... LastLast

Prot pala threat problem

dunno why it went here but was missclick :P
    Last edited by srathgar; 2012-12-05 at 02:15 PM. Reason: wrong place

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    dunno why it went here but was missclick :P
    yep mod moved it. anyhoo
    Opener id always start with Judgment (and not AS) on the run in to get the HP rolling asap.

your rotation looks iffy: should be

CS - Judg - x - CS - x - Judg - CS - x - x - CS - Judg - x - ect

crusader strike-judgement-filler-crusader strike-judgement-filler means your losing GCDs.

Your under hit and over exp caps. Do you use Wings on pull? If you have real probs maybe try using HA fairly soon after pull.

Also not sure if the tanking powers that be came to a conclusion on the whole "does LH give you aggro" debate, but i wouldnt use it so soon in the pull. Id get some vengence before putting that down (ideally in one of those "x" moments in the rotation above).

Oh also you're gemming mastery and haste - tbh id pick one or the other to stack. Haste is better for dps/threat so im sure someone will go on about that at some point.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2012-12-05 at 03:20 PM.

recently race changed + i just got some new gear, now hence why my gear is a bit wack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    recently race changed + i just got some new gear, now hence why my gear is a bit wack
    Fair dos. Seems to be a rotation issue if anything then.

[prot] Garalon help

Hey, looking for advice and tips for improving my dps for normal Garalon.

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8584&e=8994

Am I doing this right?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A5/advanced <----armory

Just looking for basic feedback on my gems/enchants/reforges

also should I keep the haste/hit gems or get mastery/hit?

With this I sit at 49.77% avd w/o Might

Gara'jal Heroic tanking

Right, so tonight I did my first attempt at Gara'jal HC (& oneshot, wooh) with a new guild & I'd love to hear from other people how I did

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/oy6zs...?s=1590&e=1918

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lderi/advanced

I'd love some critique & advice if possible since I'm still doing my best to improve as much as I can.

@wownerd2012: If you want to push more dps for garalon without using a haste heavy build try using Execution Sentence instead of holy prism, you might want to also try glyphing focused shield and final wrath instead of alabaster shield and holy wrath, also use Crusader Strike instead of HoTR.

@Abysmo3420: depending on what sort of build you want to go for will change your gem/enchant set up, atm it looks like you're leaning more towards mastery instead of haste. If that's the case swap those haste gems over for mastery/hit. If you want to go haste heavy instead you'll have to swap the rest of your gems/enchants around to suit such a build.

@Cathias: Looks fine bar a few small things. Unless I'm seeing things wrong you never used a final tier talent once, Sacred shield uptime could be a lot better (68%), you only used AW once, could've been used twice, HA as well - you should be able to use HA at least once every time it's your turn to tank. DP could've also been used more often just to mitigate some damage (if glyphed). If you want to push more dps you can also use focused shield over alabaster shield. Gear/enchants/gems/reforge looks fine, so apart from a few small changes you're doing well.
    Last edited by DrDreads; 2012-12-06 at 03:47 PM.

prot stat weights

Ok, I am new to prot and was trying to sim my stats to see to see if my current gear will provide good defense and good dps. But simcraft doesnt seem to work in prot spec.

I am going for the haste build.

Here is a link to my character's Armory; Øptimus.

Optimus on Llane, in the guild longshot. My o is weird or I would link it

Added an armory link for you! But if YOU can't do the O, how do you expect us to do the it?!- Krekko
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-12-18 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    There can be loads of "weird" O's, this doesnt help one bit.

Ok, I am new to prot and was trying to sim my stats to see to see if my current gear will provide good defense and good dps. But simcraft doesnt seem to work in prot spec.

Not sure I followed the sim stats part.. but if you are interested in some general feedback:

1. Wrong chant on wep
    2. Below hit and exp caps, try using a Ghost Iron Dragonling if you have trouble hitting them
    3. Obviously you've swapped over from dps but just in case, wrong meta (austere is best i think) and str gems could be subbed for better alternatives, similarly you shouldn't really need stam gems unless you feel very squishy
    4. Glyph of Divine Protection > Dazing Shield
    5. Holy Avenger is probably better than Divine Purpose but up to you
    6. Dps enchants could be swapped out on shoulders/bracer for better stat synergy but up to you
    7. I have a feeling you probably have a 463 dps ring somewhere which is better than that 440 tank ring with horrible stats, just a hunch

Added an armory link for you! But if YOU can't do the O, how do you expect us to do the it?!- Krekko

Why would you reforge expertise to haste instead of crit to haste?
    as said by Luciferiuz, "wrong" wep enchant (could go with it later on.) go with colosus
    Swap your Darkmoon Faire trinket out with a Ghost Iron Dragonling with hit exp & haste gems.
    Go do Gate of the Setting Sun or Mogu'shan Palace for a new pair of gloves.
    Holy Avenger>Divine Purpose
    Go Stam/X gem instead of Str/X gem.
    Wrong meta

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    @Cathis;
    Imo tank shouldn't stack exp and hit, sure it gives better control but if you can't manage to keep aggro without it i would actually say your a bad tank.
    wow. way to misslead with completely incorrect information.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I'm currently looking for some advice in regards to my Protection Paladin. I'm soon to make a switch from DK tanking to Prot Paladin tanking and last night I was brought along to our MSV farm run to try and get some gear in order to help the switching over process. However on some fights such as Will of the Emperor I took extremely high amounts of damage which has lead me to believe I'm doing something very very wrong.

I last tanked as a Paladin back at the start of Cataclysm and back then I used to stack nothing but mastery and that turned out great, however since returning to Paladin tanking I've noticed that's no longer the way forward and a lot of people seem more focused on Hit and Expertise than stacking mastery.

My current gems, enchants and reforges are done by Mr Robots optimizer and it follows the Hit/Expertise > Mastery > Haste Build.

I've tried linking my armoury however it won't let me so search Kalahira on the realm Grim Batol (EU).
    Last edited by Kalahira; 2013-01-07 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahira View Post
    I'm currently looking for some advice in regards to my Protection Paladin. I'm soon to make a switch from DK tanking to Prot Paladin tanking and last night I was brought along to our MSV farm run to try and get some gear in order to help the switching over process. However on some fights such as Will of the Emperor I took extremely high amounts of damage which has lead me to believe I'm doing something very very wrong.
    O
    I last tanked as a Paladin back at the start of Cataclysm and back then I used to stack nothing but mastery and that turned out great, however since returning to Paladin tanking I've noticed that's no longer the way forward and a lot of people seem more focused on Hit and Expertise than stacking mastery.

My current gems, enchants and reforges are done by Mr Robots optimizer and it follows the Hit/Expertise > Mastery > Haste Build.

I've tried linking my armoury however it won't let me so search Kalahira on the realm Grim Batol (EU).
    Nothing wrong with stacking mastery ONCE you're hit/exp capped (in order to maximise HP generation and up time of ShotR buff). Most important thing on will is l2heigen basically, and get those opportunity strikes in. If you're getting hit lots during dance try pursuit of justice maybe.

Store 5 HP during dance if you're struggling to maximise buff uptime once dance finishes. HA talent is superior imo.

Save cds out of dance, particularly during gas phase.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-01-07 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Nothing wrong with stacking mastery ONCE you're hit/exp capped (in order to maximise HP generation and up time of ShotR buff). Most important thing on will is l2heigen basically, and get those opportunity strikes in. If you're getting hit lots during dance try pursuit of justice maybe.

Store 5 HP during dance if you're struggling to maximise buff uptime once dance finishes. HA talent is superior imo.

Save cds out of dance, particularly during gas phase.
    Never got hit by devastating combo. It was melee swings during titan gas that killed me, I'm not new to Will of the Emperor.

We also checked the logs (about half an hour ago) and noticed a severe lack of healing, my first act was to blame myself but after seeing the logs the healers simply had an off night, I took less damage than the warrior tank.
    Last edited by Kalahira; 2013-01-07 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahira View Post
    Never got hit by devastating combo. It was melee swings during titan gas that killed me, I'm not new to Will of the Emperor.

We also checked the logs (about half an hour ago) and noticed a severe lack of healing, my first act was to blame myself but after seeing the logs the healers simply had an off night, I took less damage than the warrior tank.
    Yeah, annoyingly in raids tanks do still require healing sometimes. Swap out healers with a healthstone imo.

Three quick questions:
    Anyone know how much parry strength becomes?
    Windsong, Dancing Steel or Colossus assuming money is not a problem?
    Anyone know a good boss swingtime adon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shippai View Post
    Three quick questions:
    Anyone know how much parry strength becomes?
    Windsong, Dancing Steel or Colossus assuming money is not a problem?
    Anyone know a good boss swingtime adon?
    q1. iirc 90% conversion
    q2. 10 man collossus.
    q3. nop soz.

15+ Year Old Account
    what 2 trinkets would u guys use out of the 3 options i have

http://www.wowhead.com/item=81181/heart-of-fire
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=81243
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86790

the vial doesnt really seem like an upgrade to me, am I wrong?