I think some folks reported v1.0 uptimes of 50-55%, which would make sense given its interaction with haste.

v2.0 should be at 68%+ with the RPPM changes.

Will definitely be swapping over for progression, as that amout of uptime removes a lot of R from the RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

15+ Year Old Account
    not to mention that v2.0 is actually useful because it is all damage, not just physical.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    not to mention that v2.0 is actually useful because it is all damage, not just physical.
    Well, right...that's why anyone's considering it at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    I don't know how much haste you have (or had when tested it), but I tried it a few nights (2weeks before switching to dps metagem) with about 16k haste back in the day, and had mostly 55-65% consistently throughout the whole bosses.
    With 17k haste, last Wednesday, the highest it went was solo-tanking durumu heroic at ~42%.

Anyone here got a weakaura for target's swing timer or know how to make one?

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Anyone here got a weakaura for target's swing timer or know how to make one?
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bossswingtimer

Thanks PD, got linked to that in the Prot HUD thread too, guessing people just use that rather than trying to make strings for it.

10 HM Animus Zerg Strat---Pally Tank Issue

We were just trying a zerg strat for this after watching a couple of videos and feeling confident. What took the wind out of our sails was our Pally tank dropping in about 10 seconds. We tried giving him 3 adds, killing one of them immediately and then he holds two the rest of the way but after a couple of almost immediate wipes we changed it up a bit and left him with two but I was wondering if there is something he is forgetting to do. I don;t know Prot that well at all but I feel like this is a cd issue. Logs below:

Constructive criticism would be appreciated

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4y98c541gv81exek/
    Last edited by Greywardenn; 2013-08-30 at 06:23 PM. Reason: edited URL, try this one

Your link is broken, fix it please.

Sorry about that, weird. I adjusted it.

Just by glancing at it quickly, he isnt using enough moves, a prot pally should be near the top of the charts and for sure if he has 3 adds on him
    He shouldnt be using Seal of Truth at all, thats just silly

If you look at your best try (the one over 1 minute)
    he never got a single SotR off, he used it once, but it missed
    (he should have 7.5 Hit and 15% Exp, so those never miss, that's just bad practice)

He should be using the 4P set and cycling the 4P (ie Div Prot) with Holy Avenger to maximize his SotR uptime, that should be over 70% on this fight if he is going to survive.

So unless he can keep up his active mitigation and put out more damage, he won't survive

Had a quick 2 min look..

Took a look firstly at Primordius kill

Then took a look at an attempt such as DA try 3; heres my opinions
    - you will never pull off Dark Animus zerg with this pally tank unless he really stops slacking;
    - Sacred Shield uptime should be 90%+ on every boss (for progression definantly!), Dark Animus zerg = possible 1 shot in first 20 secs if boss + 3, his uptime was around 30%...?
    - 3 GC procs, only got holy power from it twice, You're attempting the ZERG strat where tanks do majority of the damage and he isn't even using his most damaging ability, which also generates holy power on during proc. I've had 3m+ hits with Avenger Shield.
    - Dosen't look like he understands how important it is to game vengeance for Sacred Shield survivability. His Sacred shield did near enough lowest healing - with 200kish healed, he should get 500k vengeance instantly, which should generate a 300k/tick Sacred Shield alone, get him to refresh Sacred shield when he caps veng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zili View Post
    If you look at your best try (the one over 1 minute)
    he never got a single SotR off, he used it once, but it missed
    You should learn to read logs properly though.
    It is better than saying BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    We were just trying a zerg strat for this after watching a couple of videos and feeling confident. What took the wind out of our sails was our Pally tank dropping in about 10 seconds. We tried giving him 3 adds, killing one of them immediately and then he holds two the rest of the way but after a couple of almost immediate wipes we changed it up a bit and left him with two but I was wondering if there is something he is forgetting to do. I don;t know Prot that well at all but I feel like this is a cd issue. Logs below:

Constructive criticism would be appreciated

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4y98c541gv81exek/
    He should be using the talent Holy Avenger, without that the zerg strat is impossible. If SotR falls down, then he will die.

He also has issues with his rotation, he uses Crusader Strike the same amount as Judgment. (According to the Primo Kill) While CS should be 1.5xJ normally. He has lower Holy power generation this way. He also has a bad habit of using Word of Glory too much, while generally SotR is better, but that is only a minor issue.

He should fix his rotation, Sacred Shield uptime, and use Holy Avenger. But I don't recommend the zerg tactic, it isn't worth it, and it won't make the progress faster.

PS: I checked the other logs he has, and it is typically the same. Although he did a good rotation on Meg, his uptime on Shield of the Righteous was good too, but Sacred Shield is still a issue. He should use weakauras or something to track that, and practice his rotation. But it ain't that bad, I have seen way worse.
    PSS: Ignore the trolls above, especially then one who can't read logs, and thinks it's a bad idea to use Seal of Truth while in Ret spec.
    Last edited by mmoc0083755d71; 2013-08-30 at 11:29 PM.

Hmmm apparently I should have checked the logs myself instead of relying on someone else's interpretation of them... My bad! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    You should learn to read logs properly though.
    It is better than saying BS.

- - - Updated - - -

He should be using the talent Holy Avenger, without that the zerg strat is impossible. If SotR falls down, then he will die.

He also has issues with his rotation, he uses Crusader Strike the same amount as Judgment. (According to the Primo Kill) While CS should be 1.5xJ normally. He has lower Holy power generation this way. He also has a bad habit of using Word of Glory too much, while generally SotR is better, but that is only a minor issue.

He should fix his rotation, Sacred Shield uptime, and use Holy Avenger. But I don't recommend the zerg tactic, it isn't worth it, and it won't make the progress faster.

PS: I checked the other logs he has, and it is typically the same. Although he did a good rotation on Meg, his uptime on Shield of the Righteous was good too, but Sacred Shield is still a issue. He should use weakauras or something to track that, and practice his rotation. But it ain't that bad, I have seen way worse.
    PSS: Ignore the trolls above, especially then one who can't read logs, and thinks it's a bad idea to use Seal of Truth while in Ret spec.
    "TrollS) Nothing about my comment makes me a troll actually, bless ya. Was actually offering him the best advice he is going to get if he wants to keep at the zerg, ofc you can prove me wrong and do the Zerg yourself with 30% uptime on Sacred Shield if you want, it would be quite game breaking if possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    "TrollS) Nothing about my comment makes me a troll actually, bless ya. Was actually offering him the best advice he is going to get if he wants to keep at the zerg, ofc you can prove me wrong and do the Zerg yourself with 30% uptime on Sacred Shield if you want, it would be quite game breaking if possible
    And where ya the one who filled his post with lies? No? Then why do you think this was addressed to ya? -.-
    Your post was superficial, but I had nothing against it actually.

Hello,

First time posting here (can not post links yet sorry) and looking to get some advice for tanking on my Pally, I just recently switched back to him after our other tank left us, and I decided to switch so that we did not go into SoO with two Death Knight tanks. The big problem that I am having is that I do not feel that I am pulling the damage that I should be currently.

My Armory is: .us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Grayven/simple

Most recent log (I forgot to run logs until after Heroic Jin'Rokh and switched to my DK for Ji-Kun): .worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dlwsj14phuw6y4op/

That log also has me at a 503 item level as I got the heroic bracers from Jin' Rokh and Cloak from Horridon last night.

Right now I am not worried as much about survivability (Which my healers haven't complained yet.) as I am my damage. When I tank on my Death Knight, which is a lot better geared, I can typically get 120k-160k but I have a hard time reaching decent numbers on the Paladin. (Also, currently only at a Test of Valor for the Legendary Questline, if that information is useful.)

So my question is that is there something that I am doing wrong? Or is it just a matter of needing better gear (Like a better trinket)? Let me know if more information would be helpful?

Thank you

Deleted
    Just taking a quick glance.

Your sacred shield uptime looks good, although it looks like you're reapplying it a bit too soon costing you GCDs.

Your sotr uptime seems consistent from fight to fight (do you remember to time it for big physical nukes?)

Your CS:Judgment ratio is a bit off (both over and under on the different fights) which leads me to believe your lack of dmg output might have to do with not pushing your buttons on every GCD and/or not using an optimal priority.

You're also tanking adds on horridon which makes absolutely no sense. A paladin is hands down the best tank there is for tanking Horridon while your blood dk would be much much better off on adds. which I guess is why your uptime on sotr on this specific fight is a lot lower than the rest.

Damage comes natural from having vengeance as long as you follow the proper priority and push a button 'every' gcd (as long as you don't die obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Just taking a quick glance.

Your sacred shield uptime looks good, although it looks like you're reapplying it a bit too soon costing you GCDs.

Your sotr uptime seems consistent from fight to fight (do you remember to time it for big physical nukes?)

Your CS:Judgment ratio is a bit off (both over and under on the different fights) which leads me to believe your lack of dmg output might have to do with not pushing your buttons on every GCD and/or not using an optimal priority.

You're also tanking adds on horridon which makes absolutely no sense. A paladin is hands down the best tank there is for tanking Horridon while your blood dk would be much much better off on adds. which I guess is why your uptime on sotr on this specific fight is a lot lower than the rest.

Damage comes natural from having vengeance as long as you follow the proper priority and push a button 'every' gcd (as long as you don't die obviously).
    Thank you for the help.

I am going to need to adjust my UI to make it more friendly to my Paladin which should help with Sacred Shield. Right now I have been using a rotation helper to try and burn it in my head (which might be making me focus too much on that rather than watching my keys). The Blood DK doesn't ever feel comfortable on adds which is why I usually will take them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaryeyes View Post
    Thank you for the help.

I am going to need to adjust my UI to make it more friendly to my Paladin which should help with Sacred Shield. Right now I have been using a rotation helper to try and burn it in my head (which might be making me focus too much on that rather than watching my keys). The Blood DK doesn't ever feel comfortable on adds which is why I usually will take them.
    a) Instead of using an addon I suggest standing at the dummies for 10 minutes a day just practicing the priority (and figuring out what each ability does) since sometimes you wanna swap from survival to more dmg oriented etc.

b) In regards to your DK. "Do what you fear most and you control fear". Don't let it hold you guys back. It could be essential in a future tier to have the paladin on the boss and the DK on the adds.