and I need a macro that works so it cast beacon on a target then casts divine light. I tried got it to do both spells but the divine light wouldn't proc a holy powe on the first cast. Any ideas?
    Very likely the Beacon is only getting applied to the target after the Divine Light is casted. If you don't have Beacon of Light glyphed, you should glyph it, and if you do, just try to play around with the macro. Can't really give you a work around, I'm unfamiliar with Vuhdo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolucion View Post
    Very likely the Beacon is only getting applied to the target after the Divine Light is casted. If you don't have Beacon of Light glyphed, you should glyph it, and if you do, just try to play around with the macro. Can't really give you a work around, I'm unfamiliar with Vuhdo.
    #showtooltip Divine Light
    /castsequence [target=vuhdo] reset=3.1 Beacon of Light, Divine Light
    /cast [target=vuhdo] Divine Light

That macro should work the way you want it to. You can also make another macro just like that for Flash of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Absolucion View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haria/advanced
    Logs: H Protectors 1 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=2240&e=2819
    H Protectors 2 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...e/?s=237&e=751
    H Iron Jugg http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i.../?s=788&e=1223
    My Concerns: I'm looking for higher throughput, I'm not entirely sure if I should use more EF or stick with SH, seeing as I really like SH. I've tried now a full haste build, which isn't bad, but I've got a lot of crit on my gear and that really cripples using SH. As for EF, I understand that I might get more throughput by going full Int and blanketing everyone with 1HP EF. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions. I'm inclined to test a full int build with EF but right now I'm not quite sure where I should go.
    The only way SH is going to compete in HPS with EF is if you drop your spirit to 9k~.

SH is definitely a viable talent, especially in 25 mans since beacon transfers isn't as necessary as 10 mans.

Your problem is you are straddling the fence between LoD and EF. If you have EF slotted you should never touch LoD for the most part, and vice versa.

When EF is slotted you gain ~40% more throughput casting EF over LoD, the difference is staggering.

Looking at your Iron Juggernaut logs is rather telling as to the fact you really need to decide to cast one over the other.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Worked like a charm thanks

I am a 10 man holy pally that raids with two resto druids. I just came back to regular raiding so I don't have the meta or my cloak yet, but I'm working on it. I find that at my gear level, I'm going oom with EF and not with SH. I'm having a bitch of a time finding a stat priority that feels comfortable in 10 mans. I've ready icy-veins, AMR, and these forums, but I don't know what to do at my gear level. This is my toon, please help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rounder/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    I am a 10 man holy pally that raids with two resto druids. I just came back to regular raiding so I don't have the meta or my cloak yet, but I'm working on it. I find that at my gear level, I'm going oom with EF and not with SH. I'm having a bitch of a time finding a stat priority that feels comfortable in 10 mans. I've ready icy-veins, AMR, and these forums, but I don't know what to do at my gear level. This is my toon, please help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rounder/simple
    The biggest thing I see is that you have a full EF gear set up and you've take SH. SH builds are all about stacking mastery and dropping your spirit to oblivion.

If you're using that same gear set with EF, I suspect you're not using your trinket and DP often enough. Since you don't have a resto shaman you might need to go over the standard practice numbers on spirit since you don't have an outside source.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    Hello all.

So a while back i came here and after looking around i decidedto change my reforges/gems and go for a more INT based spec.

My healing got stronger and i think i'm in a good spot. I have full control on my mana while maintaining a good healing etc.

I just wanted to have a few opinions on my gemming/stats. If there is room for improvement and so on.

My armory is as follows:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fanny/advanced

Keep in mind that i raid 10Man.

Also regarding the Beacon of Light (glyphed) + Divine Light/Flash of Light macros....are they really beneficial? (i understand that ppl use them to generate more Holy Power)
    Once again, considering that i raid 10man, will this kind of macros improve my game?

Kind Regards,

HolyFanny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Hello all.

So a while back i came here and after looking around i decidedto change my reforges/gems and go for a more INT based spec.

My healing got stronger and i think i'm in a good spot. I have full control on my mana while maintaining a good healing etc.

I just wanted to have a few opinions on my gemming/stats. If there is room for improvement and so on.

My armory is as follows:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fanny/advanced

Keep in mind that i raid 10Man.

Also regarding the Beacon of Light (glyphed) + Divine Light/Flash of Light macros....are they really beneficial? (i understand that ppl use them to generate more Holy Power)
    Once again, considering that i raid 10man, will this kind of macros improve my game?

Kind Regards,

HolyFanny
    I'm not an expert by any means, but myself I don't use DL/FoL + BoL macros, maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't, I just don't see the appeal in them generally (Also I'm more often than not the tank healer, so it helps having Bacon on them permanently).

With your current gear I can't see anything you can do to optimize it more. I'd personally go for a higher spirit point (15-16k), but that's because 25man, and more HR usage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means, but myself I don't use DL/FoL + BoL macros, maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't, I just don't see the appeal in them generally (Also I'm more often than not the tank healer, so it helps having Bacon on them permanently).

With your current gear I can't see anything you can do to optimize it more. I'd personally go for a higher spirit point (15-16k), but that's because 25man, and more HR usage.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

Yeah i'm in the same situation. I really enjoy having my beacon on the offtank knowing that i can somewhat relax because he will get healed while i focus on the MT/Raid. So macroing BoL on FOL/DL....i don't think it would be that smart. At least in 10man.

Regarding the spirit, the amount i have is plenty to keep my mana up and still manage single target/aoe situations. But as you mentioned, you raid 25 ^_^ so that's another "song".

Thank you so much for your input and have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

Holyfanny.

You want to always have ur beacon on the tank that is actually ranking the boss not the OT. If u don't your losing out on your healing.

The macro of beacon and divine light is just an option. I also raid 10 man and we 2 heal everything (w mw monk). With the exception of about 3 fights I don't use divine light a ton. I use it just not that much on most fights. So when I do I want to build up hp then quickly switch my beacon back. It's just a min max type of thing.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ythoaee/simple
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-znnd5ff9uu29km1y/
    My Concerns: my concerns are simple, i dont feel im doing as good as my gear allows me + i get a feeling im doing something completly wrong and im not sure what. falling behind on healing big time (yes i do consider that the other classes may be showing higher hps on meters than me due to high troughtput)
    My Playstyle: playstyle, well my playstyle is Eternal flame i suppose? not quite sure what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoaeealonsus View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ythoaee/simple
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-znnd5ff9uu29km1y/
    My Concerns: my concerns are simple, i dont feel im doing as good as my gear allows me + i get a feeling im doing something completly wrong and im not sure what. falling behind on healing big time (yes i do consider that the other classes may be showing higher hps on meters than me due to high troughtput)
    My Playstyle: playstyle, well my playstyle is Eternal flame i suppose? not quite sure what to write here.
    1. You're casting divine light and flash of light on a non-beaconed target? I see that you have 252 FoL, 180 DL, but only 303 holy power from tower of radiance, so I can see you're missing a huge amount of holy power.
    2. You have over 2500 holy power gained, but yet you only cast EF 646 times, that meant you spent a lot of holy power on light of dawn. LoD is pretty bad on this fight, due to the shield mechanic on Malorok.
    3. I don't have any experience with your strat for blood rage, I believe you don't have tank soloing it. You may be able to get better output by using your cds right after the pull to top shields.

Deleted
    Hello again dear community!

so i tested the Becaon of Light (glyphed ofc) + FOL/DL Macros.

It really works...i was amazed at the amount of holy powers i managed to squeeze out of it.

Now, for the macro itself... I keep getting the nasty delay - if i use the macro in 1 person and then try to recast it in another person it it won't do it until the beacon CD is over.

for example: i use the macro (beacon+FOL) in person A but i realize that person B needs a fast heal as well, it won't let me cast it until the beacon comes of CD.

anyway to write the macro differently so it works better or more smoothly?

I googled my rear end off and couldn't find definitive solution.

I can't copy the macro i'm currently using because i'm at work.

Please help a brother out.

With the kindest Regards,

Holyfanny

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    anyway to write the macro differently so it works better or more smoothly?
    You have to use a cast sequence macro, and even then its not perfect
    I believe its something along the lines of;
    /castsequence reset=3.1 Beacon of Light, Flash of Light
    /cast Flash of Light
    But I'm not too sure on that, because I found all the macros too clunky and just went back to pressing two buttons.
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-10-23 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You have to use a cast sequence macro, and even then its not perfect
    I believe its something along the lines of;
    /castsequence reset=3.1 Beacon of Light, Flash of Light
    /cast Flash of Light
    But I'm not too sure on that, because I found all the macros too clunky and just went back to pressing two buttons.
    I think that is the one i have. hmmmm...

I remember that last night i found a "solution" for my problem. i added a second /cast FOL (i think that was it...dammit brain!).

Still it is a little clunky. but it must be the way it's supposed be.

Either having it a little clunky or going full manual on that b*tch.

thank you so much.

i'll try that macro in case it's differente than mine.

Huge hug!

Holyfanny.

So I'm a terrible paladin healer and I want to be better.

1) armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rounder/simple
    2) logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w0qk7z6bz8fjahp0/
    3) concerns: at my gear level, I feel gimped if I go EF. I consistantly run out of mana. this time I tried selfless healer, and while I didn't run out of mana often, I'm getting crushed on the meters.

When EFF, I usally cast HS > HR >HR EF. Is that not something I should be doing? HR and DL have the same mana cost.