The story of a vanilla player quitting indefinitely. w/ screenshots

Before I type this, I just want the people who are going to put tl;dr to not bother. Pick another topic to read because I'm putting a lot of effort into this.

I started playing WoW as a freshmen in high school, right before the release of Naxx. My grandfather had died and I was moping around on myspace when I saw a 7 day free trial ad. I was interested and clicked. Keep in mind, I was never the type of gamer I would grow up to be. I was the type of person who hated being home, was always out skateboarding/surfing with friends or doing what tweens do.

I logged in and made an orc shaman, they looked cool and I really had no idea of what I was looking for in a character but I figured I'd learn from there. His name was Cellskii (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/40029217). I fell deep into an addiction with the game, even when I would be sitting in the ocean waiting for the next wave I'd be pondering what I would be doing next time I logged in. I leveled as enhance and knew I was more of a pvp'er then a pve'r. I spent countless hours in bgs, was a stone-guard at level 50.
    The first screen shot I have in a photobucket

Well, shaman wasn't for me so I decide to sell my shaman and transfer a level 55 warrior off my account to pick up as my main.
    Fast forward a few weeks into season 1, I ding 70, transfer to blackrock and begin my gear grind. I play the last week only getting around 15 games in and get challenger for the season. Season 2 began and I did a lot of team hopping. Learning the class and the playstyle in arenas (vs mindless button mashing in random bgs). I end the season with a rival title. Meh.

SEASON 3
    This is where my life is completely shut off to the outside world. I would go to school and day dream about getting home to play WoW. I was dating a crazy chick from italy who was controlling, manipulating, etc but we won't get into that.. Anyways, S3 begins and I instantly start scouting for players. I team hop a few druids, before finding the druid who matches my play style. Madsniper. He was well known on blackrock playing with good players like Sonydigital and a few others. We try out a few games, and learn each others playstyle. We sit around 2.1k-2.2k for awhile and eventually drop to 2k/2.1k on last week of s3. I get duelist after a lot of the top teams are banned for win trading and we're pushed to #15 in the battlegroup (bg9). It isn't gladiator, but hey, top 3% was note worthy for me.

Between season 3-4 I raid a little, just casual /2 kara mag gruul, etc.

Season 4 hits and I'm dedicated this season. I have a top 3% title and I'm ready to play with people who are ready to push for glad. I link up with some aussies from my guild, gladiator duckerslol and duelist emax. We hit 2.1k within 2 weeks of very few games.

We eventually push into the top 10 before being dropped from top 20. Emax has a lot going on and myself and duckers try to sell some PR to druid. IN the next few days, emaxs' account gets hacked, team is disbanded, and his druid is transfered off his account+server. Well, there goes gladiator. I don't play much for the next few weeks and get a inv to the wotlk beta.

Eventually, I play wotlk as a hunter and try to pvp. Well, pvp is broken and dying in 1-2 globals wasn't appealing so I tried pve.

Only screen shots I have during this stage is people ninja'ing gear from eye and naxx, sad isn't it?
    Well, wotlk is in a bad state and I decide to focus on RL. It's now my senior year in high school and I'd rather be doing shit like partying, chicks, etc.

Fast forward 2 years:
    I return to WoW in the final weeks for cata (I watched a few videos of cata pvp randomly and saw it was still bursty so I figured I'd sit that xpac out). I'm now 21 years old, and the warrior class is worse then ever. My account had been hacked and used for over 2 years, my hunter was already 85 and my warrior was 83. TY hacker! saved me time. Well, warriors are now terrible in pvp so I pve and set up a tanking set for MoP release. Weeks go by, I get my gear and get ready for MoP release! Release hits and I grind 90 in a few days (2 I think). I set up my gear and I'm ready for arenas. But wait, I don't know how to play my class anymore.. I practice with a mage and we sit around the 1600 bracket and can't seem to excel. I'm already bored with the burst and feel the class has been so dumbed down. I miss having to work for my kills and having to play with a brain instead of every class cd stacking.

This game has gone a course I cannot follow. My payment was due today at 2:30am but I instead canceled my account, I'm 90% sure I will never return to this game. As most people say they always return, I only returned the first time because of how much free time I have, not because I craved WoW. I'll be waiting for DayZ standalone and be putting my time into that.

Thank you for reading, I'm sure I could've done better grammatically and more structured but I deleted my first one on accident and was too lazy.
    _Jaedek @ blackrock

Last screen shot I've taken of my warrior.
    Jaedek <sup fresh our turn baby>

Are we supposed to pitty you now or...?

I dont get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a discussion forum, not a blog.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very well created "i quit" post but they are not allowed.

[Image removed]

Infracted. Don't post memes.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-09 at 06:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Needs more delusional "vanilla" players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think we give a crap about their quitting sob story?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    This.

Also, I think if you took the game less seriously, it still might be fun.

You shouldn't need justification of random forum strangers to quit. You obviously want to keep playing but are frustrated. I just go with the flow, whether or not I am a good player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get, were trying to say that this game has gotten so easy to the point where you want to quit or you want to quit because this game is no longer fun for you?

Also, I think you miss the point of being a Vanilla player, playing since Vanilla only meant that you were around when WoW was new & that you've done all the long shitty hours of just mindless honor/rep grinding but it WILL NEVER entitle you to any delusional prestige that you think this game owes you for being such a long time player. Get over yourself dude...
    Last edited by Winterstrife; 2012-11-09 at 06:00 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Cya in 2 years.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Are we supposed to pitty you now or...?

I dont get it.
    He won't get any from me, people come and go every day why the hell this guy think he's important enough for his own OMG I QUIT thread i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    [GIF]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/213/715/1323210631392[/GIF]
    Jaedek <sup fresh our turn baby>

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone let Blizzard know ASAP!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I really wish people would stop bragging about playing since Classic.

No one cares and no one will respect you more.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. "I Quit" threads server no useful purpose.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."