Hi, I have finally hit the 50% haste breakpoint with 2 set (chest & gloves), my guild has just started Siegecrafter hc progress. On our first Thok hc kill last reset i got really lucky and got the trinket from boss and tier helm from bonus roll. My problem now is that i can't decide if i still want to go for 4 set, i still need shoulders atm.....
    Was hoping if some of you on more progress than myself (klaxxi & Garrosh hc) have any advice about this?
    Btw spacebubble, whats with the crit instead of mastery reforges on armory, just going full out dps whoring or trying stuff out?
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aysgx087jp498vvy/ link to our last raids logs if any1 can spare the time to offer any pointers.
    Last edited by Brummie; 2013-11-21 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    Hi, I have finally hit the 50% haste breakpoint with 2 set (chest & gloves), my guild has just started Siegecrafter hc progress. On our first Thok hc kill last reset i got really lucky and got the trinket from boss and tier helm from bonus roll. My problem now is that i can't decide if i still want to go for 4 set, i still need shoulders atm.....
    Was hoping if some of you on more progress than myself (klaxxi & Garrosh hc) have any advice about this?
    Btw spacebubble, whats with the crit instead of mastery reforges on armory, just going full out dps whoring or trying stuff out?
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aysgx087jp498vvy/ link to our last raids logs if any1 can spare the time to offer any pointers.
    My personal opinion on the 4p on the last 3 bosses.

Siegecrafter - Useless
    Paragons - Semi useful, depends on what you are tanking. I.e. useful if you tank ka'roz/kil'ruk otherwise /care
    Garrosh - Very limited use. The most important thing it gives you is a free WoG glyph proc in transition 1, other than that it is kinda limited in use for the rest of the fight. Completely useless in P4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it really bad advice in general what has come a trend in this thread, that is to ditch whatever comes defensive wise besides haste (mastery,4p, favor crit, etc.) because most people asking for a help are not at that level of playing, neither is their progress.

My personal take on the matter is unless you have a really good reason to ditch 4 piece, its a win scenario to use it. For me that means either an almost/ full heroic warforged offset or ret tier head+chest plus heroic warforged offsets.

You will reach the haste cap eventually either with 4p or without, you have to ask yourselt if the mastery/crit on those offsets are worth the loss of 4p bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisKA View Post
    I find it really bad advice in general what has come a trend in this thread, that is to ditch whatever comes defensive wise besides haste (mastery,4p, favor crit, etc.) because most people asking for a help are not at that level of playing, neither is their progress.

My personal take on the matter is unless you have a really good reason to ditch 4 piece, its a win scenario to use it. For me that means either an almost/ full heroic warforged offset or ret tier head+chest plus heroic warforged offsets.

You will reach the haste cap eventually either with 4p or without, you have to ask yourselt if the mastery/crit on those offsets are worth the loss of 4p bonus.
    Havent seen anyone advice crit for actual progression since T15, where it was actually legit.

If you have the 4p, fine, you have it. It is still not something amazing or a must have. It is a small +, on some bosses (like siegecrafter HC), that + is non-existant.

It is not like you should unequip the 4p in favor of lower item level off-sets. But in the same way, I would equip higher item level off-sets over a lower item level 4p any day of the week. If the 4p is the highest item level you got, then fine use it. But to me, having 4p starts the question, is there no other conqueror player in the raid? Since if you as a protection paladin is taking set pieces over any other conqueror class or spec you are a rank 1 douchebag.

I could never in my life imagine writing /roll on a conqueror piece versus someone else as long as I do nont have like a 522-535 item level piece that I need to replace simply due to the item level. I would feel terribly towards my raid for doing so.

I current have 522 (Non upgrade) haunted steel trends (Haste, Mastery 2 sockets)
    I won Wolf Rider spurs FLEX 540 (Crit Haste 1 socket)

Id lose a tad bit of haste but is it worth slapping the 540s on and double upgrading them? I could stil try for the malkorak boots but im going for a haste build. Would you guys recommend the 540s? Or just double upgrading my 522s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    snip
    How is removing the opportunity cost on a spell you cast regularly on every boss, therefore allowing for more sotr, a non existant plus?

Why are most paladin tanks using it anyway since its such a small bonus? Also, what tells you people are rolling them over better conq classes?

By now most guilds progress overgearing content, so unless you were in the cutting edge you are not gimping your raid by getting some loot anymore since everyone is more or less fully equipped.

Deleted
    How is removing the opportunity cost on a spell you cast regularly on every boss, therefore allowing for more sotr, a non existant plus.
    In the same way that having a discount coupon for a sampler that is already free is.

The opportunity cost of EF presumes that you actually need those holy power for something else (SotR). That is simply not true for siegecrafter HC, Paragons HC (except for Ka'Roz and Kilruk tanking) and Garrosh HC except for abusing it for WoG glyph for transition 1.

Yeah, maybe people are starting to get 4p now even by taking it last. My guild has been so unlucky with gear drops and I have taken a raiding break now so not really keeping in touch with what gear level people have now. We were at 568 average when I quit. I am guessing people are around 572-574 now.

My personal opinion on the 4p on the last 3 bosses.

Siegecrafter - Useless
    Paragons - Semi useful, depends on what you are tanking. I.e. useful if you tank ka'roz/kil'ruk otherwise /care
    Garrosh - Very limited use. The most important thing it gives you is a free WoG glyph proc in transition 1, other than that it is kinda limited in use for the rest of the fight. Completely useless in P4.
    Quite a few 25 man tanks are using T15 4p on the last three bosses, because of the massive amount of damage they do. You take so much damage that you essentially get more holy power than you can spend during those 10 seconds (every 24 seconds). Might be worth considering (especially if you happen to have heroic T15 pieces).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Quite a few 25 man tanks are using T15 4p on the last three bosses, because of the massive amount of damage they do. You take so much damage that you essentially get more holy power than you can spend during those 10 seconds (every 24 seconds). Might be worth considering (especially if you happen to have heroic T15 pieces).
    Yeah, for 10 man I can see the T15 4p being decent for atleast Paragons HC (not so much on siegecrafter) and maybe Garrosh aswell. I can see it being great for a 25 man tank. I think it would be great on Ka'Roz atleast on 10 man.

Deleted
    Yeah, for 10 man I can see the T15 4p being decent for atleast Paragons HC (not so much on siegecrafter) and maybe Garrosh aswell. I can see it being great for a 25 man tank. I think it would be great on Ka'Roz atleast on 10 man.
    specially with vial

You'd basically be spamming sotr nonstop with DP

PS: I really hope they make t16 4p baseline in 6.0 - it's such a quality of life improvement and really smoothens the 'rotation'

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping the Paragons HC discussion.

Currently halfway through the fight, and Ka'roz is hitting for ~850-900k unmitigated hits. Unfortunately I don't have t15 4p so that's not an option. My co-tank is a monk, which I asume is much more better suited for Ka'roz duty but our healers have a fear on tank healing and he always dies a lot on hard hitting stuff, so the "main" tanking ends up on me.

At the current progress I did not die once, but cloak already saved my butt a couple of times, mainly on rapid fire + focused assault soaking + ka'roz tanking. Hate to be at melee range of Hisek but our raid uses melee cleave damage to bait ambers.

Any tips on what comes ahead for Ka'roz tanking?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted

Currently halfway through the fight, and Ka'roz is hitting for ~850-900k unmitigated hits. Unfortunately I don't have t15 4p so that's not an option. My co-tank is a monk, which I asume is much more better suited for Ka'roz duty but our healers have a fear on tank healing and he always dies a lot on hard hitting stuff, so the "main" tanking ends up on me.

At the current progress I did not die once, but cloak already saved my butt a couple of times, mainly on rapid fire + focused assault soaking + ka'roz tanking. Hate to be at melee range of Hisek but our raid uses melee cleave damage to bait ambers.

Thanks in advance.
    a) don't keep ka'roz in melee range. if you have too much melee have one of them switch to hisek, or simply hold dps / dps ka'roz while waiting for hisek to go down.
    b) Paladin > monk when it comes to Ka'roz tanking. If the monk gets a hit to 40% he has no selfheal. He's not as equipped to sustain himself from all the hard hits. He doesn't have as many cds to use.
    c) On my first kill I had at max 565 ilvl and only 2p t16. the t16 4p (or I guess t15) is amazing for this fight so use it if you can. Specially if you like I do start with rik'kal.

d) Since you're a paladin you can bubble (+ hop your co-tank) to remove xaril stacks. This means that if necessary you can switch Paragons at the end so the one with the best CDs can tank locust.

Deleted

Thanks in advance.
    My goal was to boost my HP up to over 1 milion. I believe I was at around 550-555 ilvl for paragons, so I actually used a stamina trinket for the first time in SoO.
    What we did first was simply switch tanks. We put our warrior on Ka'roz instead after Xaril. Since before Xaril, Ka'roz hardly hurts.
    You should really do the same. A monk tank is 10x better suited to tank Ka'roz than a paladin is. The reasons paladins are so bad at tanking Ka'roz is because it is highly likely that they will get two-three completely unmitigated hits in a row if they dont play their CDs right.

We also tried 3 healing, not because of the tanks, but because of the raid. We found 3 healing to be better for us simply because we still met all the DPS checks in the encounter even with 3 healers, so it made no difference to us. We got a lot less random deaths due to whirling (people sucks at moving yo), and our third healer is a a shaman so it really helped the Ka'roz tank with ancestral vigor. 3 healing is by no mean standard, needed or really adviced. But if you have the dps to still meet all the dps checks, you could consider it as it makes the fight a bit smoother.

In the end, what we finally did to 100% solve the Ka'roz problem, was to change up our kill order a bit. Our final kill order was

Skeer-Rik'kal-Korven-Hisek-Xaril-Kaz'tik-Ka'roz-Kil'ruk-Iyyokuk

We found that killing Ka'roz earlier smoothed down the tank damage a lot in the end, and leaving Iyyokuk up until last was really easy since the fiery edge is super easy to deal with, barely does any damage if done correctly, and also Iyyokuk wont oneshot your raid if you hit the enrage.

As a paladin you should tank Xaril and bubble off his stacks after he dies, that means you and your other tank are free to switch around on Kil'ruk as much as needed.

Does the DPS cloak proc for Tanks still? Is it worth using if Im not at 50% haste?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooting View Post
    Does the DPS cloak proc for Tanks still? Is it worth using if Im not at 50% haste?
    The DPS cloak does still proc and causes an ok amount of damage, however I would advise against using the DPs cloak to reach your haste cap. As you gear toward and beyond your Garrosh kill your going to find your haste rises significantly through gearing and just gemming correctly. though the active mitigation included from additional haste is nice. Having a life saving CD built into your cloak every two minutes is far superior. It cuts the RNG out of most situations.

Yea I much prefer the tank cloak and will be using it for progression, was just wondering if for our normal mode farm bosses its a decent DPS gain to rock the DPS cloak. I bought both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooting View Post
    Yea I much prefer the tank cloak and will be using it for progression, was just wondering if for our normal mode farm bosses its a decent DPS gain to rock the DPS cloak. I bought both.
    Its probably worth it on fights like galakras and spoils where it will be ~8-10% of your damage. Single target you can probably half that. I'm not sure if 4% more damage makes or breaks things on single target farm fights. Your decision.

Solved now thanks.
    Last edited by BetrayedOf52; 2013-11-27 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Praught/simple

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qaelnoc7f91uamxn/

Garrosh 10 man, our praught pally. MR Robot says he can gain 5% haste for the cost of 16k hp / and .30% on other stats, what do you guys see, he claims he pally is perfect and does no wrong. Also my brother irl and would anyone to point out anything he could improve.
    No idea why he's using dual stam trinkets for 10N. Only time I did that was on our first 25H kill of Shamans which has a ton of magic damage. Gemming for stam, no reason to do that either. Gem straight haste IMO. Trying to hit a +120 dodge socket bonus is counterproductive to say the least. He's leaving way too much haste on the table.

http: //us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moknathal/Wimzer/simple

http: //worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qaelnoc7f91uamxn/

Our blackfuse pulls and kill. No clue why the RL didn't upload more. I'm not CAUSING any wipes, but I'd love to know what I could do to help the team more.