Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducoudray View Post
    Oh wow thank you for finding those logs! That is super helpful. I do need to work on using HS on CD for sure. With CD's in general I have no excuse, haha, I think "oh, I should hold on to these just in case!" Then I end up forgetting. I'll have to keep a closer eye and get used to just using them!

Thanks again.
    Just work to a plan with CD's. For example on protectors you can holy avenger rooks desperate measures, divine favour and wings the next and then GoAK for the fixate one. Of course plans change if shit hits the fan but at least you have an idea so you remember more easily.

So the good news is I've been getting better at learning to use my cool downs, which has been really helpful! However, I'm pretty confused when it comes to gemming effectively. I'm sitting just shy of 13k spirit, and am wondering if it's effective to keep gemming for it, or to move to pure INT or Mastery gems?

Sorry if this is a strange question, I'm just getting pretty frustrated lately and am trying to pinpoint what's going wrong. ): My Druid in lower ilvl gear seems to perform much more effectively.

Hey another paladin from TN!

So the good news is I've been getting better at learning to use my cool downs, which has been really helpful! However, I'm pretty confused when it comes to gemming effectively. I'm sitting just shy of 13k spirit, and am wondering if it's effective to keep gemming for it, or to move to pure INT or Mastery gems?

Sorry if this is a strange question, I'm just getting pretty frustrated lately and am trying to pinpoint what's going wrong. ): My Druid in lower ilvl gear seems to perform much more effectively.
    Palas are pretty spirit heavy, I'd imagine the sweetspot for most people will be above 13k esp if you don't have the LMG. 15k would probably be a more comfortable level but once you find the level that suits you most people hit the 3.5k haste breakpoint (1 more tick of EF) then go for int/mastery as you alluded to.

Here you go:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/2...1-4b6abdd0389b

Go to link, then follow instructions as outlined below:

1) Click "Edit Weights"

2) Click "Change Soft Cap"

3) Click your desired haste breakpoint. In your case, 7170 haste results in too much spirit and mastery dropped for your ilvl, so use the 3506 breakpoint.

Click "Save" on the top left corner of the window to save your haste breakpoint.

4) Click "Optimized" to let Ask Mr Robot optimize your gear.

5) Click "Shopping List" and follow the instructions to reforge and regem your gear. As AMR would say, guaranteed optimized!

"My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That would be nice, if AMR knew what the fuck it was talking about with Holy Paladins.

OP: Generally the sweet spot is 15-16k with LMG + BiS trinkets (normal 2/2 PPoP+DSoD) with DSoD being worth around 3-4k Spirit, PPoP being worth, well 0 since it actually gives you flat Spirit, and the LMG being worth ~4-6k with average usage, so do your own maths to figure out where your sweet spot should lie.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-01-01 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I got my Legendary Meta Gem maybe 2 hours ago now and I am at the 3506 (Just Over) Haste cap for Eternal Flame, I've switched out all the spirit gems I have for gems to match the socket bonuses but my problem is half the time I can't finish a 2nd FoL cast on the Beacon before it ticks off. So do I need more haste or am I using the Meta Gem wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    That would be nice, if AMR knew what the fuck it was talking about with Holy Paladins.
    Pretty sure nobody worth a damn uses the preset mode for AMR. Everyone puts in values manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Okay so I got my Legendary Meta Gem maybe 2 hours ago now and I am at the 3506 (Just Over) Haste cap for Eternal Flame, I've switched out all the spirit gems I have for gems to match the socket bonuses but my problem is half the time I can't finish a 2nd FoL cast on the Beacon before it ticks off. So do I need more haste or am I using the Meta Gem wrong?
    It's normal to be in the middle of a cast or react slightly slower than usual when LMG procs, those will affect your ability to land casts during the 4 seconds of opportunity.

Just keep practicing, and when your ilvl is higher try the 7170 breakpoint and watch yourself land more casts when LMG procs.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-01 at 10:51 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure nobody worth a damn uses the preset mode for AMR. Everyone puts in values manually.

It's normal to be in the middle of a cast or react slightly slower than usual when LMG procs, those will affect your ability to land casts during the 4 seconds of opportunity.

Just keep practicing, and when your ilvl is higher try the 7170 breakpoint and watch yourself land more casts when LMG procs.
    What iLevel should I wait to be before I go for that break point?

That really depends on your own preference.

For example, you feel comfortable with your level of mastery and spirit, you can start looking to put those secondary stats into haste.

As for my personal preference, I like 17k spirit and 40% base mastery before going for 7170 haste- this is 10 man only.

Other pallys might want 50% mastery raid buffed with 15k spirit, etc.

It all falls down to you doing more raids until you find that sweet spot.

I don't really see the point in it, outside of reforging for the perfect Haste cap, you're just either going to get a 60 stat socket or you're not.

I don't really see the point in it, outside of reforging for the perfect Haste cap, you're just either going to get a 60 stat socket or you're not.
    ....the time you would spend manually calculating the perfect haste breakpoint, which is fairly lengthy even for the most seasoned of players, you can save by using AMR.

Also helps when you try to limit your base spirit without ruining your ideal haste and mastery values.

isnt all about ilvl but the gear you have available and the raid setup, when i raided in 10hc the other healer was a priest and we didnt had a druid or a shaman, i had to use 16k+ spirit in hc to sustain my mana, divine hymn wasnt enough. Raiding with a shaman, druid and priest allow you to drop some spirit because you have these mana bitchs batteries in the raid.

....the time you would spend manually calculating the perfect haste breakpoint, which is fairly lengthy even for the most seasoned of players, you can save by using AMR.

Also helps when you try to limit your base spirit without ruining your ideal haste and mastery values.
    Hence why I said "outside of reforging", I don't see the point in using it to gem since the most you'll have is one hybrid haste gem if you're doing it right. But if you want that kind of tool there are far easier options.

Hence why I said "outside of reforging",
    I am starting to think you are just arguing for the sake of arguing, much like the multistrike versus LIC incident earlier - what would any sane person use AMR if not for reforging/regemming?

I don't see the point in using it to gem since the most you'll have is one hybrid haste gem if you're doing it right.
    It's easier to do it right if you have AMR. In fact, if you use AMR, you can't do it but right.

But if you want that kind of tool there are far easier options.
    Like?

Like?
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite for instance.

And the reason I make the argument for not using AMR, is because its a pain in the ass to get it to not mess with your Spirit, compared to just asking a more simple program to just give you the Haste cap in the most efficient way possible, without trying to be overly smart about it.

Ah hahaha omg you got me there for a while, then you linked this and I knew you weren't serious anymore.

And the reason I make the argument for not using AMR, is because its a pain in the ass to get it to not mess with your Spirit,
    It doesn't though. Just don't use "Total Effective Spirit" and use "Static Spirit" instead to set your spirit soft cap. :/

compared to just asking a more simple program to just give you the Haste cap in the most efficient way possible, without trying to be overly smart about it.
    Reforgelite comes with its own set of problems.

1) It doesn't calculate % secondary stat trinkets properly, even after the supposed fix to it
    2) It doesn't calculate stats in general accurately
    3) Breaks after every major patch
    4) Breaks occasionally every minor patch

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite for instance.

And the reason I make the argument for not using AMR, is because its a pain in the ass to get it to not mess with your Spirit, compared to just asking a more simple program to just give you the Haste cap in the most efficient way possible, without trying to be overly smart about it.
    Except reforgelite still is clueless when it comes to the amp trinket so you have to cheese the crap out of it to get real values.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm currently on as a trial in my new guild and i been told that if i don't step it up ill be replaced. I currently don't have my legendary cloak and the healers i'm healing with do outgear me by 10-20 ilvls, but i still recognize that i have room for vast improvement. Im specifically having a problem on the last quarter of SoO (thok/seigecrafter/klaxxi) so please any advice would be appreciated.

Armory Link:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Beravald/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Sac/BoL and then it's usually either Protector of the innocent or divinity. I switch the level 90 talents between Light's hammer and prism depending on the fight (Light's hammer for thok/prism for klaxxi).
    Worldoflogs Link:worldoflogs.com/reports/qcgyopkhmqghqsos/ (review thok/seigecrafter/klaxxi wipes + kills please)
    Description of Playstyle: Typical EF - HR HR HS, DL on tank when needed and FoL on meta proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionmann View Post
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm currently on as a trial in my new guild and i been told that if i don't step it up ill be replaced. I currently don't have my legendary cloak and the healers i'm healing with do outgear me by 10-20 ilvls, but i still recognize that i have room for vast improvement. Im specifically having a problem on the last quarter of SoO (thok/seigecrafter/klaxxi) so please any advice would be appreciated.

Armory Link:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Beravald/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Sac/BoL and then it's usually either Protector of the innocent or divinity. I switch the level 90 talents between Light's hammer and prism depending on the fight (Light's hammer for thok/prism for klaxxi).
    Worldoflogs Link:worldoflogs.com/reports/qcgyopkhmqghqsos/ (review thok/seigecrafter/klaxxi wipes + kills please)
    Description of Playstyle: Typical EF - HR HR HS, DL on tank when needed and FoL on meta proc.
    Holy Shock usage very low.

38 casts out of 70 optimal casts over 6 minutes 57 seconds - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qcgyo...=10940&e=11358
    44 casts out of 77 optimal casts over 7 minutes 43 seconds - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qcgyo...s=9811&e=10275

Light's Hammer/Holy Prism usage non-existent. Should be using these a lot more.

Low usage of cooldowns, particularly GoAK and DF/AW.

Low to non-existent usage of Divine Plea, which impedes casting expensive spells like Holy Radiance - you should be using it off-cd or close to off-cd.

On the bright side, your hand spell usage are good, keep it up.

Work on maximizing uptime on Holy Shock, throughput/mana cooldowns and T90 talent usage.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-01 at 09:50 PM.