Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayroyma View Post
    Yes.
    2 Red Pure Exp gems
    4 "blue" Haste/hit gems
    6 Yellow Haste gems
    boot enchant = Haste
    Gloves enchant = Exp
    Fair enough then. Anymore questions buddy?

Also, I have a quick question.
    Cannot decide between Ret T14 shoulders for tanking or Prot T14 shoulders for tanking (will give me 2p but 2p is so gash)

Deleted
    The CD reductions on AD is good imho
    But so are the stats on the Ret Shoulders

Deleted
    The CD reductions on AD is good imho
    But so are the stats on the Ret Shoulders
    I can't really think of an encounter where I might die twice though.

The T14 2set really is quite pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The T14 2set really is quite pointless.
    So... Ret shoulders then? Haste/Hit sounds pretty glorious to me.

Deleted
    Ardent Defender
    Damage taken reduced by 20%.
    The next attack that would otherwise kill you will instead cause you to be healed for 15% of your maximum health.
    10 seconds remaining

Not really using it for the heal but the dmg reduction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Oh no Firefly, we actually have to disagree on something for once.
    I've been using Holy Prism lately and it is really, really useful. Try it out. Our battle healer glyph works hand in hand with the smart heal. And if you're going to heal yourself, the damage hits 5 targets, which is good for our AoE.
    I actually gotta do some thinking now seeing the results I posted in Prot Paladin Guide about HP GCD actually scaling with haste.

It may be one of those situations when HP looks terrible at first, and second... and third glance... but maybe at like 5th glance going a bit more in depth, due to the terrible design on Tier 6 talents, HP can actually possibly pull ahead.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 03:19 PM ----------

Be sneaky and queue as a DPS, but heal. No one will notice. Trust me.
    Not sure if they changed LFR, but last I checked, it is your spec, not your role that decides loot. But just queue as dps and leech, you can be retri in prot gear and do the best you can.

Deleted
    Ardent Defender
    The next attack that would otherwise kill you will instead cause you to be healed for 15% of your maximum health.
    10 seconds remaining

More haste = more Sacred Shield absorbs + higher uptime of SOTR = more of a damage reduction, I'm sure.

Deleted
    Ardent Defender
    10 seconds remaining

For me, we got enough damage reduction.

Ardent defender feels like more of an "OH SHIT" button, or to gimmick certain mechanics. I use on Spirit Kings HC to eat Annihilation for more vengeance.

Imo the 2p is really weak since it is on AD, if it was on GoAK or DP, it would have been awesome, but not on AD. I don't know any fight where I would want to use AD that often.

Deleted
    More haste = more Sacred Shield absorbs + higher uptime of SOTR = more of a damage reduction, I'm sure.
    That depends on if you can reach the next haste breakpoint (or stay above your current one)
    ofc more haste also means more heals from Battle Healer..

Deleted
    @Helai

What also makes me sceptical towards HP except the 20s CD, is that since the other talents do more damage per use, they scale so much better with Vengeance abusing, some fights you get insane amount of vengeance for a short period of time. Like when we are doing heroic spirit kings just as an example. Your vengeance peak to insane levels on the first and last boss, so using e.g. ES during these points will artificially improve its effective dps over HP. Lets say you can have insane vengeance on 40% of the execution sentences but only on 20% of the HPs. Not to mention Avenging Wrath.

That depends on if you can reach the next haste breakpoint (or stay above your current one)
    It is very easy to reach the 7 tick breakpoint in ~490 gear (~6500 haste rating with SoI and the 5% raid buff).

My beef with HP is that the cooldown is such that it hardly fits in with the rest of the rotation.

Deleted
    Haste breakpoints only matter if you do not reapply sacred shield. If you are reapplying sacred shield, each point of haste gives the same benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    @Helai

What also makes me sceptical towards HP except the 20s CD, is that since the other talents do more damage per use, they scale so much better with Vengeance abusing, some fights you get insane amount of vengeance for a short period of time. Like when we are doing heroic spirit kings just as an example. Your vengeance peak to insane levels on the first and last boss, so using e.g. ES during these points will artificially improve its effective dps over HP. Lets say you can have insane vengeance on 40% of the execution sentences but only on 20% of the HPs. Not to mention Avenging Wrath.
    I get your point completely but, if they added a dot/hot component with Holy Prism, it would be GODLY for Prot, but they won't do that anytime soon. ES is situational, as is LH and HP.
    I just prefer Holy Prism for the time being, it's still viable, just not as optimal as LH/ES. I find HP amazing for snap threat and for extra heals on raiders.
    If we're going to be healing them with battle healer, why not heal them with something else too?

Deleted
    In terms on raid cooldown, LH is insane when stacking up. It is just such a powerful raid healing tool.

That being said, in order to make HP equal to the others would simply require a 60 second CD and about 180% buff to damage to compensate. Maybe make some adjusment to not make it to bursty. Like, making it do half of the effect when used then radiate again after like 5 seconds or something. Kinda like how execution sentence works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I like it too. I only wish there's an option to remove the dragonling. Damn thing aggro stuffs that is 40 yd away. I keep 3 trinkets - dragonling for default, stamina trinket (because garalon), and a dps trinket (darkmist vortex).
    I went through my logs, and noticed that Garalon never hit me for more than 346,500 dmg (Furious Swipe) on 25H, my average swipe was 208k. So technically I didn't need the stam trinket I used, and could have used the Ghost Iron Dragonling along with Lei Shen's.

Ok, so I have some serious AoE threat issues on my tank, and I think it has to do with the fact that I have like no haste at all. I gemmed stam because I was reading about prot pallies on icy-veins, which I think is not the right way to go now.

Can someone please help? I can't post links yet, but my name is Paramount, my guild is UCORP and my server is Blade's Edge. Sorry I can't link but I'd really love to solve my AoE threat issues.

After reading I'm going to gem into haste most definitely. Also, would anyone recommend the engi trink? 600 to hit haste and expertise is crazy.. although it's a 450 trink
    Last edited by twopacuafina; 2013-01-29 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twopacuafina View Post
    Ok, so I have some serious AoE threat issues on my tank, and I think it has to do with the fact that I have like no haste at all. I gemmed stam because I was reading about prot pallies on icy-veins, which I think is not the right way to go now.

Can someone please help? I can't post links yet, but my name is Paramount and my guild is UCORP. Sorry I can't link but I'd really love to solve my AoE threat issues.

After reading I'm going to gem into haste most definitely. Also, would anyone recommend the engi trink? 600 to hit haste and expertise is crazy.. although it's a 450 trink
    Telling us your server would help too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twopacuafina View Post

Can someone please help? I can't post links yet, but my name is Paramount, my guild is UCORP and my server is Blade's Edge. Sorry I can't link but I'd really love to solve my AoE threat issues.

Havent looked at your toon but couple of things:

- dont need to gem/enchant for stamina - waste of damage mitigation stats: you really dont get one shot anymore.
    - if you're having threat issues then it's unlikely to be a not enough haste issue, but more a rotation/prioity/awareness issue.