Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Game is doing well. I know it's hard for the people who were bagging (and still are) on GW2 to accept that. Queue'd up for WvW at 1am last night and waited for 20-25 minutes, Orr is still buzzing with people doing chain events and dungeon group ads are still abuzz in Lions arch and Orr zones. Also, Gw2 is an MMo with a completely different model than your typical run-of-the-mill MMo these days... don't expect people to be logged on for 12+ hrs a day everyday just to feel viable.
    It's a false sentiment given by the fact that new people keep buying it and, more or less, leaving soon after, in a constant flow. It doesn't mean the game can retain their interests.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 06:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well yes...but what did that have to do with my post, exactly? =)
    I was just enforcing your opinion.

  2. #102
    game is brilliant for casual play... you just need to stop trying to climb a treadmill and enjoy all aspects of the game... there's always something to do, especially at lvl 80

  3. #103
    Bloodsail Admiral Supajayare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Every time a topic about GW2 degenerates into the same old, "You just want raiding and raiding sucks." strawman stuff, I count that as a victory. =)
    A victory over what exactly? These types of "sky is falling" threads always devolve to the same nonsense being thrown around from both sides.

  4. #104
    I was just enforcing your opinion.
    Oh, derp. Sorry. So used to being on the defensive.

  5. #105
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,205
    It's a great game but it currently lacks something to keep me interested until new content.

  6. #106
    Bloodsail Admiral Supajayare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    The "same old" has over 10 milion fans, according the latest press release from Blizzard, while the "new and "original" guy" is actually seeing less and less regular logins. Something tells me that the "same old" is the recipe for success, not the fake new guy.
    Because quantity equates to quality right?

    We get it, X and Y MMo doesn't have 10 mil subsribers so game MUST be a fail.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    I can concur that interest in this game has decreased a lot. I played it and got bored after 3 weeks. I also know a bunch of people leaving GW2 to come back to games such as Mists of Pandaria and Rift: Storm Legion. In addition, Elder Scrolls Online is down the road and that series alone also has a large fan base.
    I dont quite understand how people would go from any other game to Rift. but thats me.
    I havent played gw2 much myself but as i logged on today just to see how much people are still playing only 4 servers are on medium the majority on high and 5 or something are full. How exactly is it decreased?
    Its more or less the same it always has been

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Because quantity equates to quality right?
    If quality doesn't get more customers than quantity, then it's useless.

    Besides, how can you say a bare bones MMO lacking A LOT of features, has more quality than another which has way more features. Mindboggling.

  9. #109
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    hAntwearpen
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugadan View Post
    Sure, you can barely see anyone leaving the game. I guess it's mere coincidence that my guild roster looks like this (and has looked like that for the last 1 month and a half) on a Friday evening.
    Erm, on friday evening my facebook looks just as empty, because everyone is going out on friday
    same for saturday, on sunday evening everyone and there mother is online
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

  10. #110
    Bloodsail Admiral Supajayare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    If quality doesn't get more customers than quantity, then it's useless.
    Thanks, I rest my case.

  11. #111
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,301
    The problem with GW2 endgame lies with the dungeons. IMO they should have just skipped them and concentrared on other stuff rather than implement then as they are now.

    Short version: GW2 dungeons are much too hard, too bugged and much too built around traditional tank-dps-heal roles where as no such things really exist in GW2. They are chaotic and frustrating and the rewards are really crap. Bosses drop nothing whatsoever of value, the only usable thing are the marks you get for clearing the entire "path" which you then can buy gear with (after several runs because stuff is expensive). Also mechanics that pretty much require you to die and just spawn-zerg are idiotic.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Thanks, I rest my case.
    Which makes me right. Wow, it's rare that people admit they were wrong.

  13. #113
    A victory over what exactly? These types of "sky is falling" threads always devolve to the same nonsense being thrown around from both sides.
    I dunno. Just a victory in general. It's incredibly rare that I hear anyone actually saying something good about GW2 (Fencers usually articulates her pros and cons well, so that's an exception).

    Instead what usually happens in these threads is a few people say they're bored, or all their friends quit, or there's nothing for them to do and then the usual suspects come in - and instead of saying something positive about the game - fall back on the usual tactic of bashing other games instead, or claiming that the bored people are "asking for raids" when no one has mentioned raids at all.

    So yeah, every time that happens I just find myself amused. And on the internet, finding amusement is a victory all its own.

    GW2 is a fun game with a ton of potential wrapped up inside of it, but thus far the developers have seemed to be playing it all so safe. Things feel very dull, very one-dimensional, very uninspired. I still play, I still have fun with a few particular aspects of the game (ok, really just WvW, and hardly even that) but it feels like a jug of milk in the fridge that's close to expiring...I wanna drink it quickly to get my moneys' worth out of it, but it already smells a little yucky...and the longer I wait, the less appealing it gets.
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2012-11-10 at 06:46 PM.

  14. #114
    There isn't much in terms of end-game rewards (notice I said rewards, not content). Nothing in the end-game feels rewarding/satisfying IMO.

    Also I think they failed on social integration. There's very little reason to play with friends (which is what keeps WoW and other games alive, because you have friends to play with which automatically makes the game a bit more enjoyable). Most content is soloable and they haven't included any social tools like LFG and etc. to assist with playing with others.

    Also, I never understood why people keep throwing up "it still says "High/Full" population, the game isn't dying!" Did you play at launch? You do know it's extremely simple for ArenaNet to change the population limits (they had to do so multiple times at launch when all the servers hit "Full" to allow more people to login). Call it a conspiracy theory if you wish, but it would be extremely simple for them to manipulate the numbers to keep the doomsayers at bay (and you would be playing into their plan).

    If you want proof of GW2 going downhill, use external sources like the OP. Videos are getting less views, as are live streams. Go to any account buying website and you'll see people selling GW2 accounts (with level 80s, exotics, world completion, etc.) for $20 and still not selling. You can buy a Legendary weapon for around $200/$300 (which if it's really supposed to be "the" end-game PvE goal is extremely cheap compared to what people spend on WoW accounts). I doubt their even selling for that much though.

    I was a GW2 fanboy for years, and it was extremely enjoyable to play, but it suffers the same way SWTOR did. Game play was entertaining enough to last through 1 play through, but nothing to keep you around after that. It's basically a single player game (and since I didn't spend any sub fees on it I'm perfectly fine with that, albeit a bit disappointed it wasn't what I thought it would be).
    Last edited by Maconi; 2012-11-10 at 06:40 PM.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    GW is, and always has been, a PvP game with PvE (yes it has a lot more PvE in GW2). The same as how WoW has, and always will be, a PvE game with PvP (the game did not have PvP when it first launched, and they put more focus into PvE content).
    Your avatar pic is just so incredibly cute.

  16. #116
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    And sex is about making a repetitive motion over and over, so why do people have sex ?! It makes no sense.
    you're gonna compare sex to guild wars 2

    am i having sex with your great great grandma or a really cute girl, because this could really make or break your analogy

    But no

    At least you feel good while you fuck and afterwards. Guild Wars 2 was fucking my mind and it was not enjoying it.

    It was like hay gurl you should totally sleep with gw2, he has a huge dong. but when i pulled down gw2's pants he had a normal dick, maybe smaller than average and stuck it in the wrong hole. i just went with it because i was open to trying something different but decided i didn't like it afterwards and took him to court for rape.
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    The problem with GW2 endgame lies with the dungeons. IMO they should have just skipped them and concentrared on other stuff rather than implement then as they are now.

    Short version: GW2 dungeons are much too hard, too bugged and much too built around traditional tank-dps-heal roles where as no such things really exist in GW2. They are chaotic and frustrating and the rewards are really crap. Bosses drop nothing whatsoever of value, the only usable thing are the marks you get for clearing the entire "path" which you then can buy gear with (after several runs because stuff is expensive). Also mechanics that pretty much require you to die and just spawn-zerg are idiotic.
    Dungeons are fine. They're just not central to the game experience like you expect it to be. However, after seeing the terminator 2 reference at the end of one dungeon I reaffirm this games awesome.

  18. #118
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    For every one person that raids, there are 9 people that don't.

    I know it's just driving you guys crazy that the game is doing so well


    Now who's spouting conspiracy theories?
    Get off the idea that anyone being critical of GW2 is trying to ruin the game.

    And sorry: the game isn't doing so well. It's doing decent at best.

    Pvp wise even the paid tournaments didn't help that much.
    For a game that was sold as a pvp game, that even talked of going e-sport, it delivered very little in terms of pvp.

    Even if you disagree, you still can't deny many people are disapointed with pve at 80 as well.
    Not everybody of course. But still rather a lot of complaints going around I would say.

    The game isn't growing, it's mostly consolidating on a small but loyal playerbase.
    My guess is that that won't suffice in the long run, but actually I hope I'm wrong.
    So I disagree on the game doing so well. It takes rather low standards to claim that.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    you're gonna compare sex to guild wars 2

    am i having sex with your great great grandma or a really cute girl, because this could really make or break your analogy

    But no

    At least you feel good while you fuck and afterwards. Guild Wars 2 was fucking my mind and it was not enjoying it.

    It was like hay gurl you should totally sleep with gw2, he has a huge dong. but when i pulled down gw2's pants he had a normal dick, maybe smaller than average and stuck it in the wrong hole. i just went with it because i was open to trying something different but decided i didn't like it afterwards and took him to court for rape.
    Oh, then I missunderstood. When GW2 supporters praise their game, they usually say wow is worse cause it has a strong pve component which implies doing the same raids/dungeons, while gw2 does not put a lot of accent on the pve part.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    Erm, on friday evening my facebook looks just as empty, because everyone is going out on friday
    same for saturday, on sunday evening everyone and there mother is online
    It's the same every evening, no matter the day. It has been for the past month. My noting of the fact that it was a Friday was just to emphasize the idea that it's during the weekend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •