Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    I reset my stats once before the windstorm, and 1 more time after all dogs die in last phase. Only 1 use in the entire fight of HoP is meaningful. How come i do the fight wrong w/o it?
    o_O
    HoPur = Hand of Purity
    70% reduction on DoT damage

Deleted
    It was all about the use of 4p, and the fact that u can't take unbreakable spirit because of HoP. But then again if u read what i posted, dot dmg is high only in the end because with current ilvl HoP's dot reduction will be something you actually need only once in the entire fight. Divine protection can be used quite some times, thus the effectiveness of HoP is like 0 compared to unbreakable spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Tishko here.

Always run with Unbreakable Spirit for this fight, I much prefer Divine Protection more often over Hand of Purity, despite the very high damage reduction on the DoT - I only drop Impale stacks twice per fight, even if we are taking a second tank for gear or 3 healing which extends the fight - and the damage from Impale is rarely life threatening. Divine Protection makes /sit spamming a bit safer too if you want to troll all of your DPS a bit more than normal

If you were abusing Vengeance by also building and maintaining stacks of Cinders and peaked as Quet'zal becomes active, then HoPur would be a safer choice, but it's not really worth the risk imo!

In summary, I'd recommend Unbreakable Spirit over HoPur.

I must be the only one who doesn't use Hand of Purity on Iron Qon. Used it for a while, haven't used it recently. Meh, haven't noticed the difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I must be the only one who doesn't use Hand of Purity on Iron Qon. Used it for a while, haven't used it recently. Meh, haven't noticed the difference.
    I dont either tbh. Though I would say that is a matter of lazyness. CBA to rebind to HoPur and add the additional keybind. HoPur is probably better, but dont need it.

That seems a bit contradictory: either the DOT damage IS meaningful, or it ISN'T. If the damage IS meaningful, you do better to take purity to mitigate it. If the DOT damage isn't consequential, so you don't take HoPur, then how are you lobbying to use 4pc to game the bonus HoPo as some huge bonus since it wouldn't hit hard enough to generate more than a few HoPo anyway? I can see a point to trying to game some extra HoPo from using UbS+4pc in 25 maybe, but I don't really see it in 10m where you can get away with only clearing stacks once.

Clear at first windstorm, then never again; Wings/HA/Lust when dogs land, rolling ShotR wall into first smash. Cycle HoPur with normal CDs and you can pretty safely run stacks out til the end of the fight. Much better returns than a few extra ShotR's (which require 4pc, which most non-25'ers don't use). IMO anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Hi,
    I started HC progress few weeks ago, and now we are on Tortos HC. Well i watched a lot of progress videos of Tortos HC, also read some tacts and so on. Now my question will be how to maintain that debuff Crystal Shell? On videos i saw pala tanks hit it few times on start and then dont target it that much during whole encounter. I also made a macro for targeting Crystal and some insta spells like Judgment,Avenger's shield... And will my AoE spells like Light's Hammer,Consecration if i cast them near Crystal maintain that debuff, so i dont need to target it that often?

We will have some try's on sunday night, hope that someone will help me with this

Thanks in advance...

Deleted
    We killed Tortos heroic yesterday for the first time, we did it as our 6th Heroic-Boss so we outgear the Boss. Nonetheless I used Judgement at the beginning to get the shell and then it never dropped till the Boss was dead. Sotr for every snapping bite and using cd's for stomps and it will never break.
    That's why I haven't used macros or anything like that. GL with the big turtle

EDIT: 10m speaking, I don't know if this works for 25m^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OktaviusCoA View Post
    Hi,
    I started HC progress few weeks ago, and now we are on Tortos HC. Well i watched a lot of progress videos of Tortos HC, also read some tacts and so on. Now my question will be how to maintain that debuff Crystal Shell? On videos i saw pala tanks hit it few times on start and then dont target it that much during whole encounter. I also made a macro for targeting Crystal and some insta spells like Judgment,Avenger's shield... And will my AoE spells like Light's Hammer,Consecration if i cast them near Crystal maintain that debuff, so i dont need to target it that often?

We will have some try's on sunday night, hope that someone will help me with this

Thanks in advance...
    The debuff refreshes every time you get a heal, so you don't have to maintain it normally. Except if something hits through it, then you will need to re-apply it. As far as I know AOE effects won't trigger it, but I never tried.

Quote Originally Posted by OktaviusCoA View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance...
    I always smack the crystal a bit before a pull (time permitting) to get 5 stacks of bastion of glory. When you pull the shell falls off so theres no use building it up for a shield then but getting 5 stacks on the pull is somewhat useful.

You shouldn't be hitting the crystal (imo) with anything other than a judgement macro. AS is dps you'd rather use on the boss or bats. You don't just want to smack the crystal all the time, you want to time it so you take it when you are CLOSE to full health. The whole fight revolves around ideally keeping the crystal buff on but only refreshing it at close to full health if it drops off.

You can't just stand and aoe near a crystal, you need to manage it carefully. It's the only difference between normal and hc and its the key to victory.

I might be wasting interwebs explaining but smacking the shell creates a shield, while you have the shield any heals increase the shield until its +-500-600k. If it falls off, replace it when your health is good. This is why 5 stacks of BOG is good imo, its also wise to blow a CD like GOAK on the pull to make sure when you apply the shield it doesn't fall off right away.

Finally, look around for a weakaura string that shows the size of the absorb. The Blizz UI is shit for that.

GoAK at the pull is completely wasted - there's no reason why your healers wouldn't be able to keep that shield up after the pull. Better use GoAK for the first stomp and boost your vengeance by eating a few rocks

wow, thanks for fast and really good advices that's our 5th HC 10man progress boss, and i menaged to fix weakauras addon to show me shield absorb... thanks again now i am r for sunday night...

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    GoAK at the pull is completely wasted - there's no reason why your healers wouldn't be able to keep that shield up after the pull. Better use GoAK for the first stomp and boost your vengeance by eating a few rocks
    Yeah, standing in shit to cheese vengeance is an awesome way to progress for a guild just hitting tortos HC

Deleted
    honestly though if you're tanking the boss then you don't need your cds at all - best to use them to cheese vengeance by standing in as many rockfalls as possible.

PS divine purpose is your best bet for this boss for highest ShotR uptime

On my DK I would pop all cds on/after the first stomp (AMS + IBF + ARMY) and stand next to people to make sure I eat 5+ rockfalls.
    Instant boost to 200k+ vengeance makes a noticable difference in dps.

And well.. you know as a pally you can just reapply SS with the significantly higher vengeance levels to even reduce your overall damage taken 0o. GoAK is only really needed sub 20% when there are too many turtles and that's more than 3 minutes down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yeah, standing in shit to cheese vengeance is an awesome way to progress for a guild just hitting tortos HC
    So what... because you're late in progression doesn't mean you should default to playing it the lazy/incorrect way.

On that note, should you always be trying to cheese Vengeance when possible? I've tried to do it on Tortos (normal, mind you) and usually end up getting killed from damage (rockfall + Snapping Bite hurts if I don't get heals up, even with Shield), or because Battle Healer gets aggro on the bats and they eat my face, or someone is a second or two late kicking a Turtle, you get the idea. I think outside of Horridon now (which I finally got to solo tank yay, well except when War God showed up then the Bear took Horridon and I took War God), I can't afford to cheese vengeance because I'm too afraid that standing in the shit will get me killed. I probably just suck
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-07-27 at 12:18 PM.

Well you shouldn't take more than 1 Rockfall with only DP up ; with GoAK + DP you should be able to take 3+.
    As for bats.... idk how you have troubles with them as a pally o0 since GC procs from them will give you an extremely high ShoR uptime.

So what... because you're late in progression doesn't mean you should default to playing it the lazy/incorrect way.
    Wait, avoiding rockfalls is lazy and incorrect? I don't agree with you. People progressing on that fight now likely have less skilled setups than people with 13/13HC advocating the "stand in shit for vengeance" methods of playing. The fights are challenging enough for people just reaching them without adding an extra layer of difficulty.

I'm semi-convinced people that are 13/13HC fail to comprehend the difficulties that people can have on fights. What might seem like sound tanking advice isn't. It's "how to rank on WOL" advice you are giving now. This is a "fix my tanking" thread. It's not a "cheese my dps rankings" thread. If the person asking the question were hitting enrages and needed to squeeze a bit more damage then yeah, great advice. For now, I hope he chooses to ignore you.

As for bats.... idk how you have troubles with them as a pally o0 since GC procs from them will give you an extremely high ShoR uptime.
    This sort of proves my point made above. A "fix my tanking" thread and you're attitude is "idk how you can have troubles with them as pally o0"
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2013-07-27 at 04:01 PM.

Well you shouldn't take more than 1 Rockfall with only DP up ; with GoAK + DP you should be able to take 3+.
    The bats are mostly if I pull aggro when I'm low on health, because of that life drain thing. If my bear co-tank is a bit late in grabbing them, I'm in for a world of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    15% is great to shoot for, but is not (and wasn't really ever) required. Haste is always better, past 7.5% exp (since all that extra exp will only affect CS/HotR). If you max out haste and have stats left over, put them into expertise (up to 15%).
    Theck has run the numbers multiple times and Hit/Exp are your best mitigation stats up to the caps. That's 7.5% hit and 15% expertise. I'm pretty sure it's the same for DPS, but I could be wrong there.

@Felir - People who are critiquing your T1, T5, and T6 talents are ignorant in my opinion. T1 should be changed depending on the fight, T6 should be changed depending on the fight (I prefer Holy Prism except for on fights like Megaera and it's a toss up on Ra-den), and T5 is really a choice between DP and HA. DP is better for SotR uptime and damage once you hit 22-24% haste, but that's on solo tank fights (at my haste level DP is always better for damage). HA effectively gives you another Shield Wall that lasts longer and will give you more damage/healing at your gear level. Your tier four talents are also highly dependent on the fight.