Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Ahh, that's a good idea. I was trying to do something similar but didn't pop a defensive along with it. I'm sure the healers will thank me. My guild wants me to try one tanking it, but I honestly don't think it's necessary. Seems like more trouble than it's worth.
    I always hit the crystal at the back before a pull to try to get a 5 stack bastion while people are scratching their arses. Afaik you lose the crystal debuff but not the stacks you built up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I always hit the crystal at the back before a pull to try to get a 5 stack bastion while people are scratching their arses. Afaik you lose the crystal debuff but not the stacks you built up.
    I tried this too, but after a few hits, the boss aggro'd and wiped the raid. I don't think I used any AoE spells that splashed onto the boss and I didn't see anyone else get too close to the boss.

A bit scared to try this again, but i'll give it a shot with clenched teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello all, sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post. Our raid group is struggling and I am wondering if our Prot Pally is pulling his own or should be doing something different. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/96d966uodjrgn46k/

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...snseals/simple

Wondering if anyone knows the optimal way to keep the pink dino away on last phase Horridon. I have a macro to /tar direhorn spirit, /cast judgement, /targetlasttarget but at my haste I'm afraid I won't judge fast enough to keep Barney away. Some guildies suggested I taunt the dino too but I would prefer not to complicate things if possible (need taunt off cd for precise taunting off the other tank so he doesn't die).

Also wondering if a macro is possible that would cast Judgement on Horridon if Direhorn Spirit does not exist but on Direhorn Spirit if it does exist.
    Last edited by ElChig; 2013-05-30 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foresightqq View Post
    Hello all, sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post. Our raid group is struggling and I am wondering if our Prot Pally is pulling his own or should be doing something different. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Log

Armory
    His Sacred Shield uptime is extremely low. It should be closer to 90%+. His Shield of the Righteous uptime is also pretty low. It should be closer to 50%+.

Those two changes should help healers.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Log

Armory
    As said, SS uptime should be a lot better. For SotR it looks like he wasting a lot of HP. For example, Jin'rhok gained 93 HP but only used 63 , that's 30 HP wasted. Council, 173 gained and only 129 used etc.
    GCD usage is also not as good as it could be, for example 224 on council out of ~285-290 and for Jin'rhok 121 out of ~150. J:CS ratio looks fine so I think it's just hitting buttons faster.
    He also needs to work on timing SotR better with boss attacks - On the horridon kill, he took 36 Triple Punctures and only covered 11 of them. He should be able to get every single one, or at least most of them. As a comparison of how much extra damage this is, his average triple puncture damage was 166k, whereas last week mine was 115k and my gear is about the same level. He also got hit 32 times by double swipe, which is far too many given how easy it is to avoid. This was done better on Tortos, but there was still quite a few Snapping Bites missed, and at one point it looks like he went 30 seconds without casting SotR.
    Last edited by Seahenar; 2013-05-30 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...udist/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=5057&e=5414
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Finally got a heroic kill on Jin'rokh, was wondering if anyone could check my logs and evaluate any weak areas.
    I also noticed that the #1 rank had 2 counts of Ionization Conduction damage taken. Is this a common practice to cheese logs? I haven't had time to look over everyone between #1 and #46, which I got tonight.
    Description of Playstyle: Typical Haste / Control build. Use AMR Haste / Control preset values with .9 mastery and low stamina.

Log

Armory
    His gear seems to be set up properly.
    Now he is wasting a few HoP's (but not too many).
    His sacred shield uptime is very low (wouldn't say that SotR is too bad).
    He seems to be doing fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows the optimal way to keep the pink dino away on last phase Horridon. I have a macro to /tar direhorn spirit, /cast judgement, /targetlasttarget but at my haste I'm afraid I won't judge fast enough to keep Barney away. Some guildies suggested I taunt the dino too but I would prefer not to complicate things if possible (need taunt off cd for precise taunting off the other tank so he doesn't die).

Also wondering if a macro is possible that would cast Judgement on Horridon if Direhorn Spirit does not exist but on Direhorn Spirit if it does exist.
    Not sure about the macro but i think a combination of AS + HW (and possibly a separate macro just to judge) should keep him away.

Also if such macro would exist i think it would be something like

edit :
    #showtooltip
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Judgment
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast [@target,exists] Judgment

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post

How are you getting a dino as the tank? Are you losing players? How long are your kills?

I don't think we've ever seen one on either tank. Not to be snarky, but the best way to avoid/handle dino's as a tank is to kill the boss faster

Otherwise, a focus macro (with J @ Focus) is super useful to have here, and in many other places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    How are you getting a dino as the tank? Are you losing players? How long are your kills?

I don't think we've ever seen one on either tank. Not to be snarky, but the best way to avoid/handle dino's as a tank is to kill the boss faster

Otherwise, a focus macro (with J @ Focus) is super useful to have here, and in many other places.
    I got it once as a tank at door 2 with a full raid IIRC. No idea how that happened, but I haven't seen the pink dino since.

Deleted
    They spawn on tanks after all dpsers and healers got one, it is common for guilds progressing/having few kills on it(probably not anymore with item upgrades). Having in mind you will be already ~10/11 mins into the fight, you better run in circles hitting horridon instead. Maybe judging it sometimes but AS hits for at least 500k so throwing it at spirit, unless you are certain it will bounce on the boss, is a waste.

I got my Barney at the 10 min mark (10 man) since we 2 tank it and I got lucky to be selected first. Was hoping to create a macro for judgement when we farm him so that I can judgement on Horridon when the Direhorn Spirit doesn't exist and judgement on the Direhorn Spirit instead should he pop up. I remember I used a similar macro on my warrior for intervening my demoralizing banner (whenever it existed) vs my selected target in pvp but its been a while...

Edit: My raid doesn't like the tanks moving him much as it makes their facing relative to their Barneys awkward.
    Last edited by ElChig; 2013-05-30 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, usually you shouldn't get any dinos at all while tanking horridon. As was said above, dinos spawn around the 9:45 minute mark on tanks. On our first kill, we both had dinos up. Mine spawned like 5 seconds before the end. Our firstkill was 10:40 our sth like that. Haven't seen him since - we're usually below 10 minutes now.

Getting a dino earlier then 9:xx minutes, is a raidfail. Either because one of your raidmembers is dead and can't be ressed or because someone immuned the dino (rogue/mage). On our second kill, our rogue was so paniced when he got the dino at like 8:xx minutes, he instantly vanished. The dino oneshotted me afterwards before I could even see him. So I guess thats the only thing to watch out for. Probably the reason why you got it at door 2 in the first place. When someone immunes their dino, he will change target. Doesn't matter if you are a tank or not at that point.

As for dino handling - I usually didn't bother with macros. Dino will be alive for 30 seconds tops when you get him usually (if you get him at all that is). Just throw judgement onto him whenever hes in range. From what I've seen, I believe the shield jumps onto him aswell, knocking him back.

If you do wanna use a macro for it you have 3 possibilities

a) mouse-over judgement
    b) focus judgement if it exists, otherwise judge horridon (only thing you got to do is focus the dino when he spawns and keep doing your rotation on horridon)
    c) you can /tar direhorn spirit /cast judg /targetlasttarget - it will judge horridon if the dino is not up and if the dino is up, it will judge the dino and switch back to horridon. The judgement command will always be executed, regardless of being able to target direhorn spirit or not

(I'm not at home so can't post you exact macros but you should get the drift)

You can also Holy Prism him or Avenger Shield him if needed (last resorts). Don't overcomplicate things. If you have problems with your haste levels and judgement cooldown, just target him and cast those spells. You will lose like 1 autohit or sth like that on horridon. Should be fine tbh. Your base cooldown of judgement should be fine though to repell your dino. Don't thing you will get problems.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 10:28 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Judist
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...udist/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=5057&e=5414
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Finally got a heroic kill on Jin'rokh, was wondering if anyone could check my logs and evaluate any weak areas.
    I also noticed that the #1 rank had 2 counts of Ionization Conduction damage taken. Is this a common practice to cheese logs? I haven't had time to look over everyone between #1 and #46, which I got tonight.
    Description of Playstyle: Typical Haste / Control build. Use AMR Haste / Control preset values with .9 mastery and low stamina.
    Your logs seem fine. Gear seems fine too on first glance.
    SS and SoTR Uptime are great.

You could have used Devo Aura twice (First and 3rd/4th Ionization). You only had 9 players in range. So maybe some positional stuff. (maybe it only targets 9 players on 25man, not sure - have no clue about 25 man)

You could also play with Holy Prism rather than Execution Sentence to help heal people up after Shocks / Ionizations. It's great on 10 man - not sure about 25s.

No Battlehealer glyph. Also not sure how strong that one is on 25 man, but for 10man its pretty great. Extra healing is great. No reason to glyph Div Prot either, especially since you should stand in those Ionizations anyway.

Rotation seems fine. Other Cooldown usage seems fine too.

@ Ionization cheesing: You should aim for taking as much controlled damage as possible. Ionization is great for it. Just stand near someone who gets dispelled and pop Div Prot. You can even get two or three with healing in between. That's like 1.5-2 Mio controlled Damage intake and that's a nice vengeance boost.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-05-31 at 02:14 PM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Thanks. I'll use the focus macro. Have a question about fights in general: Do you use wings on cd or w8 until a 1/2 str trinks are procced? Is there a minimum % of vengeance that u need b4 popping wings?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arity/advanced (I had a 496 helm during the actual logging of these fights and my new horridon trinket wasn't upgraded yet, so I had slightly less haste than this armory)
    World of logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n69w4bmto7473lv3/

This is my prot paladin alt in a casual 10m guild, and the first time anyone has logged any part of our runs since I've started running there. I can tell that I need to work on sacred shield uptime, but would appreciate if people could check fights (esp ones like durumu and iron qon where I'm solo tanking) to see if I'm maxing hopo gen and not wasting any, etc. Also, does GoAK not show on logs? I'm fairly certain I used it nearly every fight but I don't see it as a buff cast. Any advice/tips are appreciated. If anyone happens to feel like evaluating any of the other players that would also be welcome, but this probably isn't the place for that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorfion View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arity/advanced (I had a 496 helm during the actual logging of these fights and my new horridon trinket wasn't upgraded yet, so I had slightly less haste than this armory)
    World of logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n69w4bmto7473lv3/

This is my prot paladin alt in a casual 10m guild, and the first time anyone has logged any part of our runs since I've started running there. I can tell that I need to work on sacred shield uptime, but would appreciate if people could check fights (esp ones like durumu and iron qon where I'm solo tanking) to see if I'm maxing hopo gen and not wasting any, etc. Also, does GoAK not show on logs? I'm fairly certain I used it nearly every fight but I don't see it as a buff cast. Any advice/tips are appreciated. If anyone happens to feel like evaluating any of the other players that would also be welcome, but this probably isn't the place for that. Thanks!
    Ah, I found your post (coming from the R&D subforum). Looks like you posted on a Saturday, which might explain why this got buried (we're pretty active during the week).

Your itemization is solid, but just curious why you're missing a glyph on your armory. I imagine this is where Battle Healer would go.

Good call on GoAK - I couldn't find it in my WoL either. Not sure why that is, but I'm certainly not a WoL-pro. Looking at your HoPo generation, it looks pretty solid and you seem to have a good CS to J ratio. If you want to improve on SS uptime, I would highly recommend using WeakAuras to track it. Once I added a SS tracker, I saw my uptime shoot up to 95%+ on most days.

I see this is an alt so I assume you're still working on your legendary quest, but once you get the DPS meta-gem, you'll see a nice boost in your DPS. I think someone calculated it to a ~10% boost.

Thanks for the tips, I will work on sacred shield uptime for sure. The glyph thing was just temporary, I switch glyphs around a lot and for some reason logged out with only 2. I run battle healer on 90% of the fights unless the healers tell me not to. This is indeed an alt that was leveled not long ago, so I just started on the secrets of the empire last week. I'm looking forward to getting it for sure, it sounds like it will be a bigger dps boost than it is for my dps dk main.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorfion View Post
    Thanks for the tips, I will work on sacred shield uptime for sure. The glyph thing was just temporary, I switch glyphs around a lot and for some reason logged out with only 2. I run battle healer on 90% of the fights unless the healers tell me not to. This is indeed an alt that was leveled not long ago, so I just started on the secrets of the empire last week. I'm looking forward to getting it for sure, it sounds like it will be a bigger dps boost than it is for my dps dk main.
    Is there a reason your healers don't want you to use it ? (Only thing i can figure out is it possibly messing up on H tortos, but other than that don't really have any ideas)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Is there a reason your healers don't want you to use it ? (Only thing i can figure out is it possibly messing up on H tortos, but other than that don't really have any ideas)
    Ranking on WoL?

Hello, i am in a slowly progressing guild do to the attendance boss and sever xfer, but our port pally dies a lot in fights is there some thing that he is doing wrong.

WoL: worldoflogs.com/guilds/219948/

armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Endoirret/simple