Deleted
    The only thing I dislike about tanking is how you are dependent on you coo-tank. Actually when I was looking for a new guild, it was one of the deciding factors. Thankfully in my new guild, I got some encounters where I got to play around as much as I want. :3 That gave me a way bigger incentive than anything else, to improve myself. <3

Got my first ranking too on Horridon (#81), and more are WIP. :3
    I'm still not as good as some here, but I'm getting closer with each reset.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Wish your guild logged, because I've got this nagging feeling that he ain't as good as he thinks....
    The guild doesn't but I run logs for my own usage to evaluate what I can, usually for my own performance: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/221107/ not sure if that's the same thing though since I know there are other sites that use logs. I mean I'm not that concerned as long as we down bosses, and we're now 11/12 when like two months ago we were 1/12 and stuck on Horridon (before I came back as fulltime tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    , we two-shot DA (I accidentally had my golems link the first try, and because I stand in between them... yeah. It hurt. Full to dead in about 3s)
    You should really let them link. Just pop GOAK / HA and refresh SS once your vengeance rockets. That way the adds die about as quickly as you did :P

Theres no need for cooldowns outside of that opening burst of damage until much later in the fight.

Deleted
    The guild doesn't but I run logs for my own usage to evaluate what I can, usually for my own performance: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/221107/ not sure if that's the same thing though since I know there are other sites that use logs. I mean I'm not that concerned as long as we down bosses, and we're now 11/12 when like two months ago we were 1/12 and stuck on Horridon (before I came back as fulltime tank).
    Your SotR uptime is kind of low, you should try to get it higher.
    From simcraft, your potential highest uptime would be 64%. But yeah, that is simcraft vs target dummy, still 50%+ should be doable.

On the other side: GL keeping up with your i535 full bis bear coo-tank. ^^;;; Being 13 ilvl behind, with crap gear can be annoying.

PS: Upgrade your gear. Especial the crafted helm/boots, they will last till late HCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Your SotR uptime is kind of low, you should try to get it higher.
    From simcraft, your potential highest uptime would be 64%. But yeah, that is simcraft vs target dummy, still 50%+ should be doable.

On the other side: GL keeping up with your i535 full bis bear coo-tank. ^^;;; Being 13 ilvl behind, with crap gear can be annoying.

PS: Upgrade your gear. Especial the crafted helm/boots, they will last till late HCs.
    Haha yeah, when I get gear it just so happens to be the kind of gear that's not optimal (see: weapon, chest, shoulders) but upgrades are upgrades when you're going from 489 or 496 to 522+.

Quote Originally Posted by zebpally View Post
    Thanks for all the info. I was under the impression that the dot from Heroic Twins cannot be HOPed.

My pally healer believes I need a bigger health pool for heroic tortos. Do you guys reckon stam trinket from Shado Pan would be better instead of Stuff of Nightmare? On a similar note I was thinking about replacing Stuff of Nightmare with Iron Belly Work since it gives a lot of haste on a minute cooldown? Sorry if I am asking very stupid questions. I haven't played this class since Cata
    Fan of Flames can be BUBBLE'd, but I don't believe BoP works. Never tried, as I don't ever run clemency, so Bubble is my primary stack-dropper-of-choice.

And yes, ANYTHING is better than Stuff of Nightmares. ANY.THING. SP-rep trinket is GREAT, esp if you run HA (macro the on-use to HA for a beefed up SHotR wall). IBW is OK, but haste PROCS are pretty pointless: we want static haste. Plus the static STR does nothing for your HP pool, if that's what you're trying to fix...

I think it was just an excuse. He also was like "I will solo tank Lu'lin and the Beast of Nightmares both, don't worry about taunting it Aro" and actually proceeded to do so, so maybe he's just an amazing player (he sure as hell thinks he is, he's very arrogant)
    Lol, this guy...like he's doing something amazing. Christ, what a joke. Beast+boss is a joke, even in ~500 gear. Gotta love arrogance with no substance to back it up...

It doesn't matter that much to me, honestly. Maybe it would have a year or more ago. Anyways with the advice I've gotten, we two-shot DA (I accidentally had my golems link the first try, and because I stand in between them... yeah. It hurt. Full to dead in about 3s), oneshot Iron Qon, one shot Twins (what a joke) and we are now working on Lei Shen himself, with a probable kill on Monday
    You SHOULD be linking golems on DA to kill them faster (more V). Just use CDs accordingly. On HC DA, for example, I take 3 golems to start and pop all my defensives, get up to ~1.3-1.5mil DPS and 600k SS ticks. Pretty much immortal. Enjoy riding that V-train!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Fairly certain you can solo tank the fight better than him since paladins are better suited for fire-bitch solo tanking in P2.
    Agreed, but this dude just seems like a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Your druid is not as awesome as he think he is. He was only on 150k on Durumu. That is terribly low. Especially considering his gear, I would say he should be around 180-200k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Agreed, but this dude just seems like a tool.
    Well yeah, agreed. Just saying some of his douchebag decision actually has some legit merit into them, especially considering the gear difference between the 2 tanks and Arothand having a better dps off spec.

Just being the devils advocate a bit. I am sure he is a tool too

Next DA I'm going to let my healers know I'm going to try tanking two of them linked with popping CDs, and let's see how it works out. If I'm prepared for it I can at least pop cooldowns before I die, its just when I'm like "Oh shit they're linked" that I tend to die before I can pop cooldowns to live, and none of my 3 healers can get me up in time.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-08-01 at 02:09 PM.

Yeah, I'm sure it's just "lucky" that Aro has a better DPS spec, even tho Feral and Guardian have VERY similar overlap between spec/stat prio's. It's just that it becomes a LOT more obvious how subpar a player is when they're trying to DPS without V propping them up.

99% sure this guy is playing at about 40-50% capacity, being crutched up on one side by ilvl and V on the other. I don't know enough about guardian to interpret his log uptimes for skill, but his DPS for that ilvl on normal is laughable, so I'd hate to see what his feral would do, given it's slightly demanding rotation.

Every time Arothand posts, I get that image of the SPCA commercial with the sad Sara McLachlan song poor guy, someone needs to adopt him into a good home.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Every time Arothand posts, I get that image of the SPCA commercial with the sad Sara McLachlan song poor guy, someone needs to adopt him into a good home.
    LOL! If I really wanted to I'm sure I could do better elsewhere, but I don't want to really bother. I'm essentially only playing half-assed because I'm not that interested in it; I spent most of Cataclysm guild hopping and it wasn't worth the effort. I'm pretty sure most of his "My gear isn't good for Feral" is a bunch of crap because it seems to be the same as for Guardian, but I don't play either so I'm not sure. Like I said though I don't mind DPSing, I actually welcome the change sometimes, I just don't like the "We're going to use a shit strat because I don't want to DPS" or worse, if I tried to solo tank and died, the blame would fall on me for being bad.

Anyways on topic of Fix my tanking (I don't want to derail the thread with whether my bear co-tank is a douche or not lol) should I try to only use WoGs with 5x Bastion? I admit I get scared sometimes when I see my health plummet and will pop a WoG when I see this (I use CLCProt and it prioritizes WoG I think at sub 40% health, Bastion or not, so I sometimes overreact when I see the WoG icon with an "Oh crap health low heal meh!!!!" moment) because I've had times in the past where, for whatever reason, heals just don't come in time. At least once or twice last night (On DA for sure tanking the Massive Golem, and I believe on Twins) my health was a sliver and I freaked out popping LoH because it didn't look like I would get healed in time (that really sucked on the Massive as I had like 3 stacks of Explosive, so I was really freaking out that I would die before I had a chance to bubble it, since I said I could handle him without a swap while everyone was burning Animus; luckily he died just before I ran out of CDs). I'm not sure if my healers are slow or what but it happens more often than I'd think it should with my health just dropping and nary a heal in sight unless I do like a SotR, then a quick CS/Judg and WoG to heal myself, or use Gift of the Naaru + Healthstone. I really tend to panic when my health goes down by a lot; I think I'm scarred from our Baleroc attempts in Firelands where I'd get hit by Decimation Blade and then literally I could count the seconds until I'd die from the second one since my health wasn't going up.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-08-01 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    You should try to never use WoG. If you absolutely need to use it, you should not really care if it is on 3 or 5 stacks, it will still heal you for a fair amount of health, as long as it is not on 0 stacks. But really, try to never use WoG.

WOG@5 will top you from dead, at most V levels. So, if you're NOT dead, and only ~40%, a 2-4BOG WOG will easily put you back to safety.

I don't really ever WOG unless something is going REALLY wrong, or I want to game the 2pc bonus for upcoming damage phases. Obivously, everyone's got different "panic thresholds", but keep this in mind:

USUALLY, if you just took a spike, you're not going to get another spike from that source for a few seconds (esp on normal).

This means that, on DA for example, if you've got a Massive and you just got slammed, you're not going to get slammed again by that massive for a few moments. This is planned/built in, to allow for healer reaction (and/or tank reaction/proaction). If you have 2 enemies, just keep a note of when they're spiking you and plan around that. If the slams come 2sec apart, you would be wise to WOG up after the first slam to prepare for #2. If they're ~5 sec apart, you're probably good to hold for heals.

Honesltly, go to Isle of Giants and pull the Direhorn packs. Get a group of 2 bigs and 2-4 littles, and practice learning spikes, mitigation, CD timing and WOG use. They have cast-bars for TP, and you can see when they are casting, and it's ~12 sec re-cast. So, plan your CDs and AM accordingly and you're fine. If not, you'll die like a nub, but you'll learn and not wipe the raid

Tl;DR - sub-5 BOG WOG is fine. Learning your character a bit better will help with decision making on CD usage.
    20k and counting...

Great advice about Isle (I think you said that before as well and it was glossed over with other discussion). I'll definitely do that; I'm always trying to improve myself. I don't think I'm anything great but I can always do things better, especially since my SotR uptime and cooldown usage can be better.

I think it was just an excuse. He also was like "I will solo tank Lu'lin and the Beast of Nightmares both, don't worry about taunting it Aro" and actually proceeded to do so, so maybe he's just an amazing player (he sure as hell thinks he is, he's very arrogant)
    I do this on the regular. Mostly because I'm an 18k haste geared prot paladin and my OT is a DK. Which is the better single target tank? Yup. Although, this week I did pretty much every fight minus Durumu, Primordius, and Tortos on my monk (gearing for next raid content). So we actually duo-tanked IQ because I wasn't comfortable doing it on a 530 monk. He ended up dying in the final phase, so essentially I did it anyway...

PD - Why, in god's name, would YOU reroll to monk and leave the DK, instead of staying on Pal and having DK reroll to something useful?

BTW: "because I enjoy monk" or "fun" are not acceptable answers
    20k and counting...

Next DA I'm going to let my healers know I'm going to try tanking two of them linked with popping CDs, and let's see how it works out. If I'm prepared for it I can at least pop cooldowns before I die, its just when I'm like "Oh shit they're linked" that I tend to die before I can pop cooldowns to live, and none of my 3 healers can get me up in time.
    You're doing it on 10M right? It shouldn't be much of a problem on 10s, because I do it on 25's. I do know that if I pick up a random spare add and carry 3+boss, I get pooped on like Deacon from Zack and Miri.

- - - Updated - - -

PD - Why, in god's name, would YOU reroll to monk and leave the DK, instead of staying on Pal and having DK reroll to something useful?

BTW: "because I enjoy monk" or "fun" are not acceptable answers
    I'll PM you the deets, but in general, it's to "round out our tanking core". We have another paladin, so it's not like we're going to lose the prot paladin in anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tanked Raden with my prot Last night. I think my heart stopped 5 times each try... Only fight Where I hardcapped exp Over haste and subbed in my stamina trinket... But down is down i guess

Anyone relate? :-)
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    i wish....DA hc this week (hopefully....gogo team summer roster!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    i wish....DA hc this week (hopefully....gogo team summer roster!)
    Good luck!!

---

Here is the Video of our Raden kill (my POV):

And here is the log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2247&e=2604

Anything to improve? Handling the fight as well as rotation / playstyle / ui... anything basically?
    Any Criticism?

---

Note: Rotation stops mostly at like 70+ as I wanted to make sure to have CS/JD ready for 90 energy so I could 2x SoTR. I also didn't really pay attention to the add most of the times. Our rogue tricksed it to me so I could continue focusing on the boss. I mostly just cleaved it with AS/CONC/HW/HOTR which was enough to keep aggro. We had our DK + Rogue stun it and the moonkin was supposed to kick it away from me when it exploded.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-08-02 at 01:09 PM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Congrats on the kill Riemu, now tell me what the song in your kill vid is lol.