Anyone thinking of gemming full haste or mastery besides bouchbagette? this is my gemming:

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ashwa/advanced

I was thinking about turning them all into 80 int and 160 mastery just for extra shields and it would only cost me like 1.7k int. So I'd still have a pretty hefty amount of int.

Thoughts?

also, i have billion and half logs on WoL if you wanna take the time to search them up.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Sashwa; 2013-11-05 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashwa View Post
    Anyone thinking of gemming full haste or mastery besides bouchbagette? this is my gemming:

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ashwa/advanced

I was thinking about turning them all into 80 int and 160 mastery just for extra shields and it would only cost me like 1.7k int. So I'd still have a pretty hefty amount of int.

Thoughts?

also, i have billion and half logs on WoL if you wanna take the time to search them up.

thanks in advance
    Your int gemming is fine(might want to use askmrrobot to help you bring down your haste as close to 7170 as possible, though, to min max your secondary stats).

If you are more worried about your HPS, it's because you spend a rather hefty chunk of your uptime casting Holy Light, Divine Light and Flash of Light when Radiance can serve you better.

It's hurting your holy power generation, and it's actually reducing your beacon funnels because you cast less EFs as a result.

Take http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10540&e=10867 for example

You succeeded in casting 19 FoLs, 14 DLs and 12 HLs.

For a total of 23 ToR procs, where you could have taken the time to cast 33 more HRs, for 10 more holy power, and it would have done way much more healing with lesser mana. Yes, lesser mana as well.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2013-11-06 at 06:05 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, long time reader here first time poster Finally decided that I need some help. I feel like my healing has been slacking lately. I can't get four piece to save my life, it either never drops or when it does drop goes to a dps.

Here's a link to my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Ra%c3%a8/advanced
    Recent logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6px5ofdvkmgbgwo2/

I just recently switched up to more int gems since I don't feel like I'm having mana issues plus we have a shaman and a few priests for mana cd's. Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    Before we get started, so everyone else doesn't search like me

Armory: *
    Logs: * can't even quote links

Spirit is going to be different for each person. If you feel comfortable with your mana, it's fine to drop spirit, if you don't, it's fine to add more.

Going over the logs, spell usage, in terms of percentages isn't bad, to be honest. The main issue is your CD usage and when you use them on Galakras. The add phase really requires little to no cooldown usage, so not using there isn't really an issue. However, when Galakras comes down, that should be nothing but you and your healers chaining cooldowns, one right after the other. On a lot of your wipes, I noticed that the two other healers would spike in healing, but you would remain static, suggesting you're either not using or not coordinating your CD's properly with our co-healers. For me, I generally start with casting Holy Avenger when Galakras comes down and EF blanket the raid. Once HA is over, I then pop Divine Favor and Avenging Wrath, together, and go with a Holy Radiance > Holy Radiance > Holy Shock > Eternal Flame rotation until that runs out. Once that CD is over, pop GoAK and do the same rotation (LoD if necessary if people are being stupid with their stacks, at this point). Don't forget that you have Devotion Aura, as well. I generally try to save it for when I think I can't get people up quickly enough for the next explosion, to make sure the raid lives.

Also, with regard to your talent choices for this fight, I would take Lights Hammer over Holy Prism. Generally, LH is going to be better for stacked fights while Prism is going to be better for spread fights or fights where the bosses hit box is huge (Immerseus, Norushen, Iron Juggernaut, and Malkarok, mainly). LH is especially the better choice on Galakras for 2 reasons:

1) You can use it during the add phase to not only heal tanks/melee, but also do a considerable amount of AoE damage to the adds as well

2) You're not wasting a GCD on Prism every 20 seconds when Galakras is down, when you can just drop LH and forget it while getting insane healing.

Also, I would personally take unbreakable spirit over clemency on Galakras. There isn't any real need to have 2 of any hand on this fight, but the 30 second Divine Protection and possibly multiple bubbles and 2 Lay on Hands can be raid saving (or at least self saving).

Your numbers are also probably lagging a bit behind due to gear. Both your co-healers have their legendary cloaks (but your shaman for some reason isn't using the legendary meta, what's up with that?) while you have neither, which puts you a bit behind in ilvl, and makes mana usage a bit more difficult, as well.

And on a final note, get a belt buckle
    Thanks for your quick reply. Since we are talking about Galakras here I do what you wrote about as soon as he lands. I pop HA and blanket the whole raid. Now I will have to try the other cd usage you suggested too.

The lack of communication of healing cds (and cds in general) is a problem which I have brought up many times but noone seems to bother. Our rl think that we miss this fight because of dps and healing reasons and they specifically told me that my healing is low on what I can do with my gear. That's why I came here to ask about any tips or what I might be doing wrong. I hope that we will try Galakras again today so I can test the changes you proposed and see how it goes.

Is there anything else I should watch out about?

PS: Ooops :P

I'm trying to figure out whether I should go for the 7170 haste breakpoint or stick at 3506. Mr. Robot apparently seems to think that my overall rating would go down with switching to the higher BP but that's probably due to the amount of mastery I would lose, which is 6.6%. I would be left with 27% mastery buffed.

I feel like I should switch to the higher breakpoint since a lot of the times it just feels like I can't pump out enough clutch heals when need be.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Part/advanced
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/proudmoore/part

Deleted
    27% sounds like too little. The AMR standard stat weights are not optimal. AMR will tell you to socket Spirit to no end and resulting in very high spirit builds. Especially for normal mode you won't need that much spirit.

I cannot post links, but armory will be:
    Joblesshobo-Illidan

My logs from first 8 bosses on reg
    can be found from wow-heroes, or at WoL-US-Illidan and guild is precognition, please take a look

I felt as if i was healing my butt off but it was not showing it on a good majority of the fights, im not sure if this was due to the fact that we were 3 healing the fights (with a R druid and R sham), or not, but i find my self going OOM on most of the fights even though i am running a much larger amount of spirit then what i see most paladins run. this is a problem that im hoping you guys can help me solve.

my play style is mostly using HR and HS (with 2 stacks daybreak) then keeping a 3 HoPo on as many people as i can prioritizing tanks. I am reforged to meet the 14 EF tick break point, then going mastery after. my main problem is my mana issue, i am not super disappointed in my output, but i know it could be better as well, please any help will be greatly appreciated.

You really want to cast HS whenever it's off cooldown regardless of daybreak stacks unless you have 5 holy power. Not only is it extremely cheap, it generates holy power which is crucial for your healing output. In your logs you're casting it every 10 second whereas it should be 6 or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by jobless View Post
    I cannot post links, but armory will be:
    Joblesshobo-Illidan

My logs from first 8 bosses on reg
    can be found from wow-heroes, or at WoL-US-Illidan and guild is precognition, please take a look

I felt as if i was healing my butt off but it was not showing it on a good majority of the fights, im not sure if this was due to the fact that we were 3 healing the fights (with a R druid and R sham), or not, but i find my self going OOM on most of the fights even though i am running a much larger amount of spirit then what i see most paladins run. this is a problem that im hoping you guys can help me solve.

my play style is mostly using HR and HS (with 2 stacks daybreak) then keeping a 3 HoPo on as many people as i can prioritizing tanks. I am reforged to meet the 14 EF tick break point, then going mastery after. my main problem is my mana issue, i am not super disappointed in my output, but i know it could be better as well, please any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I didn't go hunting for your WoL, but I can see from your armory alone that you're running a lot lower regen than most Paladins going for EF. Without the Legendary items you're going to have to aim about 1.5-2k Spirit higher than the normal 14-15k mark, and until you get some better trinkets (mostly talking about the Timeless one) you'll need to aim even higher, probably the 16k mark to be safe. Most of the Paladins toting 13 or 14k Spirit on here are running the Legendary Meta and usually Siegebreaker's Trinket or Horridon's, both of which have absolutely insane values compared to your two trinkets. Your two come in around the 800 eMp5 mark where Siegebreaker's and Horridon's can be more like 1300-1700 eMp5.

How viable is SS or SH in 25 man ? I recently switched from 10 to 25 man (8/14H) and have been struggling a bit when compared to ranking on 10 man. I've generally been a LoD > EF pally, which will no doubt give me a facepalm around these parts, but I've found pretty good success and throughput with it in 10 man.

Also, should I bother going to 8k haste for that 5 second HS? Or just go with the 3.2k haste breakpoint ?
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2013-11-06 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I didn't go hunting for your WoL, but I can see from your armory alone that you're running a lot lower regen than most Paladins going for EF. Without the Legendary items you're going to have to aim about 1.5-2k Spirit higher than the normal 14-15k mark, and until you get some better trinkets (mostly talking about the Timeless one) you'll need to aim even higher, probably the 16k mark to be safe. Most of the Paladins toting 13 or 14k Spirit on here are running the Legendary Meta and usually Siegebreaker's Trinket or Horridon's, both of which have absolutely insane values compared to your two trinkets. Your two come in around the 800 eMp5 mark where Siegebreaker's and Horridon's can be more like 1300-1700 eMp5.
    thank you for the reply, and also is it more worth it to cast 3 point EF's on select targets or to blanket entire raid with 1 point EF's? This is for 10 man BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    You really want to cast HS whenever it's off cooldown regardless of daybreak stacks unless you have 5 holy power. Not only is it extremely cheap, it generates holy power which is crucial for your healing output. In your logs you're casting it every 10 second whereas it should be 6 or lower.
    Ahh i see thank you, i ready somewhere that you wanted to get 2 stacks of daybreak before you use it, but what you are saying makes way more sense and will probably greatly increase my HoPo generation and therefore my healing and mana efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by jobless View Post
    thank you for the reply, and also is it more worth it to cast 3 point EF's on select targets or to blanket entire raid with 1 point EF's? This is for 10 man BTW.

- - - Updated - - -
    Ahh i see thank you, i ready somewhere that you wanted to get 2 stacks of daybreak before you use it, but what you are saying makes way more sense and will probably greatly increase my HoPo generation and therefore my healing and mana efficiency.
    Regarding EF, in 10 man you don't really have a reason to cast it at 1HP, you can quite easily blanket the raid in 2's if needs be but I tend to stick to a more 5HP stack style when I'm doing 10s to compensate the burst in my group set-up, this will come down to personal preference a lot though.

Regarding Daybreak, its such a small amount of healing and its usually a very very high percent overheal that putting any bearing on it will just cause you more problems than its worth, as fallenangel said.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    How viable is SS or SH in 25 man ? I recently switched from 10 to 25 man (8/14H) and have been struggling a bit when compared to ranking on 10 man.
    SS is as good as you'd imagine it is in 25m.

Hello y'all

I received thok's acid-grooved tooth (HC) lastnight and I was wondering if it was any good (10man)? I'm currently using blackfuse HC and horridon's lastgrasp so it'd replace Horridon's.

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Your int gemming is fine(might want to use askmrrobot to help you bring down your haste as close to 7170 as possible, though, to min max your secondary stats).

If you are more worried about your HPS, it's because you spend a rather hefty chunk of your uptime casting Holy Light, Divine Light and Flash of Light when Radiance can serve you better.

It's hurting your holy power generation, and it's actually reducing your beacon funnels because you cast less EFs as a result.

Take http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10540&e=10867 for example

You succeeded in casting 19 FoLs, 14 DLs and 12 HLs.

For a total of 23 ToR procs, where you could have taken the time to cast 33 more HRs, for 10 more holy power, and it would have done way much more healing with lesser mana. Yes, lesser mana as well.
    Most of the flash of lights, at least for malkorok were to try to get out as many EF's as possible in the beginning. Pop HA, and then spam beacon target with my fastest heal to generate Holy power the quickest to blanket EF.

Other than that, I should spend more time casting holy radiance because it generates more HP and i'd use less mana? Does that go for all fights or just specifically this one?

Hi guys!

I figure this is the best thread to ask my question in, as you all seem so helpful!
    I'm still fairly new to being a Paladin and this is my first character since I played back in vanilla. Things are so different now!

I'm getting myself confused over the haste/mastery decision. I'm unsure (with my gear - not very high ilvl compared to most of you. I'm only running Flex) how I should go to get the maximum hps for myself.

I do well in LFR but anyone halfway paying attention would do well there. In flex raids I don't have as easy a time of it.
    I *like* haste; it ooms me faster but I feel I can usually handle it. But to go to the 7170 breakpoint for haste I would be sitting at 2723 mastery, which seems awfully low.

These are my stats now:

Spirit: 15,925
    Mastery: 6,393
    Haste: 4,113
    Intellect: 24, 806

And with a haste build (per Mr. Robot)

Spirit: 16,403
    Mastery: 2,723
    Haste: 7,184
    Intellect: 24,784

Would that be terrible? I love healing with haste because it's reactive and fast - and I generate HP quicker. But is my gear too crappy for this?
    Or should I be gemming very differently?

I am EF, by the way. I didn't love SH when I had it.

Any advice you have would be amazing.
    I'd like to start doing some normal SoO runs with my guild but I want to not let them down and I definitely don't want to be a burden to be carried!

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot!
    Here is my armory link -
    Edit #2: The forums actually won't let me post my armory link yet. But it is bleeding-hollow/Healarity/
    Last edited by Healarity; 2013-11-07 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link

Quote Originally Posted by Healarity View Post
    *snip*
    Edit: Forgot!
    Here is my armory link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arity/advanced
    ^ For anyone else

In your gear I'd recommend only going for the 3500 BP, the difference between that and 7170 isn't enough to justify potentially crippling yourself. My personal recommendation for the future would be (probably on robot, or you can just calculator it) to see what it takes to get the next Haste point, and if you have to use a non-spirit gem to obtain it (or a hybrid red gem, but at your level you probably want to max Spirit still) then its probably not worth it.

On the up side though, I think you could probably start looking towards the 7170 BP as soon as you pick up some good trinkets, like Sha's, Blackfuse's or Horridon's (Sorry to say, but the Timless trinket is worse than LFR of all of these), it might still be better to stick with the 3.5k BP at that point, but I always prefer to advise you try it and see if you like it and can handle it. If you can get the Legendary Meta as well, that will help a lot with the mana required to sustain 7170.
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-11-08 at 12:32 AM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alarity/simple

With your gear, personally i would recommend using the 3.5k haste breakpoint, stay at 15-16k~ spirit and going for mastery after it, Remember we dont use light of dawn so you want to replace the glyph for something else. Also use and love holy avenger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    In your gear I'd recommend only going for the 3506 BP
    I'd go for the 3506 haste point and then for mastery obviously. Honestly I tried the 7170 a bit and wasn't happy with it (25 HC). As Xs said, get the LMG. Its not that hard to obtain and pushes you a lot mana wise.

Wow, thanks a lot everyone! This is extremely helpful.

I am working on the LMG, in the "collecting valor" phase right now. I will definitely go for the lower breakpoint for now. I'm glad I asked because I was really leaning towards the 7170. But I do think that is hurting myself too much, you're right.

Why shouldn't we use LoD? I've been liking it but I will gladly change it if that is the right thing to do. Divine Purpose procs so often!

Thanks again for all the help!