Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    Can someone take a look at my dude and our Garrosh 10 kill and let me know if I need to change anything? Currently OT and clearly we're doing the content...but I kind of feel like I'm low on dps sometimes. Granted the MT is a DK and on Garrosh in particular he tanks all of the adds in the first phase. Thanks.

*snipped because I still can't post links. Le sigh*

DP uptimes and such aren't as high as I feel they should be, but again I'm the OT and don't need to pop DP on cooldown (when not actively tanking)
    First of all, you've got a lot of awfully itemized gear, which means you have a very low haste-iLvl ratio. My average iLvl is about 3 higher, and I have at least 10% more haste than you do. Now, obviously you can't control loot RNG, but if you aren't already, make it very clear to your raid leader that loot with haste on it is yours.

On top of that, you're making some basic rotational errors. Your log shows more uses of Judgement than CS+HotR, which means you're favouring Judgement over these. This is a mistake, and costs you a non-trivial amount of HoPo, especially over the course of a very long fight like Garrosh. The end result of this is the other, more glaring, fault in your log - your atrociously low uptimes on EF and SotR. On the same fight, for comparison's sake, I manage to generate almost 100 more HoPo than you... despite the fact that my guild kills him 3 minutes faster than you guys.

In fact, your HoPo gains are so small that it can't feasibly just be down to lacking haste or a simple rotational error - you obviously need to fix that, as well, but it quite simply seems that you aren't mashing your buttons hard enough. SO MASH DEM BUTTONS HARDER!

Thanks, and we've had absolute BULLSHIT luck with fucking drops this tier. It's been ALL leather agility and mail. I was holy/ret (switch) last tier and switched to OT this tier because our other OT had work-blah-blah-blah, so I'm still trying to get the hang of tanking.

Should I be hitting EF every time I've got a 5 stack, no matter what? Or save the EF for when I take a big hit and keep SotR up? Mashy prot paladin is...weird for me. Feels like a rogue with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    Thanks, and we've had absolute BULLSHIT luck with fucking drops this tier. It's been ALL leather agility and mail. I was holy/ret (switch) last tier and switched to OT this tier because our other OT had work-blah-blah-blah, so I'm still trying to get the hang of tanking.

Should I be hitting EF every time I've got a 5 stack, no matter what? Or save the EF for when I take a big hit and keep SotR up? Mashy prot paladin is...weird for me. Feels like a rogue with a shield.
    Save EF for when you take a big hit - I've had EF (the initial heal) heal me for most of my health before, when used at 5 stacks and 3 HoPo. If the fight (or the part of the fight) doesn't have big hits, still wait until you've taken some damage, so that the initial heal of EF isn't wasted. The rest of the time, though, your HoPo is best spent on SotR.

And keep in mind, prot and ret use the same gear/stat priority. Take D/P gear if the ilvl difference makes it an upgrade (at least a tier, or 13 ilvls) due to stam/armor amounts, but try to stick with gear with haste on it when you can. But, make sure that, since you're taking haste gear and gemming/reforging to haste, you're hitting buttons as fast as you can, so that that haste actually matters - having dead time between ability usage makes haste less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Save EF for when you take a big hit - I've had EF (the initial heal) heal me for most of my health before, when used at 5 stacks and 3 HoPo. If the fight (or the part of the fight) doesn't have big hits, still wait until you've taken some damage, so that the initial heal of EF isn't wasted. The rest of the time, though, your HoPo is best spent on SotR.

And keep in mind, prot and ret use the same gear/stat priority. Take D/P gear if the ilvl difference makes it an upgrade (at least a tier, or 13 ilvls) due to stam/armor amounts, but try to stick with gear with haste on it when you can. But, make sure that, since you're taking haste gear and gemming/reforging to haste, you're hitting buttons as fast as you can, so that that haste actually matters - having dead time between ability usage makes haste less effective.
    I feel like I'm mashing buttons like a madman, but I think part of my problem is the horrible itemization on most of my gear. The ret stuff I had was LUCKY to be 522, because I was holy main last tier with ret OS. So from 502-522 straight to 553+ is too big of a jump for me to not take the tanking plate that's dropping. So far the only fight I seem to get absolutely rocked on is heroic protectors when we try the tanking anguish debuff method.

Now, if I was a BM monk, I'd have full 4 piece and 561 gear coming out of my ass. But oh no, can't have any good plate tank or even plate dps gear dropping, that would help too much.

Oh believe me, I know the woes of lack of proper loot dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Ok let me get this straight:
    1) The melee haste thingie on your char sheet includes the attackspeed buff -> that's not the number you want to look at
    2) Both melee and spell haste have the same rating conversion which are shown at the respective tooltip -> both tooltips show the right percentage

What I'm trying to say? If you're simply looking at the charsheet numbers BOTH are wrong if you're looking at the tooltip BOTH are correct.
    Which is why I specifically said "melee haste" and not "melee attack speed"

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Wait why..?
    SoL is +10% casting haste, and we're talking about unbuffed / personal buffs only then melee haste = haste

Hello again, quick opinion question.

This will be for Flex mode, mainly wing 4 etc

Trying to decide for 2nd trinket slot. Between Brutal Talisman (i522) http://www.wowhead.com/item=94508 and Rooks (i528) http://www.wowhead.com/item=104940

Basically with my gear (i530 average) brutal would give me 3% more haste and Rooks would give me roughly 50k more health with buffs (731k vs 688k without Rooks unbuffed)

Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by clickerflipper; 2013-10-17 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clickerflipper View Post

Trying to decide for 2nd trinket slot. Between Brutal Talisman (i522) http://www.wowhead.com/item=94508 and Rooks (i528) http://www.wowhead.com/item=104940

Basically with my gear (i530 average) brutal would give me 3% more haste and Rooks would give me roughly 50k more health with buffs (731k vs 688k without Rooks unbuffed)

Brutal. 123

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Brutal. 123
    I dunno, how hard does he hit on Flex mode? Might be worth taking the extra stamina (and less damage taken every third AoE spinning thing) while learning the fight, especially in the final phase if healers are tied up healing other people or sitting in a mind control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clickerflipper View Post

If you feel like you know your class mechanics well, i.e. you feel like you can play protection paladin good, Brutal will the be the better choice.
    If you on the other hand feel a bit insecure about your rotation/active mitigation then I would suggest you to pick the stamina trinket.

Personally I use Brutal Talisman over Rooks Heroic ilvl 566.

Deleted
    Has anyone else noticed their SotR uptimes going down? I'm rocking 21k haste atm and my uptime is barely 50% on a boss like HC Protectors where I'm constantly tanking something. Last night on Galagras HC I was solo tanking the adds down and my uptime was 57%, highest of the day. I remember that in ToT I regurlarly had SotR uptime of 60%+ and I had less haste back in the day.

EDIT: Logs from last night http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-knkwtwkbjdi31hgv/, Armory can be found in the signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    Has anyone else noticed their SotR uptimes going down? I'm rocking 21k haste atm and my uptime is barely 50% on a boss like HC Protectors where I'm constantly tanking something. Last night on Galagras HC I was solo tanking the adds down and my uptime was 57%, highest of the day. I remember that in ToT I regurlarly had SotR uptime of 60%+ and I had less haste back in the day.

EDIT: Logs from last night http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-knkwtwkbjdi31hgv/, Armory can be found in the signature
    1. You are using eternal flame which means lower SotR uptime with the 4p.
    2. A lot of the fights are designed so your SotR uptime gets lower, not so many fights that you have 100% uptime this tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    1. You are using eternal flame which means lower SotR uptime with the 4p.
    2. A lot of the fights are designed so your SotR uptime gets lower, not so many fights that you have 100% uptime this tier.
    So I should not be very worried about this?

Yeah, not having 4P is going to affect your SotR uptime. As will the encounter design, like FF says. Not to mention DP procs. I had 75% uptime on Sha of Pride on my last kill due to running pretty well with procs.

I wouldn't worry about stats to be honest if you're already confident about your skill. Look at it this way: have you changed your playstyle since ToT? I don't think so; you're probably playing the same as you did before, maybe a little different at first to get used to EF. It's very unlikely that with a new tier you suddenly got terrible at protection, and that's the reason you're seeing drops in SotR uptime. So if you're happy with what you saw in ToT, then be happy with what's going on now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Yeah, not having 4P is going to affect your SotR uptime. As will the encounter design, like FF says. Not to mention DP procs. I had 75% uptime on Sha of Pride on my last kill due to running pretty well with procs.

I wouldn't worry about stats to be honest if you're already confident about your skill. Look at it this way: have you changed your playstyle since ToT? I don't think so; you're probably playing the same as you did before, maybe a little different at first to get used to EF. It's very unlikely that with a new tier you suddenly got terrible at protection, and that's the reason you're seeing drops in SotR uptime. So if you're happy with what you saw in ToT, then be happy with what's going on now.
    Yeah, sucks to be last in EPGP prio and no conqueror tokens dropping from bosses. Good thing is that I have teh skillzor! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I played like retard yesterday on Norushen hc, getting gibbed like 3 times in whole night (including our kill try).
    Can boss get his Unleashed whatever-it-is-called hit (that does 400k phys damage before stacks) during Lazor beam? Doesn't look like it, but sometimes damage was a bit too spiky.
    That boss is too much of a clusterfuck on 25man heroic.

My apologies for asking about gear but I didn't find out what would be better. Would 533 belt with hit/parry or hit/crit benefit me more then my current one? I'm not sure if higher ilvl would make up for not so good stats. Second is timeless trinket - is any 535 (nizuao or xuen) worth taking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    My apologies for asking about gear but I didn't find out what would be better. Would 533 belt with hit/parry or hit/crit benefit me more then my current one? I'm not sure if higher ilvl would make up for not so good stats. Second is timeless trinket - is any 535 (nizuao or xuen) worth taking?
    Yes the belt would be worth it over your current (both would) which one depends on whether you'd like to use it for ret as well. Xuen might be worth it over your 502 spark. But I'd probably stick to the spark myself and use the 50k coins on a burden and pray it's a haste item I get.

543 Spark of Zan - 21.5k haste 930k hp
    574 Vial - 19.6k haste 1m(little over) hp

Can't decide atm... Mainly thinking of using Vial for Thok and Siege as those our the next 2 fights we are working on. Not sure though took it cuz other tank alrdy had one. Any pallies who have / are that far think its worth using?

Armory in sig for my pally