The How to Kill a MW Monk Official Thread

So, I cannot kill a MW Monk in 2v2 neither on my Warrior or FDK. I believe I am an above average player on my Death Knight, sitting at 2200 rating atm. However my warrior im not as skilled. Everytime I have come up against a MW Monk.. I lose no matter what I try. Everytime it has been, MW Monk+ War or MW Monk + Bm Hunter. I run with either a Dpriest or a Hpal.. anyone got any ideas how the f to beat this comp?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big PVPer, but my suggestion would be to keep them out of melee range to deny them chi from jab.

We can generate /some/ chi from range but it is (well until 5.1) quite random and not at all dependable (not including expel harm/etc since they have a CD).

Without chi they are severely limited on what they can cast and without spending chi they aren't getting stacks of mana tea.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Moxal; 2012-11-09 at 08:20 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

charge=> wait for 2s, use cooldowns, pop shockwave.

Pow, you've got yourself a frag.

DK? That's much harder now. Never met MW monks on my DK to try it out,really.

man it's the only monk spec that isn't shit in pvp, just leave it alone. 2v2 is for points anyway, just let them win and let that one monk feel good for a day then take it out on the WW you see later as he rolls by in random directions with his untargeted "charge"

On a DK my bet would be, Stack necrotics while he's ccd then pop Emp Rune Weapon and laugh at him

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the Icy Touch glyph that dispells because all of a monks healing (except Surging Mist, 1.5 sec cast heal like flash light) is dispellable. Both hots are dispellable and Soothing Mist (channeling spell) is also dispellable.

Just be sure to keep bursting since MW monk healing DRAINS their mana REALLY hard. Also, if you're going to kill the MW don't stun him, or at least dont use all CDs for 2.5 seconds after you've stunned him.

Remember: MW monks are leather wearers with only one shield on a 3 min CD that absorbs 90-100k~ damage. They've also gotten a 3 min 20% dmg reduction and 20% xtra hp CD, 1 min 90% magic dmg reduction cd and they can dispell your diseases. When they summon their statue; kill it.

These are my experiences playing as MW monk, being pretty weak to burst while CCed.

Oh and as warrior be sure to burst with Avatar because of their slow. If they're specced into Leg Sweep (5 sec stun) trinket that, if they paralysis you (purple cage-like animation) Berserker Rage it. Expect your opening burst to be dodged due to the passive that grants MW monks 100% miss for 2.5 seconds after being stunned. And because warriors have MANY stuns expect your abilities to miss if you're stupid enough to use them straight after Demateriolize.

The problem is being on him long enough to damage him guys. This is how it goes.. I get to him manually without charge. Then he rolls away.. I charge.. he rolls again.. I charge. He then paralyzes me, I trinket, then I do my best to catch up to him.. then I finally get to em.. he rolls.. I charge.. he rolls I charge.. he then teleports away..and this is saying hes playing with a downey that wont peel for em. Which has not been the case for me.. the warrior sitting on me peeling me, and well the hunter is just deadly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Get the Icy Touch glyph that dispells because all of a monks healing (except Surging Mist, 1.5 sec cast heal like flash light) is dispellable. Both hots are dispellable and Soothing Mist (channeling spell) is also dispellable.

Just be sure to keep bursting since MW monk healing DRAINS their mana REALLY hard. Also, if you're going to kill the MW don't stun him, or at least dont use all CDs for 2.5 seconds after you've stunned him.

Remember: MW monks are leather wearers with only one shield on a 3 min CD that absorbs 90-100k~ damage. They've also gotten a 3 min 20% dmg reduction and 20% xtra hp CD, 1 min 90% magic dmg reduction cd and they can dispell your diseases. When they summon their statue; kill it.

These are my experiences playing as MW monk, being pretty weak to burst while CCed.

Oh and as warrior be sure to burst with Avatar because of their slow. If they're specced into Leg Sweep (5 sec stun) trinket that, if they paralysis you (purple cage-like animation) Berserker Rage it. Expect your opening burst to be dodged due to the passive that grants MW monks 100% miss for 2.5 seconds after being stunned. And because warriors have MANY stuns expect your abilities to miss if you're stupid enough to use them straight after Demateriolize.
    Thanks for the tips, was not aware zerker broke the paralyze