Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I was using VP trinket along with wote heroic trinket untill end of ToT. Spark dropped like 2 weeks before SoO.
    Valor + GID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Sssssssh... This is something you do not say in the paladin forums unless you wanna die a slow and painful death through stabbing.
    Too late. He won't be posting here any more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Sssssssh... This is something you do not say in the paladin forums unless you wanna die a slow and painful death through stabbing.
    I won't tell you how many Sparks I got then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I won't tell you how many Sparks I got then
    Some people have butter knives, I have a Butler Knife.

I have a bit of a dumb question. Do people refresh EF on 3 or 5 stacks on a fight like Garrosh HC?

I'm solo tanking and just tend to do it at 5, frankly cos I never put much thought into it. However, with the 4 set and the WoG glyph would it compromise survivability a lot to refresh at 3?

Deleted
    Hello everyone, not nearly well geared yet but I need help with my reforging, gemming and enchanting..

.... h t t p: // eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/sylvanas/Crusadin/simple Remove the spaces, can't post links yet

Educate me! Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricaanz View Post
    Hello everyone, not nearly well geared yet but I need help with my reforging, gemming and enchanting..

.... h t t p: // eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/sylvanas/Crusadin/simple Remove the spaces, can't post links yet

Educate me! Thanks in advance.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Paladin-Guide

Should probably try there until you have a more specific question, all the gemming/enchanting/reforging questions you've got should be answered in that link.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Should probably try there until you have a more specific question, all the gemming/enchanting/reforging questions you've got should be answered in that link.
    What I meant is how to fix my current reforging/gemming/enchanting.

I don't want a complete overhaul, if you know what I mean

Deleted
    Thank you I knew I had many things wrong. I actually gemmed like this when a 570ilvl prot paladin told me to do so.

That dodge trinket is horrible I know, trying to get a new one from flex every week with no luck ofc. I'll work on everything you told me! Thank you mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricaanz View Post
    What I meant is how to fix my current reforging/gemming/enchanting.

I don't want a complete overhaul, if you know what I mean
    Hmm I kinda don't but the information anyone here will give you is the same as written on the guide, if you have further questions though or more specific ones then it's easier to get help potentially. Least you have an answer now I wouldn't worry about the ilvl of someone giving you advice, I myself am like 530 because I've not had time to play in MOP but I definitely know (knew, at least) what I'm talking about. Glad you found Lazel's answer helpful though!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I have a bit of a dumb question. Do people refresh EF on 3 or 5 stacks on a fight like Garrosh HC?

I'm solo tanking and just tend to do it at 5, frankly cos I never put much thought into it. However, with the 4 set and the WoG glyph would it compromise survivability a lot to refresh at 3?
    Personal pref + depends on healers.
    When there's light damage intake i tend to just refresh at 3. Since we're solo/under healing +- every fight, i do go to 5 on some of the later fights, since the only outside healing i can sort of expect is HST.

Deleted
    Hey all,
    Don't really want to waste people's time with my nub questions but I can't send the moderator a pm because I haven't posted 10 times :/
    Anyway I raided tot heroic warlock and raided heroics since release now I'd like to try tanking.. I have just come back from a break and got 90 on a pala playing with a friend of mine oh is guardian druid and we are both in same 505ieh ilvl and I seem to be getting chunked in siege lfr. I have a few specific questions.
    1) if in low ilvl gear (around 500) do you still go for the haste stack or is there a threshold? So for example avoidance until you can reach 10k haste..
    2) I have read a few places on the Internet and a few vote divine purpose and a few vote holy avenger.. For my situation what's best, and same question with EF and SS.
    3) I have tried as close to 100% uptime on the shield of the righteous buff as possible but I keep having large chunks of 5-6 secs with no buff from it. Is this the wrong way to play it, should I be getting to 5 charges and waiting till I know a bigger than normal hit is coming in before using shield of the righteous.
    4) I have read the awesome guide so I know the gems chants glyphs so on, basically want a few questions answered for the ilvl I'm at. I don't believe it will help but here is armoury link, I have a healer shield because it's the only one I have got other than the 408 green and I know I should be gemming full haste and actually get enchants, EDIT: added armoury link but won't let me post as I have only posted once before so character name is Rekonin , alli,ravencrest EU

As I said I'm a decent player and a heroic raider so I know the gems and stuff are rubbish just a bit of the theory I need straightening out by one of you seasoned hands many thanks..

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...konin/advanced

1) Still stack haste, it increases pretty linearly I think (can't remember it's been so long) but there's not a minimum amount where it's going to be not useful. Keep going til 21500 (I think) or it goes down to like 20250 and 19600 if you get various versions of Thok's.

2) Divine Purpose; Holy Avenger is only useful for certain boss fights I believe Malkorok is a good example as you can time it for the rage effect - high haste values inflate the benefit of DP, your haste is very low so the difference will not be as profound as for those with higher haste. Use EF over SS. Try to keep the HOT rolling on you, your uptime of SHOTR will go down slightly until you get 4p (if you get 4p some people don't) but DP will help balance it out a bit.

3) Sounds fine, like in an ideal world you'd pool to 5 and then cast to go to 2 and then rebuild to 5, but I don't think anyone really does that - not outside of hideously undergeared progression. The reason would be that way you can easily get 1 more HP and save your life with a heal in desperate situations but it rarely happens where that'll make a difference or you'll react in time. This far into the expansion I wouldn't worry at all about it, just hit your buttons - but if you know an extra hard hit is coming in then obviously save it as 50% of 10k stopped is more than 50% of 5k.

4) Yeah there's not a lot to say here, just need to get some enchants and the correct gems. Really no need to get socket bonuses that's the number 1 mistake people make. If you can get them because you're not using only 320 haste gems then great, get them - but never substitute a 320 haste for something else with the intention of getting a socket bonus. The 160 haste is superior to the 60 strength. Unless you're at haste cap (21500 if I remember)

I only go for the socket bonus in the tier helmet (one exp/haste or exp/mastery for 270 stamina), tier chest (three exp/haste or exp/mastery for 270 stamina), cloak (exp/haste or exp/haste for 90 stamina) and if there is an expertise or haste bonus (for example on SoO rings).

Deleted
    Many Thanks buddy, really useful. Hopefully I'll change to DP will at least give me an overall increased uptime of the damage reduction buff. I was thinking that I would change it anyway but the quick throw away guides like noxxic and icy say holy avenger, just feel prot palas have alot of cd's already no need for another.

There was one more thing I forgot to say however I don't think it will make tons of difference, personally i prefer the utility that the last tier talent hammer gives but I seem to recall your guide saying prism was best, defo worth going prism?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Why would you go for expertise gems when you don't need it ?
    Means you can get more mastery from reforging. And there aren't any other useful gems that you can use if you want those three socket bonuses (red sockets).

There was one more thing I forgot to say however I don't think it will make tons of difference, personally i prefer the utility that the last tier talent hammer gives but I seem to recall your guide saying prism was best, defo worth going prism?
    Depends on the fight. If you want to push people that are close to the target up quickly (Thok) or pick up adds spawning around a specific person (Immerseus) then Holy Prism. If you want to deal AoE damage and maybe snare mobs (for example if you are tanking Kardris and want to help on the adds) then Light's Hammer would be a better choice.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-04-30 at 01:04 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yryso/advanced

This is me. Do I need improvement, gear-wise or something else, or am I right until WoD?

Deleted
    Heya!

I came across this thread and it seems to be a solid place to find improvement for my play. I'm sorry I can't post links because I registered for this. Armory information is included and logs links are from warcraftlogs.com

Armory Link:
    Nini on H-Draenor EU

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Using a slightly different build for Siegecrafter shredders (Exec Sentence, Focused Shield), also have Ret spec, but let's focus on Prot side now

Warcraftlogs Links:
    reports/BmtHQXF6KCJ2rLZD - Gary attempts, pt. 1
    reports/fKZ2Vr3PM9pDbTz7 - Gary attempts, pt. 2
    reports/HTKBtF3Qa2gXcNy9 - H2 of SoO, logs pt. 1
    reports/zd6aH8bptcB4FjCh - H2 of SoO, logs pt. 2
    reports/n4D8zd9Wa3xwQcZj - H1 of SoO

Questions, concerns, expectations:
    Please help me out on some things:
    1) suggestions on how to take less damage, as far as I know I am taking more than my fellow tanks (not sure about smoothness factor). For example, I'm not sure if I'm using EF properly or time shield slams correctly, and of course insight on defensive cooldown usage,
    2) suggestions on how to improve my dps, I have a feeling it's lower than it's supposed to be for my gear, also I lose aggro to my co-tank Monk/DK the moment he hits the mobs even if I have a few seconds head start (still, I keep them off dps fine),
    3) suggestions on some changes to gearing strategy (following Control/Haste on default settings in AMR currently with BiS list limited to N-WF items max),
    4) other tips, boss specific, addons, macros etc

Description of Playstyle:
    Currently keybinding majority of the buttons, using CLCRet and CLCProt2.0 unofficial update to help me out on the priority list. Main UI is ElvUI and I've tried to keep it very minimal. Those priority helper icons, ElvUI frames, nameplates from ElvUI and DBM are about the only things I have combat-related installed. Recently I was fiddling around with the idea of eating some of the annihilates on Garrosh but I am not sure if it was worth the added risk, couldn't make it out of the logs I'm reasonably aware of the surroundings but especially when I need to call things out on voice chat for the other raid members (like calling some of Gary mechanics that are incoming so they'll be prepared for that) I might "tunnel" myself too much into it and miss some things in game. I'm not great or even good at any rate, but I'm willing to learn more. I just get a gut feeling I'm more useful as Ret at the moment because my tanking feels too much binary at the moment (dead/not dead, and that's about it).

Thank you a lot, looking forward to your helpful tips!
    -Nini
    Last edited by mmocc79203c984; 2014-05-13 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nini View Post
    Heya!

I came across this thread and it seems to be a solid place to find improvement for my play. I'm sorry I can't post links because I registered for this. Armory information is included and logs links are from warcraftlogs.com

Armory Link:
    Nini on H-Draenor EU

Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Using a slightly different build for Siegecrafter shredders (Exec Sentence, Focused Shield), also have Ret spec, but let's focus on Prot side now

Warcraftlogs Links:
    reports/BmtHQXF6KCJ2rLZD - Gary attempts, pt. 1
    reports/fKZ2Vr3PM9pDbTz7 - Gary attempts, pt. 2
    reports/HTKBtF3Qa2gXcNy9 - H2 of SoO, logs pt. 1
    reports/zd6aH8bptcB4FjCh - H2 of SoO, logs pt. 2
    reports/n4D8zd9Wa3xwQcZj - H1 of SoO

Questions, concerns, expectations:
    Please help me out on some things:
    1) suggestions on how to take less damage, as far as I know I am taking more than my fellow tanks (not sure about smoothness factor). For example, I'm not sure if I'm using EF properly or time shield slams correctly, and of course insight on defensive cooldown usage,
    2) suggestions on how to improve my dps, I have a feeling it's lower than it's supposed to be for my gear, also I lose aggro to my co-tank Monk/DK the moment he hits the mobs even if I have a few seconds head start (still, I keep them off dps fine),
    3) suggestions on some changes to gearing strategy (following Control/Haste on default settings in AMR currently with BiS list limited to N-WF items max),
    4) other tips, boss specific, addons, macros etc

Description of Playstyle:
    Currently keybinding majority of the buttons, using CLCRet and CLCProt2.0 unofficial update to help me out on the priority list. Main UI is ElvUI and I've tried to keep it very minimal. Those priority helper icons, ElvUI frames, nameplates from ElvUI and DBM are about the only things I have combat-related installed. Recently I was fiddling around with the idea of eating some of the annihilates on Garrosh but I am not sure if it was worth the added risk, couldn't make it out of the logs I'm reasonably aware of the surroundings but especially when I need to call things out on voice chat for the other raid members (like calling some of Gary mechanics that are incoming so they'll be prepared for that) I might "tunnel" myself too much into it and miss some things in game. I'm not great or even good at any rate, but I'm willing to learn more. I just get a gut feeling I'm more useful as Ret at the moment because my tanking feels too much binary at the moment (dead/not dead, and that's about it).

Thank you a lot, looking forward to your helpful tips!
    -Nini
    Never gem stam, replace all non 320 haste gems with 320 gems (you can if u want take the socket bonus on helm and chest). Trinkets are kinda meh (dps wise especially), if u have hc spark from ToT go with that along with thok's tail whip ideally. Just with the regemming and trinket changes u should gain 10% or so haste, that will make a big difference to smoothing ur damage intake and boost ur dps. Drop HA for Divine purpose (only fight u should use HA is Malk for solo soaking blood rage). You should'nt lose aggro to ur co tanks (except if there are multiple targets), but to grab better threat on tank switches, make sure u taunt with 5 hp slam SotR in his face then judgement another SotR followed by AS. By the time u done that u should have taken enough hits to have some decent vengeance so threat should be fine. Remember u have a salvation u can use if u want
    You should also replace DP glyph with final wrath or focused shield.
    Last edited by Brummie; 2014-05-13 at 10:20 PM.