Deleted
    Good evening fellow Pally friends!

I haven't posted here yet on this thread / topic, because i haven't feel the urge of doin it, since i've been doin okey untill now in SoO Heroic progression! We are atm at 8/14 HC.

The thing is when patch 5.4 hit, i've felt that us Pallys is ALOT weaker compared to my DK Tank buddy, he stacks pure haste and owns the meters in DMG, Healing and also takes less dmg taken in our 10 man raid. Our GM that is a Mistweaver have Tank as offspecc and has pure ToT HC BiS set and takes less dmg then me aswell, also doin more DPS and Healing compared to me. Im not sure if im doin something wrong, but im doin what i've done pre 5.4 and now when i check Skada on DMG taken, DMG done and Healing DONE im by far the worst tank of us 3, i need help to sort this shit out.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fs9d29ok34jrzr6m/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Amina/advanced

Theres the logs from our previous raids (im knowledge of the fights that i used Sacred Shield) But i have switched to Eternal Flame now, to actually "boost" the healing a bit.

I think gemming, and reforging is perfect asfaik, and i know the rotation and prioritys. Anything that can help me improve my healing done, dmg taken or even dmg done is highly appreciated.

[EDIT] I have also a few more trinkets to choose from, and these are Vial of the living corruption (Normal), Feather from Ji-kun (HC)! Im trying to get the hold on the Thok Tail Tip from Thok, but haven't dropped yet. I also still looking for a Shield (which haven't been dropping, actually wasn't in for the Sha of Pride HC kill and HC WF Shield dropped) and also a pair of new bracers!
    Last edited by mmocf9c9920ce0; 2013-10-19 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added a few things to my post.

Deleted
    I'd definately swap to vial over spark for malkorok (and I'd use vial over rooks for most other fights).

Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    snip
    I sadly don't have the time to help you with your own problems, but for the love of god tell your DK cotank to read up about the changes in 5.4; he will easily gain another 30k+ DPS and tons more survivability by going parry instead of haste. Parry is the go to stat for survivability and damage as long as he has enough mastery to feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    Good evening fellow Pally friends!

I haven't posted here yet on this thread / topic, because i haven't feel the urge of doin it, since i've been doin okey untill now in SoO Heroic progression! We are atm at 8/14 HC.

The thing is when patch 5.4 hit, i've felt that us Pallys is ALOT weaker compared to my DK Tank buddy, he stacks pure haste and owns the meters in DMG, Healing and also takes less dmg taken in our 10 man raid. Our GM that is a Mistweaver have Tank as offspecc and has pure ToT HC BiS set and takes less dmg then me aswell, also doin more DPS and Healing compared to me. Im not sure if im doin something wrong, but im doin what i've done pre 5.4 and now when i check Skada on DMG taken, DMG done and Healing DONE im by far the worst tank of us 3, i need help to sort this shit out.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fs9d29ok34jrzr6m/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Amina/advanced

Theres the logs from our previous raids (im knowledge of the fights that i used Sacred Shield) But i have switched to Eternal Flame now, to actually "boost" the healing a bit.

I think gemming, and reforging is perfect asfaik, and i know the rotation and prioritys. Anything that can help me improve my healing done, dmg taken or even dmg done is highly appreciated.

[EDIT] I have also a few more trinkets to choose from, and these are Vial of the living corruption (Normal), Feather from Ji-kun (HC)! Im trying to get the hold on the Thok Tail Tip from Thok, but haven't dropped yet. I also still looking for a Shield (which haven't been dropping, actually wasn't in for the Sha of Pride HC kill and HC WF Shield dropped) and also a pair of new bracers!
    Ignore Skada/Recount's damage taken it doesn't count absorbs as damage taken, but does count it as healing done, thus allowing you to double dip.

Looking at the logs you took ~same dmg on immerseus, a lot less on protectors, a lot less on norushen, a lot less on sha, a lot less on galakras, ~ same on iron jugger and ~ same on dark shammies.
    So i don't think you should worry about that.

For trinkets i would recomend just running vial + spark for all fights and vial + rooks for malkorok.

I wouldn't worry at all about damage taken numbers especially when comparing different classes. Everything has its own mechanic for handling damage intake...

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    I wouldn't worry at all about damage taken numbers especially when comparing different classes. Everything has its own mechanic for handling damage intake...
    It is something good to look at, just not on scada/recount.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It is something good to look at, just not on scada/recount.
    I don't think it valuable at all to be totally honest. At least not without sufficient analysis. There are a massive number of variables which affect your damage taken, none of which relate whatsoever to your skill. Under no circumstances would I ever look at damage taken and use that to guide my play, certainly not to this extreme extent,

But i have switched to Eternal Flame now, to actually "boost" the healing a bit.
    I'd swap talents because I NEEDED to, not to pad my stats.

A short but nowhere near exhaustive list of TDR shortcomings:

Class mechanics. Classic example is that druids will take less damage total than a paladin due to their armor. Doesn't even bear (heh) mentioning that paladins are better overall tanks thanks to spike prevention (at least they were in 5.3, I honestly don't know how buffs truly affected druids in 5.4). It's true across the board. TDR has even led to posters who don't understand stagger complaining that their brewmasters are bad.

Pull order. My warrior co-tank was frustrated when we were progressing on H Ji-Kun because he kept dying. He went to WoL and observed that he was taking WAY more damage than I was. Well of course he would be; he pulled the boss first and most of our attempts didn't last 4 minutes. I hardly had a chance to even take the boss by the time most wipes were called. What was killing him was an inability to handle the Talon Rake + Infected Talons combo, not his damage taken. It's not like he fell over randomly in the fight. Happened almost always on the 2nd TR.

Role. You can't always even compare two tanks of the same class on comparable fight lengths. What would you even do for like Protectors? Tanks have different bosses for the whole fight, both doing different amounts and types of damage.

My biggest issue with TDR though is that it doesn't speak at all to what kills tanks. I don't want to harp on it because I know that you understand it, but burst damage is what matters. I'd only reevaluate my play if I were dying, consistently close to dying, and/or my healers were complaining that I was tough to heal. Not because WoL says I take more damage than a DK.

I remember an alt / pug run my guild organized for my Guardian. We were on 25 NM Meg and my co-tank died 3x in two attempts to my zero. He blamed the healers by pointing to World of Logs, where it showed that he was taking way less damage. His conclusion: he's tanking better than I am, but the healers are focusing so much on me that he's dying. Well, no, you're dying because you're not handling the spike damage. You're actually tanking terribly.
    Last edited by trystero; 2013-10-19 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    <snip>
    Just total dmg taken by itself isn't as important, but when combined with the minimum amount of analysis it becomes important. Plus you have fights like sha of pride where there's very little reason for tanks to be far apart.

I am a bit confused by the 50% melee haste and am having trouble finding a good answer under the many posts regarding haste. Are we gearing to 50% haste unbuffed? Or, are we gearing for 40% and reaching 50% through raid buffs? I currently sit at 39.36% melee haste unbuffed.

The reason I am posting is that I can pickup the .64% to 40% through upgrading pieces.

21250 haste rating = 50% haste. Raid buffs don't do anything. 10% melee haste and 5% spell cast and 10% from seal of insight dont do anything for us in terms of why we want 50% haste.

Thanks. I figured it was like that but didn't want to go for more pieces if it wasn't going to net me anything.

Deleted
    Haste cap is overrated imo. I won't equip pieces with maximum haste just to hit haste cap and lose mastery because of that. Just my opinion, no math to bacck me up, feel free to disagree, and I may even be convinced because I try to stay open-minded

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Haste cap is overrated imo. I won't equip pieces with maximum haste just to hit haste cap and lose mastery because of that. Just my opinion, no math to bacck me up, feel free to disagree, and I may even be convinced because I try to stay open-minded
    I think you don't understand the concept of caps...

Quote Originally Posted by steenkie View Post
    I am a bit confused by the 50% melee haste and am having trouble finding a good answer under the many posts regarding haste. Are we gearing to 50% haste unbuffed? Or, are we gearing for 40% and reaching 50% through raid buffs? I currently sit at 39.36% melee haste unbuffed.

The reason I am posting is that I can pickup the .64% to 40% through upgrading pieces.
    As a prot pala gear to 50% haste through gear. The reason why the 10% melee raid buff does not count is because it is melee attack speed and NOT haste. So whilst it buffs the speed you attack at with white hits, this does NOT affect the cooldown reduction of your abilities through sanctity of battle nor will it affect sacred shield / eternal flame ticks.

I hope that covers your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    And yet you're still gemming for haste, which means you value haste more than mastery, which means you would value net gain in haste, more than net gain in mastery ?

Right, I'd love an overall review on my logs & armory, could anyone do this for me please? cheers!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfall/advanced

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mwrakuz2vbwas337/

I'd like to throw this question in here since it seems it's the best place to do so. Is there an addon that could help me out with timing enemy meele swings? Or is this just a feeling thing?

Deleted
    There is no addon that is counting for enemey melee swings, only yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoyal View Post
    I'd like to throw this question in here since it seems it's the best place to do so. Is there an addon that could help me out with timing enemy meele swings? Or is this just a feeling thing?
    There are addons like BossSwingTimer that can help you track that.

For me, going on feeling is a lot easier though. I would personally not bother getting an addon for it, but whatever floats your boat. Another issue is that a lot of bosses cancels their swing timers for spells, which fucks over a swing timer addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Right, I'd love an overall review on my logs & armory, could anyone do this for me please? cheers!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfall/advanced

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mwrakuz2vbwas337/
    Gear seems solid, dps seems low but based on logs it feels like the warrior doesn't want to share veng.
    Regardless of that nazgrim and galakras seem to be somewhat low.
    Sotr uptime seems to be good.