Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    How to tank magic damage? Like on thok gala jugg you get aoe or that stacking debuff that builds up a high dot. Is it worth to over write a big fat juicy vengence packed 3 hp bog ef with a like a 1 or 2 BoG to get your self back up?

What do protection paladins normally do on those bosses?
    Use cooldowns like Divine protection / GoaK / AD?

Overwriting a strong heal with a weak one is a bad idea. Sure it might save you in the short term but your time to live just got shorter because now that shit heal is ticking for next to nothing and your next emergency is seconds away because of that. You can panic heal yourself again to prevent death but now you're circling the drain.

Not so much a fix my tanking question, as a tank dps question; how do I maximize my dps as a tank? Is it simply potting, abusing (survivable) effects for vengeance? I'm noticing that while I'm incredibly survivable and durable, my dps is rather low (comparing to my Blood DK and my BM monk).

Thank you

edit: grammar police

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupud View Post
    Not so much a fix my tanking question, as a tank dps question; how do I maximize my dps as a tank? Is it simply potting, abusing (survivable) effects for vengeance? I'm noticing that while I'm incredibly survivable and durable, my dps is rather low (comparing to my Blood DK and my BM monk).

Thank you

edit: grammar police
    Pots mean absolutely jack-all-fucking shit when you're a tank. I've never, ever pre-potted as a tank since the 2k extra AP or something you get from a str pot means absolutely nothing compared to the several 100k AP you will get from HC bosses hitting you in the face.

Generally, though, the key to pumping out high DPS as a tank is having high vengeance uptime, knowing what you can get away with, and knowing the vengeance peaks of the fight in question. You don't want to use your DPS CDs whenever they come up if delaying say, AW for 30 seconds lets you sync it with 500k extra vengeance you can't find anywhere else over the course of the fight.

Edit: Also, to not do potato-tier DPS as a prot paladin this tier, you basically either have to go crit or abuse the hell out of the 4-set on top of having very high vengeance uptime.

Without logs we don't know if your low dps is a result of,

1) Bad gameplay

Or

2) Prot paladin

In a vacuum you will do worse damage than every other tank spec, as we are the only spec which does not have legit crit by default.