Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    I've been saying it all along that with no real endgame and no way to progress your char of course people will get bored and every time I said it I got bashed by the fanbois. Interesting too that there are less of them as well now. If you are a completionist then this game is for you but if you want to develop your char in any meaningful way it isn’t and even the “but it’s about exploring, that’s the endgame” people have realized it.
    Even if you don't like gear grind (I, for one, don't) there's still little to do that hasn't been done before. It's still about the same boring, mindless grinds we've seen in other MMOs before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Oh, please, stop with this claim that people are massively leaving GW2. They are not. The only place where people can actually believe it it's a WoW fansite like this.
    GW2 servers are all on heavy or full population. If there's one complaint around is that people have to stay in queue for too long to access WvW because there's too many people playing at most hours of the day. During the recent Halloween week the servers almost crashed due to the amount of concurrent people playing. These are in game facts. Then, about people watching generic streams, I really don't know, but I wonder why someone should do it beyond the first week of release.
    Moreover, really, don't even say that everybody "went back to WoW". It's 2012, folks, it's already two years that people don't massively "get back to WoW" anymore, otherwise it's subscription wouldn't have fallen. Someone probably did come back, sure, but the market of online gaming is much wider and varied than before...
    think he was referring to streams, maybe you should read.

Other than watching tournaments or professional players, or sadly, really cute girls with webcams, I have never understood why anyone would want to watch others play games. Especially an MMO, where very little skill is involved in the first place. The only game that consistently gets really high viewers outside tournament play is WoW, and I would attribute that as people wanting to see how the game is coming along without going through the grind to experience it themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugadan View Post
    And what is that? Grind tokens or grind gold? What else is there besides that, as to what concerns PvE?

So, just because now I have to grind for looks instead of stats, I should suddenly be thankful? No thanks.
    100% map, achievements, getting different gear/weapons to fit different builds, skins as you said, legendaries.
    This is endgame wether you like it or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    100% map, achievements, getting different gear/weapons to fit different builds, skins as you said, legendaries.
    And after 100% map completion (which I completed quite a while ago) it's still about grinding, very much the opposite of what ArenaNet promised.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    100% map is the same in any MMO that has maps... the more recent the game, the bigger the maps get. Nothing worth mentioning that would set GW2 aside, except that it is indeed big.

Achievements are endgame, but again nothing special about them in terms of what people expect when discussing 'endgame'.

The rest of it are gear grinds, just as mentioned in the post you apparantly try to 'set straight'.

Your post actually shows how little endgame the game actually has. It's not because 100% map, or legendaries, take a very long time, that those count for a lot of endgame.
    Taking long to do, isn't the same as 'a lot of quality endgame'.

10+ Year Old Account
    For every one person that raids, there are 9 people that don't.

I know it's just driving you guys crazy that the game is doing so well
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Draugadan View Post
    Sure, you can barely see anyone leaving the game. I guess it's mere coincidence that my guild roster looks like this (and has looked like that for the last 1 month and a half) on a Friday evening.
    My first guild in wow had the same thing happen, we had a ton of active players and then out of the nowhere I was the only one in the guild online. It had nothing to do with the game (wow is still around) it just happened to be a coincidence that everyone in my guild stopped playing. This happened very early in the game as well.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-11-10 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    Your post actually shows how little endgame the game actually has. It's not because 100% map, or legendaries, take a very long time, that those count for a lot of endgame.
    Taking long to do, isn't the same as 'a lot of quality endgame'.
    So, what's "top quality endgame"?
    Grind the same instance over and over again so you can grind some other instance over and over again ad infinitum?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I know it's just driving you guys crazy that the game is doing so well
    It goes well ?!? Then I shudder to think what not working so well would look like.

Deleted
    So, what's "top quality endgame"?
    Grind the same instance over and over again so you can grind some other instance over and over again ad infinitum?
    And sex is about making a repetitive motion over and over, so why do people have sex ?! It makes no sense.

See ? I can reduce anything to nonsense in just a few words, doesn't mean it's true or that it's not way more to it than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is doing well. I know it's hard for the people who were bagging (and still are) on GW2 to accept that. Queue'd up for WvW at 1am last night and waited for 20-25 minutes, Orr is still buzzing with people doing chain events and dungeon group ads are still abuzz in Lions arch and Orr zones. Also, Gw2 is an MMo with a completely different model than your typical run-of-the-mill MMo these days... don't expect people to be logged on for 12+ hrs a day everyday just to feel viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Every time a topic about GW2 degenerates into the same old, "You just want raiding and raiding sucks." strawman stuff, I count that as a victory. =)
    The "same old" has over 10 milion fans, according the latest press release from Blizzard, while the "new and "original" guy" is actually seeing less and less regular logins. Something tells me that the "same old" is the recipe for success, not the fake new guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Game is doing well. I know it's hard for the people who were bagging (and still are) on GW2 to accept that. Queue'd up for WvW at 1am last night and waited for 20-25 minutes, Orr is still buzzing with people doing chain events and dungeon group ads are still abuzz in Lions arch and Orr zones. Also, Gw2 is an MMo with a completely different model than your typical run-of-the-mill MMo these days... don't expect people to be logged on for 12+ hrs a day everyday just to feel viable.
    It's a false sentiment given by the fact that new people keep buying it and, more or less, leaving soon after, in a constant flow. It doesn't mean the game can retain their interests.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 06:30 PM ----------

Well yes...but what did that have to do with my post, exactly? =)
    I was just enforcing your opinion.

game is brilliant for casual play... you just need to stop trying to climb a treadmill and enjoy all aspects of the game... there's always something to do, especially at lvl 80

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time a topic about GW2 degenerates into the same old, "You just want raiding and raiding sucks." strawman stuff, I count that as a victory. =)
    A victory over what exactly? These types of "sky is falling" threads always devolve to the same nonsense being thrown around from both sides.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a great game but it currently lacks something to keep me interested until new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    The "same old" has over 10 milion fans, according the latest press release from Blizzard, while the "new and "original" guy" is actually seeing less and less regular logins. Something tells me that the "same old" is the recipe for success, not the fake new guy.
    Because quantity equates to quality right?

We get it, X and Y MMo doesn't have 10 mil subsribers so game MUST be a fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    I can concur that interest in this game has decreased a lot. I played it and got bored after 3 weeks. I also know a bunch of people leaving GW2 to come back to games such as Mists of Pandaria and Rift: Storm Legion. In addition, Elder Scrolls Online is down the road and that series alone also has a large fan base.
    I dont quite understand how people would go from any other game to Rift. but thats me.
    I havent played gw2 much myself but as i logged on today just to see how much people are still playing only 4 servers are on medium the majority on high and 5 or something are full. How exactly is it decreased?
    Its more or less the same it always has been

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Because quantity equates to quality right?
    If quality doesn't get more customers than quantity, then it's useless.

Besides, how can you say a bare bones MMO lacking A LOT of features, has more quality than another which has way more features. Mindboggling.